2014-2028: The Just Beginning Golden Age
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 12:03:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2014-2028: The Just Beginning Golden Age
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Poll
Question: Which ticket do you support?
Haslam/Rubio

Castro/Edwards

Reagan/Richards

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: 2014-2028: The Just Beginning Golden Age  (Read 16573 times)
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 07, 2015, 02:24:29 PM »

2021 and 2022:

The first half of President Walker's second term was fairly calm and prosperous.  The economy continued to be very healthy and having a strong military seemed to mean peace throughout the world.  In January of 2022, the Congress and Presidency passed a completely balanced budget for the first time in recent memory, with the stipulation that there will be a surplus going forward to begin repaying debts.  With the abortion and gay marriage fights now both in the past, there continued to be strongly different values within America, but there was little controversial legislation to pass for the time being.  A few independent-minded states continued to legalize marijuana, and Colorado passed a resolution to put the legalization of cocaine on the ballot for 2022, but that was about it.  A national First Amendment Defense Act was passed after years of fighting about who had to accept and be involved with gay marriages.

The USA Freedom Act was updated in a way to make it read a bit more like the Patriot Act did in the past, upsetting some Libertarians.  However, it seemed like President Walker and Vice President Haslam responded to the close 2020 election by having a very successful, but rather uncontroversial couple of years.  Puerto Rico decided to have another referendum in 2022.  But, with the economy doing well even there, people do not seem that motivated for change, and a substantial independence faction has grown.

The President's approval rating stands at 61%, compared to 33% who disapprove in this prosperous period.  Congress has its highest approval rating in decades, break-even at 48% approving and 48% disapproving.  Three-in-four Americans believe we are heading down the right track.

Pundits expect the midterms to be a bloodbath for Democrats due to the popular president and a consistent inability for Democrats to get a strong turnout in midterm elections.  Republicans are targeting the open seat in Colorado, heavily, but the map is not favorable for them, virtually maxed-out after waves in 2010 and 2016.  Democrats are targeting Senators Johnson and Kirk, but neither race appears promising.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2015, 10:13:55 PM »

Let's fast forward to that critical year that has been hanging over this timeline:

2024- President Walker is very popular by the end of his second term, and Vice President Haslam easily defeats Congressman Castro after a tough GOP Primary between Haslam, Martinez, and Cruz.  Haslam picks Governor Rubio as VP.

Haslam comes within 0.1% of winning California and within 7% of running the table (Rhode Island is his weakest state).  He wins a whopping 81% in Oklahoma and 84% in his home state of Tennessee.  The popular vote is 65%-34%.

Post-2026 Congress:
Senate- GOP 58, DEM 42 (Majority Leader: Ted Cruz)
House- GOP 260, DEM 175 (Speaker: Paul Ryan)

July, 2027 Supreme Court: Radically conservative, with 8 far-right Justices joining Sonia Sotomayor.

October, 2027 Approval Ratings:
Pres. Haslam: 71/19
Congress: 50/38
Supreme Court: 43/46

Post-2017 Governors:

2028 Polling (President Haslam vs. NM Senator Castro):

Haslam campaign staff is pouring money into Vermont and DC to try to go for the 538 sweep, while the national media is declaring the Democratic Party dead and looking at a viable replacement party.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2015, 10:48:03 PM »

Meanwhile, I live on my Romanian turnip farm... The most progressive country in the world considering America at this point.
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2015, 07:54:19 AM »

I'm sorry, there is no way that any winning POTUS candidate gets 65 percent of the popular vote in 2024 unless most of the Democratic party base is in concentration camps.

This is so ASB.
Duke of York

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »
« Edited: August 20, 2015, 09:46:19 AM by Duke of York »

This is completely unrealistic. There is no way by 2024 any republican would get 65 percent of the vote or that the republicans would hold almost every governorship. The country will have changed to much demographically for that to be possible.  This whole timeline is complete and utter fantasy and a far right republican dream of a one party state. After the radical agenda the republicans passed they would have lost congress in a landslide in 2018 and Warren would have beaten Walker in 2020.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2015, 05:26:27 PM »

Let's fast forward to that critical year that has been hanging over this timeline:

2024- President Walker is very popular by the end of his second term, and Vice President Haslam easily defeats Congressman Castro after a tough GOP Primary between Haslam, Martinez, and Cruz.  Haslam picks Governor Rubio as VP.

Haslam comes within 0.1% of winning California and within 7% of running the table (Rhode Island is his weakest state).  He wins a whopping 81% in Oklahoma and 84% in his home state of Tennessee.  The popular vote is 65%-34%.

Post-2026 Congress:
Senate- GOP 58, DEM 42 (Majority Leader: Ted Cruz)
House- GOP 260, DEM 175 (Speaker: Paul Ryan)

July, 2027 Supreme Court: Radically conservative, with 8 far-right Justices joining Sonia Sotomayor.

October, 2027 Approval Ratings:
Pres. Haslam: 71/19
Congress: 50/38
Supreme Court: 43/46

Post-2017 Governors:

2028 Polling (President Haslam vs. NM Senator Castro):

Haslam campaign staff is pouring money into Vermont and DC to try to go for the 538 sweep, while the national media is declaring the Democratic Party dead and looking at a viable replacement party.
What drugs are you on? Because they seem to be very effective.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2015, 05:58:20 PM »

I love the "it's his TL" defense when it is a TL that Democrats like, but then go on the attack when it isn't
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2015, 04:53:27 PM »

I love the "it's his TL" defense when it is a TL that Democrats like, but then go on the attack when it isn't

The double standard standard that some people have is beautiful. However, some hawkish timelines can be good, just as long as the delivery is amazing. Take TNF's Weasel in the White House, or Xiivi's one timeline where Clinton won all the Electoral Votes.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2016, 05:42:17 PM »

Is there any interest in finishing this off- and seeing whether President Haslam can complete the sweep??
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2016, 06:02:08 PM »

I'd like to see it! Great TL, by the way!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2016, 08:05:18 PM »
« Edited: March 28, 2016, 10:57:02 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

NOTE: No events that happened after July, 2015 in real life factor into this timeline

Also: Joaquin Castro is the Castro brother referred to as the NM Senator in the above polling.

DECEMBER 13, 2027:

DNC Chair Julian Castro Announces that the Democratic Party is Folding:

"We have realized that, after losses and losses, the Democratic Party brand is toxic to all but the most progressive members of our society.  Former DNC Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz recognizes the terrible job she did leading the DNC in the 2010s, allowing for the Walker Presidency to take place in the first place.  We still feel that former Senator Warren won Wisconsin in 2020, and, had she been credited with that win, our Party would be alive and well today.  In President Walker's second term and during the administration of President Haslam, Americans made it clear that the "silent majority" Republicans long talked about really does exist.  However, there still remains an appetite for some common sense policy that is not the radical conservatism of the Haslam administration.  It has become apparent that even our best candidate would struggle to even win Washington DC against the President.

Today, I announce something very bittersweet.  The executive committee of the Democratic Party met just after Thanksgiving and unanimously voted to retire the Democratic Party.  We were the oldest political institution in the United States, so we do not take that decision lightly.  But, it has to be done to prevent the Republicans from having free reign to pass every part of their radical right-wing agenda.  I am joining the newly formed American Family Labor Party.  Our internal polling shows that we need to return to our roots.  We need to be competitive in the South for the first time this millennium.  Some changes to the platform are necessary today.  For example, Americans broadly accept that life begins at conception, so we need to respect the Supreme Court's overturning of Roe v. Wade.  I have always been pro-life, but I needed to hide it out of respect for my Party's platform, and with changes like this one, the American Family Labor Party can defeat President Haslam in November!"
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2016, 10:48:44 PM »

Republicans instantly claim that the new American Family Labor Party (AFLP)is just the Democratic Party wearing a disguise.  Meanwhile, some outsider Republicans, previously mostly content with the leadership of President Haslam, look towards the demise of the Democratic Party (and the subsequent rebirth), and wish that they could get the same.  And, so, a mere four weeks before the Iowa Caucuses in early 2028, Senator Mike Lee of Utah announces a primary challenge to the President.

On the other side of the aisle, members of the AFLP are excited about Chairman Castro's announcement, and they enthusiastically get behind him for President.  Due to the newness of the Party, Julian Castro announces in late January that they will not have time to have primary elections and that he will accept the nomination.  However, this causes major backlash from the dwindled, but still present far-left progressive movement.  Activist Cecile Richards forms the Progressive Party, and declares her candidacy for President.

Ultimately, President Haslam narrowly defeats Senator Lee in the Primary, and Senator Lee concedes the race and endorses President Haslam on the convention floor in Burlington, Vermont (as the GOP is targeting Vermont, hoping for the 538-0 sweep).  Mrs. Richards chooses actress and liberal activist Lena Dunham as her running mate, while Chairman Castro chooses Governor John Bel Edwards of Louisiana, who served as a Republican in Louisiana, after being elected in 2023 and re-elected in 2027.  Following Mr. Castro's creation of the AFLP, Gov. Edwards, a Democrat-turned-Republican, joined it.

Polling for President of the United States:

Bill Haslam/Marco Rubio: 66%
Julian Castro/John Bel Edwards: 20%
Cecile Richards/Lena Dunham: 10%
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2016, 01:58:46 PM »

SEPTEMBER 2, 2028:

Ron Reagan, 70, the very liberal son of President Ronald Reagan, places a phone call to Mrs. Richards:

RICHARDS: Hello Mr. Reagan, I heard you wanted to speak with me.

REAGAN: I have a plan for you to win this race.

RICHARDS: Tell me about it.  I'm way behind in the polls, stuck in third place.  This is pretty much a protest campaign against our two anti-choice, anti-woman parties.

REAGAN: You can win, and here is how.  My full name is Ronald Reagan.

RICHARDS: Go on...

REAGAN: I'm technically not a Junior because I have a different middle name than my father did, but I can get that changed pretty easily.

RICHARDS: OK, and what is your master plan?

REAGAN: I want to lead the ticket of the Progressive Party.

RICHARDS: No, I am the one running for President.  Why would I have any interest in that?

REAGAN: You will be the President.  I have no interest in actually being President.  You will be the running mate on my ticket, and I will resign immediately after my inauguration.

RICHARDS: But, how will having you on the top of the ticket make me win?

REAGAN: Because I will be on the ballot as Ronald Reagan Jr.!  That will trick a ton of conservatives who blindly worship my father to vote for me!

RICHARDS: How do I know that you are not really a Republican plant trying to destroy the progressive movement?

REAGAN: Look at my record!  I have served for two decades on the board of the Freedom From Religion Foundation.  I am a real progressive, but I will resign and let you lead us into a social Democratic paradise.

RICHARDS: Sounds like a plan!

The Progressive Party is able to change their ticket from Richards/Dunham to Reagan/Richards the following day.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 02:28:54 PM »

Added a poll of which ticket you support!
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2016, 02:51:35 PM »

Reagan/Richards.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »
« Edited: March 29, 2016, 03:57:17 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

First Poll Conducted Featuring Ron Reagan:

Pres. Bill Haslam: 38%
Ronald Reagan, Jr.: 36%
Chairman Julian Castro: 21%

2 Way Race:
Bill Haslam: 67%
Julian Castro: 29%

The Republicans have yet to really begin to attack Ron Reagan, as they never suspected that they had anything to worry about in 2028.  Of course, the details of his conversation with Cecile Richards are unknown to the public.  The Reagan campaign has decided to fully embrace the plan of tricking conservatives into voting for him.  His first ad:

"Hi, I am Ronald Reagan Jr., and I am running for President on the Progressive Party ticket.  My father admirably served this country in the 1980s, and he contributed to progress and prosperity in American society.  I am proud to be a member of the Progressive Party because I want to create the same progress for America that my father did, but just in a modern era.  I'm Ronald Reagan, and I approve this message."

The Castro campaign, meanwhile, remains confident that they can win the election.  Their focus has turned to the debates, where they feel that they can differentiate themselves from Bill Haslam.  They think that Reagan will be exposed, and that will make it the two-man race they think they can win.  Additionally, campaign managers are discussing an increased role for John Bel Edwards in the campaign, since he has very high favorability ratings.

President Haslam makes no changes to his campaign adjustments and continues to campaign in Vermont and Washington DC to go for the 538-0 sweep.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2016, 03:29:30 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2016, 03:37:44 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

OCTOBER 1, 2028:

DEVESTATING BLOW FOR THE CASTRO CAMPAIGN

Chairman Castro has hoped to be the one to reignite a latent progressive or populist movement.  However, his campaign and the newly formed American Family Labor Party were dealt major blows today, as his polling average has fallen below 15%, meaning that he will not be invited to the first debate next week.  Only the President, Bill Haslam, and the Progressive Party's candidate, Ronald Reagan Jr., will be debating.

Current National Polling:
Reagan: 47%
Haslam: 40%
Castro: 11%

Two-way races:
Reagan 51, Haslam 46
Reagan 57, Castro 39
Haslam 68, Castro 27

Self-described pro-life voters (67%):
Haslam: 50%
Reagan: 40%
Castro: 7%

Self-described pro-choice voters (33%):
Reagan: 61%
Haslam: 20%
Castro: 18%

Very conservative voters (25%):
Reagan: 49%
Haslam: 48%
Castro: 1%

Very liberal voters (5%):
Reagan: 63%
Castro: 30%
Haslam: 5%
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: April 03, 2016, 02:10:00 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2016, 02:11:37 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

The debate between President Haslam and Mr. Reagan is scheduled to take place on Thursday, October 5.  In the days leading up to the debate, the Reagan campaign puts out a bunch of ads that never mention policy, instead just showing vague and optimistic speeches and ads from his father.  He even replays the Morning in America ad without making a single change to the ad itself.  On October 3rd, former President Barack Obama calls the Reagan campaign:

OBAMA: Mr. Reagan, I think you're going to win this race.
REAGAN: Thanks, Mr. President!
OBAMA: I would like to endorse you.  When would be the most effective time for me to do that?
REAGAN: With all due respect, Mr. President, I do not think your endorsement would help my campaign.
OBAMA: Are you an idiot, Ronny?  You are trying to be the face of the resurgence of liberalism in America, and you don't want the endorsement of the last liberal president?
REAGAN: Unfortunately, there is no resurgence of liberalism.  I'm just leading in the polls because I'm tricking the American people into voting for me.  A new poll shows that 60% of people think I'm the most conservative candidate in this race.  (Insert evil laughter)
OBAMA: Wait, you're not, are you?
REAGAN: No way, Jose!
OBAMA: Let me be clear: There is some evidence of a liberal resurgence.  You really don't want my endorsement???
REAGAN: No, I'm so sorry.  I can't let the public know I'm a socialist.  But, I would love it if you would do some behind-the-scenes work for me in progressive circles.
OBAMA: Forget it, dummy!!  I'll just go endorse Castro.  You missed your opportunity. (Insert Obama cursing at Reagan)

When Cecile Richards hears about the endorsement gone wrong, she becomes angry with Ron Reagan.  She believes that the only way to win this election is to be true to the liberal agenda.  Reagan reassures her that he is a liberal and that he will step down after his inauguration.

Meanwhile, President Haslam is noticing things moving against him.  He is getting so worried that he sets up a campaign event in Massachusetts in addition to the ones planned in DC and Vermont.  He still tells the public that he is confident that he will be reelected with the support of every state and territory.

National poll right before the debate:
Reagan: 62%
Haslam: 16%
A "true progressive": 12%
Castro: 8%
Other: 2%

Amongst very conservative voters:
Reagan: 79%
Haslam: 20%
Other: 1%

Who is the most conservative candidate?
Reagan: 77%
Haslam: 21%
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 02:19:41 PM »

By the way, despite the name, this timeline is going to go through to the early 2030s.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2016, 01:56:52 PM »

DEBATE BETWEEN PRESIDENT BILL HASLAM AND ACTIVIST RON REAGAN:

Cecile Richards is in panic mode after listening to the debate.  Reagan finally broke his silence on actual political issues.  But, he actually presented himself to the right of President Haslam on most key issues.  Reagan, a noted Atheist, made seven references towards his Christian values during the course of the debate.  Haslam tried to make points out of past extremely liberal positions that Reagan had taken.  Reagan was able to brush those off by saying that he had simply changed his mind once he had a "conservative awakening" during President Walker's second term.

Richards now suspects that she has been the one who was fooled by Reagan.  She confronts Reagan threatening to resign and expose Reagan's lies to the American people.  Reagan reassures her that he is a liberal and that he will not actually serve as President.  Initially, Richards seems comforted.  However, Reagan then tells her to not participate in the Vice Presidential debate, because the American people won't want an unapologetically Planned Parenthood-loving liberal as their Vice President.  He tells her that he wants her to simply film a commercial explaining her conversion to being a pro-life conservative.  She refuses and tells him that he has one week to fix this campaign, or she will spill the beans on everything.

Meanwhile, Haslam and Castro are in full panic mode, worried that their campaigns are over.  Haslam himself is confused about the Reagan campaign and is starting to wonder if Mr. Reagan is sincere.  He decides that his best strategy is to take a page out of how President Walker took down Donald Trump in 2016- through noting that he isn't really a conservative and finally getting him to confess to that fact.

Who won the debate:
Reagan: 85%
Haslam: 12%

Who will you vote for:
Reagan 80%
A true progressive: 10%
Haslam: 6%
Castro: 3%
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2016, 05:01:10 PM »

Haslam runs some advertisements on the success of his Presidency and begins a national campaign (giving up the 538-0 dream!!).  These don't make him the frontrunner again, but they do help him enough to easily qualify for the second debate (the VP debate).

Polling (October 11, 2028):
Reagan/Richards: 62%
Haslam/Rubio: 30%

The Castro campaign has fallen off and is barely registering in national surveys.  Their fundraising has dried up almost completely, but the American Family Labor Party does look like it can make some gains in downballot races.  President Haslam is excited to have the opportunity of having the energetic and conservative Vice President Marco Rubio debate Cecile Richards, who he is confident is still a liberal.  Meanwhile, Reagan and Richards are fighting backstage before the debate about what strategy to take.

VICE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE BETWEEN MARCO RUBIO AND CECILE RICHARDS, OCTOBER 11:

Ultimately, Cecile Richards stays true to her viewpoint as a far-left liberal.  Her main focus is overturning the Supreme Court decision that made abortion illegal in all 50 states.  Vice President Rubio notes the inconsistencies between what she is saying and what Reagan has said.  Richards is tempted to spill the beans on the Reagan campaign, but Rubio interrupts her right before she would have done so.  This is unfortunate for him and the President, because her statements on Ron Reagan would have likely doomed his campaign.  Rubio also focuses on the positive, conservative direction that the country has moved in under Presidents Walker and Rubio.  He contrasts that to the divisiveness of the Obama years.  The American public thinks that Rubio easily outdebated Richards, but they are mainly confused about what the Reagan/Richards ticket stands for.

Polling average, October 14:
Haslam/Rubio: 44%
Reagan/Richards: 38%
Many undecided

It's also tough to tell what the swing states are in this rapidly changing election, but there are indications that it might not break on traditional partisan lines, since the race is close both with Republicans and with voters who were in the late Democratic Party.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2016, 09:22:44 PM »

If you think the mid-to-late 2020s de-facto 1-party state and the deception campaign are ridiculous, wait until you see the ending of the now-ending golden age in 2030-2031!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2016, 08:45:24 PM »

October 15, 2028:

JULIAN CASTRO SUSPENDS CAMPAIGN, ENDORSES BILL HASLAM:

The American people have spoken.  While I feel that I would be an excellent President and while I am proud to lead the American Family Labor Party, I will not be inaugurated as the 47th President of the United States in January.  The AFLP's message, however, is alive and well, and we are looking to make gains in Congress and state legislatures across the country.

I will be supporting and encouraging my supporters to back President Haslam for reelection.  This country is as prosperous now as it has ever been, and, while I have some significant differences with the President, he has been a great leader for this country.  On the other hand, Mr. Reagan is a madman.  I'm not sure whether he is on the far right, the far left, or somehow both, but Americans deserve better.  We deserve to know what our next President will stand for!  Please end this soap opera and vote for President Haslam and Vice President Rubio on November 7th!!!

Polls three days after Julian Castro's endorsement:
Haslam/Rubio: 71%
Reagan/Richards: 24%

UP NEXT: The Haslam campaign's renewed focus on 538 and the Reagan campaign's Hail Mary
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2016, 07:43:46 AM »

I just don't believe that Reagan can go from a 46 point lead to losing by 47 points.

And how much money did President Haslam bribe Castro?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2016, 06:47:00 PM »

About to continue this, but are there any guesses about how this election and immediate aftermath turns out?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies