2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:15:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2016 Election Game: Campaign Thread  (Read 36950 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« on: March 08, 2015, 06:40:15 PM »

Dan Quayle Oct. 1-7:

Oct. 1st:
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Rally and Q&A in Ames, IA
Campaign Speech and Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Newton, IA

Excerpt from Town Hall:
Q: Why did you decide to run for President after all these years?
A: (Chuckle) Well, while it has been awhile, I've remained active in politics in more behind the scenes roles. But I decided to run because the Republican party needs unity, a leader they can get behind, because if the party isn't unified, there isn't a chance that we will win the White House. I have experience, conviction, and the understanding that the Republican party is a big tent. I have something to offer everyone, from the moderates to the conservatives, and even to the libertarians. I believe I am that leader that can take the whole Republican party to the White House.

Oct. 2nd:
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Marshalltown, IA
Meet & Greet in Cedar Falls, IA
Rally/Fundraiser and Campaign Speech in Waterloo, IA

Oct. 3rd:
Rally and Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Clinton, IA
Rally, Speech and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA

Oct. 4th:
Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Barnstorming in DeWitt, IA
Meet and Greet in Eldridge, IA

It's been a pleasure to meet all of you today! Let's work together to put a Republican back into the White House!

Oct. 5th:

Rally and Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Meet and Greet in North Liberty, IA
Rally, fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

Oct. 6th:
Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, IA

Oct. 7th:
Rally and Town Hall in Ames, IA
Rally, Fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Des Moines, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA

Campaign Ads:
TV and radio ad to be run in Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina:

When times of crisis arise, who do you want sitting in that chair? (show picture of oval office) Do you want someone who's never had any foreign policy experience? Or do you want someone who has been there? Dan Quayle has been there, he has worked inside the White House, he knows how things are done, and doesn't need any on the job training. Day one, he's prepared.

We need a candidate who has experience, knows how to get things done, and won't be a part of endless bickering. Dan Quayle is that candidate. Dan Quayle has been a Congressman, A Senator, a Vice-President, and a Businessman, he knows how things work. So vote for a candidate that knows how to get things done, vote for a candidate who won't play political games, vote Dan Quayle for President.

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 06:25:55 PM »

OOC: Can we get an extra day for the turn? Thanks.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 11:59:32 PM »

Dan Quayle Campaign Schedule:

Oct. 8th:
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Barnstorm in Ames, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Sioux City, IA

It is my goal to see this countries' economy restored, and I will do that by reducing government spending, trimming the waste and excess, lowering taxes on lower and middle income families, and restoring what Government is needed for, Infrastructure, roads and bridges, Defense, by updating our military and giving it what it needs, and restoring education by cutting bureaucracy so teachers can teach!

Oct. 9th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Barnstorm Cedar Rapids, IA

Oct. 10th:
Rally/Speech in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Meet and Greet in Clinton, IA

Oct. 11th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
Town Hall in Greenville, SC
Meet and Greet in Florence, SC
Rally/Campaign Speech in Charleston, SC

Oct. 12th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
Town Hall in Sioux City, IA
Town Hall in Storm Lake, IA
Barnstorming in Fort Dodge, IA

Oct. 13th:
Town Hall in Webster City, IA
Town Hall in Mason City, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Waterloo, IA

Hello Iowa! After eight years of democratic leadership in the White House, we need someone who can unite the party of conservatism and economic growth that WORKS back to the White House! We need someone with strong leadership to grow this economy again, and knows how to work, not just speak loudly! So let's unite under one banner to take back the White House!

Oct. 14th:
Rally in Dubuque, IA
Meet and Greet in Maquoketa, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Rally in Davenport, IA

Campaign Ads
TV and Radio ads to be run in the following states:

Hello, I'm Former Vice-President Dan Quayle. Those of you who remember me in that role remember the America I want to return to, a prosperous, strong America. When I was Vice-President, America was strong in its economy, with jobs in all sectors, strong and respected in the world, and our credit rating was top notch. Well I have experience in ushering those things in, as I did as Senator and Vice-President, and that is what I wish to do again. We need to boost the economy by building roads and bridges, promoting education in all fields, college, trade schools, and apprenticeships, and most importantly, lowering taxes on the middle class and the poor. So as it comes time to vote, vote for the candidate who has experience in getting things done, vote Dan Quayle.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:16:44 AM »

Dan Quayle Endorsements/Surrogates:

Fmr. Governor Mitch Daniels:

Vice-President Dan Quayle is a man I admire very much, and he has served Indiana well, and represents something that I think America needs right now, Hoosier common sense. He represents the Republican party as a whole, and is our ticket to the White House. He knows the issues that are before us today and knows how to get his hands dirty and get things done. That's why I am endorsing him for President.
(Oct 7th-14th Barnstorming Iowa)

Governor Mike Pence:

Dan Quayle is a man of action, a man of integrity, and overall, a true conservative! His principles stand with the Republican Party, and he is the man we need in the White House! He represents conservatism, and experience, and has the great capacity to lead, that is why I am endorsing Dan Quayle.

Senator Dan Coats:

I served with Dan Quayle, first in the House while he was in the Senate, then in the Senate while he was in the White House. This man is a man of character, a man of integrity, and a true conservative. He is experienced and the voice we need in the White House!

Fmr. Senator Dick Lugar:

I served with Dan Quayle in the Senate, and he is someone the Republican Party needs right now. He is principled, conservative, and has more foreign policy experience than the rest of the candidates put together! The Republican Party would be foolish not to nominate such a candidate for president.
(Oct 7th-14th In DC meeting with donors)

Fmr. Congressman Ben Quayle:

My father is a great man, with great ideas, and more experience than the rest of the crowd! He will bring princlipled leadership to the White House!
(Oct 7th-14th Barnstorming Nevada)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »

See, I'd love to do something like that, but I can only find images that look like this

I understand your pain, my candidate has been out of the spotlight for twenty years. So I get images like this:

Instead of more like this:
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2015, 12:24:26 AM »

OOC: I'll be out of town for spring break and will be on the road all day tomorrow so I don't think I can get a schedule up and am not sure about the rest of the week.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 03:16:24 PM »

Dan Quayle Debate Responses

1. What will you do as president to combat ISIS and other terrorist groups? Do you agree with how the Obama administration has handled this issue?

Over the past eight years, this President has failed at containing terrorism, what we must do is take action! If ISIS wants a war they'll get one, because they have continually fought against democratically elected governments, killed American citizens, this is an utter outrage that the president has failed to do anything! These people are desperately calling out for our help against this persecution. We must have peace through strength, and peace through strength and unity with our allies.

What we must do is first get the support of congress, with appropriating military might against ISIS, and then allying ourselves with other nations affected by ISIS. We will first escalate the drone strikes against ISIS, then weaken them with air and naval attacks. Only once we have provided a weak enemy can we even think about committing ground forces. This is a strategy that will eliminate ISIS, and promote democracy.

2. In recent years, relations between the US and Israel have become more strained. What would you do to improve relations and also resolve the dispute between the Israelis and the Palestinians?

Ultimately I am on the side of Israel, but we do have to take into account the thoughts of the Palestinians. What we need to do is arbitrate, not dictate, bring the two sides to the table and talk things over, that should be our first step, and work from there. I will work to continue Israel's sovereignty in the middle east, as they are one of our greatest allies. I will also work to solidify agreements by proposing trade and defense treaties with Israel.

3. Voters overwhelmingly favor an increase in the minimum wage, and multiple states have taken action on this. Do you favor increasing the minimum wage, and if so, by how much?

Ultimately, I am against a high federal minimum wage, as I believe it is the states' prerogative to compete with each other economically. This competition creates what is most needed, job creation and growth. The states should be at the center of this as well due to different costs of living in different states. A broad sweeping motion for over 300 million people would be an overstep of the federal government. Thus it should be states that decide the minimum wage, and I will veto any national minimum wage increases that do not directly correlate to inflation.

4. Do you agree with President Obama's executive order last year on immigration? What is your plan to reform the country's immigration system?

Two words: Absolutely not. This was a massive overstep of the executive branch, regardless of the effects. We have separation of powers here in the United States, and as president I will abide by the Constitution by not issuing sweeping executive orders such as this monstrosity!

Now my plan for immigration is increasing border security, and making bridges to citizenship, work visas, but we have to also enforce the laws that we have, rather than ignoring them. We should also eliminate reasons to illegally come here, crack down on employers hiring illegals, and eliminate benefits for illegal immigrants. And while the congress works on this, I will ENFORCE the laws that we have, rather than waving a blind eye to this problem.

5. Out of all the other people on this stage, who would you most want to have in your Cabinet, and for what position?

Personally, I like all of these men up here on stage, but I'm not going to offer anyone a cabinet position because I'm pretty sure that's illegal (chuckle). Now everyone up here represents the party, and I believe that all factions of the party should be represented in a cabinet. However since many up here are Senators, and we have a slim majority there, they should stay where they are, doing the good work in the Senate. Ultimately I would love to see Scott Walker or John Kasich in my Cabinet, either as Secretary of Commerce or Labor, they've done great jobs in improving their states for job creation.

My Own Question:

Now I'd like to pose my own question to my colleagues on the stage, what experience do you have that you believe will transpose into the highest office in the land? What major legislation have you passed? What are your qualifications for the highest office in the land?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 03:34:26 PM »

Dan Quayle Surrogates:

Today I endorse the only person who can lead this party to victory, the man who endorses conservative principles, and can unite the party and the nation after eight years of hard times, the man with the experience and the conviction to be president, Dan Quayle!
Fmr. Gov. Mitt Romney (2012 Nominee): Barnstorming New Hampshire

Dan Quayle is a Republican through and through, he is a consensus builder, and knows what it takes to lead this country through good times and bad, and I trust him in times of crisis. He is the man who needs no on the job training. He is the man we need in the White House!
Gov. Larry Hogan: Barnstorming New Hampshire

There is one candidate that you can trust to get Americans working again, and bring back American jobs. That candidate is Dan Quayle, he has the credentials, the conviction, and the character to be president. He's the man you can trust.
Gov. Rick Snyder: Barnstorming Iowa

The presidency is a big job, not something you want to put on just anyone, you need someone with experience, someone you know is capable, and someone who can win the presidency. That person is Dan Quayle, we don't need someone who needs on the job training, we've had that for the past 7 years!
Gov. Charlie Baker: Barnstorming New Hampshire

Fmr. Governor Mitch Daniels: Barnstorming Iowa
Governor Mike Pence: Barnstorming Iowa
Senator Dan Coats: Meeting with Donors
Fmr. Senator Dick Lugar: Made Finance Chair, meeting with donors
Fmr. Congressman Ben Quayle: Barnstorming Nevada

Jim Conroy (Charlie Baker's Campaign Manager) appointed national campaign manager
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 09:01:39 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2015, 11:25:51 PM by Lieutenant-Governor MadmanMotley »

Oct. 21-28: Same Schedule: Iowa
Organize Volunteers/Campaign team 8-12
Door-to-door barnstorming 1-5
Meet and Greets in small town halls 6-9

We need a candidate for the people, someone who understands small town America! I grew up in a small town called Huntington, Indiana, a rural community, and I worked for people like you when I was in the Senate, and I understand the needs of farmers, I understand the need for small businesses, and I know what it takes to represent you, the life-blood of America!

TV Ad to run in the following states:

What is required of a President? Experience, conviction, and values, the ability to unite the people. But how can you bring people together when you've not even completed a term in office? When you've not had to make the tough decisions?

We need someone who's been there.

We need someone with experience, who can unite the party.

We've had seven years of someone who needed on the job training

We need someone who can lead, who knows what needs to be done.

So vote for the man who's been there.

Vote Dan Quayle.

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 11:35:46 PM »

Quayle Campaign Statement:

The Quayle campaign offers condolences to the Cruz family, and would like to tell them that the Quayles' and all of our staff will be keeping your family in our prayers.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2015, 11:26:23 PM »

Bump?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 09:31:10 PM »

Can we get an extra day on this?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2015, 10:04:49 PM »

Oct. 29:
Local media interview
Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

Oct. 30:
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Rally and Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Ames, IA

Oct. 31:
Rally in Sioux City, IA

Nov. 1:
Barnstorm and Meet and Greet in Glenwood, IA
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Shenandoah, IA

Nov. 2:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Red Oak, IA
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Clarinda, IA
Meet and Greet and Barnstorming in Creston, IA

Nov. 3:
Meet and Greet in Osceola, IA
Meet and Greet and Town Hall in Leon, IA
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Corydon, IA

Nov. 4:
Barnstorming and Meet and Greet in Centerville, IA
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Albia, IA
Rally and Speech in Ottumwa, IA
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 10:24:41 PM »

New Endorsements:

Lisa Murkowski:
...Dan Quayle is exact what this country, and what this party needs right now, a leader, who is strong in his convictions and knows how to work not only with his whole party, but also across the aisle in order to get things done. With him at the helm, we will have a strong president and our country will prosper. (Barnstorming Iowa)

Elizabeth Dole:
I know what it is like to work to pass legislation in this country, and so does Dan Quayle, he is not a rabble rouser like others in this race, instead he is a doer, a real consensus maker, a man of the people, and will lead this country to prosperity through unity. (Barnstorming South Carolina)

Linda Lingle:
As a Republican Governor in a very blue state I can sort those who just want to make a point and those who want to make a difference and get things done. Dan Quayle is the one who wants to make a real difference. He is the president that America needs right now, not a divisive leader, but a unifier! (Barnstorming New Hampshire)

John Cornyn:
Dan Quayle represents something different than all the other candidates, he represents a vision for America, a vision not of radicalism, but of bringing people together, to make sure this country can survive another 200 years. He represents every facet of the Republican party, he represents rural America, he represents conservative convictions, and that is what we need right now. (Barnstorming South Carolina)

Shelley Moore Capito
Only one man can bring us victory in November, only one man can unity the party, only one man can unite the nation, and that man is Dan Quayle! A proven leader, he is the experience we need while still offering the conservatism that will bring us prosperity! (Barnstorming Iowa)

Other Surrogates:
Fmr. Gov. Mitt Romney (2012 Nominee): Barnstorming Iowa
Fmr. Senator Dick Lugar: Made Finance Chair, meeting with donors
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2015, 09:32:53 PM »

Quayle Campaign Statement
We are deeply shocked and saddened at the death of Governor Walker, he was a great governor, and a great member of the party. My family and the entire staff here at the Quayle campaign offer our condolences to the Walker family, and we are keeping them in our prayers.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 12:33:29 AM »

OOC: Any chance we could get some debate questions?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2015, 12:52:09 AM »

Nov. 5th:
Rally and Q&A in Ames, IA
Campaign Speech and Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Newton, IA

Nov. 6th:
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Marshalltown, IA
Meet & Greet in Cedar Falls, IA
Rally/Fundraiser and Campaign Speech in Waterloo, IA

Nov. 7th:
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Clinton, IA
Rally, Speech and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA

Nov. 8th:
Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Barnstorming in DeWitt, IA
Meet and Greet in Eldridge, IA

Nov 9th:
Rally and Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Meet and Greet in North Liberty, IA
Rally, fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

Nov. 10th:
Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, IA

Nov. 11th:
Rally and Town Hall in Ames, IA
Rally, Fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Des Moines, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA

Campaign Ads:
TV and radio ad to be run in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Florida and South Carolina:

When times of crisis arise, who do you want sitting in that chair? (show picture of oval office) Do you want someone who's never had any foreign policy experience? Or do you want someone who has been there? Dan Quayle has been there, he has worked inside the White House, he knows how things are done, and doesn't need any on the job training. Day one, he's prepared.

We need a candidate who has experience, knows how to get things done, and won't be a part of endless bickering. Dan Quayle is that candidate. Dan Quayle has been a Congressman, A Senator, a Vice-President, and a Businessman, he knows how things work. So vote for a candidate that knows how to get things done, vote for a candidate who won't play political games, vote Dan Quayle for President.

Surrogates:
Sen. Lisa Murkowski: Barnstorming Iowa
Fmr. Sen. Elizabeth Dole: Barnstorming Iowa
Fmr. Gov. Linda Lingle: Barnstorming Iowa
Sen. John Cornyn: Meeting with Donors
Sen. Shelley Moore Capito: Barnstorming Iowa
Fmr. Gov. Mitt Romney (2012 Nominee): Barnstorming New Hampshire
Fmr. Senator Dick Lugar: Meeting with donors
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 03:17:34 PM »

Excerpts from Town Halls:

Q: Mr. Quayle, what is your position on the budget deficit?

A: Well, too often we oversimplify the budget deficit, in that a budget deficit is a terrible thing, that's not always the case. But we've had too many years of budget deficits and as a result our debt is rising and our economy is continue to destabilize. What we need to do is curb spending, reevaluate the tax code, and get people working again. We've kept interest rates too low for too long, and with the loss of jobs we have less people paying taxes. So we have a double edged sword coming at us, and it requires a double edged action. We need to cut spending, trim it wherever possible, and streamline the bureaucracy. At the same time we need to get people working again, give incentives for companies to hire workers so we have fewer people on the government dime, and more people paying back into the system.

Q: Mr. Quayle, we've seen rising drug crime, and currently the U.S. has the largest incarceration rate of any country, how would you fix this?

A: For so long we've had the federal government trying to crack down on criminals, and that doesn't work very well. We need the states to be making these decisions on the sentencing of drug crimes. In keeping with that, we need to reduce or eliminate mandatory sentencing, so we don't have these young kids who may make a mistake have their whole lives ruined. We also need to eliminate private prisons, recent studies have shown that those in private prisons stay in those prisons longer and are more likely to commit crimes in the future. So the whole problem can not be solved overnight, but a Quayle administration would work to reduce crime for years to come.

Q: Does this mean you support the legalization of marijuana?

A: I personally do not support it, but I think that the federal government shouldn't try and overrule states that do choose to legalize it. I also do not think that it should be classified as a schedule 1 drug, and that it should be treated more as a medical problem than a criminal problem. But it should ultimately be up to individual states to decide, and if there is a mass legalization, I would support federal regulation and a federal sales tax on it.

Q: Should there be a federal law on the ban or limit of selling semi-automatic firearms?

A: Again a federal law would be an overstep of the U.S. Constitution, and the anyone who proposes a ban on semi-automatic weapons has no idea what they are talking about in terms of firearms. Most firearms on the market are semi-automatics. Also any restrictions on magazines is another non-issue, as most crimes are done with small, concealable weapons, not AR-15s. When it comes to background checks I am not opposed to it, but I would prefer that states are the ones when it comes to regulation and enforcement.

Excerpts from Media Interview:

Q: Mr. Quayle, now that race from the Republican nomination as narrowed as a four-way race between you, Sen. Paul, Fmr. Gov. Bush, and Mr. Trump, what do you think about each of these candidates?

A: *Chuckle* Putting me on the spot, eh? Well when it comes to Senator Paul, I believe he's done a great deal for the party, and for criminal justice reform. He represents a large portion of Libertarian-Republicans and is quite possibly the future of the party. Mr. Bush, I've known him since before he was Governor of Florida, and worked with his father as you know *chuckle*, he seems to be a consensus maker, but his views seem to change quite a bit, and he represents the old wing of the Republican party. He's a good man, but I think the party, and the country is ready for someone besides another Bush. As for Mr. Trump, he knows how to excite a crowd and get them riled up. However his plans for the country are rather vague and simplified.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies