2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:24:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 56700 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: September 06, 2015, 01:55:10 PM »

CONFIRMATION FROM HQ: COLEMAN & WHITMAN TO CHAIR "REPUBLICANS FOR BIDEN"
After specukation including Aaron Schock, Fiorello LoBiondo, Tim Pawlenty, and Michael Powell, Norm Coleman and Christine Whitman appesr to be the last two being vetted for the official "Republicans For Biden" campaign group's co-chairs. An official endorsement and gathering may take until just before our South Carolina primary to give us a last minute boost there.

- Memo from Peter Zuckerman, Campaign Media Director for the West Coast, to Steve Riccheti, January 11, 2016
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #276 on: September 06, 2015, 02:00:10 PM »

CONFIRMATION FROM HQ: COLEMAN & WHITMAN TO CHAIR "REPUBLICANS FOR BIDEN"
After specukation including Aaron Schock, Fiorello LoBiondo, Tim Pawlenty, and Michael Powell, Norm Coleman and Christine Whitman appesr to be the last two being vetted for the official "Republicans For Biden" campaign group's co-chairs. An official endorsement and gathering may take until just before our South Carolina primary to give us a last minute boost there.

- Memo from Peter Zuckerman, Campaign Media Director for the West Coast, to Steve Riccheti, January 11, 2016
Did Dar approve those endorsements?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2015, 02:10:24 PM »

For some reason I don't think publicly outing them for considering to endorse Biden will help.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #278 on: September 06, 2015, 02:16:04 PM »

Statement from Ehrlich Campaign

Our campaign is glad to hear that Governor Terry Branstad will be attending the Bob Ehrlich's Des Moines town-hall on January 9. We look forward to have a positive and constructive exchange of views about what's right for Iowa and for the nation.

Governor Ehrlich is also glad to hear that Senator Cruz made the pledge to support the eventual nominee of the Republican Party and to not run an independent presidential campaign.
Our campaign is confident that fellow Republicans will nominate a candidate of conservative principles capable to win the general election.
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2015, 03:58:29 PM »

I'll have my schedule and 2015 summary up shortly.

Don't worry, Paul is not dead!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2015, 04:01:51 PM »
« Edited: September 06, 2015, 04:08:57 PM by Classic Conservative »

After talking to Dar I have decided to come back in, Governor Branstad got cured in October and his endorsements are staying with him. I'm really sorry for all those who have asked for my endorsement but this is for certain. Terry Branstad is once again running for President.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #281 on: September 06, 2015, 04:02:42 PM »

After talking to Dar I have decided to come back in, Governor Branstad never got sick and his endorsements are staying with him. I'm really sorry for all those who have asked for my endorsement but this is for certain. Terry Branstad is once again running for President.
Welcome back Governor.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #282 on: September 06, 2015, 04:03:42 PM »

After talking to Dar I have decided to come back in, Governor Branstad never got sick and his endorsements are staying with him. I'm really sorry for all those who have asked for my endorsement but this is for certain. Terry Branstad is once again running for President.
Yay for miraculous cures!
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #283 on: September 06, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2015, 05:36:12 PM »

Anyone seen Potus recently?
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #285 on: September 06, 2015, 05:37:01 PM »

Sadly no. It's a shame since it seems that the Dem field is so damn dry all of a sudden.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #286 on: September 06, 2015, 05:39:23 PM »

Sadly no. It's a shame since it seems that the Dem field is so damn dry all of a sudden.

Yeah; we only have Biden, Warren, and Gillibrand left, I guess, unless Potus is still active. Clinton and Locke are out, so that's a shame...

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #287 on: September 06, 2015, 05:41:08 PM »

I'll try to start Round 4 as soon as Leinad/Potus post and I'm able to clear up the reentrance situation.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, everyone! Cheesy I really appreciate it!
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #288 on: September 06, 2015, 05:52:50 PM »

I really hate to do this but can I have an extension until tomorrow afternoon.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #289 on: September 06, 2015, 06:07:45 PM »

I really hate to do this but can I have an extension until tomorrow afternoon.

Seeing as we're still waiting on Leinad and Potus, this is fine with me! Smiley
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #290 on: September 06, 2015, 08:15:39 PM »
« Edited: September 08, 2015, 04:32:17 PM by CapoteMonster »

July- August

John Kasich continued his main campaign strategy of meeting the national press, putting a plurality of the eggs from his basket into New Hampshire while stressing his experience and success. However, with the sudden exit of Jeb Bush and Marco Rubio he saw a new opportunity arise in Florida. Kasich knew South Carolina was a long shot for him, plus he had the advantage of marketing his foreign policy experience to the influential Jewish and establishment Republican donors. John set up campaign headquarters in Miami, Palm Peach, Orlando, and Tampa Bay in attempt to fortify his standings.

September-October

With New Hampshire looking to be a dogfight Kasich started to shift more resources to Iowa knowing how crucial a good performance would be to beating Elrich. John compensated by planning to put 25 million dollars in TV ads into New Hampshire and another 5 million each into Florida and Nevada over the next 5 months, using the establishment donors who were previously backing Bush and Rubio. He also tried to woo social conservatives who would be  further injecting religious language into speeches while going further to the right than planned on drugs, guns, and abortion. Kasich knew he had an opening with voters should be key to many southern and Midwestern primaries. The campaign also recognized they'd need a broader coalition thanks too Elrich's strong performance with Moderate and establishment voters.

November-December

While Kasich took a break for Thanksgiving and Christmas weeks on the campaign trail, he continued to mash the airwaves by appearing on Fox News 7 times during that time, despite only 2 of them being in studio. John stressed how much these Holidays meant to him with their themes of sacrifice along with policy. Kasich also received a surprising amount of media attention by appearing in the stands and on the sideline for Ohio State Football's victories against Michigan State and Michigan respectively. John Kasich also amped up by scheduling over 40 appearances in New Hampshire during these months to match Elrich. However, he still had some sneak attacks planned for the next few weeks ...

During This Time John Kasich seeked the following endorsements.

Eric Cantor.

Chris Sununu (Don't betray your family).

Susan Collins.

Paul Lepage. (Do you want a pro-abortion beltwayer like Elrich?)

Judd Gregg (Try to earn persuasion by bringing Sununus to the meeting)

Tim Pawlenty.

George Allen.

David Jolly.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #291 on: September 06, 2015, 09:27:56 PM »

To be clear, that's a memo I posted to show I'm working on getting together a team. I don't need to officially announce or seek their endorsements until the round before I want to announce them.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #292 on: September 07, 2015, 01:57:16 AM »

Ok, now I'm requiring the endorsement of Iowa Secretary of State Paul Pate.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #293 on: September 07, 2015, 10:37:00 AM »

What makes you entitled to it?
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #294 on: September 07, 2015, 10:42:15 AM »

I asked for the endorsement of Branstad, but he is still running and so I have an endorsement left for this round. Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #295 on: September 07, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »

I asked for the endorsement of Branstad, but he is still running and so I have an endorsement left for this round. Smiley

Yeah, I think it was just a misstatement. We've PMed about it, everything's good! Smiley
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #296 on: September 07, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »

Could I have the primary candidates I requested knowing about?

For example, is Udall primarying Bennet in Colorado?

Also:.

"Teri Hasks Goodman and Kevin M. McCarthy have been made Chairperson of the Dubuque County campaign and Co-Chairman of our Iowa campaign, respectively."

- Thomas Roberts

I'm trying to compile a list of campaign members for future reference. Hopefully this helps.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #297 on: September 07, 2015, 04:03:04 PM »

Joe Biden "Ready" to Run Fifty-State General Campaign
[/b][/u]

A Biden aide who requested anonymity has released information. According to the aide, Biden is 'prepared and ready to run heavily throughout the South'.

Using such states as Virginia and Iowa and New Mexico as launching points, the aide claimed Biden's campaign had put together the following map:

With 108 EVs being rated as Tilt GOP, the Biden map would suggest the possibility of pushing down the GOP to 137 EVs. This author suggests it as a possibility, particularly with potential game changers and keynote speakers as Gavin Newsom, Claire McCaskill, Howard Dean, and similar possibilities.

It is only likely if Biden's southern strategy is successful in the primary. Working off the base he would have in any of the green states he won in the primaries, he would need to convince most independents and even a good part of Republicans to attain that map.

- Politico, Jan. 9, 2016
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #298 on: September 07, 2015, 05:43:58 PM »

Alright, well I'm going to start creating Round 4...
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #299 on: September 07, 2015, 06:29:33 PM »

Also, I had a few ideas for potential primary challengers for Bennet:
- Andrew Romanoff
- Michael Johnston
- Ken Salazar
- Andy Karr
- Federico Peņa
- Helen Thorpe