Walker to drop out
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:20:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Walker to drop out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Walker to drop out  (Read 11304 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2015, 06:08:43 PM »

Is it any coincidence that the two least intelligent candidates are out first?

Does anyone doubt that Perry and Walker were the lowest IQ guys in the race?

Trump has a higher IQ than those two clowns combined.

I would put Trump third from bottom....with his second grade vocabulary.

Trump has a strategic mindset, one far stronger than any of the other Republican Presidential candidates.
*cough*Rubio*cough*

Trump is letting Rube-io think he actually has a chance, before he goes after him and annihilates his campaign.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2015, 06:17:12 PM »

One thing for sure, today is a great day for Walker's spokesperson who will no longer have to issue any more of her "What the governor meant..." statements
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2015, 06:21:59 PM »

Scott Walker carries on the Tommy Thompson legacy of being a embarrassing failure in presidential election primaries.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2015, 06:23:00 PM »

Well that was fast.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2015, 06:26:15 PM »

This makes me so happy, not only because Walker is terrible, but also to spite all the people who thought that Walker would absolutely definitely be the nominee, or that it would be a tight race between Bush and Walker.

Also, here's Nate Silver's analysis, which points out that both Walker and Perry occupied similar positions on the "five ring circus."

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/scott-walker-may-have-been-a-terrible-candidate-or-an-unlucky-one/
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2015, 06:30:22 PM »

Pity it wasn't Trump who was dropping out😊
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2015, 06:31:43 PM »

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #107 on: September 21, 2015, 07:24:00 PM »

I predicted this, everyone laughed, but I was right.
OkThen

Political Matrix
E: -2.32, S: 0.35

« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2015, 07:49:08 PM »

Isn't this "let's unite against Trump" rhetoric the kind of approach that will give Trump a petty reason to run as an Independent if he loses?
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2015, 08:34:09 PM »

Isn't this "let's unite against Trump" rhetoric the kind of approach that will give Trump a petty reason to run as an Independent if he loses?

No, because by the time he loses it'll be too late for him to run as an independent.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2015, 08:37:46 PM »

I suspect that Walker's dropping out in the way he did was a means by which to appear to be a "leader in the party".  By doing the "unselfish" thing for the good of the party, by helping the GOP voters "focus" on the "conservative message", ostensibly for the sake of stopping Trump, Walker becomes the unselfish prince, instead of the selfish snot-nose he is in real life.  He becomes a bit of a party "wise man", and a guy that the nominee will owe, at a minimum, a moral debt.

This "unselfish" act will possibly help Walker remake his image.  He's hated by many, but doing the "unselfish" thing may soften opposition to Walker amongst independents, and that's a good thing for a potential VP.  Shakespeare wrote "She Stoops To Conquer".  This is Scott Walker stooping to conquer what he can at this point in time.
JMT

« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2015, 08:50:37 PM »

I must admit, I was wrong about Walker. Count me as one of the people who thought Scott Walker could unite the Republican party and become the nominee. It became increasingly clear the past few weeks that wouldn't be the case, but massive change from what many thought about him earlier this year. Such a rapid fall is pretty surprising. I think he endorses Rubio from here, and hopes to be selected as the VP nominee. Personally, I'm happy to see Walker out of the race, he was one of my least favorite candidates.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2015, 08:58:10 PM »

Looks like I was really off about Walker's chances...  As for running against Baldwin in 2018, I don't think he'd win... unless Hillary is a very unpopular incumbent.

As for who his support goes too... probably splits between Rubio, Kasich, Bush and Fiorina.
JMT

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2015, 09:01:03 PM »

Looks like I was really off about Walker's chances...  As for running against Baldwin in 2018, I don't think he'd win... unless Hillary is a very unpopular incumbent.

As for who his support goes too... probably splits between Rubio, Kasich, Bush and Fiorina.

I think he would have a hard time beating Baldwin too. Plus, he might as well just run for reelection for Governor, both seats are up in 2018. I think he stands a better chance of winning reelection as Governor than defeating Baldwin for the senate seat.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2015, 09:06:52 PM »

What effect does this have on the Kiddie Table Crowd?

Walker sent a message to the entire GOP.  Trump must be stopped.  To his credit, he walked his talk.  He very well could have opted to lay low and hang out, but he didn't, and while it was probably the wise move, he does get props for unselfishness and leadership (to a point).

In that vein, what does it say that Gilmore, Pataki, Jindal, and Graham still trudge onward?  Jindal wanted to take the battle to Trump and said so in unabashed language, calling Trump a "madman".  Why, then, shouldn't Jindal also drop out and endorse Rubio, or, at least, winnow the field to allow the focus to narrow?  Why are Graham, Pataki, and Gilmore still there?  They all hate Trump; why don't they follow Walker and help take down Trump?  John Kasich, who I like, is simply not catching on; is the risk of a Trump nomination, or even a Cruz nomination, enough to help the party unite around someone more "reasonable"?  Why would Rand Paul allow Trump to rise by hanging in; Trump is the least "libertarian" of all candidates running?  

I would not be surprised if a number of the lesser lights disappear, and disappear quick.  
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2015, 09:15:48 PM »

I agree with Fuzzy Bear.

Walker's numbers may have tanked after the second debate, but I'm still shocked that he dropped out so fast. I think it's clear that he's trying to generate support behind a select few (maybe even one) establishment candidate(s) in order to stop the Trumpster from winning the nom.
Horsemask

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: -4.87

« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2015, 09:18:33 PM »

Maybe he's also trying to set up for a future run, instead of going so deep into debt on a campaign this year that failed to catch on.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2015, 09:25:08 PM »

Damn, just watched his short drop out speech. He just flat out told the public that he believes that the Republican Party needs to do what it takes to take out Trump.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2015, 09:26:48 PM »

Maybe he's also trying to set up for a future run, instead of going so deep into debt on a campaign this year that failed to catch on.

I think that Scott Walker wants to be the VP nominee THIS year.  He's gone from a selfish puke to a "team player" instantly.  That's the kind of stuff a Presidential candidate seeks in a running mate.

I can't think of a single Presidential nominee who dropped out as early as Walker did and be nominated later on.  Not Liddy Dole.  Not Dan Quayle.  Not anyone from 2008.  The GOP is a "next guy up" party until proven otherwise.  Scott Walker won't be the "next guy up" unless he's the VP candidate this year.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2015, 12:10:11 AM »

Is it any coincidence that the two least intelligent candidates are out first?

Does anyone doubt that Perry and Walker were the lowest IQ guys in the race?

Trump has a higher IQ than those two clowns combined.

I would put Trump third from bottom....with his second grade vocabulary.

Trump has a strategic mindset, one far stronger than any of the other Republican Presidential candidates.
*cough*Rubio*cough*

Ah yes, Marco "I voted against the immigration bill with my name on it" Rubio, strategic mastermind.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2015, 12:31:44 AM »

Ah yes, Marco "I voted against the immigration bill with my name on it" Rubio, strategic mastermind.

Your Party's front runner claimed to be under sniper fire in Bosnia.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2015, 01:11:45 AM »

Which is exactly the same thing of course.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2015, 01:48:38 AM »

Your party's frontrunner claims vaccines can cause autism and that the Mexican government is sending rapists and murderers to the US. I could go on.
Donald Trump 2016 !
captainkangaroo

« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2015, 02:30:52 AM »

Your party's frontrunner claims vaccines can cause autism and that the Mexican government is sending rapists and murderers to the US. I could go on.

I don't disagree that Trump is a giant idiot. My point was that snarky remarks about Rubio's strategic mindset over something as trivial as his previous stance on an immigration bill crafted 2 years ago is about as indicative of Hillary's based on her statement about Bosnia sniper fire.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2015, 02:36:09 AM »

Okay, I can't see Walker running for the Senate. He seems like a Governor through and through. If he wasn't such an awful campaigner then he could be a potential VP but he's made so many gaffes that showed he was out of his depth.

There's already revisionism going on after 12 hours-Walker hasn't dropped out to save the Republican Party, he's dropped out because he's useless
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies