2004: Lieberman vs Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:40:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004: Lieberman vs Bush
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004: Lieberman vs Bush  (Read 1510 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2015, 08:57:25 PM »

How would the election go with map
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:45:10 PM »

Foreign policy was Bush's only strength in that election. Being basically the same makes that moot giving Joey a narrow win.

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:28:03 AM »

Who could have been a good VP for Lieberman?  He'd need someone close enough to him ideologically to be cohesive but with enough differences that he can expand his appeal, particularly to the more liberal part of the party.  John Kerry maybe?  That's pretty New England heavy though. And as Joe is balding and grey it would help to have someone young and energetic looking, but I can't see John Edwards as a good fit.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 07:22:00 AM »

Who could have been a good VP for Lieberman?  He'd need someone close enough to him ideologically to be cohesive but with enough differences that he can expand his appeal, particularly to the more liberal part of the party.  John Kerry maybe?  That's pretty New England heavy though. And as Joe is balding and grey it would help to have someone young and energetic looking, but I can't see John Edwards as a good fit.

It would have been Kerry or Clark, clearly a national security democrat, but I would have preferred Gephardt-Kerry than a Lieberman-Clark ticket.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 03:39:05 AM »

It would have been Kerry or Clark, clearly a national security democrat, but I would have preferred Gephardt-Kerry than a Lieberman-Clark ticket.

I have to believe Lieberman would have at least considered Joe Biden or Bill Nelson as well.
Earthling
Netherlands

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 11:22:10 AM »

A Bush loss to Lieberman in 2004 may have been prevented had it been for 16 years earlier and the Bush/Quayle camp giving a few more resources to Lowell Weicker.

A Bush loss to Lieberman in 2004 may have been prevented had papa Lieberman and mama Lieberman never met.......
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies