In latest Trump rant, he attacks the Pope on a myriad of things
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:25:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  In latest Trump rant, he attacks the Pope on a myriad of things
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: In latest Trump rant, he attacks the Pope on a myriad of things  (Read 587 times)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2015, 10:17:05 AM »
« edited: September 26, 2015, 10:19:04 AM by LibertarianRepublican »

Over hotel bills, climate, religion, etc.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/donald-trump-pope-twitter/story?id=33978228

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/08/20/1413921/-Trump-Attacks-Pope-Francis-Over-Anti-Capitalsim-say-He-Will-Scare-Pope-with-ISIS

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2015/08/20/donald-trump-i-would-tell-pope-francis-isis-wants-to-get-you/
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 11:18:03 AM »

If a Democrat said similar things they'd be slaughtered by the media for their hatred of religion and right wingers would say they were trying to ban religion.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 11:52:10 AM »

If a Democrat said similar things they'd be slaughtered by the media for their hatred of religion and right wingers would say they were trying to ban religion.

That's only if he dwelt on issues of birth control, abortion, and the Church's official position on homosexuality.

John Podhoretz, the neocon, referred to the Pope as "just another liberal pundit" in the NY Post today.  On the other hand, Bernie Sanders quotes him as if the Pope has endorsed him.

Although I am a Pentecostal and a social conservative, I tend to agree with the Pope on both his positions on Human Life in general, and his positions of the evil of the kinds of concentration of wealth we now have.  Which leads me to believe that when the GOP social conservatives say they're "morally" opposed to abortion, a good many of them are full of crap.  This is evidenced by the little they've done over the years to actually stop abortion, and the fact that their Catholic members just blow the Pope off when he disagrees with the Sheldon Adelson (who is infallible in matters of politics).
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 12:12:33 PM »

"I'd say ISIS wants to get you" “You know that ISIS wants to go in and take over the Vatican? You have heard that. You know, that’s a dream of theirs, to go into Italy.”
Guess who said this:
  • some random poster on AboveTopSecret, GodlikeProductions.com or r/conspiracy
  • Alex Jones/Jesse Ventura
  • A multimillionaire who is the frontrunner in a major party
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »

"I'd say ISIS wants to get you" “You know that ISIS wants to go in and take over the Vatican? You have heard that. You know, that’s a dream of theirs, to go into Italy.”
Guess who said this:
  • some random poster on AboveTopSecret, GodlikeProductions.com or r/conspiracy
  • Alex Jones/Jesse Ventura
  • A multimillionaire who is the frontrunner in a major party

They would very much like to do this.  They are not in position to do this in the next 15 minutes.  But ISIS is Radical Islam that harbors a long-term grudge about their expulsion from much of Europe in the 1400s.  That ISIS may well be destroyed and non-existant in 10 years doesn't mean that they aren't dreaming big right now.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies