2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 11:19:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20
Author Topic: 2016 Interactive Presidential Election Timeline - ROUND 5  (Read 56578 times)
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: September 07, 2015, 06:58:25 PM »
« edited: September 07, 2015, 07:27:24 PM by Classic Conservative »

Branstad Campaign Schudele August-December

August

Branstad was still undergoing chemotherapy in Boston, Massachusetts at Massachusetts General Hospital, while securing key support in New Hampshire and other Northeastern states.

September

Branstad underwent chemotherapy for the first week of the month, later in the month he went back home and went to work again as Governor signing into law a bill that defunded Planned Parenthood in Iowa, signing a resolution against the United Nations and signed into a law a concealed carry law, while still pressuring the legislature to get rid of all sanctuary cities in Iowa.

October

Branstad relaunched his campaign and went on tour across Iowa becoming the first to complete a Full Grassley also doing the whole thing with Chuck Grassley he also announced his Iowa team of over 1,500 co-chairs including 56 democrats and independents. He went to New Hampshire, South Carolina, North Carolina, Ohio and many other states throughout the month

November

Branstad opened offices in all 99 counties as well as every New Hampshire and Nevada counties. He secured spots from County officials throughout Iowa as well as GOP operatives throughout Iowa, he aired attack ads on Senator Cruz and Paul asking what happened the last time we elected a one term Senator.

December

Branstad signed into law getting rid of sanctuary cities and allowed 500 Christian and Yazidi families from Iraq, Syria and Pakistan into the country and urged other governors to do the same. He went campaigning in the whole Midwest for a week as well as the Northeast and Mountain West while staying in Iowa for a week too.

Endorsement Meetings and Telephone Calls:

Rick Santorum
Mike Huckabee
Ben Carson
Ivanka Trump
Joseph Liberman
Steve Daines
Jeff Sessions
Ben Nelson
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #301 on: September 07, 2015, 07:26:45 PM »

Joe Biden "Ready" to Run Fifty-State General Campaign
[/b][/u]

A Biden aide who requested anonymity has released information. According to the aide, Biden is 'prepared and ready to run heavily throughout the South'.

Using such states as Virginia and Iowa and New Mexico as launching points, the aide claimed Biden's campaign had put together the following map:

With 108 EVs being rated as Tilt GOP, the Biden map would suggest the possibility of pushing down the GOP to 137 EVs. This author suggests it as a possibility, particularly with potential game changers and keynote speakers as Gavin Newsom, Claire McCaskill, Howard Dean, and similar possibilities.

It is only likely if Biden's southern strategy is successful in the primary. Working off the base he would have in any of the green states he won in the primaries, he would need to convince most independents and even a good part of Republicans to attain that map.

- Politico, Jan. 9, 2016

ME - 2 is Lean D while SC is toss-up? Biden needs better polling.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #302 on: September 07, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »

Joe Biden "Ready" to Run Fifty-State General Campaign
[/b][/u]

A Biden aide who requested anonymity has released information. According to the aide, Biden is 'prepared and ready to run heavily throughout the South'.

Using such states as Virginia and Iowa and New Mexico as launching points, the aide claimed Biden's campaign had put together the following map:

With 108 EVs being rated as Tilt GOP, the Biden map would suggest the possibility of pushing down the GOP to 137 EVs. This author suggests it as a possibility, particularly with potential game changers and keynote speakers as Gavin Newsom, Claire McCaskill, Howard Dean, and similar possibilities.

It is only likely if Biden's southern strategy is successful in the primary. Working off the base he would have in any of the green states he won in the primaries, he would need to convince most independents and even a good part of Republicans to attain that map.

- Politico, Jan. 9, 2016

ME - 2 is Lean D while SC is toss-up? Biden needs better polling.
I think Biden has some crappy polling agency there's now way Ohio is likely Biden and South Carolina and Alaska are tossups
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #303 on: September 07, 2015, 07:38:00 PM »

Now now, everyone, let's all be friends.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: September 08, 2015, 04:07:27 PM »

center]Joe Biden "Ready" to Run Fifty-State General Campaign[/center]A Biden aide who requested anonymity has released information. According to the aide, Biden is 'prepared and ready to run heavily throughout the South'.

- Politico, Jan. 9, 2016
[/quote]

ME - 2 is Lean D while SC is toss-up? Biden needs better polling.[/quote] No, it's representative of where Biden is willing to compete.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #305 on: September 09, 2015, 03:28:20 PM »

Biden's campaign will officially seek the following endorsements:

- Bill DeBlasio
- Howard Dean
- Jerry Brown
- Gavin Newsom
- Brian Schweitzer
- Angus King
- Ron Wyden
- Deval Patrick
- Bill Richardson
- (James Carville)
  (Vincent Sheheen)
  (Larry Pressler)

If I only need to seek support from elected officials, then my tenth slot goes to Sheheen. If I only need to seek support from statewide/federal representatives, then my tenth slot goes to Pressler.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #306 on: September 09, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »

Biden's campaign will officially seek the following endorsements:

- Bill DeBlasio
- Howard Dean
- Jerry Brown
- Gavin Newsom
- Brian Schweitzer
- Angus King
- Ron Wyden
- Deval Patrick
- Bill Richardson
- (James Carville)
  (Vincent Sheheen)
  (Larry Pressler)

If I only need to seek support from elected officials, then my tenth slot goes to Sheheen. If I only need to seek support from statewide/federal representatives, then my tenth slot goes to Pressler.
Already got Brown btw.
jojoju1998
1970vu
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #307 on: September 10, 2015, 12:43:37 PM »

Gary Locke has jumped back into the race and is headed to Minnesota to make sure that Former Vice President Walter Mondale is still supporting him.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2015, 04:00:05 PM »

Would someone as libertarian as Brown endorse Warren?

We could both seek his endorsement, and you could roll a dice on it.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2015, 04:22:02 PM »

Would someone as libertarian as Brown endorse Warren?

We could both seek his endorsement, and you could roll a dice on it.

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

He may not agree with Warren on a lot, but I think he would endorse her.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2015, 05:21:31 PM »

Jerry Brown:
- Flat tax
- Moderate on gun control
- Against nationalization of healthcare
- Pro-BBA

He's... For campaign finance reform, if you're running as Lessig.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2015, 07:58:42 PM »

Will next round start tonight?
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #312 on: September 10, 2015, 08:39:14 PM »

I finished the Round 4 polls last night, but I'm still working on typing up the other stuff. Hopefully, it will be up tonight, but I'm not sure yet, unfortunately.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting! Thank you for your patience! Smiley
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #313 on: September 10, 2015, 11:28:39 PM »

Round 4 is coming out by Friday. Like, definitely. For sure. By Friday. No later. No matter what.
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2015, 06:58:37 PM »

Terry Branstad Campaign Schedule January 3-9

January 3, 2016

9:00 AM- Meet and Greet in Britt, Iowa with Joni Ernst talk about Branstads record and how he fought for Iowan values
11:35 AM- Town Hall in Dallas Center, Iowa with Chuck Grassley
Voter: Sir, I'm an undecided voter and of Israeli descent how will you support and defend Israel and protect it.
Branstad: I'm a big supporter of Israel, in fact BB Netanyahu once said "that I'm a true friend of Israel and supports Israel in its every mean." Israel is the land of gods chosen people, God made a covenant in Genesis that you be my people and I'll be your God, the bible is truth and Israel is the land of Gods people.
Voter: Thank you Governor you have earned my support.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2015, 09:30:41 PM »

Round 4 - Introduction

Hello, all! Smiley

Sorry for the long wait, we've had a lot of interesting occurrences happen recently in the race and I had to make sure that everyone is ready for this round to begin.

Here's a reminder of what our new round schedule looks like:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As indicated, this round will cover January 10 through January 16, and is our first public debate week! Cheesy

For this round, I'd like everyone to do their weekly schedules, as well as participate in the debate (rules explained below) and add any extra campaign information (ads, speeches, etc.) if they wish to do so. I'm hoping that this round won't have to last as long as the previous one did, but it's up to you guys to make sure everything is in on time. I'd love for Round 5 to get started by next Tuesday, if everyone is okay with that.

Now, to the polls! I was sincerely impressed by everyone's quality of work this week, and I found it really hard to resist bumping everyone up by five points. Anyway, if you aren't where you'd like to be in the standings, please don't feel afraid - as long as you make sure to complete every round and explain your campaign activities thoroughly, you'll be up before you know it! Smiley If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't feel afraid to share them with me!

-------

Polls:

Nationwide GOP Primary:

Ted Cruz - 21%
Bob Ehrlich - 17%
Bill Haslam - 14%
Scott Walker - 9%
Buddy Roemer - 9%
John Kasich - 9%
Terry Branstad - 8%
Rand Paul - 7%
Chris Christie - 6%

Nationwide Democratic Primary:

Elizabeth Warren - 23%
Bill Gates - 22%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 20%
Gary Locke - 20%
Joe Biden - 15%

Iowa GOP Primary:

Terry Branstad - 22%
Ted Cruz - 22%
Bill Haslam - 16%
Scott Walker - 10%
Bob Ehrlich - 9%
John Kasich - 8%
Buddy Roemer - 6%
Rand Paul - 4%
Chris Christie - 3%

Iowa Democratic Primary:

Kirsten Gillibrand - 25%
Bill Gates - 23%
Elizabeth Warren - 18%
Gary Locke - 17%
Joe Biden - 17%

New Hampshire GOP Primary:

Bob Ehrlich - 24%
Ted Cruz - 16%
John Kasich - 16%
Chris Christie - 9%
Rand Paul - 8%
Terry Branstad - 7%
Buddy Roemer - 7%
Bill Haslam -7%
Scott Walker - 6%

New Hampshire Democratic Primary:

Elizabeth Warren - 24%
Gary Locke -23%
Bill Gates - 20%
Kirsten Gillibrand - 20%
Joe Biden - 13%

-------

Endorsements:

GOP Nomination:

John Kasich - Cory Gardner, Eric Cantor, Chris Sununu, George Allen, David Jolly.

Ted Cruz - Jean Schmidt, Paul Pate, Michelle Bachmann, Ann Coulter, Allen West.

Bob Ehrlich - Susan Collins, Paul LePage, Phillip Scott, Wayne MacDonald, Tim Pawlenty, Judd Gregg.

Bill Haslam - Mel Martinez, Wayne LaPierre.

Terry Branstad - Rick Santorum, Ivanka Trump, Steve Daines.

Buddy Roemer - Gary Johnson, Richard Baker, John Alario, Jay Dardenne, Paul Hardy, Karen Kwiatkowski, David Luneau.

Democratic Nomination:

Elizabeth Warren - Bernie Sanders, Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Bill Gluba.

Kirsten Gillibrand - Wendy Davis, Shirley Franklin, Kasim Reed, Michael Gronstal, Kathleen Rice, John Hickenlooper, George Mitchell.

Joe Biden - James Carville, Bill Richardson, Ron Wyden, Angus King, Brian Schweitzer, Howard Dean, Bill DeBlasio.

(Note 1: The following figures have withheld their endorsements for now, meaning that they have not necessarily rejected the offers presented to them, but have merely decided that they will wait until a later date to decide who they will endorse. These people are Jerry Brown, Harry Reid, Rahm Emanuel, Tom Daschle, Mike Huckabee, and Ben Carson.)

(Note 2: In the future, I would really appreciate it if everyone could include a clear, concise list of the endorsements that they are seeking each round at the end of each schedule post. This way, I will be able to calculate endorsements faster and make sure not to miss any of your requests accidentally. Thanks! Smiley)

-------

News

As Iowa approaches, the 2016 race can only get more interesting, with campaigns, speeches, ads, debates, attacks, and controversies flying left and right. In the GOP, the last few months have had little effect over overall national polling numbers, though the primary race is sure to expect more and more change as the first electoral contests approach. While Ted Cruz, Bob Ehrlich, and Bill Haslam seem to remain the front runners of the nomination race, other candidates are quickly gaining momentum, with Scott Walker's impressive performance in a debate against Democratic candidate Elizabeth Warren and Terry Branstad's reentry in the race after dropping out due to a cancer diagnosis being some of the most notable events.

Meanwhile, on the Democratic side, the last few months have seen at least one major change in the polls, with Democratic candidate and current Vice President Joe Biden soaring impressively after resuming an active campaign. However, candidates Bill Gates, Elizabeth Warren, Kirsten Gillibrand, and Gary Locke remain at the front of the field, with each garnering around twenty percent of the nation's Democratic primary voters.

This week, one of the most noticeable events will be public primary debates in both of the parties, with political analysts and pundits expecting the debate results to have a large effect on both national and statewide polling numbers. Now is more than important than ever for each candidate to boost their campaign activity, as the results of this week's debate and candidate activities may determine the results of the upcoming Iowa and New Hampshire contests.

-------

Debate:

The debate rules and questions will be announced either tomorrow or Sunday.

-------

Conclusion:

Once more, I'd like to thank everyone in the game for participating, and must reiterate once more that all of your work is pretty impressive. Smiley Remember that a good schedule can do miracles for your polling numbers, and also make sure to contact me with any questions, comments, or concerns you may have.

Thanks! Cheesy
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #316 on: September 12, 2015, 11:35:48 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2015, 11:38:05 AM by tmthforu94 »

Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #317 on: September 12, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »

^ Has Trump endorsed you?
If not, I don't think you can tweet as Trump.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #318 on: September 12, 2015, 12:10:52 PM »

^ Has Trump endorsed you?
If not, I don't think you can tweet as Trump.
I'm aware of the rules - yes he has.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #319 on: September 12, 2015, 03:09:50 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2015, 11:53:57 AM by Kingpoleon »

The Joe Biden campaign seeks the following endorsements:

- Barack Obama
Rallies in Washington, D. C.
- Michael Johnston, Mayor
Rallies in Charleston, First District
- Claire McCaskill
Rallies/Barnstorming Southern Iowa
- Jim Hodges
Barn storms S. C.
- Tom Vilsack
Rally in Des Moines, Sioux City
- Evan Bayh
Rally in Manchester & Concord
- Michael Bloomberg
Fundraiser in NYC
- Martin O'Malley
Rallies in Iowa, South Carolina, Nevada
- Cory Booker
Rally in S. C.
- Mike Gravel
"Joe Biden is running a socially left-wing campaign and includes promises for Medicaid expansions to states. However, he understands the libertarian principle of fiscal responsibility and pledges to work with Clinton financial officials to institute a fiscally responsible balanced budget."

OOC: I will release a schedule later and some ads. If Kasich's player would PM me, I would gladly work with him to gather a rough draft to be presented to the other attendants.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2015, 05:43:11 PM »

- Barack Obama
- John Hickenlooper
Rally in Colorado

- Jim Hodges
Barn storms S. C.
- Tom Vilsack
- Maggie Hassan
- Michael Bloomberg
Fundraiser in NYC
- Martin O'Malley
- Andrew Cuomo
"Re-unite NYDP from Albany to New York City."
- Mike Gravel
"Joe Biden is running a socially left-wing campaign and includes promises for Medicaid expansions to states. However, he understands the libertarian principle of fiscal responsibility and pledges to work with Clinton financial officials to institute a fiscally responsible balanced budget."

OOC: I will release a schedule later and some ads. If Kasich's player would PM me, I would gladly work with him to gather a rough draft to be presented to the other attendants.

I've got Hickenlooper.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2015, 05:45:21 PM »

- Barack Obama
- John Hickenlooper
Rally in Colorado

- Jim Hodges
Barn storms S. C.
- Tom Vilsack
- Maggie Hassan
- Michael Bloomberg
Fundraiser in NYC
- Martin O'Malley
- Andrew Cuomo
- Mike Gravel

I've got Hickenlooper.

...And Warren has Hassan. Please do remember to check your endorsement requests before you post them to make sure they haven't been taken yet, but feel free to edit your list so you can request ten again. Thanks! Cheesy
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2015, 05:49:36 PM »

I fixed all of it. Could I deploy my previous endorsers also?

/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »

I fixed all of it. Could I deploy my previous endorsers also?

Of course! Smiley
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2015, 06:02:29 PM »

- Barack Obama
- John Hickenlooper
Rally in Colorado

- Jim Hodges
Barn storms S. C.
- Tom Vilsack
- Maggie Hassan
- Michael Bloomberg
Fundraiser in NYC
- Martin O'Malley
- Andrew Cuomo
- Mike Gravel

I've got Hickenlooper.

...And Warren has Hassan. Please do remember to check your endorsement requests before you post them to make sure they haven't been taken yet, but feel free to edit your list so you can request ten again. Thanks! Cheesy

Just realized I've also got Cuomo too...whoops.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies