Putin: collapse of Soviet Union "a catastrophe" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:42:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Putin: collapse of Soviet Union "a catastrophe" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Putin: collapse of Soviet Union "a catastrophe"  (Read 2939 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: April 27, 2005, 01:48:38 AM »

From the Russia POV, it was. I'm sure when he means Soviet Union, he doesn't mean the regime, but the union.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 03:15:07 PM »

From the Russia POV, it was. I'm sure when he means Soviet Union, he doesn't mean the regime, but the union.

But for all the other peoples in the USSR POV, it was a lot more positive

I'm not sure about the central asia countires, nor Ukraine, Moldova and Adzerbajan to be sure. But anyways, Putin is not president of any of those countries, he's president of Russia, and most people in Russia are still bitter from the breaking of the Soviet union.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 12:42:12 PM »

My professor told me that Putin and his cronies hate Bush, despite all the public talk of a warm friendship. He said that their meeting in Slovakia earlier this year was quite unpleasant. Maybe the feeling is mutual.

I hate Putin too but what is the alternative to him? There is no effective opposition. His comment is terrible and shows how all he cares about is re-establishing Russia's former position as a Superpower.

I don't mean to put words in BRTD's mouth but Dazzleman we liberals did not like Soviet communism, we may have liked how it seemed theory but it obviously didn't work in practice. I am as happy as you are that the Berlin Wall came down.

So you think he should be a puppet who should submit to teh whims of the united statyes, like Tony Blair?
why shouldn't he pursue Rusia's interests? Isn't that what they elected him for?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies