what are some areas that vote for the same party as they did decades ago
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:35:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  what are some areas that vote for the same party as they did decades ago
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: what are some areas that vote for the same party as they did decades ago  (Read 4650 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2020, 01:59:48 PM »

I am surprised this has not come out yet, but the Rio Grande border counties in Texas are actually a pretty good response.

In particular, Starr County, TX is now the new recordholder for longest Democratic streak (not Republican since 1892). And unlike in the cases of say, majority black Southern counties, in this case the Dem base has not changed.

And same applies for most of the general area. Even in R landslides this area voted titanium D with the same kind of people voting D.

I mean, the point of this thread is areas that vote the same party bur for different reasons, so this answer, while correct, it's a bit "swing and a miss".
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2020, 02:05:36 PM »

I am surprised this has not come out yet, but the Rio Grande border counties in Texas are actually a pretty good response.

In particular, Starr County, TX is now the new recordholder for longest Democratic streak (not Republican since 1892). And unlike in the cases of say, majority black Southern counties, in this case the Dem base has not changed.

And same applies for most of the general area. Even in R landslides this area voted titanium D with the same kind of people voting D.

I mean, the point of this thread is areas that vote the same party bur for different reasons, so this answer, while correct, it's a bit "swing and a miss".

Oh I read the exact opposite lol
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies