Do you feel bad for Hillary?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:48:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Do you feel bad for Hillary?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you?
Yes, I sympathize with her

No, I don't care about her feelings

No, I'm happy she's losing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 80

Author Topic: Do you feel bad for Hillary?  (Read 1735 times)
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2015, 03:45:54 PM »

I know there's already quite a few Hillary polls, and that this one is rather dumb, but I'm genuinely curious as to how people feel. Just a few months ago she was beating all the republicans in the general, and was polling at over 70% in the primary. Now she's getting crushed in the general, and it looks like she may be down to a 50/50 chance of even winning the nomination. Do you sympathize with her or not?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 04:08:06 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2015, 04:10:09 PM by Winter has come »

I'm happy she's losing and I couldn't care less about her feelings.  Much like Andrew Cuomo, Bill and Hillary Clinton are personifications of much of what is wrong with the Democratic party.  Also she is going to be the nominee (sadly).  It's just dropped from 99.99% to 95%.  Of course, if McGovern could beat Muskie, I suppose there's still hope.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 04:17:39 PM »

Hillary Clinton said during the last primary cycle that win or lose that she would be fine, that her concern was about people. She's the only politician I've heard frame an election like that. I don't think she wants anyone to feel bad for her. Elections are not about hurt feelings.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 05:43:50 PM »

Hillary Clinton said during the last primary cycle that win or lose that she would be fine, that her concern was about people. She's the only politician I've heard frame an election like that. I don't think she wants anyone to feel bad for her. Elections are not about hurt feelings.

Just because Hillary said that, does not necessarily mean that she really believes that. I think her faltering would be a huge - and humiliating - disappointment for her.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 06:09:25 PM »

Yes, the media is treating her extremely unfairly. It's always looking to start a controversy, and nobody's better to start attacking than the frontrunner of a major political party's presidential nomination.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 06:12:51 PM »

No. Her problems are her own fault. Same reason I have absolutely no sympathy for say Richard Nixon or Bob McDonnell.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 06:23:31 PM »

No.

She remains a heavy favorite for the nomination, just not as heavy as she once was. So I doubt she even feels sad at this point.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 06:30:17 PM »

Politically, no. Politically, you must be merciless! Tongue

JK, JK....

Regarding the e-mails, the "scandal" is nonsense and should go away. Regarding her troubles with her left flank, that's karma. Nobody is energized by triangulation. Progressive candidates will continue to gain as long as she gives neoconservative foreign policy speeches, continues to be to the right of Andrew Cuomo on a livable wage, and takes centrist or center-right positions on a number of other issues as well.

On a personal level, I do feel bad for her. And Bill for that matter. People are always piling onto the Clintons, and it's just as vicious as ever.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 06:45:24 PM »

I don't care about Hillary's feelings.

I think she'll probably win.

I'll feel sorry for the human race if a Republican wins.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 07:30:30 PM »

I don't 'feel bad' for politicians.
Mehmentum
Icefire9
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 07:48:13 PM »

No. Even if she loses, Clinton's  an incredibly influential person who's made a greater mark on history than 99.99% of people.  Seriously, why would I ever feel sorry for someone for not becoming president?
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 07:51:33 PM »

Of course

Oh don't get me wrong, it's well deserved, and I'm not voting for her unless O'Malley or Chafee end up being the alternatives.

But the fact that it's coming from people gullibly believing and giving weight to fake scandal after fake scandal where no answer to get the truth out is a victory?  There's just something sad about that.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 07:59:30 PM »

Of course

Oh don't get me wrong, it's well deserved, and I'm not voting for her unless O'Malley or Chafee end up being the alternatives.

But the fact that it's coming from people gullibly believing and giving weight to fake scandal after fake scandal where no answer to get the truth out is a victory?  There's just something sad about that.

It's not so much that people actually think Hillary's a criminal - but the fact that Atlas sees scandals very differently than the american people do. The average atlas user doesn't consider a scandal a scandal - at least on the democratic side - until someone is actually thrown in jail. For the american people at large, the simple indictment or serious investigation and the destruction in character that automatically comes with it, is enough to seriously damage trust. It's not partisan - It didn't matter that Christie was innocent with bridgegate, just like it doesn't matter that Clinton is (likely) technically a-ok with her personal email account - It's just a matter of americans rightfully wanting an honest, non-corrupt, professional person as president - and Clinton has self-destroyed whatever part of that image she once held.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 08:40:27 PM »

I voted for option three of course but I wouldn't say that she's "losing" yet, more like "losing it".
Averroës Nix
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 06:21:18 AM »

No, but I don't feel good about it, either. If the general election is close enough for candidate quality to matter much, I don't think that she'll be winning it. And if we're unlucky enough to have a recession within the next year, there's not a plausible Republican nominee who won't crucify her by a Dukakis-esque margin.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2015, 11:33:50 AM »

She's being disproportionately slandered by the media.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2015, 11:35:21 AM »

Nope, I revel in seeing her falter so easily and so early. No one is entitled to the Presidency.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2015, 12:20:45 PM »

No, she can cry all the way to the bank. I'm sick to ing death of the Clintonian victim complex.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2015, 12:26:33 PM »

Hillary didn't ask for this life, it was thrust upon her! Hillary2016EntitlementNow!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies