Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:34:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 ... 144
Author Topic: Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2  (Read 28502 times)
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3175 on: February 28, 2011, 04:56:15 PM »

Does this job give you health insurance?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #3176 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »

Yes, it does, full medical, dental, vision.  I will be eligible for 401(k) matching starting next January.  I can contribute to my 401(k) now, but the company will start matching up to 5% on January 21, 2012.

Starting April 1, I will be paying just $17.xx before taxes for my insurance.  That's down from $33.05 where it's at right now.  The difference is the company will pick up the bulk of the tab for the medical starting April 1.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3177 on: February 28, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »

Yes, it does, full medical, dental, vision.  I will be eligible for 401(k) matching starting next January.  I can contribute to my 401(k) now, but the company will start matching up to 5% on January 21, 2012.

Starting April 1, I will be paying just $17.xx before taxes for my insurance.  That's down from $33.05 where it's at right now.  The difference is the company will pick up the bulk of the tab for the medical starting April 1.

What the hell kind of horrific insurance do you have if the cost is $33.05 a month without the company picking up much??

Also what happens with you Direct TV contract if you lose your job?  Would you be on the hook for the $200 a month?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3178 on: February 28, 2011, 05:46:28 PM »

Is there some way you can trade in the TV service for better health insurance? Because Smash is right that whatever health insurance only costs that much is probably pretty terrible.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #3179 on: February 28, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »

I will be getting my free DIRECTV service installed this Wednesday morning between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm.  I say it's free, but in reality it is HEAVILY discounted.  I will be getting their highest package which includes all the HBO's, Showtime's, Starz, and all the other premium channels as well as their MLB Extra Innings, NFL Sunday Ticket (if there is NFL 2011), NBA League Pass, NHL Center Ice, and NASCAR Hot Pass, which is easily an $800-$1000 value all for about $6.00 a month.

Okay I understand all the sports ones except the NASCAR one. All of their races are on either network TV or basic cable. So what does the NASCAR hot pass offer?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3180 on: February 28, 2011, 06:04:59 PM »

Also what happens with you Direct TV contract if you lose your job? 

Mom and Dad get to pay.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3181 on: February 28, 2011, 06:20:10 PM »

I don't get why BushOK even gets health insurance anyway. It's a gigantic waste of money unless you're an old or have a pre-existing condition and are the type of person who'd be denied it pre-Obama.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #3182 on: February 28, 2011, 06:33:38 PM »

Nascar HotPass is free now on DirecTV. I guess they realized no one would actually pay for that crap. All it is is additional cameras at the track, inside cars, etc.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3183 on: February 28, 2011, 06:41:01 PM »

Nascar HotPass is free now on DirecTV. I guess they realized no one would actually pay for that crap. All it is is additional cameras at the track, inside cars, etc.

Oh so the type of thing only someone like BushOK would care about.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #3184 on: February 28, 2011, 06:45:23 PM »

this super duper tv package isnt going to help you lose weight, bushie.  youll be spending more and more time snacking in front of the tv....
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3185 on: February 28, 2011, 06:55:23 PM »

I don't get why BushOK even gets health insurance anyway. It's a gigantic waste of money unless you're an old or have a pre-existing condition and are the type of person who'd be denied it pre-Obama.

Not to be needlessly grim, but BushOK's lifestyle is a medical emergency waiting to happen.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3186 on: February 28, 2011, 06:58:27 PM »

Then again he believes that a stomach ache going away is a miracle...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3187 on: February 28, 2011, 07:48:56 PM »

Very Republican of you......
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3188 on: February 28, 2011, 07:51:55 PM »

Not all medical conditions are predictable. It's good to have coverage in case the sh!t hits the fan.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3189 on: February 28, 2011, 07:54:16 PM »

Uh, I supported Obamacare and noted that the only people who need it were denied pre-Obamacare. The thing is that the cost of health insurance for me would be way way way higher than my medical bills are without it.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3190 on: February 28, 2011, 07:56:12 PM »

The thing is that the cost of health insurance for me would be way way way higher than my medical bills are without it.

How exactly do you know this in advance?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3191 on: February 28, 2011, 07:56:59 PM »

It's been rather true for the past three years.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3192 on: February 28, 2011, 08:02:26 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2011, 08:03:58 PM by Smash255 »

Uh, I supported Obamacare and noted that the only people who need it were denied pre-Obamacare. The thing is that the cost of health insurance for me would be way way way higher than my medical bills are without it.

Many more people need health insurance than just those who were denied pre-existing conditions.  If something were to happen to you, without any health coverage you woulld be screwed.  Casing point my cousin, in 07 or 08 had a Kidney Stone attack and also wound up with another medical issue.  At the time she had no coverage, not because she was denied it due to a pre-existing coverage, but due to the fact her job didn't offer it and she couldn't afford it on her own.  She wound up $30,000 + in debt.  So not only was the healthcare plan needed for those with pre-existing conditions, but it was also needed for those who currently can't afford coverage, because if something were to happen, they would be screwed.

As a side note, it seems like Bushie's coverage is horrific, so if something happened, he would be screwed as well.

The idea that someone doesn't want Insurance or doesn't need it is a VERY VERY Republican ideal.
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3193 on: February 28, 2011, 08:05:41 PM »

Many more people need health insurance than just those who were denied pre-existing conditions.  If something were to happen to you, without any health coverage you woulld be screwed.  Casing point my cousin, in 07 or 08 had a Kidney Stone attack and also wound up with another medical issue.  At the time she had no coverage, not because she was denied it due to a pre-existing coverage, but due to the fact her job didn't offer it and she couldn't afford it on her own.  She wound up $30,000 + in debt.  So not only was the healthcare plan needed for those with pre-existing conditions, but it was also needed for those who currently can't afford coverage, because if something were to happen, they would be screwed.

As a side note, it seems like Bushie's coverage is horrific, so if something happened, he would be screwed as well.

I think BRTD would not be a happy camper if he happened to pop his shoulder out at Dude fest.

A girlfriend of mine has had to have a couple of Kidney stone surgeries. It would have cost her ten of thousands as well- she is still on the hook for several grand.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3194 on: February 28, 2011, 08:07:10 PM »

So you're claiming the fact you've been healthy the last 3 years means you can safely assume you won't be having any medical problems in the future?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3195 on: February 28, 2011, 08:10:38 PM »

Well I can afford it easily and willingly do not buy it. I not only spend more money each month on records, I probably spend more counting only records I don't even listen to because I just use the download code and listen to the mp3s that I could download for free anyway and/or sometimes already own but as a different color or pressing than health insurance would cost me. But it's not worth it to pay $20 for a clinic visit instead of $60.

So you're claiming the fact you've been healthy the last 3 years means you can safely assume you won't be having any medical problems in the future?

Once I'm an old I'm sure that won't be the case. But by then the mandate will make that moot. I support the mandate as you all know too.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3196 on: February 28, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »

Are you really this dense or are you just acting? You don't think it's possible for you to get any sudden health problems that have the potential to bankrupt you? Only old people get sick? Is that what you're saying?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3197 on: February 28, 2011, 08:21:53 PM »

Are you really this dense or are you just acting? You don't think it's possible for you to get any sudden health problems that have the potential to bankrupt you? Only old people get sick? Is that what you're saying?

BRTD has gone full fledged Republican and Libertarian with the young healthy people don't need health insurance style of thinking.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3198 on: February 28, 2011, 08:25:26 PM »

BRTD has gone full fledged Republican and Libertarian with the young healthy people don't need health insurance style of thinking.

But I support Obamacare.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3199 on: February 28, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 ... 144  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies