Southeast Governors Thread.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:39:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Southeast Governors Thread.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Southeast Governors Thread.  (Read 3644 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 25, 2005, 12:18:12 AM »

Hello my fellow S.E. Atlasians!

This will be my thread to post news/info/new laws, etc. for the SE Region. So if you live in the SE you need to check this thread for related materials. Thanks. Smiley

??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 12:18:54 AM »

My first act as SE Governor is to appoint WiseGuy as Lt. Gov. Welcome WiseGuy. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 12:26:03 AM »

Great news.  Any reason why you're in Britain?  Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 12:44:09 AM »

I'm on holiday. Smiley Staying at Als' house. Tongue It's a nice little...coal mine. ehehe
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2005, 12:44:47 AM »

I'm on holiday. Smiley Staying at Als' house. Tongue It's a nice little...coal mine. ehehe

Just watch out for dead canaries.
WiseGuy

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 03:03:15 PM »

My first act as SE Governor is to appoint WiseGuy as Lt. Gov. Welcome WiseGuy. Smiley

I accept the appointment.  Thanks for this great opportunity.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 01:37:37 PM »
« Edited: April 26, 2005, 01:39:18 PM by Governor StatesRights »

My second act as Governor of the SE Region is to immediately nullify The Marriage Equity Act. I feel that the people of the Southeast have not had the right to voice their opinion on this matter, the proper manner in which this issue should be addressed and that's at the polls. I feel this Act oversteps the bounds of the federal government and is a clear violation of region rights. The southeast will no longer recognize any "gay marriage" as a legal contract of any sort. I would ask for a citizen of the southeast to propose a bill dealing with this matter, if he/she wishes, so it can be voted for by the citizens of the southeast.     
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 03:10:55 PM »

My second act as Governor of the SE Region is to immediately nullify The Marriage Equity Act. I feel that the people of the Southeast have not had the right to voice their opinion on this matter, the proper manner in which this issue should be addressed and that's at the polls. I feel this Act oversteps the bounds of the federal government and is a clear violation of region rights. The southeast will no longer recognize any "gay marriage" as a legal contract of any sort. I would ask for a citizen of the southeast to propose a bill dealing with this matter, if he/she wishes, so it can be voted for by the citizens of the southeast.     

Might I remind you that in the Powers of the Senate and the Regions amendment the power to set and define marriage is delegated to the Senate not to the Regions. Thus all of your actions are unconstitutional, are illegal and treason against the Constitution of Atlasia.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 03:55:08 PM »

I see a second civil war comming.
WiseGuy

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 04:43:52 PM »

Might I remind you that in the Powers of the Senate and the Regions amendment the power to set and define marriage is delegated to the Senate not to the Regions. Thus all of your actions are unconstitutional, are illegal and treason against the Constitution of Atlasia.

I agree.  Even though I support Regions deciding on how to define marriage, now that it has already been set up this way, we'll have to amend the Constitution.  I can ask Sen. Spade to propose it to the Senate.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2005, 04:44:19 PM »

I feel the federal govt of Atlasia has overstepped its bounds in regard to power. Federal power is getting out of control and I plan on crushing an obnoxious and instrusive govt. before it starts. I am defending the right of the people to have a voice and stopping a Senatorial tyranny.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2005, 04:46:20 PM »

I feel the federal govt of Atlasia has overstepped its bounds in regard to power. Federal power is getting out of control and I plan on crushing an obnoxious and instrusive govt. before it starts. I am defending the right of the people to have a voice and stopping a Senatorial tyranny.

You intend to stop the federal government from overstepping it's bounds(which it isn't, check the Powers Amendment) by overstepping the bounds on your own power? You have no authority whatsoever to nullify laws, be they federal or regional - neither the federal nor Southeastern Constitution grants you that power.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2005, 04:54:07 PM »

You intend to stop the federal government from overstepping it's bounds(which it isn't, check the Powers Amendment) by overstepping the bounds on your own power? You have no authority whatsoever to nullify laws, be they federal or regional - neither the federal nor Southeastern Constitution grants you that power.

I'm giving myself that authority. Its a power reserved to the regions. And I'll stand by it.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2005, 05:01:23 PM »

I'm giving myself that authority. Its a power reserved to the regions. And I'll stand by it.

The people were not given a voice in you deciding to take up this power, therefore as a Southeastern citizen I nullify your power to nullify. Smiley

Seriously though, you don't have the authority to give yourself powers. You talk about consent of the people, but the Southeastern people elected you to use the constitutional powers of the position of Govenor, not to seize extra-constitutional powers that you just made up. If you want this power, ask the people for it, don't seize it without permission.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2005, 05:04:55 PM »

As a southeast citizen, it would be unconstitutional for me to give him this power.  Thus, the only way around it to alter the constitution.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2005, 06:28:09 PM »

Dibble, I ask you to please refrain from comments until after the case has been heard by the Court.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2005, 08:19:12 PM »

Dibble, I ask you to please refrain from comments until after the case has been heard by the Court.

Ah, yes, sometimes I forget my position. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 11:12:06 PM »

I am mobilizing all Southeastern militia and whatever naval ships we have in our control. Our troops will stand by waiting for a decision by the courts of Atlasia. We hold no hostile intent in this action though we are concerned about the other regions mobilizing their militias.

Thank you.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2005, 03:10:49 PM »

My next act will be to nullify any southeastern law for "recall elections" in the Southeast region. No petition for any sort of recall will be recognized by the southeast government.

That is all.
CheeseWhiz
YaBB God

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2005, 03:20:42 PM »

Have you no decency?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2005, 03:22:18 PM »

Why even pretend to be a Governor any longer? Perhaps you could declare yourself Dictator.
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2005, 03:33:55 PM »

I agree, resisting tyranny from the federal government is one thing, but restraining democracy in our own region is another.
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2005, 03:44:18 PM »

States, why do you have Mary Cheney in your profile?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2005, 03:46:35 PM »

My next act will be to nullify any southeastern law for "recall elections" in the Southeast region. No petition for any sort of recall will be recognized by the southeast government.

That is all.

I wish to give $3.5 million dollars to any Pro-Atlasia rebel group in the SE to topple the fascist dictatorship  of StatesRights/Jake and break Harry out of jail.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2005, 03:47:55 PM »

That is all.

I wish to give WiseGuy $3.5 million dollars to topple the fascist dictatorship  of StatesRights and break Harry out of jail.

Correction:  I wish to give WiseGuy $3.5 million dollars to topple the fascist dictatorship of StatesRights.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies