Community Vote: should The Update continue?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 01:21:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Community Vote: should The Update continue?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Please select an option in this advisory poll:
Discusing the personal life of BushOklahoma should be prohibited throughout the forum

The Update should continue in its present form on the Forum Community board

I don't care one way or the other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 104

Author Topic: Community Vote: should The Update continue?  (Read 5289 times)
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 01:58:44 AM »
« edited: April 05, 2015, 02:09:26 AM by ModerateVoter »

Bushie's talked a lot about removing the "temptation." The best way to do that is just go all the way and outright ban him. He's been nice to me, but I would have no complaints if that happened.

Again, I ask what is my crime for full ban?  I just changed jobs.  That's it.  No more, no less.

Bushie, I actually think a temporary ban wouldn't be a bad idea. Without the temptation, you could step back and get out of the habit of 'Updating' us about your life. At the same time, it'd give everyone else some time to cool off.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 02:04:06 AM »

I think it's reached a point where it can't get much sadder.

I don't really care, to be honest.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 02:05:39 AM »

At this point... it really needs to end. It's just messed with too many people, and taken up too much space on the board. Retire it.

No one can seriously say that the forum will be dead without it. We still have BRTD, t_host, heatmaster, Libertas conspiracies, Mr. Morden, Mechaman, Joe Republic, AND Tender Branson.

Don't forget LeBron. I might actually follow an Update revolving around his life instead -- way more interesting.
I still won't do it. Tongue

I don't know why you guys want to see me talk about my life so much though. It's a pretty ordinary life for a college student.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 04:37:26 AM »

I would support keeping Update open as long as we can all agree that it's "Update", and not "The Update".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2015, 04:40:35 AM »

Option 1 (not a sicko)
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2015, 07:44:52 AM »

Really the only rational position
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2015, 08:06:42 AM »

That sounds fun, Mike!

I will be going to church this morning and then going to a church member's home for Easter dinner right after the morning service.  I will end the day watching Opening Night Baseball.

Jeff I want to make it clear that if we decided to ban all discussion of your personal life that I would give this post ten infraction points for attempting to Update us about your life

So, you would basically ban me from the FC board?  I was just simply answering a question.

Again, nobody has satisfactorily answered me, what crime have I committed that people are calling for my ban.  What specifically in the Terms of Service have I violated?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2015, 08:50:42 AM »

That sounds fun, Mike!

I will be going to church this morning and then going to a church member's home for Easter dinner right after the morning service.  I will end the day watching Opening Night Baseball.

Jeff I want to make it clear that if we decided to ban all discussion of your personal life that I would give this post ten infraction points for attempting to Update us about your life

So, you would basically ban me from the FC board?  I was just simply answering a question.

What is the substantive difference between "I will be going to church this morning and then going to a church member's home…" and any other Update you give?  This is exactly how previous Update bans eroded over time.  People asked you questions about your life.  You then gave a few teasing answers, which got more and more substantive over time, which ultimately made any such "ban" on Update as absurd as saying that a "diet" with two cheat meals a week is a diet.  If you're going to keep talking about your life here, then there isn't really a ban on Update (which you claim to want).
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 08:55:53 AM »

I said this on the "Let's talk about Bushie" thread just now, but emotions and tempers are running very high at this point on all sides.  I am going to try to stay away from the Atlas Forum for the rest of today and maybe a couple of more days so we can all get our emotions in check before we make any rash decision based on emotion.  I'm guilty of making emotionally-charged decisions and I'm sure most of us are as well.  I think it would be best if I take a break for a day or two and let us all cool down.  I will take my talents to another political forum after church and talk politics there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 09:07:25 AM »

I will take my talents to another political forum after church and talk politics there.

Whoa.  Is there another Update out there somewhere, on some other forum?
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2015, 10:03:28 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2015, 10:07:24 AM by Governor Simfan34 »

Bushie's talked a lot about removing the "temptation." The best way to do that is just go all the way and outright ban him. He's been nice to me, but I would have no complaints if that happened.

Agreed. There is no way to get rid of Update without banning Bushie. I would be in favor of that, or letting Update continue, but not banning update but letting Bushie continue.

So I voted to let update continue, but I'd vote in favor of a ban.

Update is never over. Our Dumb Fat Idiot lacks the self control to stop
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2015, 10:04:28 AM »

The only way to effect #1 would be to ban BushOklahoma. There is ample justification for this and it should have happened years ago.

The TOS prohibit posting information that is "invasive of a person's privacy." Whether this applies to someone posting information about himself is irrelevant, because BushOklahoma has posted identifying and in some cases extremely personal information about his family, his employers, his SOs, and his teachers.

To be clear, I am not suggesting that this rule be applied rigidly. But BushOklahoma's case is an egregious one, both because of the massive volume of information about these people that he's shared with the forum and because many of these relationships are ones in which he behaves abusively.

I mean you make good points but LOL RUSS POWERS LOL
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2015, 10:32:22 AM »

The TOS prohibit posting information that is "invasive of a person's privacy." Whether this applies to someone posting information about himself is irrelevant, because BushOklahoma has posted identifying and in some cases extremely personal information about his family, his employers, his SOs, and his teachers.

And what about all the folks who've posted stuff from his FB feed without his permission?  Bans for them too?

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »

wait Bushie posts on another secret political forum?!?!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2015, 10:33:58 AM »

wait Bushie posts on another secret political forum?!?!

Apparently.  Somewhere out there, there's a bizzaro version of Update.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2015, 03:01:09 PM »

YES.  THAT'S THE POINT OF BANNING UPDATE.  JESUS CHRIST.  YOU WERE IN FAVOR OF THIS LIKE 12 SECONDS AGO.
Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2015, 03:10:57 PM »

Passing this on from the "Talk about Bushie" thread:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2015, 03:46:09 PM »

Passing this on from the "Talk about Bushie" thread:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

He'll be back by Tuesday.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2015, 03:49:59 PM »

That post swayed me from the no ban/temp ban camp firmly to the permaban camp. There are few things more obnoxious than one of those attention whoring "I'm leaving!!!!" posts.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2015, 05:13:29 PM »

I think he needs to be banned from atlas forum if Update ends. He really doesn't offer anything else to discussions, and he'll be tempted to discuss his personal life with us over and over.

I was in favor of banning him two years ago when Update nearly ended and still am if he decides hell no longer update us. After all, no one cares what he thinks about sports and politics.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »

We can't really stop this. I thought we would all realize that by now. Bushie is addicted to talking about himself (near every post on the entire board by him personalizes it) and he's so absurd half of us are addicted to listening.

It's a story that will just have to end on a Deus Ex Machina. God will have to just strike Bushie down dead or Papa get rid of Bushie's internet access.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2015, 06:07:22 PM »

It should probably not continue, but the decision should be Bushie's and Bushie's alone, with no input from the rest of the forum.

IF Bushie would listen when the entire readership of Update (literally) implores him to do something (not quit his job, not quit a different job, not take an obvious scam job, not take a different obvious scam job, not declare his love for a woman after 1 date, break up with crazy fiances #2 and #3, NOT break up with reasonable fiance #4, etc.), his life would be a lot better off than it is now. About half the time he does listen to the consensus, and his life is clearly better, and about half the time he fails to listen and he soon realizes his life is worse. If Bushie were to commit to following the consensus 100% of the time, Update would be very good for him.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2015, 11:44:10 PM »

Realistically, it shouldn't continue. He's gone too far, and his attention whoring is doing no-one good, particularly him. He shouldn't be on Atlas until he gets his sh**t sorted....which regretably probably won't happen.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2015, 11:49:03 PM »

Let's be realistic here for a second. Bushie is clearly addicted to talking about his life, and is already apparently joining another political forum. If we ban update, him, or both here, then he will simply just reboot update, and spread lies to all of his new internet buddies, who can deal with the same sh**t that many of us did for years with this on day 1. At least here we know (most of) the facts, and it's controlled.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2015, 04:54:12 AM »

For the sake of my royalties, yes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies