MT-Gravis: All Republicans ahead of Hillary
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:10:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MT-Gravis: All Republicans ahead of Hillary
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MT-Gravis: All Republicans ahead of Hillary  (Read 2959 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:04:04 AM »

49-35 Bush/Clinton
48-38 Paul/Clinton
49-37 Walker/Clinton
50-33 Christie/Clinton
50-33 Huckabee/Clinton

http://gravismarketing.com/polling-and-market-research/current-montana-polling-2/
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »

Glorious news! Smiley At least MT will be safe GOP. Wasn't Hillary supposed to be competitive there against "the GOP clown car"? And this poll was conducted even before E-Mailgate, though I doubt that her numbers have changed much since then.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 01:06:16 PM »

Oh no Sad 3 whole electoral votes!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 02:51:12 PM »

Not like it matters since MT isn't a competitive state, but this poll is still junk.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 02:53:08 PM »

The Mountain West is not and never was kind to Hillary.  Ho hum. 
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 04:27:43 PM »

The Perot factor must have been HUGE in the mountain west in 1992. Clinton won Montana and lost Wyoming of all places by 5 points,  despite the Mountain West's anti Clinton voting patterns afterwards.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »

Montana is bet-the-house-sure NOT in play, not anymore than Connecticut and Vermont are, anyway. This all looks a lot like 2012 to me. I bet Arizona wouldn't really be in play for her either, at least not as long as the most populated part of the state is content with that psychotic sheriff.

"Hillary's losing Montana!!!!!" and "Hillary's under 60!!!!!!" is just cheerleading.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2015, 05:57:55 PM »

The Perot factor must have been HUGE in the mountain west in 1992. Clinton won Montana and lost Wyoming of all places by 5 points,  despite the Mountain West's anti Clinton voting patterns afterwards.

That's right, even though the Dems still believe that the Perot vote split 50-50 which is wrong. It helped elect Clinton by a larger margin.

Montana is bet-the-house-sure NOT in play, not anymore than Connecticut and Vermont are, anyway. This all looks a lot like 2012 to me. I bet Arizona wouldn't really be in play for her either, at least not as long as the most populated part of the state is content with that psychotic sheriff.

"Hillary's losing Montana!!!!!" and "Hillary's under 60!!!!!!" is just cheerleading.

Some Hillary supporters are still fantasizing about her winning this state against the "GOP clown car".
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2015, 06:00:39 PM »

So Christie and Huck are the strongest here (if one were to take this poll seriously)?  Someone should make a map of which GOP candidate is the strongest in every state.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2015, 06:02:57 PM »

I think most Democrats fully realize Montana is either out of reach for Hillary Clinton or not worth the effort when resources can be allocated to states with far more electoral votes with a far more likely chance of victory.
YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 07:58:33 AM »

That's right, even though the Dems still believe that the Perot vote split 50-50 which is wrong. It helped elect Clinton by a larger margin.

Nationally, it was likely closer to 50/50, though pikely more anti-Bush in the Mountain West.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2015, 09:24:04 AM »
« Edited: March 29, 2015, 12:16:58 PM by pbrower2a »

Montana became R when the ranch interests became more powerful than the mining interests. To be sure, the mine owners can be reactionary in the extreme, but miners have often been the most militant union members of all. Ranch owners must create a tolerable existence for ranch hands, supplying even housing; ranch hands are much more isolated from each other than are miners who might live in mass settlements (towns) and thus unreachable by union organizers. The rancher-hand relationship is more paternal than adversarial in labor-management issues.  
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 10:29:47 AM »

Some Hillary supporters are still fantasizing about her winning this state against the "GOP clown car".

I don't think anyone realistically expects her to win MT, unless the Republican nominee is Carson. Montana's about as much a swing state as Oregon.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 03:39:00 AM »

I don't think any true Hillary supporter thinks she would win Montana, even against one of the loons, but they'd have to extremely looney like in the Carson/Palin tent.
mds32
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2015, 10:59:47 AM »

If you go to 270towin it is the only state that Walker leads in at the moment.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies