Putin: collapse of Soviet Union "a catastrophe" (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:55:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Putin: collapse of Soviet Union "a catastrophe" (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Putin: collapse of Soviet Union "a catastrophe"  (Read 2928 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: May 02, 2005, 09:05:07 PM »

My professor told me that Putin and his cronies hate Bush, despite all the public talk of a warm friendship. He said that their meeting in Slovakia earlier this year was quite unpleasant. Maybe the feeling is mutual.

I hate Putin too but what is the alternative to him? There is no effective opposition. His comment is terrible and shows how all he cares about is re-establishing Russia's former position as a Superpower.

I don't mean to put words in BRTD's mouth but Dazzleman we liberals did not like Soviet communism, we may have liked how it seemed theory but it obviously didn't work in practice. I am as happy as you are that the Berlin Wall came down.
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 07:42:24 PM »

Of course I don't want him to be a puppet. But he is becoming a competitor to the United States, so I guess our relations will suffer either way.

I don't like him because he has technically outlawed any independent press and especially because of what he did to Mikhail Khodorkovsky. The man obviously doesn't believe in Democracy. Appointing the state governors?! This is 2005 not 1905. Putin is too authoritarian to tolerate.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies