Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:29:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 51
Author Topic: Fear and Loathing in 72’ – The Election Game (GM Vacancy)  (Read 109224 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #500 on: September 18, 2015, 10:23:51 PM »

You have until Sunday night, last possible date.

If I can I'll take on George Wallace, is he only for the general election, or can he also enter the primaries?

Both, actually. You can enter the primaries (these are open until April ends) if you wish, just like you can enter the general election too. If you enter the GE, it will be Wallace reentering after suspending his campaign, which means he won't be as initially strong as he was before withdrawing.

But there's plenty of time to win back that support and go even further!

*Don't join the GOP primary*

*Join the Democratic primary*

No, join the general election. The South must be represented no matter what!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #501 on: September 18, 2015, 10:28:55 PM »

You have until Sunday night, last possible date.

If I can I'll take on George Wallace, is he only for the general election, or can he also enter the primaries?

Both, actually. You can enter the primaries (these are open until April ends) if you wish, just like you can enter the general election too. If you enter the GE, it will be Wallace reentering after suspending his campaign, which means he won't be as initially strong as he was before withdrawing.

But there's plenty of time to win back that support and go even further!

*Don't join the GOP primary*

*Join the Democratic primary*

No, join the general election. The South must be represented no matter what!

No, join the Democratic primary. Cheesy
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #502 on: September 18, 2015, 10:42:55 PM »

For the record, Wallace can't run as a Republican, it has to be Democratic or American Independent Party.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #503 on: September 18, 2015, 10:45:03 PM »

For the record, Wallace can't run as a Republican, it has to be Democratic or American Independent Party.

(hint: Democratic)
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #504 on: September 18, 2015, 10:45:14 PM »

Run as a Dem. Please!
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #505 on: September 18, 2015, 10:45:19 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2015, 10:47:03 PM by Intell »

I'll go into the democratic primaries, and if I dont win, I'll enter the GE, is that possible.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #506 on: September 18, 2015, 10:46:09 PM »

I'll go into the democratic primaries, and if I dont win, I'll enter the GE. Announcement probably gonna be up in 1 or 2 days.
Well Sh**t. My reverse psychology didn't work.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #507 on: September 18, 2015, 10:46:42 PM »

I'll go into the democratic primaries, and if I dont win, I'll enter the GE, is that possible.

VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #508 on: September 18, 2015, 10:49:56 PM »

Well, things just got a lot more complicated for Fred Harris...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #509 on: September 19, 2015, 12:23:48 AM »

Welcome to the game, Intell!

I'll need an announcement speech from you, and then you can being posting a schedule. You have entered right in time to file in for a series of primaries in May, so I encourage you not to forget entering those. Caucuses are also open to you, but remember that you won't be able to participate in the Massachusetts and Pennsylvania Primaries next turn due to your late entrance.

Do let me know if there are any doubts, and best of luck!
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #510 on: September 19, 2015, 04:52:09 PM »

Fred Harris Endorsements

Virginia Lt. Governor Henry Howell

"Virginians should put their support behind the only true populist in the race, Fred Harris. To heck with Yorty's right wing demagoguery, Harris is getting my vote and he deserves yours too."
Activities: Howell will be coordinating GOTV efforts across Virginia

Miners for Democracy (Chip Yablonski)

"As a coal miner, I know Fred Harris cares. He cares about those of us fighting the coal companies tooth and nail for proper benefits. He cares about the miners who are ruthlessly killed either by the companies or by corruption, like my father. He cares about the rank and file union member, and I know he's the right choice for president."
Activities: Chip Yablonski will be doing GOTV with miners in SW Virginia and organizing for Harris in Pennsylvania mines

Rep. Patsy Mink

"I'm asking my fellow Hawaiians to join me in supporting Senator Fred Harris for president! He's been a consistent champion for the rights of all Americans, especially women."
Activities: Patsy Mink is the coordinator for Fred Harris Hawaii GOTV efforts.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #511 on: September 19, 2015, 05:06:56 PM »
« Edited: September 29, 2015, 09:30:26 PM by VPH »

Past Endorsers
LaDonna Harris (wife)Sad Fred Harris' wife will be barnstorming Native American Communities in Montana, Idaho, and Alaska.
Robert Kastenmeier: Rep. Kastenmeier will attend to congressional duties.
Bill Clay: Rep. Clay will attend to congressional duties and also help with GOTV in Wyandotte County, KS.
Frank Morrison: Morrison will do GOTV in Kansas week 1 and conduct GOTV activities in Montana and Wyoming week 2.
Jay Rockefeller: Rockefeller will do a speaking tour of Southern Virginia and help with GOTV, week 2 he'll be organizing in West Virginia and doing his SoS duties.
Dave Obey: Rep. Obey will attend to congressional duties and do some fundraising.
Ross Bass: Ross Bass will be barnstorming and organizing volunteers in Southern Ohio and Southern Indiana
Ernest Gruening: Gruening will be in charge of Alaska GOTV efforts and will be conducting activities from a temporary Acnhorage office.
Claude Pepper: Pepper will attend congressional duties for a few days and then talk to Yorty supporters in Virginia and convince them to vote Harris. Then, he will be in North Carolina and Mississippi doing the same thing.
Jesse Jackson: As Black Outreach Coordinator, Rev. Jackson will split these two weeks between turning out Black voters in Virginia, and then organizing Black voters in Philadelphia, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Columbus.
Henry Maier: He will do some light fundraising but otherwise just do mayoral stuff.
Mike Monroney: Monroney will barnstorm Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana week 1 and then work on GOTV in Montana and Idaho week 2.
Bill Roy: Rep. Roy will spend week 1 helping with GOTV in his Kansas district. Week 2 he will spend a few days on congressional duty and 2 days in Alaska talking to voters.
J. William Fulbright: Fulbright will work on GOTV efforts in Virginina week 1 and then organize in Tennessee and North Carolina.
Phillip Berrigan: Fr. Berrigan will help GOTV at KU, Virginia Tech, and Virginia University week 1. Week two he will be organizing 'Students for Harris' groups at Harvard, UVermont, Northeastern, Boston University, and Boston College.
Jennings Randolph: Randolph will do senatorial duties week 1. Week 2 he will be in Ohio and the Allegheny region of Pennsylvania barnstorming and fundraising.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #512 on: September 19, 2015, 09:09:44 PM »

Will be posting late tomorrow, sorry yall!
Intell
Junior Chimp
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -1.24

« Reply #513 on: September 20, 2015, 01:46:05 AM »

Relaunch of George Wallace Campaign in Birmingham, Alabama

I am going to reenter, the presidential election, in the democratic party to return honesty, integrity back to the government. I stand for state's right, a principle in what the nation was formed on, the nation of protecting worker and agrarian and farmers interests. We are seeing a blanket increase in crime, unemployment and compressing of wages, is the inability of the Nixon government to provide services and help to hard-working Americans, as well as a result of forced integration.

The democratic party, and it's leadership aren't much better, they are committed to forced busing, the centralization of powers to the tyranny of the federal government, destroying American and southern values through forces desegregation and integration. I will fight for all of you, as a populist, to protect the values of traditional America, protecting the worker and the laborer from the dangers that integration has on their worker, wages and business. I am dedicated caring and working for the fellow man, through social programs, the war on poverty, and resisting the tyranny of the federal government in infringing the right of the sight in protecting it's Anglo-saxon, christian values.

If you want a true populist, that will work for you against the tyranny of the federal government, and the lies put forth by the Nixon government, and put a traditional, true democrat, protecting social programs, vote for Wallace!.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #514 on: September 20, 2015, 01:26:39 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - April 5 to April 17, 1972

April 5, 1972:

- President Nixon flies to Great Falls, Montana.

- President Nixon spends the morning attending a variety of campaign events in Great Falls, speaking at two rallies and meeting with residents of the city at restaurants, parks, and bars.

- President Nixon attends a brunch at the town hall in Great Falls, Montana, where he discusses in front of a large audience how his energy and agriculture policies have helped and will continue to help the people of their state.

- President Nixon spends the afternoon in Missoula, Montana, where he gives attends rallies in support of his record as President and meets with voters throughout the city.

- President Nixon delivers a speech at a convention center in Missoula, Montana.

April 6, 1972:

- President Nixon drives to Bozeman, Montana, where he addresses a large crowd regarding how economic initiatives that will occur during a second Nixon Administration will help the people of Montana succeed financially.

- President Nixon spends his lunch meeting with supporters at a restaurant in Bozeman. He shakes hands, kisses babies, kisses hands, and shakes babies.

- President Nixon travels to Billings, Montana, where he meets with former Governor Tim Babcock, who has decided to campaign alongside the President. The two spend the afternoon travelling throughout Billings together, attending a variety of events and addressing supporters.

- President Nixon is officially endorsed by former Governor Tim Babcock at a speech in Billings.

April 7, 1972:

- President Nixon travels to Nampa, Idaho, where he meets with incumbent US Representative and current Senate candidate Jim McClure. McClure, who has decided to endorse Nixon, spends the morning campaigning with the President throughout the city.

- President Nixon and Representative McClure hold a rally together in Nampa's Town Hall, where the Representative officially endorses the President.

- Nixon and McClure travel to Idaho Falls, where they deliver a few keynote speeches to large crowds. The largest of these occurs at twilight, where McClure discusses Nixon's record as President.

April 8, 1972:

- Nixon travels to Cheyenne, Wyoming, where he meets with Senator Clifford Hansen. The two hold a private meeting in which Hansen decides to endorse Nixon, followed by joint speech made by Nixon and Hansen in which the endorsement is announced.

- Nixon and Hansen engage in day of heavy campaigning, with Hansen attending a variety of rallies on one side of Wyoming's capital city and Nixon attending a host of rallies on the other.

- The two campaigners meet up for another joint speech by dinner time, with Nixon making a particularly powerful point regarding foreign policy.

April 9, 1972:

- President Nixon travels to Provo, Utah, where he meets with Senator Wallace Bennett. Bennett makes a passionate speech in favor of Nixon's reelection, followed by a morning of rallies in the city that produce record crowd sizes.

- President Nixon eats lunch with Bennett at a popular restaurant in Utah, after which he spends the afternoon preparing for a widely-attended speech in the City Square.

- President Nixon makes his speech with Bennett by his side, highlighting Nixon's record as President and how he will be the best choice for Utah in 1972.

April 10, 1972:

- President Nixon and Bennett travel to West Jordan, Utah. There, they meet up with former Governor  J. Bracken Lee, who has already endorsed Nixon. The three politicians spend the morning roaming throughout the streets of West Jordan, shaking as many hands as they can and pitching the incumbent President's candidacy to the people of the city.

- Lee and Bennett hold a rally for Nixon in West Jordan, while the President prepares for his speech that will occur in the evening.

- President Nixon makes his second keynote speech in two days, highlighting his policy proposals for a second term and defending his record.

April 11, 1972:

- President Nixon travels to West Valley City, Utah, along with his two endorsers from the Beehive State.

- Throughout the morning and into the afternoon, the three Republicans experience a hectic day of campaigning, with Nixon, Bennett, and Lee all attending rallies together and separately throughout the city.

- In the evening, Nixon delivers his third keynote address in Utah for the week, talking about his foreign policy plans as President and indicating that he is the best candidate for the job in order to deal with the Soviet Union and China.

April 12, 1972:

- Nixon travels back up to Idaho, where he spends the day talking with supporters from around the city of Boise and delivering a variety of addresses. He also meets back up with Jim McClure, who helps him campaign and sell his reelection pitch throughout the afternoon.

- Nixon's highlight of the day is a speech he makes in the Boise City Square, where he talks about social policy/race relations and what he will do as President to make the nation better in these regards.

April 13, 1972:

- Nixon wraps up his time in Idaho in Meridian, where he spends the morning attending a few rallies around the city.

- Before traveling to Wyoming again, Nixon spends his lunch at a popular bar in Meridian, where he meets with voters and tells them his views for the nation.

- Nixon travels back to Wyoming, where he spends the afternoon in Laramie, meeting voters and delivering a few well-attended speeches around the city.

- By far the most notable event of the day is Nixon's speech at the Laramie Town Hall, where he makes a powerful plea to voters to reelect the best man in the race.

April 14, 1972:

- Nixon spends the day campaigning in Wyoming, where he brunches with supporters in Gillette and attends a few popular rallies.

- Nixon eats lunch with a large group of supporters at the weekly meeting  of the Gillette Republican Voters' Club. After lunch, he makes a speech in front of the club, earning roaring cheers and ear-splitting applause.

- Nixon spends the afternoon in Casper, Wyoming, where he attends a variety of campaign events and meets with one of his endorsers, Senator Clifford Hansen. Hansen and Nixon do some heavy campaigning, wrapped up by a speech at the Casper Mall in which Nixon and Hansen convince voters that the President is the best man for the job.

April 15, 1972:

- Nixon flies to Washington, D.C. in order to attend to his duties as President. In order to make sure that he wins Utah, he asks Senator Wallace Bennett to campaign for him throughout the day.

- Bennett spends the day campaigning heavily for his friend, the President. He travels around the state, meeting with voters and convincing them that Nixon is, in fact, the most experienced, able, honest, and trustworthy candidate in the running.

- In the evening, Bennett delivers a keynote speech in favor of Nixon's renomination in a rural town in western Utah. However, the speech is attended by thousands and thousands of supporters from around the state, all of whom want to listen to what Bennett has to say.

April 16, 1972:

- As Nixon continues to attend to his duties in D.C., it is up to J. Bracken Lee to get his message out in Utah.

- Lee spends the day in Salt Lake City (in which he was previously a popular mayor) and convinces the people of his city that Nixon is the only candidate qualified for the job. He attends a variety of rallies, speeches, and other campaign events throughout the day, in which he tells the people of Salt Lake that only Nixon knows how to lead the nation.

- Lee spends his evening preparing for a well-attended speech in the middle of Salt Lake City, in which the people of his hometown are convinced that Nixon's economic policy, social policy, and foreign policy are the best for their state.

April 17, 1972:

- Nixon travels back to Utah to engage in some last-minute campaigning. He, Lee, and Bennett storm throughout Salt Lake City, each going their separate ways to deliver a variety of messages in favor of the President's reelection.

- Nixon hosts a brunch at the town hall of Salt Lake City, in which he addresses a crowd of thousands and thousands regarding how the President represents the values, traditions, and people of Utah.

- Nixon, his wife, and his endorsers watch as the results for the caucuses come in.

UP NEXT: A Collection of Nixon's Campaign Speeches
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #515 on: September 20, 2015, 01:36:26 PM »

Posting in a bit.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #516 on: September 20, 2015, 02:27:47 PM »

J. Bracken Lee already endorsed Schmitz a few rounds ago, sorry
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #517 on: September 20, 2015, 02:35:52 PM »

J. Bracken Lee already endorsed Schmitz a few rounds ago, sorry

He has already endorsed me as well. I guess he endorsed each of us for our respective primaries?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #518 on: September 20, 2015, 03:17:24 PM »

To clarify, Lumine has once more stated that Lee has, in fact, endorsed Nixon.

Sorry for the confusion!
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #519 on: September 20, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2015, 05:44:12 PM by VPH »

Fred Harris: The Real Populist Part 1
April 5
Fred Harris files for the Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Nebraska, West Virginia and North Carolina primaries.
GOTV w/Jesse Jackson: Kansas City, KS
Fundraising luncheon and speech with the Johnson County Democrats: Overland Park, KS
GOTV: Pittsburgh, KS
Speech about Vietnam: Parsons, KS

"We need to send a message to the demagogues trying to invade our party. Sam Yorty isn't a real Democrat, and I know Kansas Democrats will not fall for his slimy tricks. Vote for a positive future. Vote for a candidate with hope. We won't win by running a candidate who voted for Nixon in 1960 and has a record as mayor of letting crime increase on his watch and continuing the subjugation of certain communities. I know as an Oklahoman that we share a lot of the same Midwestern values, so I believe we should send Midwestern values to the Oval Office."

April 6
GOTV/Town Hall: Wichita, KS
GOTV w/Fr. Berrigan: Manhattan, KS
GOTV w/Bill Roy and speech about jobs: Topeka, KS
Rally about Vietnam w/Fr. Berrigan at KU: Lawrence, KS
Flight to Richmond, VA

April 7
GOTV w/Jay Rockefeller: Richmond, VA
GOTV w/Henry Howell and Jay Rockefeller: Lynchburg, VA
GOTV w/Chip Yablonski: Roanoke, VA
GOTV w/Chip Yablonski and rally about union rights with coal miners: Blacksburg, VA

"Where are the so-called 'populists'? They sure as hell aren't out there talking to coal miners and vouching for their safety and rights. I'm the only candidate thus far to visit striking miners in a show of solidarity. Down with the scabs! Vote for a real populist like me!"

April 8
GOTV: Charlottesville, VA
GOTV and fundraising luncheon: Alexandria, VA
Town Hall/Rally about inflation: Arlington, VA
Town Hall w/Henry Howell: Falls Church, VA

April 9
GOTV/Fundraising: Newport News, VA
Talking to shipworkers/GOTV: Norfolk, VA
Rally downtown about the economy: Portsmouth, VA
GOTV: Virginia Beach, VA

"America needs jobs. Good-paying union jobs will maintain our status as the world's strongest economy."

April 10
Speaking to Vietnam Vets/Town Hall: Petersburg, VA
GOTV: Danville, VA
Flight to Hawaii

April 11
GOTV w/Patsy Mink: Honolulu, HI
Rally about Vietnam: Honolulu, HI
Visiting the Pearl Harbor Memorial: Honolulu, HI
Watch party w/Patsy Mink and volunteers: Honolulu, HI

"I remember the day Pearl Harbor happened. I was struck by an immense sadness and fear, but our adept president FDR handled the situation in a fashion that alleviated my fears. FDR was truly a great president and I seek to continue his legacy."

April 12
Flight to Salt Lake City, UT
GOTV: Rock Springs, WY
GOTV: Laramie, WY
GOTV: Cheyenne, WY
Rally about ag policy: Casper, WY

April 13
GOTV and rally w/miners: Butte, MT
GOTV: Helena, MT
Rally about Vietnam/GOTV: Missoula, MT
Press conference in front of Flathead Lake: Rollins, MT

"Some candidates want to escalate the war. Some want withdrawal immediately and leaving POW's behind. I support and will pursue a swift withdrawal that protects and return POW's safely and helps vets in their reintegration into everyday life."

April 14
Flight to Pittsburgh, PA
Opening Pennsylvania HQ Downtown: Pittsburgh, PA
Meeting voters: Pittsburgh, PA
Fundraising dinner w/Jennings Randolph: Pittsburgh, PA
Town Hall: Erie, PA

"Today, we're kicking off an intensive effort to win Pennsylvania. We'll be criss-crossing the state and mobilizing the army of volunteers we've built in order to win this state! I trust that the good folks of Pittsburgh will support me!"

April 15
Barnstorming: Wilkes-Barre, PA
Fundraising/Meeting Voters: Scranton, PA
Speaking with factory workers: Allentown, PA
Town Hall: Bethlehem, PA

April 16
Talking to voters w/Jesse Jackson: Philadelphia, PA
Meeting ethnic factory workers: Philadelphia, PA
Fundraising followed by a press conference: Philadelphia, PA

REPORTER: "What's your strategy in regards to tomorrow's primaries?"
HARRIS: "It was very tough for me to spend a lot of time out west, but I know people are getting the message because our support continues to rise. My endorsers and wife have done a fantastic job of spreading the word. We're hoping for the best."

April 17
Flight to Burlington, VT
Rally about Vietnam on Church Street: Burlington, VT
Meeting voters: Montpelier, VT
Results watch party with supporters: Pittsfield, MA
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #520 on: September 20, 2015, 06:39:55 PM »

The Nixon Campaign - April 5 to April 17, 1972

Richard Nixon files for the Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, Nebraska, West Virginia and North Carolina primaries, as well as all other upcoming primaries that he is currently able to file for.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #521 on: September 20, 2015, 07:09:27 PM »

Fred Harris GOTV Strategy
Kansas
-Turn out union workers in Wichita, SE Kansas, and the KCK area
-Target farmers via surrogates
-Dampen enthusiasm for Yorty by emphasizing LA's failures under his watch
-Turn out students at K State, WSU, and KU
-Lock up Southeast Kansas and Kansas along the Oklahoma border

Virginia
-Target Muskie supporters by talking about Harris' consistency
-Target McGovern supporters by discussing Harris' military service and unique views on the war
-Turn out SW Virginia blue-collar voters
-Dampen enthusiasm for Yorty by emphasizing LA's failures under his watch
-Turn out veterans w/GI Bill plans
-Get college kids to the polls through Students for Harris groups
-Send out an anti-Yorty mailer
-Raise money aggressively

Alaska
-Turn out the Native American population
-Use Ernest Gruening to get support
-Get decent margins in Anchorage and Juneau
-Reach out to Gravel supporters

Hawaii
-Focus on Honolulu
-Work with Patsy Mink
-Get the anti-Vietnam vote locked up
-Attract McGovern supporters by talking about where Harris' platform outshines McGovern's

Idaho
-Target miners
-Turn out Native Americans
-Don't spend much money here

Montana
-Turn out Native Americans
-Get the miner vote
-Get 20% in progressive bastions like Missoula and Butte
-Again, don't spend much here

Wyoming
-Focus on rural turnout
-Talk about agricultural policy and making the government more efficient
-Talk about infrastructure plans
-Attract McGovern supporters by talking about where Harris' platform outshines McGovern's
-Shoot for 15% and some delegates

Utah
-Don't spend a lot here
-Push 10% in Salt Lake City
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #522 on: September 20, 2015, 08:18:07 PM »

About three hours left, but I suspect I'll have to grant an extension the way things are going.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #523 on: September 20, 2015, 08:21:42 PM »

About three hours left, but I suspect I'll have to grant an extension the way things are going.

That would be so, so kind.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #524 on: September 20, 2015, 08:26:27 PM »

If you can that would be so Amazing! I am really tired tonight, I will have it up and prepped for you tomorrow Cheesy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies