The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:34:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90401 times)
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #725 on: June 02, 2017, 01:08:25 AM »

rut roh!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #726 on: June 02, 2017, 05:07:44 AM »

As far as I'm concerned Virginia could have posted detailed photos of BRTD's private parts on AAD. It still has nothing to do with her posting here.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #727 on: June 02, 2017, 07:38:34 AM »

My desire to keep this thread open (since it violates no rule whatsoever) has nothing to do with Virginia at all.  She's a top-tier poster, and mature well beyond her years. 
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #728 on: June 02, 2017, 07:43:46 AM »

Ironically Tony would probably flip out and be disgusted and offended if he saw the thread Virginia posts in the most on AAD.

By all means enlighten me. Roll Eyes

Tony, if you saw it you would literally have a heart attack.  Don't even think about it, trust me.  Tongue
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #729 on: June 02, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »

Ironically Tony would probably flip out and be disgusted and offended if he saw the thread Virginia posts in the most on AAD.

The prude mods here would delete anything I posted from there here. Actually we had a similar thread at one point but it got banned.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #730 on: June 02, 2017, 09:56:13 AM »

The prude mods here would delete anything I posted from there here. Actually we had a similar thread at one point but it got banned.

You can always PM him, you know.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #731 on: June 02, 2017, 11:57:36 AM »

I'm guessing something like, "Post Pictures of Hot Women Here Thread".
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #732 on: June 02, 2017, 12:16:55 PM »

Oh, that? LOL, who cares.

Gotta love people building it up as a SHOCKING REVELATION though.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #733 on: June 02, 2017, 12:18:10 PM »

Damn, I'm now almost tempted to join AAD just for that!
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #734 on: June 02, 2017, 12:21:40 PM »

Lmao. I love how the AAD cult is trying to turn Tony against Virginia (and failing entirely) because you can't handle the fact that one of your echo chamber's idols was a total douche who wasn't even that good of a poster.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #735 on: June 02, 2017, 12:25:02 PM »

Lmao. I love how the AAD cult is trying to turn Tony against Virginia (and failing entirely) because you can't handle the fact that one of your echo chamber's idols was a total douche who wasn't even that good of a poster.
It's not just the AAD cult. I don't actually support any of the cultish behavior on Atlas, such as this thread or the bad post thread, etc. but I also support tradition. I came here voluntarily, I feel I should assimilate into it, even if i disagree.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #736 on: June 02, 2017, 01:21:35 PM »

Anyways, look guys, as much as I am humbled (I am) by the thread title and the defense of said thread, I also don't want people fighting over it. And to be fair to Grumps, there didn't ever really appear to be a wide consensus on the change. Can we just agree to disagree on this, or whatever, and resume other daily Atlas hijinks?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #737 on: June 02, 2017, 01:25:05 PM »

How about we keep this thread open but change name for someone more deserving than a racist asshole?
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #738 on: June 02, 2017, 01:47:35 PM »

How about we keep this thread open but change name for someone more deserving than a racist asshole?
This was my first thought, too.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #739 on: June 02, 2017, 01:48:47 PM »

How about Santander? I think we could all agree on that.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #740 on: June 02, 2017, 01:50:07 PM »

Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #741 on: June 02, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »

I move that we spend the next 50 pages of this thread arguing about who it should be named after.  At which point, we will have hit the 2000 post mark, and we can move on to a new thread.

Is there a second?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #742 on: June 02, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »

I third this motion.

I move that we spend the next 50 pages of this thread arguing about who it should be named after.  At which point, we will have hit the 2000 post mark, and we can move on to a new thread.

Is there a second?

I second this motion.

I further move that the two threads be merged, and it be named "The [Mr. Morden/Virginia] Good Post Gallery".
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #743 on: June 02, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »

Name the thread after Badger imo
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #744 on: June 02, 2017, 02:12:18 PM »

Name the thread after kljackson.

Show me one, just one bad post he made!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #745 on: June 02, 2017, 02:15:22 PM »

I actually said earlier in the thread that I thought SamSpade wasn't that good of a poster and if I really cared who the thread is named after I'd prefer Virginia. So not sure of your point.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #746 on: June 02, 2017, 02:16:40 PM »

As a compromise, why don't we keep this thread with this name but collectively decide that it commemorates Humphrey Bogart?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #747 on: June 02, 2017, 02:18:31 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2017, 02:20:21 PM by Kingpoleon »

...Eisenhower to the left of Carter? Reagan to the left of both Bushes? Nixon to the left of and more libertarian than Ford?!

I mean, once you realize that Rutherford B. Hayes is the exact center of the political spectrum, it all makes sense.

CC: One-Liners & Atlas Hilarity
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #748 on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »

what
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #749 on: June 02, 2017, 10:09:35 PM »

It's gone, and seeing as only flatlanders have answered this, I figured I would make my bimonthly guest appearance to tell you why.

First of all, educated, wealthy/upper-middle class voters are trending hard Dem, which bodes very poorly for the GOP in the longterm here. Jefferson County (Denver's west suburbs( just 12 years ago was a reliably Republican county. Four years ago it was a bellwether. Now it leans more Dem than the country. The same is true for Larimer County (Fort Collins), Broomfield City & County, and Arapahoe County (Denver's southeast suburbs). These are all highly educated areas with lots of people working in tech, gov't services, and at one of the universities.

The GOP has made up for this by picking up the sort of disaffected white (and Latino actually) working class voters that won them Michigan and Pennsylvania, which is why Weld, Pueblo, and Adams Counties have swung hard to the right. This has allowed them to create the illusion of close races (and I say illusion because the state's PVI has slowly ticked leftwards despite this, more on that in a second), but is a dangerous place to be in because Pueblo County and Weld are economically depressed and barely growing in population, leaving them only with Adams County, which has a booming youth and Latino population that thus far has not turned out to vote largely because the AdamsCo Democrats have been under criminal investigation nearly a dozen times in the past decade, and are therefore treated as toxic by the state party who invests no resources there.

Meanwhile, not only are Jefferson, Arapahoe, Larimer, and Broomfield growing very quickly, but so are Denver and Boulder. And on top of that, the growth is disproportionately young and educated. Denver will add 100k people this decade, many of whom are fleeing the industrial Midwest precisely to live somewhere more progressive. Boulder also has become a magnet for educated young professionals. For Republicans to compete with the demographic wave hitting the state, they would need to be growing their base population at the same rate, which they are not.

Meanwhile, the COGOP is constantly in the press for myriad scandals, and is beholden to a Colorado Springs primary electorate that prioritizes social issues over economic issues, leaving candidates like Buck and Glenn. Cory Gardner literally was their bench, and even he is almost certain to go down in 2020 because: A. he has a record now, and can no longer lie about being semi-pro choice, pro-climate science, etc. (and the polling firm I worked at showed that his lying about those things did get him votes) and B. he has had horrible press for the past 6 months because of Trump, who is more unpopular here than he is nationwide by a margin that should scare the Repubs. Basically, their brand has been tarnished, and economic moderates are increasingly either voting Libertarian or Democrat.

Now, the GOP has a big base here (no pun intended) with ex-military, evangelicals, and rural voters (esp. in Eastern Colorado), so they can muster a decent turnout. But as long as Democratic turnout isn't anemic, they still can't win (at the gubernatorial/Senate/presidential level--they can still win row races because of Dems not voting down the ballot and ancestral Jeffco Republicans wanting "balanced" government). Looking back at 2016, the turnout likely was low, because Clinton was a bad fit for the state and had low approval ratings and Bennet also has never been very popular, and still with minimal national investment, she beat Trump by a respectable margin here (and don't get me started on Darryl Glenn--he over performed, but Bennet would have won by an 8 point margin with Arn Menconi's supporters).

Is CO gone forever for the GOP? No, but I also don't believe that Mississippi is gone forever for the Dems. However, the demographic reality is that Denver and the Metro is a hipster haven for intellectuals fleeing the Midwest, and those are the exact kinds of people trending D. It would take a lot to change for the GOP to win CO, and assuming that it won't, CO is out of reach for them at this time.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies