Why is Rubio running?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 08:46:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Why is Rubio running?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Why is Rubio running?  (Read 2409 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 13, 2015, 01:54:17 PM »

All of his donors have lined up behind Bush. He doesn't really have a niche he can fall back on. What is this for?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 02:06:05 PM »

I don't know why he is giving up an easily held Senate seat to lose the nomination badly.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 02:07:52 PM »

Ego. He ran for Senate to run for President. I knew he'd be a candidate in 2016 the day he announced his Senate campaign.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 02:21:32 PM »

Changing demographics new order diversity shift inevitable postmodern hispanics-will-vote-republican-forever blah blah blah.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »

My theory: He really doesn't want to be a Senator. He only ran for the job as a springboard to President and/or VP, and the one time he tried to actually legislate it blew up in his face. Therefore, he has nothing to lose by running, and may even increase his odds of being VP depending upon how well he does. If he needs to remain relevant in the future, he could always run for Governor sometime down the line.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 02:35:35 PM »

Ego. He ran for Senate to run for President. I knew he'd be a candidate in 2016 the day he announced his Senate campaign.

Who do you think will be the Republican candidate for Senate in 2016? CLC?
Either Rooney or CLC with Atwater out. Could be some wild cards in the mix as well.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 02:36:40 PM »

Changing demographics new order diversity shift inevitable postmodern hispanics-will-vote-republican-forever blah blah blah.

I guess that since Mitt Romney will not run, Rubio and Bush are the only Hispanics left to run for the nomination.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »

PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 02:41:46 PM »

Because he believes he can win the nomination and already has someone willing to cut him a 10 MILLION dollar check in florida once he announces.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 02:44:50 PM »

Question here. At what point does Rubio have to submit his resignation now that he's announced for President?
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 02:46:56 PM »

I guess that since Mitt Romney will not run, Rubio and Bush are the only Hispanics left to run for the nomination.
Uhhh, you realize Walker is Hispanic too, right? AND Pataki, considering he's from New York.

How can you prove that those two are Hispanic?  With the three I mentioned there is proof:

Rubio's parents are from Cuba, Romney's father was Mexican, and Jeb Bush is Hispanic, not sure what country his ancestors came from though.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 02:47:15 PM »

Question here. At what point does Rubio have to submit his resignation now that he's announced for President?
I don't think he would resign unless he clinched the nomination. But he definitely will have to announce that he isn't running for reelection.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2015, 02:49:32 PM »

Because he believes he can win the nomination and already has someone willing to cut him a 10 MILLION dollar check in florida once he announces.
$10 Million doesn't cut it, considering how Cruz raised three times that amount the week he announced.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2015, 02:49:57 PM »

Uhhh, you realize Walker is Hispanic too, right? AND Pataki, considering he's from New York.

How can you prove that those two are Hispanic?  With the three I mentioned there is proof:

Rubio's parents are from Cuba, Romney's father was Mexican, and Jeb Bush is Hispanic, not sure what country his ancestors came from though.
Rubio is the only one that is hispanic. Jeb Bush is from a long line of northeastern WASPS, Scott Walker is mostly German, Welsh, and English, and Romney's father being from Mexico doesn't change the fact that his ancestry is English, Scottish, and German. Saying that all these white guys are hispanic is frankly just insulting to everyone's intelligence.
Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2015, 02:53:54 PM »

Rubio is the only one that is hispanic. Jeb Bush is from a long line of northeastern WASPS, Scott Walker is mostly German, Welsh, and English, and Romney's father being from Mexico doesn't change the fact that his ancestry is English, Scottish, and German. Saying that all these white guys are hispanic is frankly just insulting to everyone's intelligence.

Isn't Ted Cruz part hispanic?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 02:57:24 PM »

Yes, he's Cuban, like Rubio. But he wasn't mentioned in the quote I was addressing.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2015, 03:11:47 PM »

Rubio feels that he can be the Republican JFK. A young, optimistic senator who has been underrated by the media. He wasn't picked by Mitt Romney in 2012 for vice president because he was seen as "green". Some people feel that he's too inexperienced to run in 2016 as well. If he doesn't win the presidency, I see him running for governor in 2018 to get to the presidency in 2024, should a Republican or a Democrat win a second term in 2020.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2015, 03:19:07 PM »

Rubio feels that he can be the Republican JFK. A young, optimistic senator who has been underrated by the media.

What? The media treats Rubio as a top tier contender despite his poor showings in the polls.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2015, 03:22:47 PM »

He's the token brown guy.
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2015, 03:23:22 PM »

My post was sarcasm, I know that Rubio and Cruz are the only Hispanics running for the nomination.  I thought Romney's attempts to appeal to Hispanics because of his family's connections to Mexico were pretty pathetic back in 2012.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2015, 03:28:29 PM »

$10 Million doesn't cut it, considering how Cruz raised three times that amount the week he announced.

LOL that check is coming from ONE person. 10 million dollars from someone if Florida that owns a car dealership or something that's filthy rich.

You do understand hes been campaigning all over the country for a good while now. Of course he has a TON more than that raised, but always nice to get a HUGE check like that was my only point...
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2015, 03:32:19 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 03:34:42 PM by 2016election »

Rubio feels that he can be the Republican JFK. A young, optimistic senator who has been underrated by the media. He wasn't picked by Mitt Romney in 2012 for vice president because he was seen as "green". Some people feel that he's too inexperienced to run in 2016 as well. If he doesn't win the presidency, I see him running for governor in 2018 to get to the presidency in 2024, should a Republican or a Democrat win a second term in 2020.

Finally!!!! Someone with some common sense.

It couldn't be more obvious his plan:

- Win the nomination
- If he doesn't and Jeb doesn't he most likely would be the VP choice
- If both don't pan out run for governor in 2018 and president in 2024 again.

If he loses in 2016 and 2024 the presidential nomination he goes into consulting and makes a TON of money there the rest of his life.

Rubio has one goal that's to be president and not a life long person in the senate. He will take a crack at it in 2016 and 2024 if he doesn't win the nomination this time.

It's that simple, hes giving himself two shots at this and 2016 will be his first shot. If he doesn't win either time than that's it and he goes into consulting and lives a great life making HUGE money wherever he chooses.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »

Because he'd rather take his opportunity too early than too late.
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2015, 03:33:00 PM »

My guess is because the race is currently wide open and that if he waits until 2020/2024 he'd possibly be disregarded as old news.  At the very least a run can help position him for VP. Which I can see him being one of the frontrunners for assuming that somebody other than Jeb is the nominee.
PresidentTRUMP
2016election

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2015, 03:35:49 PM »
« Edited: April 13, 2015, 03:37:25 PM by 2016election »

Disagree, because he's giving him self to cracks at this, his hope is he wins in 2016, if not he takes one more crack at it in 2024. The race is WIDE open in 2016 and he's probably saing "why not me". If he loses again in 2024 he probably leaves politics all together and makes a ton of money as a consultant.

It seems pretty obvious to me hes in this to become president and that's it. Two cracks at it, doesn't work out, he moves on.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies