Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:51:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: sirnick or FF
SirNick

FF

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Opinion of Adam's descent into insanity and fall from grace?  (Read 3273 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 23, 2015, 01:02:56 PM »

(But hopefully this will contribute towards a quicker death of this failed state)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 01:57:37 PM »

(But hopefully this will contribute towards a quicker death of this failed state)

This is precisely why I'm advocating caution in regard to establishing official relations with the Mock Parliament. They claim peaceful intentions but that doesn't stop their highest ranking officials from coming there just to disrupt the game and create more havoc.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 02:06:16 PM »

This is precisely why I'm advocating caution in regard to establishing official relations with the Mock Parliament. They claim peaceful intentions but that doesn't stop their highest ranking officials from coming there just to disrupt the game and create more havoc.

Bro, I'm the #2 from the 2nd smallest party in Parliament (so yeah I don't have much influence), and a former longtime officeholder in Atlasia.

Why do you want to censor me? Why do you want to throw me into a volcano?
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 02:08:35 PM »

Senator, with all due respect, I am operating within the proper avenues of the law and have made a totally legitimate court case. No one has actually attacked its merits! It is Adam Griffin, by blackmailing the election administrators of this game and making it impossible for them to perform their duties, who has been a wrecker. I have repeatedly pointed out that I am strongly in favor of the survival of a strong Atlasia; both mock parliament and Atlasia will be better off for it!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 02:11:57 PM »

Bro, I'm the #2 from the 2nd smallest party in Parliament (so yeah I don't have much influence), and a former longtime officeholder in Atlasia.

Lol, victim talk.

You're the one who only comes back here to publicly call for a "quicker death of this failed state" and attack people. You got bored with Atlasia and decided to move over to the Mock Parliament, that's fine and I wish you all the luck. But right now you're acting like an ass toward those who decided to keep playing here. We don't come to your board just to troll.

For long time I thought of you as a decent guy, but it appears I was wrong. You don't like this place? Well, you're entitled to, so kindly f**k off.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 02:13:46 PM »

Senator, with all due respect, I am operating within the proper avenues of the law and have made a totally legitimate court case. No one has actually attacked its merits! It is Adam Griffin, by blackmailing the election administrators of this game and making it impossible for them to perform their duties, who has been a wrecker. I have repeatedly pointed out that I am strongly in favor of the survival of a strong Atlasia; both mock parliament and Atlasia will be better off for it!

That's very noble of you, except the timing of this lawsuit is rather suspicious. If you so care about Atlasia, why haven't you brought this up before and waited until Griff is running for President?

That makes very difficult for me to buy your high and mighty talk.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 02:18:16 PM »

Lol, victim talk.

You're the one who only comes back here to publicly call for a "quicker death of this failed state" and attack people. You got bored with Atlasia and decided to move over to the Mock Parliament, that's fine and I wish you all the luck. But right now you're acting like an ass toward those who decided to keep playing here. We don't come to your board just to troll.

For long time I thought of you as a decent guy, but it appears I was wrong. You don't like this place? Well, you're entitled to, so kindly f**k off.

I was purposefully parodying Solarstorm, if that wasn't obvious enough.

Is it being an ass for hoping that a game that you once liked would die a quick and respectful death instead of going down a persistent downward spiral until nothing but Classic Conservative, Leinad, and Adam are left?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 02:20:35 PM »

Oh, and it's not trolling for me (or anyone) to post opinions of current Atlasian events in here.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2015, 02:21:22 PM »

Lol, victim talk.

Is it being an ass for hoping that a game that you once liked would die a quick and respectful death instead of going down a persistent downward spiral until nothing but Classic Conservative, Leinad, and Adam are left?

A lot of people decided to continue playing and it's their right. You, on the other hand, are no better than an immature kid who got bored and decided to ruin the other's fun by breaking up the pieces.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 02:24:16 PM »

That's very noble of you, except the timing of this lawsuit is rather suspicious. If you so care about Atlasia, why haven't you brought this up before and waited until Griff is running for President?

That makes very difficult for me to buy your high and mighty talk.

Senator, I was disconnected from the game for most of the last two months, so I did not what Mr. Griffin had been up to during that time. Only upon my return did I realize what crimes he was guilty of committing during that time. I have long shared a good relationship with Mr. Griffin, so there is no reason to doubt that I am 100% authentic in my wish for the law to be enforced. You have yet to address either the offenses he has been charged with in my lawsuit or his current blackmail which has effectively shut down the game!
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 02:27:40 PM »

Lol, victim talk.

A lot of people decided to continue playing and it's their right. You, on the other hand, are no better than an immature kid who got bored and decided to ruin the other's fun by breaking up the pieces.

Fair game! If the ConCon actually produces results I will be happy to congratulate you all on it's success. It's always been my opinion since the crisis began that a clean reset is the way to go, not "breaking up the pieces."

But yeah, keep calling me names and casting false motives onto me for my opinion regarding the (objectively) failing state called "Atlasia"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 02:30:14 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2015, 02:32:25 PM by General Woundwort »

I do hope your motives are honest, Talleyrand. But, given all that's been going on recently, I'd rather remain cautious.

Fair game! If the ConCon actually produces results I will be happy to congratulate you all on it's success. It's always been my opinion since the crisis began that a clean reset is the way to go, not "breaking up the pieces."

But yeah, keep calling me names and casting false motives onto me for my opinion regarding the (objectively) failing state called "Atlasia"

Then maybe you should wait to see if there are results instead of plainly calling for Atlasia " "quicker death".

Little logic, man. Is this too much to ask?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 02:34:24 PM »

A brief history of the current crisis:

1. Talleyrand, claiming Griffin is not legally RG, sues him for maintaining the Census Bureau.
2. Griffin stops maintaining the Census Bureau.
3. Talleyrand complains that Griffin is no longer maintaining the Census Bureau.

This seems a little contradictory, to say the least.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 02:35:43 PM »

Then maybe you should wait to see if there are results instead of plainly calling for Atlasia " "quicker death".

Little logic, man. Is this too much to ask?

Literally the only reason for a ConCon instead of a clean reset is that a ConCon allows those in power to stay in power. Selfish, if you ask me.

There's a reason interest overall has dropped and turnout in elections is abysmal. There is a small few with vested interests in keeping this going. I want a quicker death to this current failed state, so a new, more fun, game can sprout up in it's place. I, unlike some others, think that there can both be an Atlasia and a Mock Parliament, but I'd like both to be active and interesting. Things could happen between the two!

So this is where I just don't understand yours (and others) positions on all this. You want Atlasia to be stuck in some sort of isolationist rut as well as a domestic one. The selection of delegates has virtually assured that no big changes will occur!

It's time to think outside the box and a clean reset and applying dynamics with the Mock Parliament is the way to go.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2015, 02:38:40 PM »

1. Talleyrand, claiming Griffin is not legally RG, sues him for maintaining the Census Bureau.
3. Talleyrand complains that Griffin is no longer maintaining the Census Bureau.

Senator, that's not what I'm outraged about. He has removed vital information necessary for the office to function. He should not perform the duties of an office he does not hold, but destroying and withholding the only record of voters in this game cripples this game. It is almost akin to SirNick's deletion of massive swathes of government articles after he left office, and is actively malicious behavior!

He should have the left alone so the actual election administrators could view it; now they are totally in the dark. Governor Simfan4, an strong critic of my court case, has pointed this out in a speech he just gave from his office. Mr Griffin is holding the nation hostage to try to detract attention from the crimes at hand here.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2015, 02:39:44 PM »

1. Griffin is banned, is deregistered (as he aknowledges by reregistering later) and loses his position in the government
2. Talleyrand, claiming Griffin is not legally RG, sues him for breaking multiple laws
3. Griffin takes down all Census Bureau documents, claiming he has sole ownership of them, essentially bringing the game to a halt
4. Many people complain that the game has in fact been brought to a halt

Fixed that for you!
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 02:56:42 PM »

Literally the only reason for a ConCon instead of a clean reset is that a ConCon allows those in power to stay in power. Selfish, if you ask me.

There's a reason interest overall has dropped and turnout in elections is abysmal. There is a small few with vested interests in keeping this going. I want a quicker death to this current failed state, so a new, more fun, game can sprout up in it's place. I, unlike some others, think that there can both be an Atlasia and a Mock Parliament, but I'd like both to be active and interesting. Things could happen between the two!

So this is where I just don't understand yours (and others) positions on all this. You want Atlasia to be stuck in some sort of isolationist rut as well as a domestic one. The selection of delegates has virtually assured that no big changes will occur!

It's time to think outside the box and a clean reset and applying dynamics with the Mock Parliament is the way to go.

At long last, the revisionist, counter-factual account of recent Atlasian history we have all been waiting for!

Look, we get it: you're bored with Atlasia and want it to die. Most people, however, do not agree with you, and in the two months since you deregistered we have made real progress toward turning this game around. Now, just when we're on the verge of actually achieving something, the naysayers and the reactionaries have come back in full force and threaten to destroy everything we've built. You already have the Mock Parliament board to remake in your image; I don't see why you feel the need to control the future of Atlasia as well.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 03:05:37 PM »

At long last, the revisionist, counter-factual account of recent Atlasian history we have all been waiting for!

Look, we get it: you're bored with Atlasia and want it to die. Most people, however, do not agree with you, and in the two months since you deregistered we have made real progress toward turning this game around. Now, just when we're on the verge of actually achieving something, the naysayers and the reactionaries have come back in full force and threaten to destroy everything we've built. You already have the Mock Parliament board to remake in your image; I don't see why you feel the need to control the future of Atlasia as well.

If you call the clusterf[inks] and massive decline in activity over the past couple months "rebuilding" then I have no possible way to retort.

I'll just say this: killing Atlasia is not the final word for anyone who has proposed a reset. It is an avenue to rebuild the game that is not the already doomed ConCon (seriously, who came up with the delegate selection system?)

It is those who want to stay in power who propose a ConCon to try to show a veneer of health to this sinking ship. Get a grip and stop misrepresenting my positions ffs.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 03:12:27 PM »

Senator, that's not what I'm outraged about. He has removed vital information necessary for the office to function. He should not perform the duties of an office he does not hold, but destroying and withholding the only record of voters in this game cripples this game. It is almost akin to SirNick's deletion of massive swathes of government articles after he left office, and is actively malicious behavior!

He should have the left alone so the actual election administrators could view it; now they are totally in the dark. Governor Simfan4, an strong critic of my court case, has pointed this out in a speech he just gave from his office. Mr Griffin is holding the nation hostage to try to detract attention from the crimes at hand here.

Talleyrand, I'd like to believe that you're acting our of genuine concern for Atlasia, I really would, but the facts just don't add up. There is no reason that someone who has spent the past two months railing against "Atlasia-style legalism" would attempt to have someone banned from the game on a legal technicality unless their objective was to destroy the game at all costs. You tactics since returning to Atlasia bear an uncanny resemblance to those employed by other opponents of Atlasia: suing leading reform advocated on trumped-up charges, relentlessly attacking the people who are trying to fix the game, resorting to personal attacks rather than calmly making your case (yes, I know Griffin is doing this too, and I certainly don't approve). Viewed in the context of recent events, it all seems highly suspicious. I hope I'm wrong.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2015, 03:17:16 PM »

Senator, I appreciate your concerns and I am certainly willing to assuage them by answering any questions you have. I am quite genuine when I believe Mr Griffin's actions have been destructive for the game, but I would like to separate that from the game at-large. I have even proposed a summit between out two nations in the mock parliament board; I want nothing more than two strong, successful games coexisting with each other. That, more than anything else, I think can enrich a huge (the foreign policy) aspect of both Atlasia and South America.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2015, 03:21:54 PM »

Simply put, I don't buy this newfound concern for our nation that some seem to display, and I'm getting sick of foreign officeholders feeling entitled to jump in, disrupt the game all while calling Atlasia a failed state and beyond and them claim to have the moral high ground as, what? Call me a cynic, but I don't buy it.

Was Griffin wrong in closing the Census Bureau? Yes, it's childlish. But credit where it's due, he is an excellent and dedicated Registrar General, and even if he is taken down from his office as a result of whatever in the name of the gods this situation is I hope he is renominated once again.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2015, 03:34:54 PM »

If you call the clusterf[inks] and massive decline in activity over the past couple months "rebuilding" then I have no possible way to retort.

I'll just say this: killing Atlasia is not the final word for anyone who has proposed a reset. It is an avenue to rebuild the game that is not the already doomed ConCon (seriously, who came up with the delegate selection system?)

It is those who want to stay in power who propose a ConCon to try to show a veneer of health to this sinking ship. Get a grip and stop misrepresenting my positions ffs.

I'm not misrepresenting your positions: you said yourself that you want to bring a quick death to Atlasia. In light of your behavior since returning, I have no doubt that you're sincere.

Ending Atlasia and restarting from scratch might have made sense back in June, when this was the only elections game on the forum, but that is no longer the case. There is now a second, fully functioning game on the Mock Parliament board populated entirely by people who share your opinion of Atlasia. There is no reason for you to continue to try and enact a policy that most Atlasians oppose unless you want to bring down the game simply out of malice towards people like Yankee, Leinad, Griffin, and myself who refused to give up after you threw in the towel.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2015, 04:53:41 PM by Simfan34 »

I would like to reiterate that Türkisblau is not a member of the Government of South America and does not speak for it nor anyone in it.

I would also like to reiterate that, as a member of the Government of South America, I intend to refrain from making any official or unofficial comment, and that any statement I may make in that capacity would reflect my personal views and mine alone.

However, speaking as a long-time Atlasian citizen, and, mind you, the longest-serving incumbent governor in the country, I would like to state that I find Adam's behavior ridiculous, absurd, and self-defeating. Regardless of what one might think of the motivations behind his critics or their attitude, in no way would that, the question of relations with South America, or anything else for that matter, justify his actions. Discussion of such things is thus entirely beside the point.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »

ITT people want to destroy Atlasia because they can't handle that they didn't get what they want. Grow up.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2015, 05:12:31 PM »
« Edited: September 23, 2015, 05:17:56 PM by türkisblau »

It appears that our Honorable Fascists have selective hearing. I support killing the current iteration of Atlasia. No progress or rebuilding has occurred since a reset was proposed.

The current ConCon selection process is undemocratic to say the least, and anything built up "from the ashes" would be better than this disaster in the making. But obviously, the only people who really give a sh[inks] benefit from keeping their power with the ConCon method.

I would like to note that I am about as low as you can get on the totem pole (other than maybe Sanchez) in the Mock Parliament. Why are you all taking me so seriously as a representative of South America?

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies