2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 10:34:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 56696 times)
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:52 PM »
« edited: August 19, 2015, 06:05:47 PM by DimpledChad »

BREAKING NEWS
HILLARY: I HAVE CANCER

The former Secretary of State drops out of the running for president, citing personal health concerns; doesn't endorse any candidate, but promises to endorse a candidate during the primaries.

New York (CNN) - Hillary Clinton came out of the shadows today, after being absent from the campaign trail for a long period. The former First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State unexpectedly announced that she would be dropping out of the race for president.

"This past week, I was diagnosed with lung cancer by our family doctor. I underwent additional tests, got a second opinion, but it is certain. Therefore, I must withdraw my candidacy for president," Mrs. Clinton said at a press conference Wednesday to the shock of the world.

Mrs. Clinton said that she is dealing with advanced stage lung cancer, and will undergo chemotherapy treatment. "The doctors expect it to be very effective," she said, "but we're going to wait and see before we begin celebrating." Mrs. Clinton refused to endorse a candidate at this time, but insisted she would do so before the primaries are over.

Details are minimal at this time, but once they become more available, we'll bring them to you first. Watch this space.

UPDATE - Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh weighs in. Limbaugh said on his radio show, "What in the world will the Democrats do now? Their beloved left-wing crusader Hillary probably will be dead in five years." He went on to say, "I can't wait to hear the conspiracy theories these left-wing loons come up with! They'll probably say she was poisoned!" Stay tuned for future updates.
CapoteMonster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.49, S: -2.61

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2015, 07:06:57 PM »

Statement from the Kasich campaign

[/I offer my sincerest condolences to the Fiorna and Clinton families in their struggle with cancer. So many of my loved ones have been victim to this horrible disease and I pray the same won't happen to them.]
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2015, 07:33:26 PM »

Terry and Chris Branstad's Statement on the Clinton and Fiorina Families

"My heart goes out to the Fiorina and the Clinton families, I've known both Hillary and Frank for many years now and they fabulous people and our family prays for their safe recovery and the end of cancer and having strokes. We are sure God will let them live and they will see America have a brighter future. They will be in our thoughts and prayers and we ask all Americans to do the same."
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2015, 07:43:16 PM »

BREAKING NEWS
HILLARY: I HAVE CANCER

The former Secretary of State drops out of the running for president, citing personal health concerns; doesn't endorse any candidate, but promises to endorse a candidate during the primaries.

New York (CNN) - Hillary Clinton came out of the shadows today, after being absent from the campaign trail for a long period. The former First Lady, Senator, and Secretary of State unexpectedly announced that she would be dropping out of the race for president.

"This past week, I was diagnosed with lung cancer by our family doctor. I underwent additional tests, got a second opinion, but it is certain. Therefore, I must withdraw my candidacy for president," Mrs. Clinton said at a press conference Wednesday to the shock of the world.

Mrs. Clinton said that she is dealing with advanced stage lung cancer, and will undergo chemotherapy treatment. "The doctors expect it to be very effective," she said, "but we're going to wait and see before we begin celebrating." Mrs. Clinton refused to endorse a candidate at this time, but insisted she would do so before the primaries are over.

Details are minimal at this time, but once they become more available, we'll bring them to you first. Watch this space.

UPDATE - Right-wing radio host Rush Limbaugh weighs in. Limbaugh said on his radio show, "What in the world will the Democrats do now? Their beloved left-wing crusader Hillary probably will be dead in five years." He went on to say, "I can't wait to hear the conspiracy theories these left-wing loons come up with! They'll probably say she was poisoned!" Stay tuned for future updates.

" She has Cancer ?! " Locke exclaimed upon hearing the news from Hepburn.

" Lung Cancer. Advanced Stage." Hepburn replied, " She's dropping out. I don't mean to be hurtful but this is your time to shine, Gary. "

Gary Locke's Statement on Hillary Clinton and Frank Fiorina.

" I had the honor of serving with Secretary Clinton when I was Secretary of Commerce and Ambassodor to China. Clinton has been a strong fighter for middle class families, Me and My Family wish her good luck in conquering the horrible illness that is Cancer. I also had the pleasure of meeting with Carly and Frank Fiorina during my time as Secretary. I pray that Frank will fight through this Stroke. I invite All Americans to unite."
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2015, 08:19:21 PM »

Official Statement from the Haslam Campaign:

Governor Haslam and his team wish the best for both Former Sectretary Clinton and Frank Fiorina. They will both be in our prayers as they go through their harships. We wish for the best and that the Lord will help them through.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2015, 08:33:32 PM »

Statement from the Ryan Campaign

Secretary Clinton is a public servant that gave her all in every role. We hope she and Frank Fiorina can recover. Our prayers are with them.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2015, 08:36:12 PM »

Buddy Roemer Statement
"I'm deeply saddened to hear of the health issues ravaging the Fiorina and Clinton families. I'm hoping for the full recovery of Frank Fiorina and Mrs. Clinton. May God bless them as they continue on the path to hopeful full recovery and health once again."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2015, 08:58:27 PM »

Rubio Statement.
We wish the Fiorina and Clinton families well, and greatly regret the lack of two of America's post well respected female leaders in the race. We look forward to the roles they will continue to play in the campaign and will be keeping them in their prayers.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2015, 03:22:05 AM »

Statement from the Ehrlich campaign:

"Governor Ehrlich, his family and his team wish the best for Secretary Hillary Clinton and Frank Fiorina and as well for their families. Our prayers, our thoughts are with Mr. Fiorina, Mrs. Clinton and their families, hoping that both will recover soon."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »

Statement from Gov. Walker

"Tonette and I extend our thoughts and prayers to Secretary Clinton and to President Clinton and their family. She is a strong woman and has played an important role in our nation's history over the last twenty-five years. We wish her a speedy recovery."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2015, 11:58:53 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2015, 12:01:17 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Gillibrand statement on the recent exits.

We at the Gillibrand campaign extend a hope for a speedy recovery to both Frank Fiorina and and Secretary Clinton.  Both have played great roles in American history for many years now, and it is my hope that they continue to do so.

We also condemn in the strongest terms, the right-wing fearmongering practiced by Rush Limbaugh against people like Hillary. It has no place in this campaign, especially when talking about someone's health.  
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2015, 03:28:31 PM »

Statement from the Christie Campaign
"Our deepest sympathies go out to Hillary Clinton, Frank Fiorina, and their families during this difficult time.  Governor Christie, his family, and his campaign team send all their thoughts and prayers to them and hope both of them will make a full recovery."
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2015, 12:40:42 AM »

Round 2 - Introduction

Hi, guys! Cheesy

Thank you to everyone who was able to submit their staff and schedules for Round 1; they were all genuinely impressive and I'm pleasantly surprised with their quality and the effort you put into them.

In the introduction for this Round, I'll basically be adding some updates to the rules, as well as the endorsement results for Round 1 and the new polls. The main sets of rules for the timeline can be found here and here.

As Fiorina and Clinton have both withdrawn from the race (leaving Warren and Gillibrand as the only women left), we're now down to only 21 candidates. You guys are probably happy about that, though, because now there's less competition in both parties. Tongue

Rule Updates:

1. This round will last from July 8, 2015 to July 14, 2015 in the game. You have 72 hours to post your schedules and a campaign ad for your candidate.

2. You basically have free reign when it comes to your campaign ad; you can do a TV commercial, a newspaper ad, a magazine article, etc. Just have fun! Remember, though, that your schedule must also be submitted for this week.

3. There is no longer a 30-event endorsement cap on your schedule (nobody followed that rule anyway...), though make sure that you ask for no more than ten endorsements per week. You must have a meeting with the person you want to endorse you in your schedule (and that meeting must be either in their home state or the state that they work in).

4. Remember that your success in the polls is based off of how descriptive, detailed, and realistic your campaigns are!

______

Polls:

Nationwide GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 16%
Bob Ehrlich - 13%
Marco Rubio - 12%
Bill Haslam - 11%
Terry Branstad - 8%
Buddy Roemer - 8%
John Kasich - 8%
Jeb Bush - 8%
Scott Walker - 6%
Rand Paul - 4%
Chris Christie - 2%
Dan Quayle - 1%
Paul Ryan - 1%
Rick Perry - 1%
Donald Trump - 1%

Nationwide Democratic Primary:

Bill Gates - 24%
Gary Locke - 23%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 21%
Elizabeth Warren - 19%
Al Gore - 10%
Joe Biden - 3%

Iowa GOP Primary:

Terry Branstad - 20%
Ted Cruz - 16%
Bill Haslam - 12%
Marco Rubio - 9%
Scott Walker - 8%
John Kasich - 7%
Bob Ehrlich - 6%
Jeb Bush - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 4%
Paul Ryan - 4%
Dan Quayle - 3%
Rand Paul - 3%
Rick Perry - 2%
Donald Trump - 1%
Chris Christie - 0%

Iowa Democratic Primary:

Kirsten Gillibrand - 23%
Al Gore - 22%
Bill Gates - 21%
Elizabeth Warren - 15%
Gary Locke - 15%
Joe Biden - 4%

New Hampshire GOP Primary:

Bob Ehrlich - 19%
John Kasich - 12%
Marco Rubio - 11%
Ted Cruz - 10%
Jeb Bush - 9%
Rand Paul - 8%
Chris Christie - 8%
Bill Haslam - 6%
Terry Branstad - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Scott Walker - 5%
Paul Ryan - 1%
Donald Trump - 1%
Dan Quayle - 0%
Rick Perry - 0%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary:

Elizabeth Warren - 25%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 25%
Bill Gates - 22%
Gary Locke - 21%
Al Gore - 5%
Joe Biden - 2%

Michigan GOP Primary:

Bob Ehrlich - 12%
Marco Rubio - 11%
John Kasich - 10%
Ted Cruz - 10%
Jeb Bush - 10%
Scott Walker - 10%
Terry Branstad - 6%
Bill Haslam - 6%
Chris Christie - 5%
Rand Paul - 5%
Paul Ryan - 5%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Donald Trump - 2%
Dan Quayle - 2%
Rick Perry - 1%

South Carolina GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 22%
Bill Haslam - 15%
Marco Rubio - 9%
Terry Branstad - 8%
Scott Walker - 8%
Buddy Roemer - 8%
Bob Ehrlich - 6%
Jeb Bush - 5%
Donald Trump - 5%
Rick Perry - 5%
Rand Paul - 4%
John Kasich - 4%
Paul Ryan - 1%
Dan Quayle - 0%
Chris Christie - 0%

Nevada GOP Primary:

Marco Rubio - 16%
Ted Cruz - 16%
Bill Haslam - 11%
Jeb Bush - 8%
Rand Paul - 8%
Bob Ehrlich - 8%
Scott Walker - 6%
John Kasich - 6%
Terry Branstad - 6%
Buddy Roemer - 5%
Donald Trump - 3%
Rick Perry - 3%
Chris Christie - 2%
Dan Quayle - 1%
Paul Ryan - 1%

Washington Democratic Primary:

Gary Locke - 30%
Bill Gates - 30%
Elizabeth Warren - 21%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 13%
Al Gore - 5%
Joe Biden - 1%

______

Remember to get your schedules and ads in!

Endorsements are coming out soon.

Thanks! Cheesy
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2015, 12:43:54 AM »

Reserved For Statement by Warren Campaign Statement
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2015, 12:47:20 AM »

I dropped 6% and 7 places nationally, 4% and 5 places in Iowa, 6% and 4 places in New Hampshire in one week? This is bull.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2015, 10:42:20 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2015, 10:54:37 AM by Oldiesfreak1854 »

Chris Christie Campaign Schedule

July 8
-Town hall in Indianola, Iowa
-Fundraser in Indianola, Iowa
-Rally in Indianola, Iowa
-Town hall in Norwalk, Iowa

July 9
-Town hall in Winterset, Iowa
-Town hall in Greenfield, Iowa
-Town hall in Atlantic, Iowa

"I understand that John Wayne was born here in Winterset, and I'm here today because America needs leaders with the same kind of courage that John Wayne had.  Leaders who face crisis head-on instead of shying away from it.  Leaders who are more concerned about results than reelection.  My record as a conservative governor in a liberal state has shown that I can get those results.  George Soros doesn't own me, Warren Buffett doesn't own me, Rupert Murdoch doesn't own me, the Koch brothers don't own me, the unions don't own me, the special interests don't own me.  I'm tired of this country being run by extremists who are squeezing the middle class and ignore their needs.  When I'm president, I won't work for them.  I will work for you, the American people."

July 10
-Town hall in Council Bluffs, Iowa
-Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, Iowa
-Rally in Council Bluffs, Iowa

July 11
-Fundraiser in Charleston, South Carolina
-Rally in Charleston, South Carolina
-Town hall in Isle of Palms, South Carolina
-Rally in North Charleston, South Carolina

July 12
-Town hall in St. George, South Carolina
-Rally in Summerville, South Carolina
-Town hall in Moncks Corner, South Carolina
-Town hall in Kingstree, South Carolina

July 13
-Town hall in Manning, South Carolina
-Town hall in St. Matthews, South Carolina
-Town hall in Cayce, South Carolina
-Town hall in Forest Acres, South Carolina

July 14
-Rally in Columbia, South Carolina
-Fundraiser in Columbia, South Carolina

Christie TV Ad
Set to air in Florida, Iowa, Michigan, Nevada, New Hampshire, & South Carolina
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »

Can we get our endorsements?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2015, 05:03:32 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2015, 12:48:00 PM by tmthforu94 »

Cruzin' in Week Two

Ted Cruz Campaign Schedule: July 8th - 14th

July 8th:Accompanied by Bob Vander Plaats
Tour of Hickory Hills Park - La Porte City, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Vinton, Iowa
Meeting with Linn County Republicans - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on KGAN CBS 2 - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Private Meeting with State Senator Bill Dix
Skype Call with former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin

Ted Cruz Speaking with Republicans in Ceder Rapids, Iowa

Thank you for having me here this evening.

I'm ready to see a Republican in the White House again!

We all know the many weaknesses of the Obama administration, so I'm going to save you all some time tonight and not harp on why he's been a poor leader. We're not going to be able to change that about him. What I am here to talk about, though, is how I'm going to lead this country for the next four years if you give me the opportunity.

As President, I understand the importance of working with both sides, but I also understand the importance of sticking up for your principles. We can't continue to compromise on issues like the debt ceiling, and we can't allow for tax hikes to occur. The way forward is to reduce government spending and CUT taxes, not raise them. President Obama has dug us in a hole deep enough that I know it will take several years to fix this mess. But with smart policies and the right leadership, I know we can do it.

My friends, tonight I'm asking you to give me a chance. I have the experience, the leadership capabilities, and the integrity to move our nation in the right direction. I look forward to continue pitching my case to you all and the rest of Iowa. Thank you, and God Bless!

July 9th:Accompanied by Congressman Steve King
Outing at Jones Park Golf Course - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Private Luncheon with Iowa Secretary of State Matt Schultz
Joint Speech with Heidi Cruz on Healthy Living at Ceder Rapids Metro YMCA - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Campaign Rally - Ceder Rapids, Iowa
Appearance on Glenn Beck

July 10th:Accompanied by Congressman Steve King
Meet and Greet - North Liberty, Iowa
Meet and Greet - Williamsburg, Iowa
Town Hall Meeting - Brooklyn, Iowa
Speaking to students at Grinnell College - Grinnell City, Iowa
Flies to Nevada
Private Meeting with Congressman Mark Amodei

Ted Cruz talking with students and supporters at Grinnell College

Thank you for having me this evening on your beautiful campus!

Eight years, ago, Barack Obama won the Iowa Caucus, then went on to win the General Election here as well largely thanks to a large and enthusiastic turnout from the youth of America. President Obama campaigned as a transformational leader, yet he has rejected transformational solutions as President, such as approving the Keystone Pipeline or allowing individuals to cross state lines to purchase health insurance. Instead of seeing transformational leadership, we've seen incompetent leadership. Many new college graduates are struggling to find work after graduation, and we have a growing debt that's going to be left to your generation to fix.

President Obama and the Democrats tout our lower unemployment, but you and I know that "the struggle is real", particularly for those just getting out of college. More and more are leaving the workforce, and with such a high competition for jobs, employers are passing over fresh college graduates for more seasoned employees. Under Obamaeconomics, many aren't even given a chance!

You deserve better than this. I'm running for the Republican nomination with the hopes of restoring this nation's economy and building a strong middle class. I want to do this by bringing substantial cuts in government spending, repealing Obamacare, and passing tax breaks for families and businesses. With the right policies, we can reduce unemloyment and get this country moving forward.

Eight years ago, the youth of Iowa lead Obama to victory. I am now asking the youth of Iowa to join my campaign, get involved, and together, let's win this caucus for America's future!

July 11th:
Meet and Greet - Summerlin, Nevada
Meet and Greet - Enterprise, Nevada
Private Meeting with Businessman Sheldon Adelson
Strategy Session with Nevada Campaign Team - Las Vegas, Nevada
Private Meeting with Congressman Joe Heck
Private Meeting with Senator Dean Heller
Flies to South Carolina

Look, Nevada should be ours - it will be a great way to boost momentum heading into Colorado and Minnesota. I'm going to plan on making a couple more stops here, but unless polling starts to look bad, we're going to expect victory here. Between the high percentage of Mormons and our strength in Las Vegas and the surrounding area, we should be okay. Plan a stop here in December, and then again right before the caucus. I like our chances. We have Dean campaigning here on my behalf as well, and hopefully we can get some local Republicans to start endorsing us as well. Thanks everyone for your help - God Bless every one of you.

We should not have issues in Nevada - Romney took the state because of his faith, but we have a lot going for us here. Republicans here are conservative with a libertarian streak, which plays into our message. We also have a high hispanic audience and will hopefully get funds from Adelson to bankroll us here. Get a strong ground game going, and we'll win Nevada. The priority is on Iowa and New Hampshire, but if we don't win either, a win here is going to be crucial for us to remain viable.

- Ted Cruz, talking with advisors in Las Vegas, Nevada

July 12th:Accompanied by Senator Tim Scott
Meet and Greet - Columbia, South Carolina
Campaign Rally - Columbia, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Sumter, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - Manning, South Carolina
Private Meeting with Congressman Joe Wilson

July 13th:Accompanied by Senator Tim Scott
Meet and Greet - Orangeburg, South Carolina
Meet and Greet - North Charleston, South Carolina
Barbecue Fundraiser - Charleston, South Carolina
Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor
Private Meeting with Congressman Mark Sanford
Flies to New Hampshire

Ted Cruz talking on FOX News
O'Reilly: Senator Cruz, what do you make of the current state of the race?
Cruz: Our message is ringing true to conservatives across our country. We had a great first week - our polls numbers are up, as is our fundraising. Our crowds are getting bigger and we're starting a real grassroots movement to put a conservative back in the White House. We still have a long way to go, but we are confident. I am excited to continue campaigning and look forward to debating with other candidates in the near future.
O'Reilly: What do you think of the other folks in the race?
Cruz: God has blessed the GOP with a great field of candidates - much more than he has the Democrats. Looking to the General Election, we need a candidate who can galvanize the base while also appealing to minority groups, an area we've been struggling with for decades. I've already worked to make progress, becoming the first hispanic to represent Texas in the United States Senate while also receiving 40% of the Hispanic vote. I can build a coalition that will win.
O'Reilly: Are you suggesting that others can't?
Cruz: Each candidate has their strengths and weaknesses. But there are other candidates who don't exactly have the best track record with minorities. Governor Ehlrich thinks he can be the voice that unites the party, yet he attempted to mislead African-American voters during his 2006 election and his 2010 campaign manager was convicted on four counts of fraud for sending out robocalls that discouraged African-Americans from voting. I don't want to win this election by suppressing the minority voice, as Ehlrich has done. I want to do it by bringing them into the fold and showing ALL Americans that conservative policies work and it is what is right for the country.
O'Reilly: On the attack, and possible on the more liberal side of the issue?
Cruz: This isn't about conservative or liberal, Bill. This is about creating a UNITED States of America. President Obama has divided this nation in so many ways and racial tension is higher than it has been in decades. We don't need another that will divide us - we need a uniter. That's what I will be.

July 14th: Accompanied by Charlie Bass
Opening of new campaign office - Grantham, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet - Newport, New Hampshire
Town Hall Meeting - Henniker, New Hampshire
Private Meeting with Former Governor Mitt Romney
It's an honor to talk with you Governor - we have a crowded field, and many in the party will be looking to you for your thoughts on the race. We're not exactly the same Republicans - you've taken a more pragmatic stance, while I've been a conservative firebrand in the Senate. But Governor, look at my record - you and I know that we can't have four more years of a Democratic president, and I can be the one who makes sure that doesn't happen. We need a candidate who can win over minority groups - I can do that...I've done it before. I'm toning down the rhetoric in the campaign - I still believe I am the best options for conservatives in the race, but also want to ensure moderates and even some leaning liberals that I can be pragmatic and reasonable. Your vote of confidence would be a huge step in doing that - with your support, I believe I can rally both moderates and conservatives behind me and unite our party.
- Ted Cruz, speaking to former GOP nominee Mitt Romney at his home in New Hampshire

Facebook Advertisement (Targeting those affiliated with conservative politicians and the Republican Party)Sad
Help reignite the promise for America. Ted Cruz for President.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2015, 05:12:51 PM »

Paul Ryan ends his campaign.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2015, 05:45:42 PM »
« Edited: August 23, 2015, 08:54:39 AM by Classic Conservative »

BRANSTAD FOR PRESIDENT
Ready for Real Change on Day One: Week Two Campaign Schedule

July 8, 2015

10:00 AM- Town Hall in Rock Rapids, Iowa
  Voter: Mr. Governor how will you support farmers across the country when you're elected President.
  Branstad: Well farmers are the backbone of America we need to loosen regulations with regards to farmers, let them choose what's best for their farm. We need to stimulate people to open farms and buy American farm products whether it's Corn, Peaches, Peanuts or Plums. America needs farmers and farmers need us.
12:00- Meet and Greet in Indianola, Iowa

"Iowa Senator Joni Ernst announces her support for Terry Branstad for President
I'm pleased today to announce my support for my governor and one of my best friends Terry Branstad! Governor Branstad has created much needed jobs here in Iowa he's allowed industry to prosper, lowered taxes and created a state and I'm happy that I support and endorse Governor Terry Branstad!!"
1:00- Meeting with Tom Latham in Clive, Iowa
Will convince him by Branstad helping Latham for over 10 years get elected their friendship spanning many years and their pushes for government reform.
3:00- Rally in Winterset, Iowa at The Birthplace of John Wayne
   "Many people don't know this story but my Mom's parents Solomon and Trudy Weismann lived 10 houses down from here, my grandma told me a story about John Wayne when he was growing up and how he had a love for God, the constitution and America. John Wayne was a true fighter for the American way, he fought with Holywood and the D.C. Mafia and won. He would really want real change and leadership on day one."
5:00 PM- Town Hall in Trear, Iowa
6:45 PM- Opening Western Iowa Campaign Headquarters in Sioux City
9:00- Fundrasier in Sioux City, Iowa

July 9, 2015

8:00 AM- Meet Voters at Tommys Ham House in Greenville, South Carolina
10:00 AM- Meeting with Mick Mulvaney
Will discuss how Branstad's a proven conservative who can win and lead will discuss 2nd Admendment and Pro-Life issues and tax reform.
12:15 PM- Town Hall in Charleston, South Carolina
1:00 PM- Visit with Victims of the AME church shooting and prayer session
3:00 PM- Meet and Greet in Florence, South Carolina
3:45 PM- Rally in Spartanburg, South Carolina
   "We need a conservative president who will take a stand in America, who will fight for freedom, lower taxes fight for the unborn and create a balanced budget Admendment to the Constutional!!!"
5:00 PM- Meeting with Henry McMaster
Will discuss his shared values and their vision to make America great again and how he will work on key issues of importance including immigration
7:00 PM- Fundraiser in Columbia, South Carolina

July 10, 2015

9:00 AM- Meeting with Congressman Joe Heck
Will discuss how he will endorse and donate to his candidacy for Senator and how he will fight for a better country and shared values
10:20 AM- Meet Voters in Carson City, Utah
11:00 AM- Town Hall in Henderson, Nevada
1:00 PM- Meeting with Steve Wynn
Will discuss shared political views and how he will help casinos and his business grow and prosper
4:00 PM- Rally on the Las Vegas Strip
  "America needs change we are sick and tired of Washington Insider and political correctness we need real change on day one that will make America great again. I urge you to join our campaign."
6:00 PM- Findraiser with 50 Millionaires

July 11, 2015

9:00 AM- Meeting with Lt. Governor Sue Ellspermann
Will discuss Branstads support for right to work and ending common core. Will say that he will enforce all federal laws regarding immigration.
10:00 AM- Meet and Greet in Ferdinand, Indiana
11:00 AM- Town Hall at Debrand Chocolatiers in Fort Wayne, Indiana
1:30 PM- Meeting with Republican Activists
2:45 PM- Town Hall in Michigan, Indiana
4:30 PM- Meeting with State Treasurer Richard Murdock
Will discuss shared pro-life values, hardwork, immigration and social issues and a cabinet position
7:00 PM- Rally at Indianapolis Convention Center

July 12, 2015

10:00 AM- Signing Repeal of Common Core bill into law.
11:30 AM- Meet and Greet in Urbandale, Iowa
1:45 PM- Town Hall in Okoboji, Iowa
Voter: Mr. Governor I'm an undecided voter what will do to stop common core across the country.
Branstad: I'm the only candidate in the race who can actually say that they have stood against Common Core. This morning I signed a new bill into law, it was a bill that got Iowa out of Common Core. There's no other governor who has done this running no one has changed the education system in their state but me.
3:00 PM- Meet and Greet in Le Mars, Iowa
5:45 PM- Rally in North Liberty, Iowa

July 13, 2015

10:00 AM- Meeting with Senator Cory Gardner
Will convince Gardner by his support for blue collar workers, small business, oil and gas and tax cuts for every American, will discuss shared values and how he can win Colorado
11:30 AM- Meet and Greet in Aurora, Colorado
12:15 PM- Town Hall in Littleton, Colorado
1:30 PM- Touring New Belgium Brewery
3:00 PM- Special Town Hall in regards to Jobs and the Economy in Colorado Springs, Colorado
    "America needs industry, we need jobs, our citizens don't have enough money to buy groceries. I want you to think how much was gas the day Barack Obama took office and how much is it now. Americans needs jobs but higher paying and better jobs we need a economy that works for you the little guy. With me as your President that will happen America will be the place that we grew up in and with your help Real Change can Happen on Day One!!!"
6:00 PM- Rally with Joni Ernst and John Thune at Red Rocks
9:45 PM- Meeting with Congressman Ken Buck in Denver, Colorado
Will discuss Tea Party and conservative values and how he can win be uniting the factions into a Conservative party and how his vision can change and revamp America.

July 14, 2015

10:00- Announcing endorsement by Senator Chuck Grassley in Muscatine, Iowa
"I've known Terry for over 40 years now he's been a true fighter for Iowa, he's been what other governors dream of being, he's really helped our state grow economically and created more partnerships across the country and world. That's why I am endorsing my friend and governor Terry Branstad!"
11:55- Town Hall in Spirit Lake, Iowa with Chuck Grassley and David Trott
1:30- Real Leadership Now Rally in Boone, Iowa with John Thune and Joni Ernst
3:00- Meeting with Greg Ganske in West Des Moines, Iowa
Will discuss long friendship and how Branstad has helped Iowa and how he supported him in his congressional races.
6:30- Meet and Greet in Keokuk, Iowa

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2015, 06:15:21 PM »

Gillibrand Ad-- Showing all lives matter

The following ad will run until Labor Day in; Iowa, South Carolina and New Hampshire.

Senator Gillibrand understands that ALL lives matter...

Which is why at this time of great peril, she will fight to reduce police violence against minorities, and address quality-of life issues for all Americans, like housing, job discrimination, the minimum wage and unfair practices by higher education that doesn't make debt grow on trees.

Paid for by Gillibrand for President 2016
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2015, 06:22:56 PM »

Ryan endorses Marco Rubio.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2015, 06:34:39 PM »

Gary Locke's first Ad, running in Washington, Iowa, and New Hampshire

" 1965, Johnson passes the Voting Rights Act expanding voting rights for all Americans."

" Thanks to Repubilcan Governors, that fundamental right is being takened away. But we are fighting back. As President, I will fight to assure that every person has a right to vote. It's time to fight back."

The Schedule will come in the next post.
Bigby
Mod_Libertarian_GOPer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: 3.74

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2015, 07:04:41 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 01:35:24 PM by Bigby »

Round 2 Schedule:

July 8th (Washington D.C.):

- Seek endorsement from Senator Shelley Moore Capito.
- Seek endorsement from Senator Richard Burr.
- Seek endorsement from Senator Jeff Sessions.
- Seek endorsement from Senator Roger Wicker.
(Haslam will meet with these Senators individually throughout the day. He will tout his performance as Governor of Tennessee and his optimistic message. Depending on which other Senators endorse him, he will also attempt to convince them at how well he can work with the legislative branch.)

July 9th (Tennessee)

- Meet with voters in Memphis.
- Meet with voters in Knoxville.
- Meet with voters in Nashville.
- Special Townhall Event at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville.

Event Theme: Governor Haslam will conduct a townhall-styled question and answer event with students at the University of Tennesee. Since he has interviewed educators last week, he will focus on the desires, needs, and concerns of the students to better shape his education platform. Students will be permitted to submit questions regarding educational policy, which he will answer. After a few rounds of questions, he will end the event with a short speech about how he has worked diligently in his state to improve education for students, particularly citing his "Tennessee Promise" and the fact that he enacted a law that enabled college students to use Hope Scholarship funds during summer semesters. He will promise to continue to defend the educational interests of students as President.

July 10th (South Carolina):

- Barnstorm in Greenville.
- Barnstorm in Rock Hill.
- Barnstorm in Columbia.
- Barnstorm in Charleston.

July 11th (Florida):

- Organize in Tallahassee.
- Meet with voters in Gainesville.
- Organize in Jacksonville.
- Meet with voters in Jacksonville.
- Economic Issues Rally in Jacksonville.

Event Theme: Governor Haslam will hold a rally open to the public in the commercial district of Jacksonville. Haslam will discuss economic issues that affect both businesses and the middle class. He will maintain a pro-free market tone, but he will also discuss reform. In accordance with his campaign's positive, hopeful, tone, he will focus on reform so America will become competitive again.

Excerpt: "America can and will be economically powerful again, with a few reforms. Businesses, small and big alike, are chafing under too many regulations. The middle class is also shrinking and suffering. We must free the American people from unfair treatment if we are to become competitive in the global economy. I have a few ideas that I believe will benefit Americans of all income brackets:

1. I will provide tax relief for working families by expanding both the Child Benefit and the Earned Income Credit.
2. I will restore industry and jobs in America by making America worthwhile to invest in. To do so, I will lower the corporate tax from 45% to 25%. However, I will also eliminate loopholes in the system that allow corporations to subvert paying the tax. They must pay their taxes like the rest of us, but eliminating the excessive corporate tax by 20% will encourage corporations to return America, which will generate wealth and jobs.
3. I will modify income tax in this nation to make it fair to all Americans. Instead of our current income tax system, I will shift to a flat tax system. People will still pay more or less depending on how much they make, but everyone will pay the same percentage of their income.

This is the economic reform that America needs in order to prosper again. Once I am President, everyone in America, whether they are poor, rich, or in between, will benefit from the reforms I have proposed. Together, our economy can and will be revived."

Governor Haslam at the Jacksonville commercial district rally.

July 12th (New York City):
- Appear on Mike Huckabee's Fox News show live.
(Haslam will discuss the state of the country with Governor Huckabee on his show. The issues that Haslam will refer to the most are religious liberties, the economy, and foreign policy.)
- Seek an endorsement from Governor Mike Huckabee.
(After the show, Haslam will discuss the Presidential race with Huckabee. He will lure Huckabee by mentioning his pro-religious liberties stance that he revealed last week and his economic reform ideas from yesterday. Finally, he will appeal to Huckabee as a fellow Governor and as a reformer.)

July 13th (Nevada):
- Organize in Carson City, Nevada.
- Seek an endorsement from Senator Dean Heller.
(Haslam will focus on a fiscally conservative message with Senator Heller. He will tout his performance as Governor and also bring up his economic talking points from his Jacksonville speech.)
- Townhall in Reno, Nevada.
- Townhall in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Barnstorm in Nye Country, Nevada.

July 14th (Georgia):
- Seek an endorsement from Lt. Governor Casey Cagle.
(Governor Haslam feels invigorated by his endorsement from Governor Deal and wants to put a lock on the South. He will tout his recent Georgian endorsements to bring Cagle into the fold.)
- Seek an endorsement from Former Senator Saxby Chambliss.
(Governor Haslam will do the same with Chambliss.)
- Seek an endorsement from Former Governor/Former Senator Zell Miller.
(Haslam will cross party lines for this one. The Governor will maintain an all-encompassing, open message. He will cite Miller's creation of HOPE in Georgia, praising him for it. This will also serve to test Haslam's chances with non-Republicans, so he will proclaim to Miller that he is willing to work across the aisle and not let party labels interfere.)

(Governor Haslam's first campaign ad coming soon!)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2015, 05:02:17 AM »
« Edited: August 22, 2015, 10:07:19 AM by Speaker Cris »

Bob Ehrlich TV AD

To air in the following states:

Bob Ehrlich speaks:

"Today, our country is facing several issues. Washington doesn't help to solve these issues.

We need a President that will stop our enemies.

We need a President that will stand up for our allies around the world.

We need a President that will fight unemployment, as I successful did in Maryland.

We need a President that will create more jobs, as I successful did during my years in Maryland.

We need a President that will balance the budget, and I did that during my governorship.

We need a President that will cut taxes and will say no to tax increases, and I did that when I was Governor.

We need a President that will make education and schools a priority, and I did that.

We need a President that will fight hard for our environment. And I did that when I was Governor of Maryland.

Current government leaders are out of touch with the American people. We need to change that. That's why I'm asking for your vote.
If I will be elected President, Washington will not be synonymous of people out of touch with reality. Washington will be synonymous of people in contact with reality, because we'll work for the American people. We'll work to make our country more safe and more prosperous.

I'm Bob Ehrlich and I approve this message."

Campaign schedule coming when endorsements for this round will be posted.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies