'Religion of Peace' strikes again. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:26:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  'Religion of Peace' strikes again. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 'Religion of Peace' strikes again.  (Read 4581 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: May 14, 2005, 03:01:47 PM »

One cannot tolerate the intolerant.  Though in this case  hungry pigs would be the more appropriate solution.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 06:02:46 PM »

I mainly have one question: why is it that, since these are Muslims, they somehow represent all one billion Muslims on Earth?  If they were a group of black people going around harassing homosexuals, would black people all of a sudden all be homophobic?

Most black people are homophobic.

Of course most people are homophobic, particularly most religious.  Only a fairly small percentage of the population is enlightened.  But it is fair to say that Muslims, as a group are among the worst - on a par with the born-agains.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 06:50:19 AM »

I mainly have one question: why is it that, since these are Muslims, they somehow represent all one billion Muslims on Earth?  If they were a group of black people going around harassing homosexuals, would black people all of a sudden all be homophobic?
Most black people are homophobic.
Are we?

Certainly the great majority, of course.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 11:16:31 AM »

So?  Surely you cannot dispute the fact that the great majority of black-skinned people are homophobic?  Probably even a greater percentage than homophobes among the white-skinned people.  Heck probably even a few homosexuals hate blacks, though I'm sure that is much more unusual.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 03:46:49 PM »

opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 04:26:23 PM »

Semi-Retired Al, would you have a problem with the state ment 'all Naziis are dangerous'?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2005, 01:57:43 PM »

Semi-Retired Al, would you have a problem with the state ment 'all Naziis are dangerous'?

No. But to compare all Muslims to Nazis is absurd.

Not really.  Religions are ideologies.  There is really no difference between wanting to stamp out a dangerous ideology like Naziism and a dangerous ideology like Islam or christianity.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2005, 02:37:18 PM »

Not really.  Religions are ideologies.  There is really no difference between wanting to stamp out a dangerous ideology like Naziism and a dangerous ideology like Islam or christianity.

Your ideas are clearly dangerous, opebo. Therefore I have no choice but to kill you.

They are?  I have no ideas which apply to you, only subjective ones. 
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2005, 05:50:53 PM »

Your ideas are clearly dangerous, opebo. Therefore I have no choice but to kill you.

They are?  I have no ideas which apply to you, only subjective ones. 

I'm religious, so killing you would be merely self-defense for me. Smiley

Yes, naturally you believers in objective morality are motivated to stamp out those outside your cult, whether it is through conversion, exclusion from the levers of power, or in a great many historical cases killing.   
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies