Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:50:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 58
Author Topic: Update XXII: Cleaning Up the Meat at [redacted].  (Read 161415 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2015, 06:50:01 PM »

Lifting 289 lbs of weight for 5.5 hours is serious exercise, Bush. That's why we wanted you to prepare but a las. You're going to feel every one of those calories tomorrow.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2015, 06:52:55 PM »

Lifting 289 lbs of weight for 5.5 hours is serious exercise, Bush. That's why we wanted you to prepare but a las. You're going to feel every one of those calories tomorrow.

Good thing I have two days to vegetate before I go at it again Friday.  Wednesday is supposed to be a wash out of a day so I can stay inside and heal up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2015, 06:54:38 PM »

Good thing I have two days to vegetate before I go at it again Friday.  Wednesday is supposed to be a wash out of a day so I can stay inside and heal up.

No no no no no. That's not how the human body works. If you spend the two days after vegetating, you'll feel the same 5.5 hours again on Friday. Bodies don't get better at physical endurance by resting. They get better by exercising.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2015, 06:56:44 PM »

No no no no no. That's not how the human body works. If you spend the two days after vegetating, you'll feel the same 5.5 hours again on Friday. Bodies don't get better at physical endurance by resting. They get better by exercising.

I'll make sure I do some indoor exercising on Wednesday.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2015, 07:22:33 PM »

On my last night before I start training, I am watching a double header of NBA Basketball on ESPN from now until midnight.  I will go to bed just after midnight and get up by 0830.  I don't want to get up too early as I will be working late into the evening.  I also reserve the right to take a nap tomorrow afternoon if I feel I need the extra energy for the evening.  I don't need to leave for work until 1625.  I should be home by 2250 tomorrow night.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:10 PM »

Just did a quick google search and it shows that just standing for 5 1/2 hours a day like I will do tomorrow and Friday, at my weight (289), I can burn over 800 calories per day.

You're back up to 289?  So you've gained a net 1 pound since beginning your "diet" last month?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207307.msg4508418#msg4508418

What's wrong with outdoor exercise?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2015, 08:49:57 PM »

How many cheat days have you used up this week? What will be your final pre-work meal?

I have used one, I ordered pizza last night.  My final pre-work meal will be at 1445 tomorrow afternoon and I don't know what I'll have, yet.

You'll be eating dinner at 2:45pm??
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2015, 08:51:05 PM »

Just did a quick google search and it shows that just standing for 5 1/2 hours a day like I will do tomorrow and Friday, at my weight (289), I can burn over 800 calories per day.  That number seems awfully high, does that sound right to anyone else or is it high?

At around your weight, you burn like 100 calories an hour just breathing and normal body functions so no.  So lets not take this any sort of workout, you are burning a few hundred calories more than sitting on your couch.  That would be erased by a handful of potato chips.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2015, 09:06:07 PM »

Just did a quick google search and it shows that just standing for 5 1/2 hours a day like I will do tomorrow and Friday, at my weight (289), I can burn over 800 calories per day.

You're back up to 289?  So you've gained a net 1 pound since beginning your "diet" last month?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=207307.msg4508418#msg4508418

What's wrong with outdoor exercise?

100% chance of rain.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2015, 09:07:18 PM »

How many cheat days have you used up this week? What will be your final pre-work meal?

I have used one, I ordered pizza last night.  My final pre-work meal will be at 1445 tomorrow afternoon and I don't know what I'll have, yet.

You'll be eating dinner at 2:45pm??

I'll be busy getting ready for work after that.  I may grab a light snack when I get home, but it won't be much if I get anything at all.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2015, 09:11:36 PM »

Just did a quick google search and it shows that just standing for 5 1/2 hours a day like I will do tomorrow and Friday, at my weight (289), I can burn over 800 calories per day.  That number seems awfully high, does that sound right to anyone else or is it high?

At around your weight, you burn like 100 calories an hour just breathing and normal body functions so no.  So lets not take this any sort of workout, you are burning a few hundred calories more than sitting on your couch.  That would be erased by a handful of potato chips.

If I burned that much while doing normal body functions, I'd be quite a bit lower than what I am now.  I don't really buy that.  Standing does burn calories.  I don't think it will be north of 800 calories, but even 400-500 calories burned is a significant amount compared to what I'm used to and will help as long as I don't go by Braum's or McDonald's on the way home.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2015, 09:50:57 PM »

At around your weight, you burn like 100 calories an hour just breathing and normal body functions so no.  So lets not take this any sort of workout, you are burning a few hundred calories more than sitting on your couch.  That would be erased by a handful of potato chips.

If I burned that much while doing normal body functions, I'd be quite a bit lower than what I am now.  I don't really buy that.  Standing does burn calories.  I don't think it will be north of 800 calories, but even 400-500 calories burned is a significant amount compared to what I'm used to and will help as long as I don't go by Braum's or McDonald's on the way home.
Bushie's excuse for eating fast food garbage going forward is that he is too tired to cook after a long day of standing. Guarantee it.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2015, 10:17:03 PM »

Bushie's excuse for eating fast food garbage going forward is that he is too tired to cook after a long day of standing. Guarantee it.

I predicted this in the IRC a little while ago. "I was so drained after such a busy day, that I had no option but to stop by Braum's. I know I'm going to get attacked for this, but I was tired and you can't expect me to not eat"
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2015, 10:20:23 PM »

...No, you are fat because you eat way too much.  Your Basal metabolic rate is probably 2400-2500 divide that by the hours in a day and do the math. It takes a lot of energy to pump blood throughout your large frame, and break down all those fats in Braum's triple cheeseburger.  Everything burns calories... including breathing, standing or running a marathon.  It is all a matter of degrees. You eat more than you burn and you'll get heavier in long run.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2015, 10:21:23 PM »

The Bushie Diet, 2015 Edition: Drinking Water and Standing Up.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2015, 10:29:43 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  That said if I can get my food right then the standing is GUARANTEED to make me lose weight.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2015, 10:31:35 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.  That said if I can get my food right then the standing is GUARANTEED to make me lose weight.

So, when are you starting this marathon? Because you've completely punted on this last "diet." If only idle planning and wishful thinking burned calories, eh?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2015, 10:32:49 PM »

It is 2230 which is 24 hours before my first shift ends.  This means I am officially into Work Night #2!!!!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2015, 10:33:30 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Again, if you're at 289 now, then you've *gained* a net of one pound since the "diet" started last month.

Hence you seem to be running the marathon backwards.  At the present rate, you'll marathon to 300 within a year.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2015, 10:33:58 PM »

So, when are you starting this marathon? Because you've completely punted on this last "diet." If only idle planning and wishful thinking burned calories, eh?

I will start the job tomorrow, so this means I will start standing for long periods tomorrow.  I just need to regulate my food intake and I'm golden.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2015, 10:34:35 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Again, if you're at 289 now, then you've *gained* a net of one pound since the "diet" started last month.

Hence you seem to be running the marathon backwards.  At the present rate, you'll marathon to 300 within a year.

The marathon hasn't started, yet.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2015, 10:34:56 PM »

I will start the job tomorrow, so this means I will start standing for long periods tomorrow.  I just need to regulate my food intake and I'm golden.

How are you going to regulate your food intake?  What are you actually going to do that's different from what you're already doing?
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2015, 10:35:42 PM »

I didn't gain this weight overnight and I won't lose it overnight.  It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Hence you seem to be running the marathon backwards.  At the present rate, you'll marathon to 300 within a year.

If this "diet" wasn't part of the marathon, then what was the point of it?
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2015, 10:35:53 PM »

So what happened to the last diet that you were so committed to and insistent that you were going to prove us all wrong?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »

Why is everyone suddenly on my case again?  I'm just confident about the health benefits of this job, is that a reason to hit me over the head with the failure of the last diet?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 58  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies