YouGov: Hillary Clinton favorable rating turns negative
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:54:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  YouGov: Hillary Clinton favorable rating turns negative
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: YouGov: Hillary Clinton favorable rating turns negative  (Read 4596 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 14, 2015, 10:28:15 AM »

Poll from before scandal (Feb. 28 - March 2):

52-44 favorable

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/dwof401ark/econToplines.pdf

Poll from after scandal (March 11-13):

44-45 unfavorable

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/jrgg1hjo5k/tabs_HP_clinton_email_20150313.pdf

Also:

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 10:31:20 AM »

President O'Malley confirmed
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 10:38:20 AM »

That's brilliant! About time☺ Knew it, keep going after her on a variety of issues,  would cut her down to size👍
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 10:48:33 AM »

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 11:28:15 AM »

Just what I have been saying all along. Just as the media destroyed DWS, they will destroy Hillary. Hillary should not run. Repeat. She should not run.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »

65+ age group appears to be almost entirely the driving force. 2/3rds saying the scandal is very serious, they are following closely, and they have a negative opinion of Hillary. Every other group is only giving 25%-35% attention.

Just what I have been saying all along. Just as the media destroyed DWS, they will destroy Hillary. Hillary should not run. Repeat. She should not run.

She's going to die of Ebola in the pending economic collapse anyway. What does she have to lose?
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 12:03:15 PM »

No. Losing in 2016 won't be any more humiliating than losing to Obama in the 2008 primaries. If she's going to go down she should go down fighting, carrying the banner of the party proudly.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2015, 12:21:47 PM »

Jim Webb '16! Wink

Where's IceSpear?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2015, 12:49:32 PM »

I guess the Hillary Clinton is the most popular presidential candidate argument is a moot point now.
"'Oeps!' De blunders van Rick Perry Indicted"
DarthNader

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2015, 01:01:27 PM »

I'm shocked that after a week and a half of negative coverage, people who used to like Clinton say they're "not sure" while her negatives have risen a whopping 1%.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »

I'm shocked that after a week and a half of negative coverage, people who used to like Clinton say they're "not sure" while her negatives have risen a whopping 1%.

Well, the significance is that her numbers will likely drop even more when the campaign starts and she will be confronted with other scandals...
DarthNader

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2015, 01:17:11 PM »

I guess the Hillary Clinton is the most popular presidential candidate argument is a moot point now.

YouGov's last poll had Bush 52 unfavorable/33 favorable, and Walker 29/26, so not necessarily.
DarthNader

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 01:19:12 PM »

Well, the significance is that her numbers will likely drop even more when the campaign starts and she will be confronted with other scandals...

That is the Republican hope, yes, but nobody goes straight up or down from their announcement to the election. She'll have good weeks and bad weeks.
DarthNader

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 01:21:15 PM »

How much name recognition has Walker compared to Hillary? (Though I'm not suggesting that his numbers will improve once he has bigger name recognition)

It's implicit in the numbers that his name rec is far lower. I'm just pointing out that -1 is still better than other candidates.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »

Conveniently ignoring the fact that YouGov also showed Hillary at negative favorability in December 2014. Meaning it could very well just be statistical noise.

The totality of the evidence still suggests the "scandal" had little to no effect.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2015, 02:11:27 PM »

Right here!

I'm sure those 8% of Democrats who find emailgate very serious will propel Webb to victory. Wink
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2015, 02:21:22 PM »

Do you know something we don't or you are just wasting bandwidth with your wishful thinking?
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2015, 02:31:00 PM »

Do you know something we don't or you are just wasting bandwidth with your wishful thinking?

Meh, you're right, it's just wishful thinking. Sad  Hillary is inevitable...
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2015, 02:36:50 PM »

Okay, IceSpear. Say the word "Clinton." I feel you only know her first name
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2015, 03:40:38 PM »

Slow your roll.

Hillary Clinton has been a prominent political figure since the early 90s and involved in politics since the late 70s.  In our partisan environment, nobody will stay in the game that long without ticking people off.  But, that also means that people's image of Hillary Clinton is fairly cemented in their minds.  Can it change?  Yes.  Her polling numbers will go up and down.  Fundamentally, people will have the same opinion of Hillary Clinton unless something significant happens.

Left-wing Democrats will abandon Hillary Clinton during the primaries for a bit and come back for the general election.  Republicans will hate her more once FOX and talk radio turn up their propaganda campaign, but that barely matters. 

So, people keep talking up email-Ghazi and Benghazi-Ghazi or the other nothing scandals.  There's no there there.   People who want to hate Hillary Clinton will find a reason, but nobody is going to make up their mind unless there's something that actually matters.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »
« Edited: March 14, 2015, 10:46:17 PM by MW Rep BaconBacon96 »

On top of that, it was inevitable her approvals would start to go down once she started to appear like a candidate.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2015, 04:32:07 PM »

It's worth noting Internet polls appear to favor the far left and far right-both groups with intense dislike of Hillary.

My suspicion is that Hillary's approval ratings are up a few points both ways...if only because I find it hard to believe that 11% of voters don't know who she is.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2015, 07:07:17 PM »

It should be noted that Youguv is a British Polling firm with an extremely poor track record when it comes to  polling in the United States.  I'd like to see polls from other firms that confirm this.
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 01:12:13 AM »

I don't think this email nonsense is a complete non-story, like some do, but it's not going to derail Clinton's candidacy. The problem is that it reinforces the negative feelings people already associate with her and her husband, but that alone isn't enough to mortally wound her campaign. Bruise, yes, but no more than that. That this is happening in March of 2015 and not 2016 is on whole a good thing for her, since it's more than 18 months to the election. She'll be fine.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:25 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length