AZ- MBQF poll (post debate): Trump increase his lead, Walker decline
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:36:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  AZ- MBQF poll (post debate): Trump increase his lead, Walker decline
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: AZ- MBQF poll (post debate): Trump increase his lead, Walker decline  (Read 1197 times)
weixiaobao
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2015, 06:04:08 AM »

Same thing with almost all of the polls, Walker fell drastically post debate.

bizjournals.com/phoenix/blog/business/2015/08/donald-trump-leads-big-in-new-arizona-poll.html

Donald Trump: 28% (26.5)

Ben Carson: 15.20% (8.7)

Carly Fiorina: 10.40% (NA)

Jeb Bush: 9% (12.1)

Ted Cruz: 8.50% (6)

Marco Rubio: 5.70% (3.9)

John Kasich: 4.20% (NA)

Scott Walker: 3.90% (12.6)

Mike Huckabee: 2.40% (3.9)

Rand Paul: 1.40% (1.7)
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 07:26:09 AM »

Pretty much sums up that Walker took a big hit after his mediocre debate performance. He shouldn't be considered a frontrunner anymore.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 10:16:53 AM »

Walker, Huckabee, and Paul are doing terrible! Especially Walker. This guy was a 2nd frontrunner at one point.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 10:23:29 AM »

Walker, Huckabee, and Paul are doing terrible! Especially Walker. This guy was a 2nd frontrunner at one point.

You should know Walker well by being from Wisconsin. As an independent, what do you think of him?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 10:38:01 AM »

You should know Walker well by being from Wisconsin. As an independent, what do you think of him?

I've supported a majority of his actions as Governor and would've voted for him, but the presidential race has proved that in a crowded field where you need as much attention as possible, that he's very vanilla and boring. He sticks to talking points, does whatever he can to get elected (ex: his immigration flop, his all the sudden extreme hawkishness), and had a debate performance that was very unrememberable (made up a word there). People might be seeing through that, and now its cost him a 3-5 point decline in the polls. His proved himself pretty slimy, hence my opinion of him has gone down significantly since the start of his presidential campaign.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 10:54:59 AM »

I've supported a majority of his actions as Governor and would've voted for him, but the presidential race has proved that in a crowded field where you need as much attention as possible, that he's very vanilla and boring. He sticks to talking points, does whatever he can to get elected (ex: his immigration flop, his all the sudden extreme hawkishness), and had a debate performance that was very unrememberable (made up a word there). People might be seeing through that, and now its cost him a 3-5 point decline in the polls. His proved himself pretty slimy, hence my opinion of him has gone down significantly since the start of his presidential campaign.

Obviously being a very liberal Wisconsinite, I do not like him. Yet being as objective as possible,  I agree with the bolded part 100%. I've really been shocked just how out of his element he's been. I also think his run for President, if he doesn't win obviously, could really hamper him if he chooses to run for reelection again in 2018. 
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 10:59:00 AM »

Walker is eligible for re-election? Wow, didn't know that.

Wisconsin doesn't have term limits. We've had a total of 4 Governors since 1987 and one of those only served for 2 years.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 10:59:23 AM »

Walker is eligible for re-election? Wow, didn't know that.

Tommy Thompson was elected governor four times, so yeah, no issue with term limits in Wisconsin.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 11:14:54 AM »

Decimals!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length