South: Anti-Strategic Registration Amendment
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:49:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South: Anti-Strategic Registration Amendment
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South: Anti-Strategic Registration Amendment  (Read 775 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 31, 2015, 02:56:28 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Speaker PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 02:58:36 AM »

This mitigates the ability of folks to come in at the last minute to try to influence our region's elections. It is important to have this to protect the democratic process of the South and federal elections have a similar provision.

BTW, this is the last bill in the queue. Since darthebearnc and Spiral are new to this region's government, I encourage them both to go ahead and propose bills. Smiley
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 01:59:39 AM »

This last April was pretty interesting here in the South.

I obviously support the bill. A similar law exists in my old home region of the Mideast and I thought all the regions had it, but I guess not.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 05:57:28 AM »

This seems like a fairly good idea. I've was reading one of the flame war threads in the forum community section, and it seems like unfair region migrating for the sole purpose of influencing elections is a pretty big issue. It has my support. Cheesy

I've been PMing Flo a lot, and we were talking about quite a few ideas that I thought should be discussed:

- All of the other regions have a "Vital Civic Information Thread" except for the South. Flo said he will be working on it but I think we should definitely get it done soon.

-Is there any sort of general discussion thread for the Southern Legislature where we can talk about potential legislation/government actions before formally introducing them? I have a lot of pieces of significant legislation in mind and want to see them introduced, but I'm afraid they might be quite stupid and want to run them by informally before introducing them for good.

Thanks
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 06:37:52 AM »

I completely support this bill, and it'd be good so no more people join an hour before the election to become citizens Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2015, 11:38:42 PM »

Glad to hear my colleagues like this one too. I'll be opening the final vote now.

This seems like a fairly good idea. I've was reading one of the flame war threads in the forum community section, and it seems like unfair region migrating for the sole purpose of influencing elections is a pretty big issue. It has my support. Cheesy

I've been PMing Flo a lot, and we were talking about quite a few ideas that I thought should be discussed:

- All of the other regions have a "Vital Civic Information Thread" except for the South. Flo said he will be working on it but I think we should definitely get it done soon.

-Is there any sort of general discussion thread for the Southern Legislature where we can talk about potential legislation/government actions before formally introducing them? I have a lot of pieces of significant legislation in mind and want to see them introduced, but I'm afraid they might be quite stupid and want to run them by informally before introducing them for good.

Thanks

Let's use this thread for discussion. It was originally our thread for all business and later was used for administrative business. I think it would be good to talk things over in there.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 12:30:19 AM »

Aye
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2015, 06:46:18 AM »

Aye
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2015, 06:46:57 AM »

And thanks to Flo for the Vital Civic Info Thread & PiT for the general discussion thread! Cheesy
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 03:11:08 AM »

Aye. This amendment has passed the Legislature.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 09:26:50 PM »

x Flo
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2015, 10:17:12 PM »

So does being passed by the Legislature alone apply to amendments to the regional Constitution as well? I rather liked letting the electorate also vote on it.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2015, 08:13:04 AM »

So does being passed by the Legislature alone apply to amendments to the regional Constitution as well? I rather liked letting the electorate also vote on it.

But what if the opposition uses strategic registration to defeat the anti-strategic registration amendment?

#mindbroken
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2015, 03:15:36 AM »

But what if the opposition uses strategic registration to defeat the anti-strategic registration amendment?

#mindbroken

That would be quite the turn of events.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies