Supersoulty Speech in St. Louis (The Presidency Speech)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:06:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Supersoulty Speech in St. Louis (The Presidency Speech)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Supersoulty Speech in St. Louis (The Presidency Speech)  (Read 421 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 09, 2005, 02:32:30 AM »
« edited: May 09, 2005, 10:29:02 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

(Stage set with red, white and blue bunting and Freedom Party symbol on podium)

*"Breaking the Habit," by Linkin Park plays as I climb stairs and cross stage.  I bend down to shake hands with some of the crowd as they cheer*

Good Morning, St. Louis.

(cheers)

Thank you.  Thank you.

That was "Breaking the Habit," by Linkin Park.

(some in the crowd cheer, others look a bit confused)

It's not a typical campaign theme song, but I chose that song because it goes along very well with the theme of what I have to say today.

When we first established the government of this great nation, we did so with the intent of creating a strong presidency.  It is fundamental to the health and well-being of this nation that we have a president who is both a head of government and a head of state.

That is not what I see when I look at Atlasia today.  Thanks, in part to a series of highly unfortunate events, and thank also, in part, to the tragic flaws of many of the men who have aspired to our nations highest office, the presidency of Atlasia has been reduced to a kind of sad joke.  It is a joke that no one seems to get and it becomes less funny with each passing year.

So there is no misunderstanding, all of the men who have served in the Oval Office are honorable men and they have all done so with the best of intentions.  However, they all lacked something key that makes for an effective President.  They either lacked the ability to set an agenda, or were too exclusive in their attempts to see their agenda fulfilled.  They were either too humble, or too boastful.  Too combative, or too quick to loose heart.  Too locked into a Nyman mindset or too inexperienced.  Too eager or too unwilling.

The Presidency can be powerful and effective tool, in the hands of a willing and able administration.  The President has an incredible ability to set a broad agenda for the people of Atlasia.  Any President who can work with congress can do amazing things for things for this country. 

As the Head of Government, it is the President’s job to be an effective steward of the nations domestic politics and to fashion a vision of Atlasia’s future that will lead to hope and prosperity for her people.  It is so unique from the other high positions in the nation.  While the President must preserve the Constitution of Atlasia and must take strong stances on the issues, he must avoid become too judicious, as any good President must be perceptive to the needs of the people.  At the same time, while a President must work with others to come up with solutions to the nations problems, he must avoid becoming another congressman, because, at the end of the day, he must be able to take a stand that will remain independent of that body, without being distant or out of touch from them.

As the Head of State, the President of Atlasia has an ability, like no other world leader, to work with other world leaders to secure peace, to make treaties and to assure security for Atlasia and our allies.  In times like these, I find it wholly troubling that we have not utilized this power more than we have.  I see an incredible opportunity slipping through our fingers.

I promise all of you, and all of the nation that if elected, I will be a strong president.

(cheer)

I will be an agenda setter.  I will not act above petty partisan politics.  I will work with leaders from all parties to create an agenda of the people, by the people and for the people of Atlasia.

(cheer)

If I am elected, the Presidency will mean something again.  I will not pass like a thief in the night.

(cheer)

I will make it very clear, here and now.  If elected, I will be an active commander-and-chief.  I will not fade away or leave the people with a man that they did not elect.  I will not be timid.  I will be proactive, not reactive.  I will run an effective administration.  I will not give away our nations cabinet possitions as though the were government candy.

(cheer)

If the people so chose, I am prepared to say that I will not just take this job for something to pass the time between one elected office and another.  I will serve as many terms as the people of Atlasia will allow.

(loud cheers)

If elected, I will break the habit, I will end this long national nightmare, and I will raise the status for the Presidency so high, that no one will ever think of running again, unless they mean to be a true leader, a true executive and a true Commander-and-Chief.

Thank you.  God Bless you all.  God Bless our nation.

(loud cheers)

*”Breaking the Habit” plays again as I leave the stage to shake hands*
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 04:12:18 AM »

Good speech.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 07:15:33 AM »

Good speech, you still have my first preference vote!
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 02:51:12 PM »

Very nice speech Mr. Soult.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp