An election calendar
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:41:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  An election calendar
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: An election calendar  (Read 3529 times)
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2004, 04:10:48 AM »

I propose that every region hold a referendum to approve an election day for Governors.  Candidates will agree on a day for all governors elections, and the voters will apporve.  They can vote on the referendum the same day as the mid-terms.

I propose the governor's elections be held one week after the mid-term, and we have all governors elections after that coincide with federal elections.
dunn

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2004, 04:19:41 AM »

I propose that every region hold a referendum to approve an election day for Governors.  Candidates will agree on a day for all governors elections, and the voters will apporve.  They can vote on the referendum the same day as the mid-terms.

I propose the governor's elections be held one week after the mid-term, and we have all governors elections after that coincide with federal elections.
It's logical to have them with midterm (but in order to let you vote in the coming one, I say let's accept your proposal Wink )
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2004, 05:33:57 AM »

Regions also need to decide:
a) a term for governors
b) if Lt Governors will be elected, and if so, separately or on the same ticket
c) who becomes Governor in the case of a vacancy
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2004, 06:22:11 AM »

Regions also need to decide:
a) a term for governors
b) if Lt Governors will be elected, and if so, separately or on the same ticket
c) who becomes Governor in the case of a vacancy

If regions have Lt. Governor's they become Governor is there is a vacany, so basicallly B covers C.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2004, 06:29:19 AM »

This sounds a bit like what I've been thinking as far as the date is concerned great idea Ford.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2004, 03:31:50 PM »

I think the governor's term had ought to be four months (just like Presidents).  That way, incumbent governors won't have to choose between re-elctions and going for President, because the Presidential elections will fall in the middle of their term.

Will Lt. Governors be appointed or elected?  In some states in real life they are elcted seperate from governors, in other states, they run with a governor on a ticket.  I say they should be appointed after the elction.
Emsworth
Lord Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2004, 03:33:43 PM »

I think the governor's term had ought to be four months (just like Presidents).  That way, incumbent governors won't have to choose between re-elctions and going for President, because the Presidential elections will fall in the middle of their term.

Will Lt. Governors be appointed or elected?  In some states in real life they are elcted seperate from governors, in other states, they run with a governor on a ticket.  I say they should be appointed after the elction.
That's for the region to decide. Less populous regions may choose not to have Lt Governors, but the more populous regions might decide otherwise.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2004, 03:35:36 PM »

Just an update on this I am right now at this very moment working on an election guide for the upcoming Senate elections and will release it by monday(if not much sooner)
ShapeShifter

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2004, 03:53:41 PM »

Just an update on this I am right now at this very moment working on an election guide for the upcoming Senate elections and will release it by monday(if not much sooner)

election guide?
JohnFKennedy
Junior Chimp

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2004, 04:14:47 PM »

I am creating something, commissioned by gustaf, that will include maps to show regions and districts, registered voters and their respective candidates for senators and governors, taking a bit of time though.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies