NH-WMUR: Clinton close to GOP except against Trump (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:33:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  NH-WMUR: Clinton close to GOP except against Trump (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-WMUR: Clinton close to GOP except against Trump  (Read 7126 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 05, 2015, 06:55:35 PM »

Lots of odd polling in New Hampshire. It'll definitely be competitive, but again with the logic of this forum...

Slightly bad result for Clinton = SHE'S DONE FOR!!!! The sample is too Republican!
Very good results for Clinton = She's only up by n points? Republicans can totally catch up to her/name recognition/etc! WOW! I GUESS THE STATE IS NOW SOLID BLUE!

FTFY Smiley

Anyway, NH's early flirtations with the GOP are nothing unusual. I'd be surprised if the Republican candidate carries it since it's become more and more of a blue state in the last decade. That poll is probably good news for Ayotte, though.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 07:52:25 PM »

Anyway, I still don't get why you're so convinced that NH is going Democratic. Its "Democratic lean" in presidential elections has been basically the same in the past three elections, about 2 points or so. (In fact, I think it trended slightly Republican in 2012.)

Because it's a liberal state in the most liberal part of the country, surrounded by the bluest of states. It was the most Democratic "swing state" in 2012, even more Democratic than PA (not counting WI as a swing state). Candidates like Walker and Bush strike me as being too conservative to win it. Calling it "Tilt D" seems to be fair, but it's far from being a Toss-up. Still winnable for the GOP, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies