Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:18:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!)  (Read 2992 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2015, 07:50:34 PM »
« edited: February 20, 2015, 08:51:17 PM by Harry S Truman »

On February 20, Mideast Voters will choose
the man who will represent them in the Senate
for the next four months.

As a member of the Senate, Senator Windjammer has consistently supported commonsense policies to make life easier for the average Atlasian. From introducing legislation to allow workers time off on Sundays for religious reasons to supporting changes to the Civil Rights Act of 2014, making that law both reasonable and viable, Senator Windjammer has shown his commitment to honest, sustainable policies. Maybe that's why his opponents have raised not one specific complaint about his policies over the course of this campaign, instead focussing on a personal misunderstanding between Windjammer and his colleague that has long since been patched up.

On February 20, vote for the candidate who will put your interests before partisan politics.

Windjammer for Senate

Paid for by private citizen Harry S Truman and not in any way affiliated with Senator Windjammer.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 08:01:57 PM »

I fully support our Mideast senator. #fourmoremonths
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 09:11:14 PM »

I fully support windjammer for reelection. This rightwing smear campaign shall fall flat on its face.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 09:13:30 PM »

I fully support windjammer's reelection as well.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 09:14:58 PM »

I fully support windjammer's reelection as well.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 09:48:24 PM »

Comrade-Senator Windjammer has been a truly exemplary public servant. The fact that his opponents have had to desperately resort to false personal attacks and accusations just speaks to how impeccable his record has been. I trust the good people of the Mideast to do the right thing and return him to the Senate for four more months.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 09:49:11 PM »

I'd like windjammer to speak on his own behalf on what he'd do with a second term.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 09:54:22 PM »

I'd like windjammer to speak on his own behalf on what he'd do with a second term.

From an interview I did with Windjammer:
HST: Assuming you are reelected, what will your first priority be for your second term?
W: Some of the bills I introduced during my first term haven’t been debated yet and I guess they will be debated during the next session.

(Here, the Senator went on the quote from the "Tips and Gratuities Preservation Act" he authored, which would prevent employers from counting tips as part of their employees' salaries.)

W: The Midwest, the Northeast and the South passed a similar bill last year. But unfortunately, no such bill passed the Pacific, and it was rejected in the Mideast.
I believe this is important that employees are protected from this potential situation. Indeed, if someone gives them Tips or gratuities, it means they believe this employee made a wonderful job and they wanted to reward him. If they wanted to to reward the employer, they would have given tips directly. Every employee deserves to keep his tips.

The other piece of legislation I have introduced and that hasn’t been debated yet:

(The Senator quoted a piece of legislation that would allow workers to refuse to work on Sundays for religious reasons.)

W: My biggest senate work if I’m reelected will likely be writing an important bill for workers having disabilities (l’m not sure if this is the good term, so some examples: someone who is blind for example). Atlasia doesn’t have specific legislations for helping these people to find a job. And this is sad because they really need that (for obvious reasons!).
The other big issue will be obviously game reform. I’m working with Senator Cris on giving duties for the VP for example. I believe senate districts are a good idea and need to be debated.  I will consider as well to run for Speaker if I’m reelected.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 10:45:35 PM »

HST: Assuming you are reelected, what will your first priority be for your second term?
W: Some of the bills I introduced during my first term haven’t been debated yet and I guess they will be debated during the next session.

(Here, the Senator went on the quote from the "Tips and Gratuities Preservation Act" he authored, which would prevent employers from counting tips as part of their employees' salaries.)

W: The Midwest, the Northeast and the South passed a similar bill last year. But unfortunately, no such bill passed the Pacific, and it was rejected in the Mideast.
I believe this is important that employees are protected from this potential situation. Indeed, if someone gives them Tips or gratuities, it means they believe this employee made a wonderful job and they wanted to reward him. If they wanted to to reward the employer, they would have given tips directly. Every employee deserves to keep his tips.

The other piece of legislation I have introduced and that hasn’t been debated yet:

(The Senator quoted a piece of legislation that would allow workers to refuse to work on Sundays for religious reasons.)

W: My biggest senate work if I’m reelected will likely be writing an important bill for workers having disabilities (l’m not sure if this is the good term, so some examples: someone who is blind for example). Atlasia doesn’t have specific legislations for helping these people to find a job. And this is sad because they really need that (for obvious reasons!).
The other big issue will be obviously game reform. I’m working with Senator Cris on giving duties for the VP for example. I believe senate districts are a good idea and need to be debated.  I will consider as well to run for Speaker if I’m reelected.

A month ago.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 10:48:04 PM »

A month ago.
Which was also the last time we heard from Spiral, interestingly enough.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2015, 12:01:55 AM »

When radicals in the Senate tried to raise the minimum wage to $25 an hour, a move economists say would send inflation through the roof, Senator Windjammer joined his moderate colleagues in voting to table the bill. The moral? Senator Windjammer will fight for reality-based economics. And he's not afraid to break with his own party to do it.

As the Senate debates numerous bills concerning our nation's economy, from the 2015 Budget to a new minimum wage law, we need Senator Windjammer's reasonable voice in the Senate. On February 20, vote for the man who will fight for you and your paycheck.

Windjammer for Senate

Paid for by private citizen Harry S Truman and not in any way affiliated with Senator Windjammer.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2015, 12:26:46 AM »

I thought Joe Biden was Bacon King Tongue
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2015, 12:57:44 AM »

Surely, Senator Windjammer should be be campaigning himself?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2015, 05:29:13 AM »

You're a true progressive voice in the senate. Endorsed.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2015, 05:43:25 AM »
« Edited: February 18, 2015, 07:40:20 AM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

Surely, Senator Windjammer should be be campaigning himself?

I haven't asked anyone to campaign for me if this is what you're implying?

-------------------
Well,
I'm deeply honoured to see how some Mideasterners deeply want me to be reelected.  Whatever I'm defeated or I'm reelected, I would have been honoured by all this support Cheesy.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 06:29:59 AM »

Welp you've voted to impeach many people I like in Atlasia and you're Labour.

I do like how you've kept people on their toes and have not been completely party line.

I just don't think that TPP people should be campaigning so vigorously for you but I guess that means you're doing something right Tongue
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2015, 06:59:45 AM »

No, it's just interesting to see campaign surrogates.

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2015, 04:32:09 PM »

When the Civil Rights Act of 2015 was brought before the Senate, Senator Windjammer was among those concerned that this bill would compromise freedom of expression in Atlasia. Realizing that it was important to craft a bill that protected civil rights for women, gays, and minorities while still respecting the Bill of Rights, Senator Windjammer joined forces with his colleagues and the Lumine Administration to do just that. The result, after nearly two months, is a law that balances every citizen's right to free speech with protections of the most vulnerable among us.

Unlike some in Atlasia, Senator Windjammer did not rush to arm his supporters the moment the Civil Rights Act passed the Senate, nor did he reject the possibility of compromise with other parties. As the Senate considers future legislation on this issue, we need a senator in Nyman who will continue to stand up for Civil Rights, for all citizens.

Windjammer for Senate

Jerseyrules
United States

Political Matrix
E: 10.00, S: -4.26

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2015, 08:46:38 PM »

Though a proud member of the Federalist Party, I am equally proud to have cast my ballot for Senator Windjammer, who is not afraid to buck his party and take on the mainstream establishment to do what is right for the Mideast, and what is right for Atlasia.  Let's give him another four months to keep fighting for the people of the Mideast.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2015, 08:51:01 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2015, 08:52:39 PM by Harry S Truman »

The Mideast Record-Courier has the following projection to make:

Windjammer has been reelected Mideast Senator

At this point, the way the electorate is shifting makes it highly improbable, if not impossible, that Senator Windjammer will be defeated in this election. As the race currently stands, the senator has managed to turn out his base in large numbers while making significant inroads among center and center-right leaning voters. Having reviewed the partisan breakdown of the electorate and consulted our fellow media sources, we have come to the conclusion that he has established a sufficient bulwark to withstand any gains made by his opponent over the next two days. As such, we are projecting that Senator Windjammer will continue to serve as the Mideast Regional Senator in the 66th and 67th Senates.

Current Vote Totals
Windjammer (Lab): 16 (66.7%)
Spiral (DR): 7 (29.2%)
Other: 1 (4.2%)

Current Composition of the Senate
[LAB] [LAB] [LAB] [? ? ?] [? ? ?] [? ? ?] [TPP] [TPP] [TPP] [FED]

MIDEAST

Windjammer (Labor)
63% (17)
Spiral (Democratic-Republican)
33% (9)
SPC (Labor)
4% (1)

PROJECTION - LABOR HOLD
WINDJAMMER RE-ELECTED

With over half the ballots in the Mideast Region cast, it appears that Labor Senator Windjammer has been re-elected to the seat he won by a shock landslide last October. Although later turnout is likely to favor his Democratic-Republican opponent, he has made inroads among the crucial swing voters he needed to maintain his lead, including social conservatives and TPPiers, and his final lead is virtually guaranteed. Going into the night, this race had been predicted to be very close, as while the Senator is a popular, charismatic figure among his supporters, he has been involved in a number of controversies  lately and been under heavy criticism. His opponent, former Senator Spiral, had also been highly touted, but in the end has fallen short. However, it appears likely future races in the Mideast will be highly contested.

Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »

Cheesy Smiley Cheesy
Congrats to our senator!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 10:59:49 PM »

Well Congrats man. Smiley You have made history, again.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2015, 11:04:35 PM »

This isn't his actual thread, merely a fan thread.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2015, 11:08:06 PM »

The labor wave is building!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2015, 11:16:59 PM »

This isn't his actual thread, merely a fan thread.

Wow, that is going the distance. I don't think I have ever seen that before. So "they" still made history. Tongue
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies