2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:07:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 36992 times)
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« on: March 08, 2015, 06:28:01 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Campaign Schedule, October 1st-7th

"Our next President has gotta be looking out for the folks who were left behind in this economic recovery: working-class Americans who couldn't care less about how many points the Dow Jones jumped last week. Let's take steps to bring this recovery to everybody. Let's raise our federal minimum wage, let's instate real wage equality for everybody in this country, let's expand Social Security, and let's create good-paying jobs right here in America instead of rewarding outsourcing with corporate tax loopholes!"

October 1st, 2015
-Speech in Waterloo, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Cedar Falls, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Muscatine, Iowa
-Town Hall in Newton, Iowa

October 2nd, 2015
-Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Burlington, Iowa
-Town Hall in West Union, Iowa
-Appearance on The Rachel Maddow Show

October 3rd, 2015
-Meet and Greet in Ames, Iowa
-Town Hall in Marshalltown, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Waverly, Iowa
-Town Hall in Knoxville, Iowa
-Town Hall in Oskaloosa, Iowa

October 4th, 2015

CHUCK TODD: So, there's obviously a good chance your sexuality is discussed during the campaign--

BALDWIN: I don't see why it should be.

TODD: --well, the question of whether or not it should be is a different issue, but what do you say to those who believe that it's appropriate to consider that when deciding whether or not to cast their vote for Tammy Baldwin?

BALDWIN: *sigh, then a lighthearted chuckle* Chuck, I'm making a promise right here and right now that this will be the first and last time I discuss my sexuality throughout this campaign, because I don't think it needs to be an issue. I think our next President is going to have a plethora of issues to deal with -- real issues that middle- and working-class Americans face every day: wage stagnation, a rising cost of living, inability to find a good-paying job, et cetera. The sexual orientation of whoever is tackling these challenges...you know, who cares? Who cares? It's not an issue, and it has no effect on the job at hand.

-Appearance on Meet the Press
-Meet and Greet in Montezuma, Iowa
-Campaign Rally in Mason City, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Mason City, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Nevada, Iowa

October 5th, 2015
-Meeting with State Legislators from Southeastern Iowa, seeking endorsements
-Appearance on Hardball with Chris Matthews

October 6th, 2015
-Rest Day

October 7th, 2015

"By the end of this campaign, Iowans are going to know where I stand. I'm headed from county to county, Allamakee to Fremont, Lyon to Lee, to ensure that our fight to bring this economic recovery to each and every American reaches to each citizen of this state. No county will be missed. Folks, I want to hear from you. I want to hear your stories, your beliefs, the issues at the forefront of your minds. This is a grassroots campaign, and it starts with you. I'm asking you all to join, run, and fight for and with me. Iowa City, let's get to work!"

-Campaign Rally in Iowa City, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Iowa City, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Creston, Iowa
-Interview with KWWL News at Ten
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 07:31:18 PM »

OOC: Brewer, I think you are portraying Tammy Baldwin very well, and wish you good luck with your candidacy.

(Thank you my friend, and same to you!)
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2015, 11:27:14 AM »

Tammy Baldwin Ad: Rise Together
Running in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina

"Hi, I'm Tammy Baldwin. The great thing about America is that, as a strong and unified country, when we suffer setbacks, we rise back up together.

That's why it doesn't quite make sense that after our economic collapse in 2008, our recovery has been concentrated mainly with the wealthiest few. Let's raise our minimum wage, create good-paying middle-class jobs in manufacturing and renewable energy, and put an end to job outsourcing. At the end of the day, if you work hard, and you play by the rules, you deserve a fair shake at your American dream. Join me, and let's bring this economic recovery to everybody."
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 10:56:04 AM »

Statement by Baldwin Campaign

"Walter Mondale was a force to be reckoned with in Congress, always an unrivaled defender of working-class people and social justice in the United States of America," said Senator Baldwin, on hearing of the former Vice President's passing. "My heart is with his family and other loved ones as we all attempt to move forward in this time of grief and celebration of the Vice President's legacy."
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 02:20:11 PM »

Statement by Baldwin Campaign
After a week of struggling with an ugly case of the flu, Senator Baldwin would like to make it known to all of her supporters that both her and her campaign remain alive and well, and will be back, full speed ahead, in the coming week.

Tammy Baldwin Campaign Schedule, October 15th-21st

"In February of this year, five of my Senate colleagues and I sent a letter to the Department of Education, criticizing its failure to do the right thing when it came to utilizing its Congressionally-authorized tools to cancel out student loan debt. I stand by that position today, because it's common sense. Sucking hundreds of billions of dollars out of the pockets of our young people when there is a legal and sensible alternative available is absolutely immoral, it's bad economics, and it's just plain stupid. This is the future of our country we're talking about. How do we expect our young people to find good-paying jobs, to invent, develop, and invest in America when we won't even allow them an affordable college education? When I'm President, you can bet the Department of Education will be one that utilizes every tool it has to cancel out student loan debt for our young people!"

October 15th, 2015
-Speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
-Meet and Greet with Students at University of Iowa, discussing student loan debt
-Barnstorming in Iowa City, Iowa
-Barnstorming in Mount Ayr, Iowa

October 16th, 2015

QUESTION: Senator, how do you feel about the recent passage of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade deal?

BALDWIN: Well, I wasn't able to be very vocal about it right when it passed as I was ill, but make no mistake: this is a terrible deal. It's a terrible deal for workers, for the environment, for farmers, for almost everyone except the corporate bigwigs profiting off of it. Any deal negotiated in backrooms and hidden from the public eye so quietly as this one is bound to be harmful to the little guy, plain and simple.

QUESTION: Senator, you've said previously that you support expanding Social Security. Isn't it dangerous to meander around the significant problem of a broken entitlements system?

BALDWIN: Well, when I talk about my plan to expand Social Security, all I'm talking about is eliminating the cap on the payroll tax, which keeps those with incomes of over $250 grand from paying the same share into the system as everybody else. By doing this, we can keep Social Security solvent for at least the next four or five decades, while at the same time increasing benefits for seniors who have earned them. It's the fiscally and morally responsible thing to do.

-Meet and Greet in Greenfield, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Atlantic, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Boone, Iowa
-Live Q&A on Google Hangout

October 17th, 2015
-Meet and Greet in Carroll, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in West Des Moines, Iowa
-Appearance on Weekends with Alex Witt, discussing campaign, raising the minimum wage, and student loan debt
-Town Hall in West Des Moines, Iowa
-Meet and Greet in Des Moines, Iowa

October 18th, 2015

"Folks, mine is not a campaign built for the sole purpose of attacking. This is not a campaign against Hillary Clinton, or anybody else. What this is is a positive, issues-based campaign that is focused on policies to bring our economic recovery to those who have yet to see it in action, policies to bring about real fairness for all Americans, whether it be in the wages we earn, the benefits we receive, or the educations we strive for. Things like eliminating student loan debt, expanding Social Security, implementing equal pay for equal work -- no one else on the campaign trail is talking about these issues, yet they are so very crucial to the future of our nation and the American people. The candidates at the top of the polls feel that they'll be safe even if they ignore them. I feel differently, and that's what this campaign is all about!"

-Meet and Greet in Orange City, Iowa
-Speech in Sioux City, Iowa
-Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa
-Flight to Duluth, Minnesota

October 19th, 2015
-Town Hall in Duluth, Minnesota
-Meet and Greet in Bemidji, Minnesota
-Meet and Greet in Minnetonka, Minnesota
-Meet and Greet in Minneapolis, Minnesota

October 20th, 2015
-Meet and Greet w/ Students at University of Minnesota
-Speech at University of Minnesota
-Appearance on Now with Alex Wagner, discussing campaign, student loan debt

"Here's my philosophy: if you work hard, you play by the rules, you pay your taxes, you do everything in this country that you're supposed to do, you deserve a fair wage, a wage that isn't determined by your gender. You deserve an affordable education. You deserve job security and retirement security, the promise that what you have worked so hard to build will not be stripped from you with the snap of corporate fingers. You deserve a piece of this economic recovery. We need young people like you folks right here at the University of Minnesota, we need you, the future of this nation, to stand up and fight for these ideals! I need you to join me in this race as we fight for these principles! Mine is a grassroots campaign to move this country forward, and make no mistake: it starts with you!"

October 21st, 2015
-Flight to Manchester, New Hampshire
-Rest Day
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 04:30:53 PM »

Tammy Baldwin Ad: Fair Shot
Running in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Minnesota

"Hi, I'm Tammy Baldwin. For me, my American Dream was to make a real difference for the folks I grew up with, hard-working people who labored tirelessly to put food on the table every night for themselves and their families. There's over 300 million people in this country, and every one of us deserve an American Dream of our own."

Screen changes to images of college students in classroom.

"That's why if I'm President, the Department of Education will make good use of the tools it's already been given to eliminate student loans for our young people."

Screen changes to images of workers in factories, small businesses, etc.

"We'll raise our minimum wage to lift millions out of poverty, put an end to job outsourcing, and invest in jobs in manufacturing, infrastructure, and renewable energy."

Screen changes to elderly couple sitting together on porch while children play below.

"And we'll expand -- not cut, Social Security. You deserve the benefits you work for, simple as that."

Screen changes back to Baldwin.

"At the end of the day, I believe that if you work hard and play by the rules, you deserve a fair shot at your American Dream. Join me, and let's make that dream a reality."

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies