What to do about Chavez? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:15:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  What to do about Chavez? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What to do about Chavez?  (Read 4834 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: April 26, 2005, 07:18:51 AM »

It seems he has been jailing some American citizens and the military exchange program is now on the rocks. Yep, Venezuela appears to be headed towards a Chavez communist regime. Certainly a threat to our oil. Smiley What should the US do?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 10:59:12 AM »

The Americans he's been jailing were spying on his military facilities, and he has agreed to release them back to the US.

Just leave him alone.

Yes, the US spying technology is so poor that they have to have their own people stand outside facilities with cameras clicking away. Hilarious. The US doesnt need humans on the ground with cameras to get photos. They do the majority of their survelliance from 30 miles up w/a sattelite that can read a license plate.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 11:46:52 PM »

Remember, as oppose to Musharaf  in Pakistan, for example, Chavz  came to power in a democratic  election process

So in other words. Shira supports communist regimes.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:47:27 AM »

America MUST develop alternate-fuels NOW. It's already bad enough pouring money in to the vicious Muslim countries. Now communists too?

TAKE THE BUS or your supporting Islamic dictatorships and communism.

Citgo is run by a Venezeulan company. For the record, thought I'd mention it. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 11:07:33 AM »

We have some anti-American liberals who favor leftist governments simply because they are hostile to the US, but I don't think this is the right path.

no it is not because they are hostile to the US, it's because we agree with their economic policies more. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR G HEAD.

Yes, because communism was a huge success. I mean, who doesnt want breadlines?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 11:13:47 AM »

Except Chavez isn't a communist.

I'm just sick of dazzleman saying liberals like anyone who's anti-American. Does he think liberals are giant fans of bin Laden?

Obviously they are...more like apologists for terrorists really.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 10:36:21 PM »

Some one mentioned Communism.

"I have heard from lots of people that communism is dead and they make some good points, the Soviet Union has fallen, China and Vietnam are both heading toward capitalism and Cuba is too weak to make a differance.
I have also heard the argument that communism is back on the rise. Venezuela, Chiapas and several other south american movements are gaining strength and support. Cuba has increased the effectiveness of its social policies and remained communist. China is moving toward capitalism but still has a huge communist movement.

'Communism hasnt even been born.

None of those countries, not even Cuba, have come close to creating a communist society. Remember that communism in it's present form is still only about 160 years old - it needs a lot more time before anyone can say communism is dead. Plus there is a great revolutionary spirit that is growing.'"
From http://www.revolutionaryleft.com/index.php?showtopic=34935

Okie Dokie. So you're saying Stalin wasn't a communist?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies