Weekly presidential press conference
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:24:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Weekly presidential press conference
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weekly presidential press conference  (Read 2757 times)
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2004, 06:00:53 PM »

The President's press conference will now commence. The President is in the room and taking questions.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 06:08:39 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2004, 06:10:17 PM by ShapeShifter »

Mr. President, do you have any plans for endorsements for the upcoming midterm elections?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 06:13:20 PM »

I do, and those will be announced within the next few days.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 06:13:44 PM »

Mr. President, what would you say to recent polls that show that people clearly trust Gov. Supersoulty more than you to handle defense issues?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 06:15:30 PM »

Mr. President,

Your party has already closed filing for its presidential nominee, and held one of its three primaries BEFORE THE MIDTERM ELECTIONS.  Do you think the presidential campaign season should be this long?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »

Mr. President, how do feel with polls showing that if the election were today, Supersoulty would beat you in a landslide?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 06:16:00 PM »

I look forward to having a healthy debate over defense issues over the course of the campaign. I feel that the people will get the opportunity to see clearly the differences between me and my opponent, whomever it may be. I feel confident that the recent success in the War on Trolls will resonate with the people.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 06:17:46 PM »

What do you think about people violating the constitution and stealing others rights?
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 06:18:02 PM »

Mr. President,
Specifically, what do you think is the best strategy (or strategies) for discouraging trolls on this forum?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 06:19:04 PM »

NickG--

Given that there was a widespread lack of interest in anyone else running for the nomination, I do not feel that the early primaries were a problem. I would encourage our party chairman to consider, for future elections, revising this, if there is deemed to be a demand within the party for later primary dates.

Reaganfan--

I am confident that the people will make the best choice for President, whomever that may be. It is very early in the campaign and I don't put much stock in polls at this point. Once the citizens of the Atlas Forum are given the full opportunity to hear from both candidates and consider my record as President, I have full faith in them to make the right choice.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 06:21:28 PM »

I do not favor violations of the Constitution or stealing rights; however, if you referring to any specific events, it would be helpful for you to more clearly express what you mean.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 06:22:27 PM »

Mr. President, can you please comment on a thread that was created outside of the Fantasy election board

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=2218

Would this be consider campaigning?
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 06:22:34 PM »

Mr President,

There currently seems to be no progress on the ratification of a constitution. When will the Administration produce a "final version" of Constitution, and will there be time for it to be ratified before the elections of April 23?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

Shapeshifter--

I would not consider that to be an appropriate thread, as it should have been posted in the Fantasy elections portion of the Forum. I will strongly encourage Forum Moderator Gustaf to work with Dave Leip to move this to the appropriate board.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 06:27:38 PM »

Emsworth--

Forum Affairs Sec. Demrepdan will have a final version done by tomorrow, and there will be a timetable of one week for ratification of the Constitution.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 06:28:59 PM »

Emsworth--

Forum Affairs Sec. Demrepdan will have a final version done by tomorrow, and there will be a timetable of one week for ratification of the Constitution.

Mr. President, does the old version stands for now?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2004, 06:33:41 PM »

NickG-

I think the best strategy is to assess each alleged "troll" on a case by case basis, and determine the ratio of "troll" posts to "substanitive" posts, and then take the case to the Forum Moderator and the Atlas Supreme Court. Any citizen who thinks that someone is a troll can make their case directly to me, the Forum Moderator, and then eventually if there is a dispute, the Supreme Court. We will, however, be ever vigilant in looking out for trolls, and we will not tolerate overt trolling in the Forum that is unaccompanied by any substanitive posts in a Nym90 administration.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2004, 06:40:28 PM »

(This inquiry is for information only.)

Will the President please indicate the names of the individuals who hold any White House offices (such as Chief of Staff)?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2004, 06:47:10 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2004, 06:56:29 PM by Nym90 »

Shapeshifter--

For now, there is no formal constitution, but as I said, that will be different (pending ratification) in a week.

The following is the list of formal positions within the administration--

President--Nym90
Vice President--Harry
Sec. of State--Gustaf
Sec. of Defense--Dunn
Attorney General--MAS117
Sec. of Forum Affairs--Demrepdan
Sec. of Labor--Al
Chief of Staff--Christopher Michael
Press Secretary--of_thisnation
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2004, 06:49:07 PM »

I do not favor violations of the Constitution or stealing rights; however, if you referring to any specific events, it would be helpful for you to more clearly express what you mean.

Okay, what about people like Dunn saying that Apostle isn't "registered," when he met all the post requirements, the avatar requirement, and officially registered in the register thread.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2004, 06:52:31 PM »

If he met all of the requirements as explicitly laid out in the Constitution, then he should qualify.  If you have a grievance as to this matter, I would urge you (and he) to take it up with the Atlas Supreme Court, which will be functional as soon as the Senate ratifies the appointments after the midterms.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2004, 06:57:36 PM »

If he met all of the requirements as explicitly laid out in the Constitution, then he should qualify.  If you have a grievance as to this matter, I would urge you (and he) to take it up with the Atlas Supreme Court, which will be functional as soon as the Senate ratifies the appointments after the midterms.

Mr. President, is there a constitution or not? I am getting confused, one minute there is not, one minute there is. Then, Mr. President, by what rules shall we run on for the midterms elections next week?
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2004, 07:00:12 PM »

As I said, a final version will be done tomorrow, and ratified within a week. Though the constitution is not yet formally ratified, the key provisions have been agreed to by informal vote of the members of the Forum, and I see no reason to not uphold the will of the people that will be expressed in the Midterms.
ShapeShifter

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2004, 07:00:58 PM »

As I said, a final version will be done tomorrow, and ratified within a week. Though the constitution is not yet formally ratified, the key provisions have been agreed to by informal vote of the members of the Forum, and I see no reason to not uphold the will of the people that will be expressed in the Midterms.

Thank You for the clarification, Mr. President.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2004, 07:20:13 PM »

As there do not seem to be any more questions coming in, this week's Press Conference is now closed. Thanks to all who attended.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies