rough 2040 electoral map
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:11:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  rough 2040 electoral map
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: rough 2040 electoral map  (Read 10596 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2015, 06:48:08 PM »

Reagan 84, Bush 88, and Bush 04 won 60% of whites. It's not new for 60% of whites to vote GOP. The only difference is that 60% of whites doesn't win elections anymore.
The GOP will routinely get 70% of the white vote in 20 years. Their political survival will require it.

You'll sound more believable when you can give reasons other than "Democrats will be the party that will hate white people and pander to minorities! It's true, I said so!" or "Republicans will just be the white man's party, they'll never attempt minority outreach! It's true, I said so!"

Just saying.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2015, 08:32:05 PM »

Reagan 84, Bush 88, and Bush 04 won 60% of whites. It's not new for 60% of whites to vote GOP. The only difference is that 60% of whites doesn't win elections anymore.

Wrong. Bush in 88 and 04 won 57% of the white vote. Romney won 59%, more than anyone else except Nixon in 1972 and Reagan in 1984. The GOP will routinely get 70% of the white vote in 20 years. Their political survival will require it.

THANKFULLY, there will be enough Republicans who realize we can't survive by being some rural-themed nativist party that don't like big city folk (sorry I just shattered your wet dream), and the GOP will realize it NEEDS to not rely on only White votes.

If you're an affluent minority, you should be voting Republican.  If you're a socially moderate (e.g., not socially liberal) minority, you should be voting Republican.  The fact that those voters aren't supporting us shows that we have an image problem, an image problem that your ilk are the main cause of.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2015, 09:45:46 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2015, 10:07:39 PM by Clarko95 »

Oh, 2040. Of course. The election that I win.

How nice of you all to help me prepare for it so early in advance Smiley
^^^This is reasonable, based on current trends, but again, 25 years is a long time, so much could happen.
bobloblaw
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2015, 08:53:35 AM »

Wrong. Bush in 88 and 04 won 57% of the white vote. Romney won 59%, more than anyone else except Nixon in 1972 and Reagan in 1984. The GOP will routinely get 70% of the white vote in 20 years. Their political survival will require it.

THANKFULLY, there will be enough Republicans who realize we can't survive by being some rural-themed nativist party that don't like big city folk (sorry I just shattered your wet dream), and the GOP will realize it NEEDS to not rely on only White votes.

If you're an affluent minority, you should be voting Republican.  If you're a socially moderate (e.g., not socially liberal) minority, you should be voting Republican.  The fact that those voters aren't supporting us shows that we have an image problem, an image problem that your ilk are the main cause of.

Because Illinois shows how to lead right? Just hope the Dems are corrupt and incompetent enough so the voters will elect the GOP to one ineffectual term
bobloblaw
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2015, 08:56:04 AM »

The GOP will routinely get 70% of the white vote in 20 years. Their political survival will require it.

You'll sound more believable when you can give reasons other than "Democrats will be the party that will hate white people and pander to minorities! It's true, I said so!" or "Republicans will just be the white man's party, they'll never attempt minority outreach! It's true, I said so!"

Just saying.

The 2012 campaign. Booing God and Israel. Running away from white blue collar workers. Some conservatives say the 4-5 million whites who stayed home were conservatives who didnt like Romney. More likely they were white blue collar workers who didnt like Obama and felt abandon by the Dems but didnt support the GOP.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2015, 11:18:56 AM »

Just saying.

The 2012 campaign. Booing God and Israel. Running away from white blue collar workers. Some conservatives say the 4-5 million whites who stayed home were conservatives who didnt like Romney. More likely they were white blue collar workers who didnt like Obama and felt abandon by the Dems but didnt support the GOP.

Does that describe you?  If so, get lost and go try to reform the Democrats to be a party more to your liking instead of what you're doing now in the GOP (i.e., ruin THEIR electoral prospects, not ours).
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2015, 11:35:21 AM »

Just saying.

"Some conservatives" isn't a source, nor is you saying they were "likely" Dems.

Also, IRT 2012 campaign: That's a statement. Not an argument.

Booing God and Israel:
1. Doesn't happen as a sanctioned thing even if there are instances of it.
2. You're really mistaken if you think this influences many voters who aren't already Republican.
3. Just a simple lol at the idea that they boo God. lol
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2015, 01:04:04 PM »

The 2012 campaign. Booing God and Israel.

As opposed to booing gay soldiers and cheering when people die from lack of health insurance?
JonathanSwift
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »

Relative to much larger drop in the overall popular vote though.

It goes without saying, if the two party system is to be preserved, the GOP will either break into Hispanics, or break into a great share of the White Working Class vote and change accordingly to achieve that end. The current GOP may not get above 60%, but is that any different from saying that the current GOP cannot get over 35% amongst Hispanics?
Well,
In order to be more appealing to the latinos: they would have to moderate on social issues (immigration).
In order to be more appealing to the whites: they would have to moderate on economic issues.

The first scenario is more likely.

Newsflash: Republican President Ronald Reagan already implemented "immigration reform" and it had no effect on the Hispanic vote.

Newsflash: John McCain supported "immigration reform" and performed abysmally among Hispanic voters.

Newsflash: Jeb Bush goes out of his way to be even more "pro-immigration reform" than the Democrats and yet polls almost as poorly among Hispanics as Mitt "Self-Deportation" Romney.

Conclusion: "Moderating on immigration" won't win Republicans the Hispanic vote.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »

Just saying.

Does that describe you?  If so, get lost and go try to reform the Democrats to be a party more to your liking instead of what you're doing now in the GOP (i.e., ruin THEIR electoral prospects, not ours).

This is what I like about you, you recognize what the parties are supposed to be. I wish that more Rockefeller type Republicans would stay in the GOP instead of infecting the Democrats with their cultural elitism.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2015, 03:47:49 PM »

Just saying.

This is what I like about you, you recognize what the parties are supposed to be. I wish that more Rockefeller type Republicans would stay in the GOP instead of infecting the Democrats with their cultural elitism.

While I strongly object to the notion that being a pro-civil rights, pro-business Republican in the classical "Rockefeller" sense is inherently elitist (I live in a quaint town in Maine full of "Rockefeller Republicans" [it's majority Republican registration but voted Obama twice], and I wouldn't describe these people as elitist in any way), it does bother me that there seems to be a growing movement of ... well, let's just say it: culturally intolerant people ... who seem hell-bent on fully transforming the GOP into a full-fledged nativist party of "real Americans."  It's disturbing.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2015, 04:04:54 PM »

Just saying.

While I strongly object to the notion that being a pro-civil rights, pro-business Republican in the classical "Rockefeller" sense is inherently elitist (I live in a quaint town in Maine full of "Rockefeller Republicans" [it's majority Republican registration but voted Obama twice], and I wouldn't describe these people as elitist in any way), it does bother me that there seems to be a growing movement of ... well, let's just say it: culturally intolerant people ... who seem hell-bent on fully transforming the GOP into a full-fledged nativist party of "real Americans."  It's disturbing.

Maybe that was the wrong way of putting it. I've just noticed the same trend on the Democratic side of the party increasingly developing an elitist attitude towards "flyover country" and almost wanting to become an elite party and I wonder if that's a risidual effect of country club Republican types, scarred of the GOP becoming Democrats.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2015, 05:45:15 PM »

Just saying.

I disagree with this. There's nothing that the parties are supposed to be. Everybody has a place in each party.

Except racists and bigots, they can bugger off.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2015, 08:58:11 PM »

I really do not see why people think that Connecticut will go Republican along with New Hampshire and Maine. CT is very different from those states and I don't see it swinging with them, if it were to happen.

I also don't see why people think that rust belt whites voting more Republican as manufacturing disappears and they deunionize will result in a Republican Michigan before a Republican Minnesota. Minnesota has a much higher concentration of those formerly Democratic unionized whites, while Michigan's Democratic status has a lot to do with working class minorities in Detroit that don't seem to be following working class whites to the GOP.

I also don't understand Rockefeller's insistance that working class whites will drift back to the Dems, yet he puts ME-02 in play. Certainly that is a district that is dominated by working class whites.

Here's mine if I had to guess:

Basically you have a drifting toward the Republicans of whites in areas formerly unionized areas drifting toward the Republicans, making the upper midwest and upper New England competitive. Rather than the GOP "moderating on social issues" (won't happen, as new issues arise) they will moderate on immigration issues, giving them a better standing in the west. Migration of northern Democrats continues and turns NC Democratic while rising black populations put Georgia and Mississippi in play.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2015, 09:27:43 PM »

I wouldn't assume that deunionized working class whites are automatically going to tilt more Republican. Younger working class whites are not their Reagan Democrat grandparents and plenty are socially tolerant. I think they'll be a swing demographic more then many thing divided on the basis of levels of religiosity.
bobloblaw
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2015, 03:54:08 PM »

Just saying.

We dont need you in the GOP
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2015, 04:34:13 PM »

Just saying.

Yeah you do.

Unless you want the GOP to be locked out of the EC permanently.
bobloblaw
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2015, 04:45:36 PM »

Just saying.

Yeah you do.

Rovckefeller GOPers add nothing and are nonplayers in states like VA, CO, FL and OH. Who cares about CT, NY and RI?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2015, 04:55:32 PM »

Just saying.

Yeah you do.

Rovckefeller GOPers add nothing and are nonplayers in states like VA, CO, FL and OH. Who cares about CT, NY and RI?

Moderate GOPers certainly add in places like VA and CO, but also in NH and the Upper Midwest.

You can't have the party just be dominated by small-minded idiots forever. It'll collapse.
bobloblaw
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2015, 08:55:11 PM »

Just saying.

Yeah you do.

Moderate GOPers certainly add in places like VA and CO, but also in NH and the Upper Midwest.

You can't have the party just be dominated by small-minded idiots forever. It'll collapse.

When a candidate appeals to moderates, they lose more than they gain.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2015, 08:59:54 PM »

[Citation Needed]
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »

Just saying.

Yeah you do.

Plenty of Rockefeller Republicans in the Chicago area. If the GOP could turn the suburbs back in their favor while keeping downstate solid Republican as well, they would be looking at Illinois being lean R.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2015, 11:44:52 AM »

Just saying.

Yeah you do.

Plenty of Rockefeller Republicans in the Chicago area. If the GOP could turn the suburbs back in their favor while keeping downstate solid Republican as well, they would be looking at Illinois being lean R.

But no!!  A MUCH better strategy is to be the permanent home of racist rednecks!
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2015, 06:35:35 PM »

FL, PA and NE-2 tossup, and that's being kind to the GOP. Of course state EV counts will change.

Dem 265
Rep 223
Up for grabs 50
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »

Clearly every single State will be voting Democrat by then because of demographics and support for gay marriage. That's at least what Democrats have told me and they really seem to have a religious-level belief in it so ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies