California 100 years from now (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:43:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  California 100 years from now (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: California 100 years from now  (Read 8311 times)
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« on: April 27, 2015, 07:46:34 AM »

100 years from now, will the history books still show 1988 as the last time California went red in a presidential election? Will Arnold Schwarzenegger still be the last GOP Governor the Golden State has ever had?

1. It may not be part of the USA in 2115.
2. It might be depopulated thanks to drought that could last 250 years or more.
3. The political parties in CA might look very different than their national counterparts given that whites will make up no more than 25% of the population in CA by 2050.

You guys on the left have this idiotic idea that the future is a straight like projection of the present. GO play the lotto if you can see the future so clearly.

The definition of whiteness will probably end up including a lot of Hispanics and those of mixed race by 2115.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 03:19:05 PM »

I question I have about CA, is will there be white flight once hispancs constitute an electoral majority. Right now whites are 38% and hispancs 39% of the population. But of the electorate Whites still make up 70% of those who vote on election day.

Also no one ever gives up political power voluntarily. What will the white gentry liberals do to keep power in a state that is majority hispanic? Blacks in LA used the same tactics to prevent hispanics from gaining power in the 1990s that whites used against blacks in the 1960s

Not every white person hates living around minorities.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 04:38:51 PM »

I question I have about CA, is will there be white flight once hispancs constitute an electoral majority. Right now whites are 38% and hispancs 39% of the population. But of the electorate Whites still make up 70% of those who vote on election day.

Also no one ever gives up political power voluntarily. What will the white gentry liberals do to keep power in a state that is majority hispanic? Blacks in LA used the same tactics to prevent hispanics from gaining power in the 1990s that whites used against blacks in the 1960s

Liberal rich ones do

They do? That's news to me, based on the fact that whites who live around minorities tend to be more liberal, and, in places like NYC, richer.

Yes, there's whites who don't like living around minorities, but they're usually working class or conservative.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 11:44:06 AM »

Liberal rich ones do

They do? That's news to me, based on the fact that whites who live around minorities tend to be more liberal, and, in places like NYC, richer.

Yes, there's whites who don't like living around minorities, but they're usually working class or conservative.

Yeah, those liberals wall themselves off. Their only contact with minorities is when they happen to see them cutting their grass

That's not true, though. Certainly of some, yeah, but of all? Most assuredly not.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2015, 09:43:59 PM »

Liberal rich ones do

Yeah, those liberals wall themselves off. Their only contact with minorities is when they happen to see them cutting their grass

That's not true, though. Certainly of some, yeah, but of all? Most assuredly not.

So which Gentry Liberals live amongst the unwashed?

Those in New York City? Or any major city, for that matter?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 02:12:32 PM »

Liberal rich ones do

On please, they live in enclaves in Manhattan separated from everyone else. Same in Chicago along the Gold Coast.

Irrelevant. They still live in the same city. I mean, Manhattan isn't separated from everyone else either, you'd know that if you've ever been here, but I digress, let's assume that your point is correct.

It's still the same city. The same state. There's no out-of-state exodus going on.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 09:06:04 PM »

Liberal rich ones do

On please, they live in enclaves in Manhattan separated from everyone else. Same in Chicago along the Gold Coast.

Irrelevant. They still live in the same city. I mean, Manhattan isn't separated from everyone else either, you'd know that if you've ever been here, but I digress, let's assume that your point is correct.

It's still the same city. The same state. There's no out-of-state exodus going on.

Try walking up to some of the wealthiest citizen's apartments and see how far you get. NYC is the most unequal city in the US

I regularly walk past them because I live here? Income inequality has nothing to any of the points being debated here. The point still stands that the "wealthy liberals" who apparently fear minorities as you say they do live in the same city as them and interact with them on a regular basis without running for the hills or being overtaken by some strange notion that there's something to fear from living amongst minorities.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 12:35:24 AM »

Liberal rich ones do

Try walking up to some of the wealthiest citizen's apartments and see how far you get. NYC is the most unequal city in the US

I regularly walk past them because I live here? Income inequality has nothing to any of the points being debated here. The point still stands that the "wealthy liberals" who apparently fear minorities as you say they do live in the same city as them and interact with them on a regular basis without running for the hills or being overtaken by some strange notion that there's something to fear from living amongst minorities.

You dont like that I pointed out that rich liberals dont like living among the great unwashed. They dont and youre free to wallow in your preconceived notions of liberal egalitarianism

I mean, if you're going to change the argument to "they live in separate parts of the city", then sure. But what's that prove? Neighborhoods are usually tailored to certain class or ethnic groups. Outside of the apartments where they live, they're intermingling with everybody else anyway. So what's the point?
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 08:20:53 PM »

A great 538 Blog article in how NYC is the most racially segregate city in America. Now while race segregation isnt wealth segregation, it is highly correlated Id bet.

"Tailored to different classes" So there you admitted it

The thing is that people may live in different apartments or condos or what have you, but they're interacting with each other everyday.

And yes. In every city there's neighborhoods of wealth and those of non-wealth. That has nothing to do with white people fleeing though.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2015, 01:45:46 PM »

No, they arent interacting with one another every day.

Yes they are. I know you probably have this idea in your head that they aren't, but I actually live here and have more knowledge on the subject, based on seeing it happen everyday, then you have just by conjuring up this fantasy about what you think.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 06:48:37 PM »

No, they arent interacting with one another every day.

Yes they are. I know you probably have this idea in your head that they aren't, but I actually live here and have more knowledge on the subject, based on seeing it happen everyday, then you have just by conjuring up this fantasy about what you think.

No you dont have knowledge

lol. This thread has demonstrated I have more than you in just about every way.

Sorry. Smiley
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2015, 11:44:47 AM »
« Edited: May 07, 2015, 01:32:55 PM by NYMillennial »

Youre from NY, you have none what so ever.

I have more than you. Smiley

If you don't want to believe that, you can keep being wrong. You've been wrong this entire thread, it wouldn't be much of a change for you. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies