Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 26, 2024, 04:19:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 225515 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: March 07, 2015, 11:57:52 AM »

"Cooking with Chef Boyardee pizza kits are a fun and easy way for kids to help out in the kitchen. "

At least Bushie is learning a fun and easy way to help out in the kitchen!
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1626 on: March 07, 2015, 11:59:51 AM »

I will have one cheat meal Friday night when we fix homemade pizza (the stuff that Phil loathes).

Chef Boyardee pizza in a box?

Yep

Why don't you just order out or is making the pizza part of the... (as this box puts it)

...EASY FAMILY FUN!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1627 on: March 07, 2015, 12:01:33 PM »

I will have one cheat meal Friday night when we fix homemade pizza (the stuff that Phil loathes).

Yep

Why don't you just order out or is making the pizza part of the... (as this box puts it)

...EASY FAMILY FUN!!!

It tastes better than ordering out.  And, yes, all three of us help fix it.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1628 on: March 07, 2015, 12:12:55 PM »

Yep

...EASY FAMILY FUN!!!

It tastes better than ordering out.  And, yes, all three of us help fix it.

Yea, I'm sure it might taste better than Domino's, Papa John's, or some other garbage.  I was talking about getting pizza from a real pizza place. 
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1629 on: March 07, 2015, 12:27:50 PM »

Chef Boyardee is "homemade?" If you like it, fine, whatever, but homemade? Srsly?
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1630 on: March 07, 2015, 12:32:39 PM »

Chef Boyardee is "homemade?" If you like it, fine, whatever, but homemade? Srsly?

The box doesn't even say "homemade".  Bushie added that.  LMAO. 
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1631 on: March 07, 2015, 01:18:41 PM »

omg there's really a chef boyardee pizza

i thought it was a joke this whole time
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1632 on: March 07, 2015, 01:18:44 PM »

The box doesn't even say "homemade".  Bushie added that.  LMAO. 

It's homemade in the fact that you have to knead the dough and set it to rise in hot water, then spread it out onto pizza pans, bake the crust, add the sauce, cheese, and desired toppings, bake that until it's all melted and then slice and serve the pizza.  It doesn't come already made.  The ingredients are provided for you in the box, but you have to form it into a pizza yourself.  We choose to use our own cheese, mozzarella and cheddar, and our own pepperoni and/or black olives.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1633 on: March 07, 2015, 02:07:03 PM »

if you have to do all that work, why not just buy the ingredients. Seems like you're just paying for a brand name.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1634 on: March 07, 2015, 02:19:20 PM »

if you have to do all that work, why not just buy the ingredients. Seems like you're just paying for a brand name.

It's cheaper and more convenient to buy it altogether in a box.  You are paying some for the brand name, but you're also paying for the convenience and ease.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1635 on: March 07, 2015, 02:26:13 PM »

Yeast is a very tempermental thing. It takes forever to bake your own bread. How does Chef B handle this?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1636 on: March 07, 2015, 02:28:52 PM »

If you say so. It just really is unbelievable that a family really could enjoy that pizza over others. Chef Boyardee themselves market it just as a fun activity to do with kids as opposed to a real meal competing with actual pizza
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1637 on: March 07, 2015, 02:29:32 PM »

Yeast is a very tempermental thing. It takes forever to bake your own bread. How does Chef B handle this?

I'm not quite sure how they make the bread to rise on command, so to speak.  What I do know is Mom takes the dough, put some hot water into it, put some saran wrap over it in a bowl and let the bowl soak in hot water for 30 minutes.  I don't know what happens in CB's kitchens.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1638 on: March 07, 2015, 02:32:01 PM »

If you say so. It just really is unbelievable that a family really could enjoy that pizza over others. Chef Boyardee themselves market it just as a fun activity to do with kids as opposed to a real meal competing with actual pizza

It's actually quite fun doing it.  All three of us have a good time doing it and it provides good family time.  It's a great way to get out from in front of the TV and get into the kitchen and do something together as a family that doesn't cost very much.  The results are delicious, too.  My family has enjoyed this activity since the 1980's.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1639 on: March 07, 2015, 02:36:08 PM »

It's actually quite fun doing it.  All three of us have a good time doing it and it provides good family time.  It's a great way to get out from in front of the TV and get into the kitchen and do something together as a family that doesn't cost very much.  The results are delicious, too.  My family has enjoyed this activity since the 1980's.

Yea... The 80s.  When you were a toddler.  You are 33, dude.  Cut the damn cord.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1640 on: March 07, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

Yea... The 80s.  When you were a toddler.  You are 33, dude.  Cut the damn cord.

It's still a fun activity.  Some things you just don't want to give up.  Nostalgia is good sometimes, especially when you can relive it.  It sure is a lot tastier than going to Domino's, Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Papa Johns, etc.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1641 on: March 07, 2015, 02:51:31 PM »

It's still a fun activity.  Some things you just don't want to give up.  Nostalgia is good sometimes, especially when you can relive it.  It sure is a lot tastier than going to Domino's, Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Papa Johns, etc.

I recall have lots of fun in Kindergarten. However, for obvious reasons, I have forsaken reliving that halcyon experience of yesteryear.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1642 on: March 07, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »

Some of the different tics I experience are brief, but wild mood swings that sometimes resemble bipolar, but are not bipolar.  In private, I go from really excited to really upset.  They never last long, but do happen frequently.  That's why I have so many angry bursts on the forum.  When I'm around others, I am even keel at all times and only inwardly have those swings.

Presumably this makes work difficult; a complex emotional minefield to negotiate? Have you seen anyone about this recently?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1643 on: March 07, 2015, 02:52:32 PM »

I know I'm opening Pandora's box again, but I got my first cell phone bill with this upgrade.  My bill actually went DOWN $23 for March.  I'll have to see if that trend holds for April, but it is nice for one month, at least.  Maybe, just maybe, I do know what I'm doing after all, eh?  I know this is the updated bill, because they originally billed March at the previous rate I had for February with the 5s, so I know for March that it came down just 8 cents shy of $23.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1644 on: March 07, 2015, 02:54:49 PM »

Some of the different tics I experience are brief, but wild mood swings that sometimes resemble bipolar, but are not bipolar.  In private, I go from really excited to really upset.  They never last long, but do happen frequently.  That's why I have so many angry bursts on the forum.  When I'm around others, I am even keel at all times and only inwardly have those swings.

Presumably this makes work difficult; a complex emotional minefield to negotiate? Have you seen anyone about this recently?

I have.  I am very open with my doctor about the tics I experience.  We are holding off on increasing my medication, because I'm already at the second-highest dose and that medicine is notorious for causing weight gain and we all know the struggle I have with that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1645 on: March 07, 2015, 02:57:46 PM »

Another thing I found out about this job through the Team Member Handbook that I have access to online, I will get paid every Friday for the work week that ended the Sunday prior.  That's basically $325-$350 in my account every week.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1646 on: March 07, 2015, 02:59:01 PM »

I have.  I am very open with my doctor about the tics I experience.

Good. You're about to work in retail so I think you need to be particularly careful: even if you never snap at anyone, simply coming across as surly would not be good. There will be difficult customers. Maybe try to discuss (practice?) some coping methods.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1647 on: March 07, 2015, 02:59:57 PM »

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archives/2010/01/chef-boyardee-pizza-kit-pizza-yes-its-still-available.html

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1648 on: March 07, 2015, 03:02:16 PM »

It's actually quite fun doing it.  All three of us have a good time doing it and it provides good family time.  It's a great way to get out from in front of the TV and get into the kitchen and do something together as a family that doesn't cost very much.  The results are delicious, too.  My family has enjoyed this activity since the 1980's.

Yea... The 80s.  When you were a toddler.  You are 33, dude.  Cut the damn cord.

It's still a fun activity.  Some things you just don't want to give up.  Nostalgia is good sometimes, especially when you can relive it.  It sure is a lot tastier than going to Domino's, Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Papa Johns, etc.

I recall have lots of fun in Kindergarten. However, for obvious reasons, I have forsaken reliving that halcyon experience of yesteryear.

1. Bushie doesn't do anything beyond PG rated.  Bars, strip clubs, parties, wine tasting, concerts... Everything is off limits.  So I guess pizza time with the fam is all that's left.

2. Bushie, "family time" is far more oft than "sometimes" for you.  You so rarely do leisure activity sans family that it becomes a momentous Update episode when you do.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1649 on: March 07, 2015, 03:04:00 PM »

Ugh Lief, please.  I just had lunch.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies