Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 06, 2024, 07:24:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 ... 144
Author Topic: Re: An update on the life of your in-house Reverend :) 2  (Read 28576 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2175 on: December 28, 2010, 12:20:50 PM »

The job search may be drawing to a close!!!

I just received a phone call and e-mail from Advantage Staffing from Tulsa on behalf of Cox Communications about the possible employment opportunity that they had called me about a couple weeks ago.  I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 10:00 am and I should know their decision on the spot.  Then, if I'm hired I will fill out the paperwork then and start Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 8:00 am.  It's about a 17 mile drive.  Again, the pay is $11.00 an hour to start on a 90-day temp-to-hire basis.  This would put it toward the beginning of April for permanent hiring.

This would be an awesome way to begin the new year!!
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2176 on: December 28, 2010, 01:17:55 PM »

You went to two of the greatest cities in the country and that made you want to move to two of the worst?  That's like wanting to get a car after seeing an Aston Martin on the road and deciding on a Miata.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2177 on: December 28, 2010, 01:21:06 PM »

I'd rather live in Kabul than Jacksonville.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2178 on: December 28, 2010, 01:35:15 PM »

Phoenix and Jacksonville are almost as awful as Oklahoma. Probably a bit less depressing, but still miserable.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2179 on: December 28, 2010, 01:47:26 PM »

I just received a phone call and e-mail from Advantage Staffing from Tulsa on behalf of Cox Communications about the possible employment opportunity that they had called me about a couple weeks ago.  I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 10:00 am and I should know their decision on the spot.  Then, if I'm hired I will fill out the paperwork then and start Thursday, January 6, 2011 at 8:00 am.  It's about a 17 mile drive.  Again, the pay is $11.00 an hour to start on a 90-day temp-to-hire basis.  This would put it toward the beginning of April for permanent hiring.

hoping it works out for you, BushOK.  If you're hired, be the first to arrive and the last to leave every day you can, learn as much about the business as possible, don't be afraid to take on responsibilities.  That's the way to move up and build your career.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2180 on: December 28, 2010, 06:19:48 PM »

hoping it works out for you, BushOK.  If you're hired, be the first to arrive and the last to leave every day you can, learn as much about the business as possible, don't be afraid to take on responsibilities.  That's the way to move up and build your career.

Thanks, jm!!  I'm really looking forward to the paychecks!!!  It doesn't start off astronomically high, but it will be sufficient and sure is a heck of a lot better than $0.00.  The good news is I need to go to the doctor sometime in February or March at the latest and I will have benefits at least by February.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2181 on: December 28, 2010, 06:58:58 PM »

Because of the interview on Tuesday, I will put the job search on pause until I find out the answer, which should be at the interview.  If the answer is yes, then of course the job search will not get started and if the answer is no, then I will resume the job search on Wednesday.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2182 on: December 28, 2010, 08:13:43 PM »

Tell us about McDonalds (and explain why you're there.....you're not supposed to eat fast food)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2183 on: December 28, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »

Tell us about McDonalds (and explain why you're there.....you're not supposed to eat fast food)

Oh yeah, McDonalds.  I went there for breakfast this morning and just as I was chewing my first bite of the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit, a nice, big, nasty nose bleed erupted.  Thankfully, I had napkins for the food with me, but it took a while to get it stopped.  I was so very embarrased.  I know there's no good time and place for a nose bleed, but did it really have to choose the middle of a restaurant when people were trying to eat?Huh

I know I'm not supposed to eat fast food, but I just gave in.

Of course, it's been extremely dry here recently.  We haven't any real big rain since the flooding way back in June.  We are in a strengthening drought.  I get nose bleeds on a fairly frequent basis anyway, and this was just the prime opportunity for one to come.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2184 on: December 28, 2010, 08:54:11 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2010, 08:56:35 PM by Citizen King »

Phoenix/Jacksonville is a step in the right direction.  They are both cesspools of horribleness, but not as much as Oklahoma City.  I say go to Jacksonville, get your feet wet, and then go to a real city nearby.

Although, it is hilarious that a trip to Philadelphia and Boston would make you consider Phoenix and Jacksonville.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2185 on: December 28, 2010, 09:09:21 PM »

Phoenix/Jacksonville is a step in the right direction.  They are both cesspools of horribleness, but not as much as Oklahoma City.  I say go to Jacksonville, get your feet wet, and then go to a real city nearby.

Although, it is hilarious that a trip to Philadelphia and Boston would make you consider Phoenix and Jacksonville.

It made me want to me get out of Oklahoma, but not to heck holes such as Philly and Boston.  Oklahoma is far better a place than any northeastern city.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2186 on: December 28, 2010, 09:10:08 PM »

Phoenix/Jacksonville is a step in the right direction.  They are both cesspools of horribleness, but not as much as Oklahoma City.  I say go to Jacksonville, get your feet wet, and then go to a real city nearby.

It made me want to me get out of Oklahoma, but not to heck holes such as Philly and Boston.  Oklahoma is far better a place than any northeastern city.

Boston's a hell hole?  Have you been there?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2187 on: December 28, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »

Yes, I have, spent 4 LOOOONNNNNGGG weeks there, especially in Waltham at Bentley College driving back and forth several times to Harvard Square and Logan Airport.

Both are very beautiful and historic cities, but it's the fact that they are extremely liberal for the most part sickens me.  If either city had just a few more conservatives, they would be fine cities.  I would take Philadelphia over Boston any day and probably Boston over New York.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #2188 on: December 28, 2010, 09:14:30 PM »

Yes, I have, spent 4 LOOOONNNNNGGG weeks there, especially in Waltham at Bentley College driving back and forth several times to Harvard Square and Logan Airport.

Both are very beautiful and historic cities, but it's the fact that they are extremely liberal for the most part sickens me.  If either city had just a few more conservatives, they would be fine cities.  I would take Philadelphia over Boston any day and probably Boston over New York.

Jacksonville is the worst city in the U.S., bar none.......
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2189 on: December 28, 2010, 09:16:18 PM »

Yeah, I know its tough when you see more than 10 cars on the road at the time, but ya know.. the Northeast has more to offer than Oklahoma. Like, civilization.
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2190 on: December 28, 2010, 09:16:56 PM »

Because of the interview on Tuesday, I will put the job search on pause until I find out the answer, which should be at the interview.  If the answer is yes, then of course the job search will not get started and if the answer is no, then I will resume the job search on Wednesday.

do NOT put your job search on pause....better to have 10 possibilities than none
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2191 on: December 28, 2010, 09:21:04 PM »

Phoenix/Jacksonville is a step in the right direction.  They are both cesspools of horribleness, but not as much as Oklahoma City.  I say go to Jacksonville, get your feet wet, and then go to a real city nearby.

It made me want to me get out of Oklahoma, but not to heck holes such as Philly and Boston.  Oklahoma is far better a place than any northeastern city.

Boston's a hell hole?  Have you been there?

Both are very beautiful and historic cities, but it's the fact that they are extremely liberal for the most part sickens me.  If either city had just a few more conservatives, they would be fine cities.  I would take Philadelphia over Boston any day and probably Boston over New York.

Jacksonville is the worst city in the U.S., bar none.......

It is actually a very beautiful city.  Decent politics, decent football team, easy driving distance from Cape Canaveral, Kennedy Space Center, Daytona Beach, and Disney World, as well as places in Georgia and South Carolina.  It avoids a lot of the hurricanes that the rest of Florida is plagued with due to the curve inland of the Georgia coast and usually only gets hit from storms that come in through Tampa and have weakened substantially.  The humidity in the summer time would bother me, but it's a pretty nice city.  Granted, I've only been there at Christmas in 2004, 2006, and 2010.

Phoenix is a Republican city, but not too conservative, and has one of the fastest growing job markets in the country.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #2192 on: December 28, 2010, 09:35:48 PM »

Ever consider moving to Michigan, we need people. Were the only state that lost people. The Detroit area is nice. It's better than Phoenix, Jacksonville or Oklahoma City.  Also Whats so bad about Jacksonville, I don't think it's anything special but is it really bad. Of course I wouldn't live there, but personally I don't want to live in the south (too hot).
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2193 on: December 28, 2010, 09:38:43 PM »

Ever consider moving to Michigan, we need people.

Catchy slogan.
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2194 on: December 28, 2010, 09:41:46 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2010, 10:55:36 PM by Assemblyman & Queen Mum Inks.LWC »

Who gives a sh**t what the voting habits of a city are?  God, that is literally the most idiotic, annoying thing I have ever heard.  There are more Republicans in Manhattan than anywhere in the country.  It's completely, flat-out STUPID to base a life decision on irrelevant political crap.  There is absolutely nothing about Boston being known for its liberal tendencies that would affect your life in any noticeable way AT ALL.  That moronic mentality is really the only thing on this board that gets to me on a huge level.  It's so truly, wholly, and inexcusably stupid.

Almost as stupid as that is waiting to hear from one job prospect before applying for another.

You're just lost, I'm afraid.  Totally beyond help in acquiring any semblance of sense.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #2195 on: December 28, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »

"It is actually a very beautiful city.  Decent politics, decent football team, easy driving distance . "

They may not be in Jacksonville for much longer.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2196 on: December 28, 2010, 09:50:11 PM »

I think Bushie should consider Bakersfield.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #2197 on: December 28, 2010, 09:56:38 PM »
« Edited: December 28, 2010, 09:59:51 PM by 9iron »

well if you want a decent football team don't move to Detroit. Although people here still love football. Michigan is a great state, yeah it's at a low point right now and the economy is pretty bad, but hopefully it will only get better.  Politically Michigan is quite diverse.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2198 on: December 28, 2010, 10:07:11 PM »

Please stop with all of your drama and bitching, Fezzy. You're turning a civil conversation into another nasty tantrum.
Waaaah, just shut up already, bitch.  No one cares what you have to say.
Wow. Too much to drink during the game?

Yup, you're right, Phil.  Keep going, never stop smearing.  You're gonna win that campaign someday.

Dude, you've come out swinging tonight and for no reason. But I guess I ought to take a lesson from you when it comes to debating: go on a delusional rant and lock threads to end debate so you can have the last word.

He's come out swingin' alright, but he's missed!!!  Swing-and-a-miss!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2199 on: December 28, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »

Please stop with all of your drama and bitching, Fezzy. You're turning a civil conversation into another nasty tantrum.
Waaaah, just shut up already, bitch.  No one cares what you have to say.
Wow. Too much to drink during the game?

Yup, you're right, Phil.  Keep going, never stop smearing.  You're gonna win that campaign someday.

Dude, you've come out swinging tonight and for no reason. But I guess I ought to take a lesson from you when it comes to debating: go on a delusional rant and lock threads to end debate so you can have the last word.

He's come out swingin' alright, but he's missed!!!  Swing-and-a-miss!!!

Don't worry. Mommy and Daddy will just buy him the game.

God will guide his swing!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 ... 144  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies