Asking for peoples support in my seante run!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 04:50:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Asking for peoples support in my seante run!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Asking for peoples support in my seante run!  (Read 1291 times)
MissCatholic

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2005, 11:11:44 AM »

Ok i`m considerring running for the senate. i believe that i can work with both republicans, democrats and third parties on many issues. i will be on the right side of history. i will vote based on common sense. i will represent those people that feel their hav no voice. i will appeal to new voters and i believe that everybody deserves the opportunity to express their talents. we must protect this country against all evils but we must also stand against social injustice.

i am an old democrat that is fighting to keep its party in the centre and appeal to voters in rural areas. Being from south dakota i can represent a different opinion from urban areas.

Lastly i ask for peoples support whether you are a democrat, republican or a third party. I look forward to your replies.

Stay healthy and be safe
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 11:15:30 AM »

Who are you running against, ie which candidates have declared in the Midwest so far?
MissCatholic

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 11:32:09 AM »

Well according to this i`m in district 5.The current senators from District 5 are Hughento (an Independent from Oregon) and Gabu (an Independent from Utah).
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 11:32:40 AM »

Since we have neither Republicans nor Democrats, who are these people you are going to work with?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 11:33:13 AM »

Well according to this i`m in district 5.The current senators from District 5 are Hughento (an Independent from Oregon) and Gabu (an Independent from Utah).

According to what?  Hugh was replaced a while ago.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 11:37:56 AM »

Probably followed an outdated link promising info. Hughento got replaced by DanielX in a special election (sniff). But I think the elections that are up are for regions, not districts, so you're in the wrong district to challenge Daniel.
MissCatholic

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 11:39:06 AM »

give the gurl a break. i`m reading alot of stuff. but i think i have somethig to offer.

so is daniel up for a senate run?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 12:47:52 PM »

But I think the elections that are up are for regions, not districts, so you're in the wrong district to challenge Daniel.

No, DanielX is in Wyoming, which is in the Midwest, which is also where South Dakota is, so she would be up against DanielX.  It's the Pacific Senate seat that currently has no incumbent.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »

Well I'm going to have to go with DanielX. He's been a good Senator so far, he should keep his job. Smiley
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 01:15:18 PM »

I would be happy to support you; however, I couldn't vote for you, as I'm not in the region.  Have you joined any of the Atlasian political parties?  I believe that the Farmer-Labor Party best suits the views of people like yourself.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 01:40:40 PM »

Yes, you're right...Wyoming isn't in the Pacific either...my bad...oops.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 02:54:03 PM »

give the gurl a break. i`m reading alot of stuff. but i think i have somethig to offer.

How can you think you are ready for the Senate if you do not know what the major parties are or who your Senators are. I would suggest you do a substantial reading of the AtlasWiki. That will tell you everything you need to know.

PS You may want to use spell check to help with your grammer and spelling. I'm still trying to figure out what a seante is.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 04:54:26 PM »

It's the Pacific Senate seat that currently has no incumbent.

Only person left to run for office there is JESUS! *dum* *dum* *dum*

jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 04:56:27 PM »

You seem to be a good person but I don't like all of these needless threads.  Some of the ideas you have proposed already have been done.  You might want to spend a little while learning a bit about what's going on here before you make a Senate run.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 12:46:54 AM »

Good luck, but DanielX has my support should he run for reelection.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2005, 12:54:55 AM »

You live in another Region, namely the Pacific, and these elections will be conducted from the Regions. Miss Catholic (and DanielX) are residents of the Midwest.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2005, 03:21:30 AM »

How can you think you are ready for the Senate if you do not know what the major parties are or who your Senators are. I would suggest you do a substantial reading of the AtlasWiki. That will tell you everything you need to know.

PS You may want to use spell check to help with your grammer and spelling. I'm still trying to figure out what a seante is.
Maybe it's Irish for senate. Oh, no, that's Seanad. Damn. Smiley
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2005, 03:45:24 AM »

Yeah, I saw seante, and thought this was Kevin until I realized that most words were spelt correctly.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2005, 11:37:28 PM »

You live in another Region, namely the Pacific, and these elections will be conducted from the Regions. Miss Catholic (and DanielX) are residents of the Midwest.

Oops, my bad.  Thought I was in the midwest.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2005, 11:48:12 PM »

Oops, my bad.  Thought I was in the midwest.

Ok, I'm confused now.  Aren't Senate elections determined by district membership?  According to the map, I'm in district 5 which includes both Wyoming and South Dakota.  Please clarify.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2005, 11:52:11 PM »

Ok, I'm confused now.  Aren't Senate elections determined by district membership?  According to the map, I'm in district 5 which includes both Wyoming and South Dakota.  Please clarify.

According to the new Constitution, half of them are district seats, and half of them are region seats.  The ones up for election in June are the region seats.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2005, 11:53:58 PM »

According to the new Constitution, half of them are district seats, and half of them are region seats.  The ones up for election in June are the region seats.

So I am correct in stating my support for DanielX?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2005, 11:59:01 PM »

Well, you can support DanielX all you want, but you can't vote for him because you're in the Pacific while he's in the Midwest.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2005, 12:01:35 AM »

Well, you can support DanielX all you want, but you can't vote for him because you're in the Pacific while he's in the Midwest.

Oops, misread you.  Guess I'm easily confused tonight.  Who's running in the Pac region?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2005, 12:07:16 AM »

Oops, misread you.  Guess I'm easily confused tonight.  Who's running in the Pac region?

Nobody yet; I'm in the district seat and DanielX is in the Midwest.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies