2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:51:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 55878 times)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2015, 10:10:15 AM »
« edited: September 27, 2015, 11:53:34 AM by darthebearnc »

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the updated version of the 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline! I'm your moderator, darthebearnc, and I hope that this updated version of the 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline will best suit the needs of all who participate.

This timeline is only open to the initial 20 candidates who have already signed up.

If you still wish to participate in the new version, please simply post your intention to do so, along with your candidate name and announcement speech (you can copy and paste it). As I will be away from July 12 to 18, the timeline will start when I get back. However, I have chosen to give from now until then for you to post your candidate name and announcement speech so everyone has more than enough time to do so.

Instructions for the updated, normal version of the ITL will be given as soon as I get back and regain computer access.

Thank you to everyone who wishes to participate, and I really appreciate your flexibility! Smiley

UPDATE: This post is no longer relevant; I am now accepting new sign-ups again for a few days. Please scroll down to the post with the large green heading for the new instructions.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2015, 10:11:34 AM »

John Ellis Bush

"Let me begin by making some very clear. I love my dad. I love my brother. I am very proud of their accomplishments and their actions and decisions in life - both in private and at home - but I am not my dad, I am not my brother. I am not George - I am Jeb. And I am running for President of the United States!

I'm running for President for one simple reason. I love this country. I love everything about this country, from the Statue of Liberty to the Golden Gate Bridge, from the glaciers of Alaska to the deserts of Texas. I love what this nation stands for: Opportunity, success, and advancement. In America, there is the dream that any child can grow up to become President of the United States. I am running for President to make that dream a reality.

As Governor of Florida, I made my state a land of opportunity unseen anywhere else in the nation. I turned around the education to ensure that every child had access to high quality schooling. That is because I believe that education is key to a successful and prosperous adulthood. As President, I will take those same commonsense education policies that I put in place in Tallahassee and bring them to Washington because we cannot afford play politics with the future of our children.

My wife, Columba, has been my rock since the day we met in 1970. She didn't speak any English and my Spanish left a lot to be desired. But we knew - from that day - that we were in love. We were married in Austin in 1974 and we've been together ever since. Columba has taught me more than any book, experience, or mentor. She taught me that, with love, anything is possible. With Columba by my side, I cannot lose. Sin Columba, yo no estaría postulando para presidente hoy.

Columba is an immigrant and it is because of our relationship that I have the strong immigration policy I have. It is illegal to cross our border without the proper papers and without following the appropriate means. But families that come into our nation do it out of need - they cannot prosper and grow where they are, they cannot live a good, healthy life in their current station. We should welcome all people into our borders. Now, I am not advocating for amnesty here. I know that's what some of you are thinking. I am advocating for a compassion for families in need. I am advocating for an expedited process to make the American Dream more accessible to those families already here - those who have already started their lives, who have already established themselves, who have become Americans in all but legality.

Friends, we're at the beginning of a journey here. We're at the start of something. We're at the crossroads of America. Amigos, vamos a tomar el camino hacia una más brillante, más éxito, mañana más próspero! Gracias! Thank you! God Bless you!"
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 10:23:51 AM »

Bill Gates, America's greatest innovator, is running for President.

Microsoft founder and America's greatest innovator, Bill Gates announced his candidacy for President at the headquarters of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

"Thank you all for coming today to this wonderful event. Melinda and I are extremely grateful for the support so many of you have given to us over the years and we look forward to appreciating your friendship in the years to come.

When Melinda and I first started our Foundation, we knew that we wanted to help people. We wanted to make life better. We wanted to fight poverty and disease. We wanted to help level the playing field for millions of people, billions if we could, around the globe. And because of people like you, we made an enormous impact around the world.

Our Foundation has helped deliver vital health services to millions of African families. Our relationships abroad have blossomed into a massive network of support for massive change and massive improvement. At home, we've worked hard to develop our community partnerships here in the United States to facilitate social progress, to alleviate poverty, and to connect people to the world around them.

All of this, the Foundation, the progress we've made, the change we've seen, all of it was made possible by the enormous success of Microsoft. When my associates and I started Microsoft, we didn't know we were starting one of the most successful companies of all time. I don't think any of us had any idea we had the potential to revolutionize the way the world communicated, the way healthcare would be delivered, the way our economy would run, and the way people would live.

Microsoft is one of my very proudest achievements. It taught me lessons that have been invaluable in my life. The values of what makes a good leader. How to put a vision into action, and how to use your own success to make a difference in the world.

Melinda and I, after much deliberation, have made a decision. I am running for President of the United States.

I'm running because my life could not happen today. Rampant income inequality has strangled the sort of opportunities I took advantage of when I had a big idea about a beige box in a little garage. Microsoft couldn't happen today because of crippling inequality, a broken system of mobility, and partisanship that places politics over people. A broken Washington is presiding over a broken economy.

My friend Warren Buffett and I have spoken to the media about brokenness of our tax system and our distorted view of government spending. It is not right, as Warren always says, that we pay less in taxes than our secretaries. If you elect me your next President, I will sit in a room with members of Congress from both parties to work out a complete overhaul of our tax code that simplifies the code, makes sure the wealthy are paying their fair share, and reduces the burden on middle and working class families.

With the revenue raised from a fairer tax system, we must turn our eyes to the future. Our future as a nation hinges on our willingness to reach new heights. We must look ahead at what we want, what we can achieve, and what we must do. As President, I plan on pushing a whole new standard of investment in our schools.

Revolutionizing our education system to meet the demands of our new economy is the only way we can repair our broken system of mobility. My plan begins with a raise for every teacher in the United States and a system in which federal dollars will match state and local investments in education.

Our new commitment to education hinges on the effective integration of technology into our schools. Not simply having it present, but truly utilizing technology to expand the horizons of every student in the United States. A federal commitment must be made to properly equipping educators and administrators with the skills necessary to use technology in their classrooms.

We must also work to address the gross inefficiencies in our healthcare system that punishes the young and the poor to subsidize the sick rich. Speaking as a leader in business, I can sincerely say that business is incredibly effective at meeting many needs, but it has its limitations. Healthcare is one of those limitations. The United States, the richest country in the world, lags far beyond other developed nations on the issue of healthcare.

While I respect President Obama's efforts to reform our broken system, it has become clearer and clearer that our current system does not need reformed, it needs replaced. That's why I'll work as President to bring a whole new level of efficiency to healthcare, to lower costs, to expand access, and to increase quality. This all begins with eliminating the age requirement on Medicare. By enrolling every man, woman, and child into one centralized insurance pool, we can dramatically increase access to and quality of medical care.

By guaranteeing quality healthcare and education to every American and leveling the economic playing field, we can make the American dream possible again. The conduits of growth and innovation, American business, must be able to compete with other nations.

While our plans for healthcare and education will strengthen our workforce, we must not forget the value of investment in businesses. As President, I will support closing the Export-Import Bank and replacing it with a new United States Small Business Development Bank with a significant investment. This new bank will provide low-interest loans, loan guarantees, research subsidies, and export help to small businesses seeking to compete across the globe. The difference, however, is that all assistance paid out of the Development Bank must be paid back by the successful businesses. The millions of jobs created by the bank will lower unemployment, decrease inequality, and strengthen our economy across the board.

Our goals are clear, our mission is critical. Providing quality healthcare, jobs, and education to every American is a goal worthy of our efforts. So I ask that each and every one of you join me this journey. Melinda and I thank you all again for your support, we'll be seeing you on the trail soon enough. Thank you.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2015, 10:27:16 AM »

June 26, at Ohio State University

Thank you! Thank You! I appreciate the enthusiasm, but we have some sobering matters at hand. My fellow Buckeyes, we stand today, at a crossroad. The administration tells us we are amidst an economic recovery, yet prices rise, incomes stay stagnant, and working families struggle to meet ends. Meanwhile, the national debt is spiraling out of control, and no one in D.C is willing to make the sacrifices to slash our deficits. Washington as been unable to deliver on issues we should all be able to come together on. Among these are real tax reform, Keystone XL, rebuilding our infrastructure, overdue issues like immigration, trade or entitlement reform, and fully committing America to the urgent war against ISIS! Sadly, Barack Obama's failed moral leadership is leading our youth into a sea of moral relativism. Today's youth are taught to be increasingly accepting of sexual immorality, disregard for authority, abortion, godlessness, low standards of art, and there's virtual despair among many, who look for reasons other than the past  or blind patriotism to be proud of this once great nation. In short, as a result of our nation's moral decay, economy running on life support, and foreign crisis, I John Richard Kasich, am running for President of the United States!

The nation is looking for a proven leader, and the Republican Party must deliver one! I began my career as a long shot to be elected to congress but worked my way up to chairman of the House Budget Committee. As chairman, I played a key role in helping congress work with Bill Clinton to reduce the national debt for the only time in the past 36 years. As Governor of Ohio, I've cut 3 billion in taxes, balanced 5 consecutive budgets, taken on the public sector unions, and presided over lower recidivism rates along with the creation of over 300,000 jobs. The pundits said I was in deep water like our party is supposedly in against Hilary, yet my team and I delivered a resounding 30 point victory in November that was heard from coast to coast! As governor I worked with Republicans in the legislature to the curb the growth of Obamacare to among the lowest in the nation, and as president, you can kiss the individual mandate goodbye! I intend to stand by history as a strong fiscal conservative and vow to bring our debt through real reform of entitlements and a full audit of the Pentagon. My tax plan will reduce the burden across the board while reducing the rate on corporations by 17% to bring back jobs to the United States. As Republicans we must guard against the siren song of isolationism by remaining vigilant in all decisions. I will ask congress for a declaration on inaugural day! The goal will be victory, as soon as possible thanks to a military that takes it marching orders form The Commander in chief, not the UN! So let it be said, that America would once again be a shining beacon for the rest of the free world and not succumb to an era of darkness. As someone who met President Nixon and lifted himself out of poverty  following the tragedy of my parent's death, I felt part of the great American spirit. Yet tragically, much of our history after the disgrace of Watergate has been marked by cynicism about our leaders and gradual decline in the nation's standing in the world. But with your commitment to greatness and willingness to sacrifice, we can make a difference. God Bless America!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2015, 11:46:30 AM »
« Edited: August 14, 2015, 11:33:56 AM by tmthforu94 »

Cruz 2016: Reigniting the Promise of America

Good Afternoon! It is good to be here at Liberty University today. May God continue to bless this university.

I believe in the promise of America. I believe in the hope this country provides to so many, the prosperity this country can provide, and the safety she brings to her citizens. We need a President who is ready on day one to protect America and the virtues that we all believe in. We need a president with the experience and commitment to do whatever it takes to keep our nation safe.

I'm Ted Cruz, and I am running for President of the United States of America.

After eight years of failed policy, both at home and abroad, America needs a new direction. We need a president who believes in security through strength, not appeasement. With radical terrorist groups threatening our security at home, we need a president who will take the steps necessary to secure our nation, protect our future, and secure our values.

We need a president who will be a champion for the middle class, working to reduce taxes and regulations and provide an economic environment that encourages entrepreneurship, not diminish it. I'm tired of seeing Washington D.C. kick the can down the road on issues that are so important to many Americans: Medicare and Social Security. We need a president committed to making the reforms to create long-lasting programs that will provide a benefit to those who need it the most.

We need a President who believes that the American people are our country's greatest asset, not the government. A President who will repeal and replace Obamacare, approve the Keystone Pipeline on day one, and bring a sense of leadership back to the White House.

I will be that president.

I look forward to the challenge of healing a nation divided by eight years of partisan politics. I never would have imagined being in this position today - running for President of the United States. But today we face difficult times, difficult times largely due to failed leadership we have seen from President Obama. We need a new kind of leadership in America, a kind driven on producing results, not empty promises and false hope. This election cannot be one where more hope is brought to the American people and no results are achieved. Americans are losing faith in their government - we must restore that faith. I will be a president that produces results and restores faith in government.

As president, I will fight relentlessly each day to make this nation safer, stronger, and more prosperous than ever before. Today launches the beginning of a campaign, and I humbly ask for your vote and support. Thank you, God Bless you all, and God Bless America!
Abraham Reagan
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 2.96

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2015, 11:55:02 AM »

CARLY FIORINA JOINS THE RACE

"Friends, today I announce my candidacy for President of the United States.

I believe, as do the vast majority of Americans, that Washington politicians care more about saying the right things and getting re-elected instead of actually getting results for the people that voted for them. That is not the government that our founders wanted. They believed in a citizen government, where patriots answered the call to serve their country, would fulfill their duty, and then return home. That is kind of government we need, and the kind of president I will be. No other candidate can say that.

You see friends, I've lived the American Dream. Only in America can a girl start as a secretary and move her way up to become the CEO of a Fortune 50 tech company. My story shows the essence of the American experiment. It's a beautiful experiment in which anyone, no matter their race or gender or status can build themselves up to make a better life for themselves and their family. However, this experiment is beginning to look like an empty fantasy for too many Americans who are working harder than ever to simply stay afloat.

Friends, every single American has potential. Every American has the potential to create, to innovate, to take risks. Sadly, today our government has become such a massive, inefficient bureaucratic monster that it sucks up all of the oxygen in the room, and with it, it snuffs out the dreams and potential of millions of hard working Americans. More small businesses are closing than opening, large companies are fleeing the US for places with more reasonable tax rates, and so many in the middle class feel left out of this so called recovery that President Obama keeps touting.

It does not need to be this way. If I'm elected President, I will work every single day to get the bureaucratic Godzilla off of the American people's back and to make sure that Americans begin to rise again. I will put the government back on the side of the entrepreneur, the single mom, the coal miner and every other kind of American. This is necessary if we want America to lead the world again.

Another area where our inefficient government is lagging dangerously behind on its responsibilities is foreign affairs. ISIS is still spreading and remains undeterred despite the plan this president has implemented which he says will degrade and destroy them. How many Middle Eastern Christians who've had family members tortured and beheaded do you think would call this strategy a success? Not many, I'm guessing. If we aren't fully committed to defeating ISIS, they will continue to spread and could soon pose a national security threat to mainland America. THAT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

As President, I'll take the advice of our military commanders deadly seriously and take whatever action necessary to defeat this cancer in the Middle East. I'll defend our allies and take a firm stand towards our adversaries in China, Iran, and Russia. I will never waver in my defense of American national security and world peace interests. We cannot elect someone like Hillary Clinton to stand up to these people, if people like her are the exact reason we're in this tense international situation. A red reset button comes to mind.

So friends, If I am elected the nominee of this party, the choice in November of 2016 will be abundantly clear. Do we as a nation want another four years of crushed potential and weak international leadership, or do we want a bold leader who will revive the American dream and defend America abroad? If you think the latter sounds better, I'm asking for your support and your vote.

Thank you. God bless you, and may God always bless the United States of America!"
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2015, 01:47:15 PM »

Hillary for President!

June 18
New York City, New York

"Thank you all for coming out today. Today I announce my candidacy for the office of President of the United States of America. I am running because we need a president who will take on income inequality head on. I am running because we need a president who will fight to reverse Citizens United. I am running because we need a president who will fight for police reform. I am running because we need a president who will protect the Affordable Care Act from the Republicans, who want to destroy it and throw millions people off of healthcare subsidies. We need a president who has the experience and resolve to deal with world leaders and to deal with international conflicts.

We are currently engaged in a struggle against the terror of ISIL. As president, I would continue President Obama's policies of fighting ISIL, but I will also acknowledge how ISIL came to be. The plain fact is the Republican Party has not learned from the reckless foreign policy exercised by the Bush administration. You hear them today, marching to the fife of war in Iran, in Syria, and, believe it or not, they're actually back to Iraq again. It's like they've come full circle."

The audience laughed.

"You hear prominent Republicans saying that knowing what we know now, they wouldn't have gone into Iraq, but their rhetoric has not changed. They still adopt the same reckless policies which led to this situation in the first place. I, on the other hand, have acknowledged I was wrong in my support of the war. My opinion changes with the facts. As president, I would not make the same mistake and return to war in Iraq.

As president, I would make meaningful electoral reform. First off, I would support term limits for congresspeople. We don't need career politicians in Washington who are slaves to lobbyists and big interests. We don't need politicians who shut down the government as a fundraising tactic. We need legislators. Power corrupts. We have witnessed that clearly with the obstruction from radicals in Congress. We have seen their willingness to take healthcare subsidies away from families for partisan political motivations. They have abused the power of the filibuster and of the redistricting pen. As president, I would take meaningful steps to reduce this type of reckless partisan politicking.

As president, I would fight aggressively on behalf of the American worker. The plain fact is that income inequality continues to expand. People who are working 40 hours a week are still living in poverty. People who are working 40 hours a week are still barely scraping by. These past six years have been great for progress, but there is still more work to do. As president, unlike the Republicans who would challenge me, I would be a surrogate of all people, of all backgrounds, and all creeds.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, my friends. In the coming months, I intend to fully unveil my ideas for the future of this nation.

Thank you all, God bless you, and God bless this country we love."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »

Reserving for Rubio post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 12:09:57 PM »

Marco Rubio Announces Candidacy In Miami

“Friends, today we begin a journey together. We have gathered here at Freedom Tower for a reason; it is a symbol of and monument to the hope and opportunity that embody America. In this room in this very building, thousands of my fellow Cuban Americans began their unique American journeys in this room. They are but little stitches in the greater fabric of the American tapestry. I am the son of exiles. I have seen firsthand through the lenses of my family what tyranny does to the hearts and souls of those who are oppressed. And I believe that makes me uniquely qualified to lead this country forward into the future.

America is a different place, with a different story. While the story of the rest of the world is a story of feudalism, serfdom, slavery, and hopelessness, America has always been a beacon of light. We are the children and grandchildren of those who did not want to accept this; we are the children of those who saw this beacon burning in the dark, and risked life and limb to reach it. And our own children, our own precious blood and treasure, must continue this tradition. They must have a country that to those not fortunate enough to be born here must be worth coming too. They must have a country that they are proud of, not ashamed of. They must have a country that was handed down to them better off than we found it. And that is why we are here today.

There are forces around the world, from radical Islam to the creeping tide of expansionism in the halls of the Kremlin, that do not want America to be that country, that shining city on the hill, that last great hope, and that last light in the darkness. The American Dream that my parents lived must not become the American nightmare when it is my own children’s turn to live it. We look up to the greatest generation, a generation that passed this country down in better shape than they found it. They were shaped by war and depression. They knew hardship first hand.

Between our grandparent’s generation and our generation, something happened. We lost our collective sense of direction. We lost our moral values. We lost our firm commitment to every century, present and future, being the American century. Not too long ago, a politician from the past launched her bid for the Presidency. But I have strong doubts that she will succeed. You see, the politics of yesterday are not appropriate solutions to the troubles of today. It is our time to step up to the plate. We cannot let figures from the past shape the policy of the present, and we cannot let figures from the past destroy our children’s future. This upcoming election is not an election about candidates, nor even contrasting ideologies or ideas. It is a battle between generations. It is our time. It is our turn. And it is our chance. And that is why I am announcing my campaign for the Republican nomination for President in 2016!"
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2015, 03:31:38 AM »

Former Marlyland Governor Bob Ehrlich joins GOP race.

Former Marlyland Governor Bob Ehrlich announcing his candidacy in a rally in Baltimore, MD.

Thank you all my friends. Thank you.

Our country is facing a lot of problems and I think that do something to solve our problems it's a duty of all the people of the United States of America. I do not pull back. Today, I announce my candidacy for the presidency of the United States of America.

I'm Bob Ehrlich. I served the people of Maryland as a United States Representative from 1995 to 2003 and then as Governor from 2003 to 2007. So, I do not miss the experience to be the next President of the United States. During my term as Governor and during my campaigns I hold a lot of events across Maryland and I've maintained a special bond with the people of my state. I'm ready to do the same during my presidential campaign. I will travel all across our beautiful country and I look forward to discuss the issues facing our nation and have spirited debates with my fellow republicans on how solve it.

I consider myself as a new kind of republican and the people that I met agree with me. If you take a look at my record as Governor, and I will speak of it in moments, you will find a new kind of republican, different from the other candidates in the GOP field. And I think that if we want to win again, we don't need an extreme candidate, but we need a common-sense republican that is able to speak of the issues facing our country and able to get support from all sides. That's why I was elected Governor in Maryland, a deep-blue state.

When I will be President, combat our enemies, fiscal responsibility, education, health, environment, public safety and commerce will be the pilars of my administration.
As during my years as Governor of Maryland, I will oppose income tax increases.

When I will be President, I'll take all the necessary actions in order to defeat ISIS, that is a scourge of the Middle East and also I will defend our allies all around the world.

Today, the word "government" is a synonym of Washington. It's a synonym of a group of people out of touch with reality, with our people's matters. If I will be elected, government will be a synonym of people, because the government will work again for all our workers, for our students and for all americans.

I'd like to speak of my record as Governor. Under my tenure, Maryland stayed 0.5% or more below the national unemployment average. The unemployment rate dropped from 4.5% in 2003 to 3.9% in 2006 and also there was an increase of 98,000 private sector jobs.

Education is important and during my term, I endorsed a plan granting extra money to poorer school systems and to schools in areas with a higher cost of living. During my administration, I oversaw the opening of the first public charter school in the state and 45 new schools were constructed, and more than 50 schools were fully renovated. Also I invested record funding in Maryland community colleges and in public historically black colleges.

In my cabinet, I established a new position for people with disabilities: the Secretary of Disabilities, that became the first cabinet-level disabilities office in the nation and I'm ready to do it again during my presidency.

And what about environment? I signed and act that helped reduce pollution discharge. The Chesapeake Bay Foundation described this act as the most significant piece of legislation for the Bay in a generation. And I'm proud of it.

During my term, I valutued each request for clemency on a case-by-case basis and I was nationally recognized for my progressive approach that helped free wrongly convicted defendants.

I'm the new kind of republican that our party needs to win and that our nation needs to rise again. So, please join me in this adventure. With our heart, with our commitment, we will do great things for our nation.

Thank you all! God bless you and God bless the United States of America!

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2015, 12:53:30 AM »

Rick Perry 2016: The Great American Comeback

"My fellow Americans, my name is Rick Perry, and I stand here humbly today to announce that I am running for President of United States.

My story is the American story. I grew up in a little Texas town called Paint Creek, a place unknown to the rest of the world but that would be the bedrock for the rest of my life to follow. My dad, a World War II veteran, married my mom and settled down as cotton farmers. They never made a whole lot, but they took good care of my sister and I and instilled everlasting values in us: hard work, determination, faith, and kindness. In my youth I became an Eagle Scout, and after graduating from Texas A&M I enlisted in the Air Force, where I truly learned to appreciate the freedoms this country gave people. After proudly serving for five years, I returned to Texas as a farmer once more. In the years that have passed since then, I was able to work my way up from the Texas Legislature to eventually become the longest serving governor of Texas, the 12th largest economy in the world.

The reason that I highlight my life story is to show how America has been the land of opportunity for so many. If a poor farmer boy from rural Texas could make it, so too can millions of others. This has been the country where entrepreneurs and immigrants have thrived like nowhere else, making everyone's lives better along the way. America was founded to be like this, but the freedoms and opportunities that we have come to take for granted are now slowly slipping away from us. An increasingly bloated federal government, failed leadership at the top, and a stagnant economy are among our biggest problems right here at home. Abroad, it seems like the world is becoming more unstable by the day, and the U.S. is no longer acting in the leadership role that it once did.

These are great problems in front of us, to be sure, but we Americans are resilient. We were faced with a Great Depression and two World Wars before and came out stronger than ever. Even when our nation faced a bloody Civil War after splitting in two, we were able to unite as one again. With the track record this country's had in just 200 years, there's nothing that we can't overcome!

What we need right now is a leader who has the experience, vision, and judgment to lead us to our Great American Comeback. In my 14 years as Governor of Texas, I have a record of accomplishment that beats everyone else running, from both parties. While I was Governor, one-third of all new American jobs were created right here in Texas. We made new jobs even as the rest of the nation bled jobs during our last recession. Taxes were slashed to historic lows as we restrained our spending. A balanced budget was passed every year that I was Governor. Texas has led the nation in exports and continues growing in fields like natural gas and new technology. After investing a great deal in education, Texas has the second highest graduation rate in the nation; for African-Americans and Hispanics, it's the highest. I have effectively dealt with everything from illegal immigration to hurricanes to Ebola, and I have the scars to prove it.

All the good that has been achieved in Texas can be done for the rest of the nation as well. As President, I will act swiftly to right wrongs and put us on a better path forward. On my first day in office, I will reverse President Obama's illegal executive amnesty and begin to really secure our borders. To give our economy a much needed boost, we need to drastically reform our tax system. I would introduce a single flat tax on income and work to lower the corporate tax, along with abolishing the capital gains and death taxes. This crushing debt that future generations will be hurt by must be addressed now, and that means downsizing our government and cutting all the waste. Nothing should be off the table. It's time for us to stop leading from behind with our foreign policy and instead believe in American exceptionalism again. Islamic terrorism is a real threat to this country--ISIS must be stamped quickly before they ever strike here. We also must not allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon and further destabilize the Middle East by threatening war with our ally Israel.

Some of you may remember my last run for President and judge me just by what happened four years ago. I will be the first one to admit that I wasn't prepared for the rigors of the campaign at the time. If I had to the chance to do it over, many things would have been different. This time, though, I am fully ready to tackle this race head on. Campaigning in Iowa, New Hampshire, and the other primary states is something that I relish, and I'm in this for the long haul. I ask you, the voters, to join me in this campaign and work to bring about the Great American Comeback.

Thank you all, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America!"
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 11:58:16 PM »

Joe Biden Enters Presidential Race
[/u][/b]

Biden Rallying Voters

"Gentlemen, ladies, welcome. I am pleased to announce that I, Joseph Biden, am officially now a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination in 2016. What the Republicans don't understand, what Hillary Clinton doesn't understand, what Bernie Sanders doesn't understand, is that Americans want peace, not war. Prosperity, not hate. Positivity, not negativity." The Vice President begins.

"Ever since I was little," the Vice President continues, "I was told what I should not, could not, would not do. Now, Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Sanders are telling me I cannot become President. To me, that sounds an awful lot like the Republicans." The crowd chuckles as Biden starts up again. "I'm telling, just as you can live the American Dream, I can become President and live the American Dream."

"I have made many tough choices. Now, with my son dead, I am running for President. It sounds ambitious and egotistic job-grabbing. The last words of my son, however, encouraged me to run. I think," Biden begins to tear up, "I think I will listen to my dead son over Hillary Clinton, thank you very much. As we move forwards, I will not forget him and the sacrifices he made."

"We will win. We will march on. We will make America greater than ever before. As I rise, I will raise America with me. Now, as we focus on a brighter tomorrow, I ask all of you to join me in pushing for a better future. I ask you to support me, so that together we will have a brighter day tomorrow than yesterday. For our children, for our peace, for our prosperity - I ask, humbly, for your support in these tough times." Biden would continue with a similar speech for nearly twenty more minutes, before excusing himself for several endorsements to follow, including that of Angus King.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »

So....
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 02:34:22 PM »

Has anyone tried contacting Dart?
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »

He hasn't been on lately
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2015, 04:32:09 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2015, 04:59:25 PM by jojoju1998 »

April 27,2015

" My Name is Gary Locke. And I am running to be the President of the United States. My Grandparents lived the American Dream. As immigrants from China, they struggled to make ends meet, to give my father, a better future. My father served this nation with honor in World War 2 and started a succesful small business. He has passed on, but his values still live on in me. What are those values ? Hard Work, grit, and Hope.

Thanks to an unfair economy, Families despite all of their hard work, find it difficult to make ends meet. I will not allow that to happen, you see, when I was Secretary of Commerce and America's top diplomat to China, I stood up for American Workers and values and will continue to do so as president. We will work together with Democrats and Repubilcans to pass sweeping tax reforms that puts money back into a worker's pocket. As President, I will fight to assure that Minorities don't get turned away from a job just because of the color of their skin. And Let's have Paid Leave for pregnant moms ! Having a good job requires a good education. That is why I support Job Training programs so that people in poverty can have Dignity. Because Jobs not only bring money, they bring Dignity. For the next generation, I will expand School Choice, make sure that Student Loans do not overburden our young people, and there will be Universal Pre K when I am president. For Health Care, let's improve our broken health care system by allowing Health Care to be portable, and continue to make Health Care afforable and Universal.

When I was Governor of Washington, I worked together with people from both sides to pass education reform, Tax Reform, and many other things. Washington DC needs some of that. As President, I will sit down and talk with Senators and Representatives every single day.

Finally, we should not forget the men and women, who serve in our military. They have fought for this country. And they should be treated with dignity and respect. As President, I will reform the VA system by putting in place measure that will overhaul record systems and make Health Care easier to use.

This journey will not be easy, but we can do this. Thank you, and may God bless the United States of America ! "
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 05:25:09 PM »

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long wait, I lost computer access for a long time and only recently regained it. The first big update will either be tonight or tomorrow; I have PMed a few more people from the old ITL to get them to sign up as soon as they can.

Thanks! Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 08:07:37 PM »

Update 1 - Introduction

Hello, everyone, and welcome to the beginning of the updated version of the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline!

First of all, I'd like to apologize once more for the whole fiasco regarding format changes and for taking so long to update the new version of the timeline (I was without computer access for a long period of time last month). I'd also like to thank everyone who has signed up for this timeline for their support and interest in participating.

With that, let's get to the rules! Smiley

The updated version of this interactive timeline is divided into two stages - the primary election stage and the general election stage. The following rules all have to do with the primary election stage of the interactive timeline (the rules of the general election stage will be explained at a later date):

Rules for the Primary Election Stage

1. The primary election stage of this interactive timeline begins on July 1, 2015. It is assumed that by this time, all candidates will have announced their candidacies though will not have started actively campaigning for the presidency.

2. The primary election stage is divided into sections, called 'turns'. Each turn lasts for one in-game week, with the first turn starting on July 1, 2015 and the last turn ending on July 15, 2015, shortly before the national conventions of the Democratic and Republican parties begin (note that all turns begin on a Friday and end on a Thursday). In real life, each turn lasts for 48 hours, meaning that you must post less than 48 hours after the introductory post for the current turn is made. However, if you have not posted at the 48-hour deadline, I will PM you as a reminder and give you an additional 24 hours to post. Of course, rounds may be shortened if everyone gets their schedules in before the deadline.

3. All candidates must create and present schedules for each turn. You may incorporate no more than thirty events into your schedule per turn. In your schedule, you should describe the date and location of each event, and may describe what your candidate says or does at the event. Remember that thirty is the maximum number of events your candidate may attend per week, not the minimum or the average.

4. Six debates will take place for each party throughout the primary election stage. The debates are to occur on the following turns: the first turn in August 2015, the first turn in October 2015, the first turn in December 2015, the first turn in February 2016, the first turn in April 2016, and the first turn in June 2016. Note that during turns in which debates are held, no schedules are to be released and no events other than the debate are to be attended. I will moderate all debates and provide all debate questions. However, you may PM me with debate question suggestions if you have them.

5. In addition to the scheduled debates, candidates may collaborate with each other to create additional debates, forums, or events involving multiple participants. These additional events will function as normal events within your schedules - you must include them in your schedules and, obviously, they count as one of the thirty maximum events that you are able to attend per week. You must be invited to one of these additional events by the candidate who creates it in order to attend, and remember not to put words into other candidates' mouths in your accounts of the events.

6. Primary/caucus dates are as follows (primaries and caucus results will be generated similarly in this interactive timeline; furthermore, both parties will hold primaries/caucuses on the same day in each state):

February 1 - Iowa
    February 9 - New Hampshire
    February 20 - South Carolina
    February 23 - Nevada
    March 1 - Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia
    March 5 - Louisiana, Nebraska, Kansas
    March 6 - Maine
    March 8 - Mississippi, Michigan, Idaho, American Samoa
    March 12 - Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands, Northern Marianas Islands
    March 13 - Puerto Rico
    March 15 - Florida, Illinois, Missouri, Ohio
    March 22 - Arizona, Utah
    March 26 - Alaska, Washington, Hawaii
    April 5 - Wisconsin
    April 19 - New York
    April 26 - Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island
    May 3 - Indiana
    May 10 - West Virginia
    May 17 - Kentucky, Oregon
    May 28 - Wyoming
    June 7 - California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota, North Dakota
    June 14 - Washington, D.C.

7. You can access the official state delegate counts for the Republican Party by going to the first graph in Link 1 and the Democratic Party by going to the last graph in Link 2.

Link 1: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/R-Alloc.phtml

Link 2: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P16/D-Alloc.phtml

8. Nationwide polls will be issued at the beginning of every turn to every candidate, as well as polls in upcoming primary states. I will provide polls for later primary states, as well as county polls, demographic polls, etc. upon request.

9. You may seek up to ten endorsements per turn. In order to seek an endorsement, you must meet with the person that you are trying to receive the endorsement of as an event on your schedule. Whether or not the person in question endorses you will be determined based off of (a) how ideologically close you are to the person, (b) how influential the person is, (c) whether your candidate knows the person closely, (d) how influential your candidate is at the time/how he or she is doing in the polls, and (e) how descriptive and detailed your account of your candidate's meeting with the person is. I will announce endorsement results in the introductory post of the turn after the endorsement is requested.

10. How well your candidate does in nationwide/statewide polls (and, of course, the actual primaries/caucuses) is based off of six factors (these are important to know):

A. How descriptive and detailed your candidate's event schedules are (this is the most important factor)
    B. Your candidate's debate performances
    C. Your candidate's endorsements
    D. Your candidate's ideological similarity to average nationwide/statewide primary voters
    E. Your candidate's popularity among nationwide/statewide primary voters
    F. How much I like you (just kidding Tongue)

Of course, some candidates will end up with inherent advantages in certain states due to factors D and E, but you can easily make up lost ground by doing well in A, B, and C.

11. You may drop out at any time by simply posting your intention to do so, though please don't become discouraged by poll results - they are temporary, and, once more, can easily be changed with a bit of effort.

12. The following color codes will be used in my posts from now on:

Green: General Update Posts
Red: Turn Introduction Posts
Blue: Debate Introduction Posts
Yellow: Convention Introduction Posts

13. If, for some reason, you have to take a Leave of Absence sometime during the game, please contact me to tell me so. You will not be penalized.

You have 96 hours remaining to sign up if you haven't done so already. After this point, Turn 1 will begin.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 09:25:19 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2015, 10:19:50 PM by Bigby »

Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam Announces 2016 Presidential Bid in Nashville.

"Good evening, America. After some discussion with my family and closest supporters, I have decided to officially run for President of the United States. I have worked tirelessly on behalf of the wonderful people of Tennessee, and I will do the same for all of America."

"I've seen too many people, both within and outside of my state, suffering from the current predicaments that haunt this great nation. People are worried about a great deal of issues, such as the economy, school choice, the deficit, immigration, and so on. Simply put, we are not heading in the right direction. However, there is hope, America. With the right reforms and enough dedication, we will recover. Soon enough, we will triumph. It is the destiny of America to be as great as it once was, and I will do everything in my power to ensure it returns to greatness."

"I believe that I am the most qualified individual to become the 45th President of the United States. My record as Governor of Tennessee backs such a claim appropriately. My top priorities as American President would be economic growth, education reform, and workplace development, identical to my priorities as Governor. In my first year as Governor, I reduced my state's budget while also giving a pay raise for state employees, enabling the construction of industrial plants, and increasing the funds for the Memphis Research Consortium. In the realm of education, I have enabled Tennessee's finest students to reach their maximum potential. Not only have I lifted the cap on the amount of charter schools Tennessee may have, but I have also benefited our college students by letting them use their Hope Scholarship funds during summer semesters. This is not rhetoric, but concrete proof backed by my actions. With the aid of my state's legislature, I have truly changed the state of Tennessee for the better. I can and will do the same for America."

"All in all, let us remember to remain optimistic about our future. Of course times are tough. Of course reform is required. Of course people are hurting. However, we cannot afford to succumb to defeatism. There is a bright future for the American people, and together, we will achieve it. I am willing to work with both parties in Congress, and I am certain that we can mend the ills this country is facing. Together, we will heal, America."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 10:06:27 PM »

Ryan '16: Re-Invigorating America

"Today, I am surrounded by friends, family, and countrymen in Jainesville, Wiconsin. I grew up here. It is the place where I was molded into the man I am today. But I wouldn't be here today without all of these people. These people that put their blood, sweat, and tears into their work and did it all for an American dream. They've inspired me to put my best foot forward in what I've wanted to do for people, and I want to give that same example for others.

Today, In America, our future is bright, but our road to that future is paved with challenges. We have a crisis of conscience on foreign affairs, we have men, women, and children still entrenched in poverty, we have a government that not only overspends, but doesn't spend its money in the right way, and we have a populace that is increasingly dissatisfied with the leaders in Washington D.C.. Throughout this campaign, I will vocalize a way forward on these issues, a way that makes sense, a way that keeps us safe, and a way that gives people hope in their dreams once again.

As many people know, I'm not a flashy guy. I'm a numbers guy. So let's go by the numbers: The national debt has risen to $18 Trillion, 99% of Americans only captured 5% of the growth that occurred during the recovery, 14.5% of Americans are still stuck below the poverty line. Congress has an approval rating of 8%. 55% of Americans feel this country is moving in the wrong direction and 60% of Americans disapprove of the deal recently made with Iran by the President. All of these numbers are tragic. But all of the problems stemming from those numbers are fixable.

Of the candidates in the field, I'm the one who has written the first budget in this Presidency to be passed through both houses of congress. I did so in a way that reduced our national debt by cutting wasting and overzealous spending. As President, I have the foreign affairs know how, the number crunching abilities, and the guts, to fix what ails our great country. That's why, tonight, in my home town, I, Paul Ryan, am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 07:02:50 AM »

Scott Walker Announces Campaign for President: "Time to take America Back!"
Gov. Scott Walker in Sioux City, Iowa, announcing his candidacy for President.

"Good morning Iowa! Thank you for allowing me back today, this special day for Tonette and me and our two boys. Today, we begin a conservation, today we begin a first step toward taking back our country.

Today, here in the great state of Iowa, with a full heart, deep convictions and faith, we declare to the people of Iowa and to the people of America, that I'm in this race and running to be your next President of the United States! As the Governor of Wisconsin for five years now we've seen conservative solutions up close and personal and here's the secret, well it's not a secret to the people here, but it is to Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton: Conservative solutions work. Conservative solutions create American dreams. Conservative solutions have righted the liberal government approach in Wisconsin and will do the same in Washington, DC. So, in this campaign, I intend to be unabashed in my belief that if you believe in lower taxes and less spending and more freedom, then it should not just be a slogan or a campaign promise, but proven results. I have done in Wisconsin and I intend to do it for America!

I realize I am one of many Republicans in the race for 2016 and I'm sure this will be an exciting primary, but I think one thing needs to be clear, whoever our nominee is in November 2016, they need to be a true conservative, not a panderer, not a showman, but a conservative through and through -- and a Governor, not a senator or someone without political experience. Governors cut through the nonsense. They lead. I've been a leader for the people of Wisconsin, I've championed conservative policies, even with the deck stacked against me and I've won. I've taken on the liberal elites and I've won.

I can take on Hillary Clinton, or whoever the Democrats put on and win against them. See, we as Republicans have for too long sacrificed our conservative mettle in order to please the liberals and those in the media. Well, newsflash folks we're never going to please the liberals and we're never going to be the darlings of the media. It's us for them, we're on our own, but that's alright, because us conservatives are used to fighting the fights alone, but you know what, we win them and even more importantly, we have the American people on our side, something Hillary Clinton won't be able to buy with all the money in the world from her bank account or the Clinton Foundation!

Certainly, the challenges we face are extraordinary and certainly the next President will need to hit the ground running. Ladies and gentlemen, I do not expect to be Mr. Popular in Washington. I do not expect to make friends. I do expect to get things down. To reign in government spending. To unleash economic growth. To restore our leadership around the world. You may not agree with each and every decision I make, but you will know that I down there working for you and only for you, to make this country work again.

So I'm in. I'm ready to work. I'm ready to earn you vote, and I'm ready to win. So let us be on our way. Let's start the crusade to take back America, right here in beautiful Sioux City, Iowa, surrounded by thousands of passionate and patriotic and concerned Americans. Let's start talking again, let's start listening again and let's start winning again, because folks the stakes are high. Hillary Clinton will raise a billion dollars, she will blanket the airwaves with negative ads to hide from her failed record, or lack thereof. But --we will compete on ideas. We will present solutions. She will look to divide. We will look to unite. She hopes for apathy. We hope for urgency.

Together -- all of us, working for this cause can compete against the Clinton machine and win, because Hillary Clinton and the Democrats are bankrupt when it comes to ideas, (well she claim's she's bankrupt but we know better). We have the policies. We have the solutions. We have the American people. We can put this country back on a true path of prosperity.

Hillary Clinton has been the secretary of titles and positions. She's not a leader. She's a talker. She's not a doer. I've worked my whole life, I didn't finish college, because I chose to go out into the world and make something for myself. Even, unlike some of the fine people in this race I've implemented conservative solutions, in a pretty tough environment and won. Wisconsin is a blueprint for an American revival. I won't need on the job training.  I'll go down to Washington, roll up my sleeves and get to work for you.

Thank you all for being here today. Great to be with you. Love you all so much and thank you. This will not be easy, but I believe in my heart we can win and take our country back. God Bless you. God bless this campaign, and God Bless our country!"

~ Tested. Proven. Ready. ~

WALKER FOR PRESIDENT
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 04:22:55 PM »

Update 2 - Current Candidates

This is a list of the current participants in the 2016 United States Presidential Election Interactive Timeline (it will be updated as new candidates sign up to participate):

GOP Nomination:
    Jeb Bush - dkrolga
    John Kasich - CapoteMonster
    Lindsey Graham - tmthforu94
    Carly Fiorina - Abraham Reagan
    Rich Santorum - Classic Conservative
    Marco Rubio - ChairmanSanchez
    Mike Huckabee - Leinad
    Bob Ehrlich - Cris
    Rick Perry - Spiral
    Bill Haslam - Bigby
    Paul Ryan - maxheem
    Scott Walker - NHI
Democratic Nomination:
    Bill Gates - Potus2036
    Hillary Clinton - DimpledChad
    Joe Biden - Kingpoleon
    Gary Locke - jojoju1998
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »

Sign-ups are still open! New players may now sign up for any unclaimed candidate they want to (besides Elizabeth Warren and Rand Paul, who have been claimed but haven't announced yet).

We have a bunch of great candidates left, including Bernie Sanders, Ben Carson, Mike Huckabee (Leinad is going to change candidates to Paul), Martin O'Malley, Jim Webb, Lincoln Chafee, Chris Christie, Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, and Donald Trump!

Thanks! Cheesy
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2015, 08:54:05 PM »

Where and how do we sign up?  I'd like to take Chris Christie.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »

Announcement From Boston MA...

Elizabeth Warren is In!
I stand before you, my friends, colleagues, and constituents, to take the next step in what has been – and will be - a deeply personal journey.  Many of you know that I come from very humble beginnings – but beginnings that have shown me the importance of giving Americans a fighting chance!

Americans need opportunities for quality education, for decent wages, and for access to health care.  Americans need policies that stop giving corporate welfare and instead provide assistance to those who need a leg up.  Americans need a tax structure that rewards hard work and not inherited wealth.  Americans need a change!!

I am here to ask you to be part of that change.  If we all work together, we can change policies to help hard working families, to fairly tax the top 1%, and to protect our environment, our jobs, our health, and our dignity.  If we all work together, we can end policies that distribute money to the wealthy rather than those who work for it, that increase greenhouse emissions, that compromise access to reproductive rights, that bail Wall Street out!

And it is time that we recognize our role in the global community.  These are times with unprecedented issues, and we must begin to step up to the plate.  We must join others where we can find overlap and common ground.  Iran is one such example – while we have certainly had our challenges with them, we now find ourselves together in the fight against ISIS, and we find a country willing to limit their potentially disastrous nuclear program.  This Iran deal is not the ideal – rarely is there one, particularly in foreign affairs.  But it is a step in the right direction, and deserves our support – with ongoing vigilance to back it up.

The issues are big – they are messy – they are important!  We must address them now, we must address them together.  I believe that, together, we can fight the good fight – and win!  And so, I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States, and I’m asking for your help, your voice, your fight, and your vote.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies