American-UK relations (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:14:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  American-UK relations (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: American-UK relations  (Read 2207 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« on: April 26, 2005, 03:57:17 PM »

I was searching around for some news on the UK election, and came across the following articles on my search.

(BBC) "Americans uninspired by UK poll"

An interesting take on how we view the British election.  Especially worth noting because of the high number of international posters on this forum.  Got me wondering how many Americans take part in UK election forums like this?

(Guardian Newspaper) "Dear Limey assholes..."

This newspaper attempted to influence last fall's election by doing a letter-writing campaign to various people in Clark County, OH.  I'm surprised I didn't hear about this before, because I don't live far from Springfield.  This article shows some of the responses from people all over the US to this campaign.  Although I disagree with what they tried to do, I'm a little stunned by some of the things people said to them.

(Times Newspaper) "Hail to the chiefs: how Americans lead way in the dark art of politics"

An interesting look at who Labour have now got on board to help them get re-elected.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 08:47:31 AM »

Pardon my ignorance.  Who is Michael Portillo?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies