Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:51:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222210 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: February 19, 2015, 01:10:22 AM »

I already answered what I believe is the 4th trumpet - the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany.  I could be wrong, but that's what I believe.

Stop plagiarizing Mr. Baxter

http://www.endtime.com/blog/revelation-seven-trumpets-shall-sound/

Panda Express

« Reply #576 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:06 AM »

I already answered what I believe is the 4th trumpet - the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany.  I could be wrong, but that's what I believe.

How did the fall of the Berlin Wall cause the world to go dark?

If I were you, I would go with the 1989 eruption of Mt. Redoubt. It blanketed large areas in ash, causing a lack of sun and it did a lot of economic damage and was the 2nd costliest volcanic eruption in US history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Redoubt
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #577 on: February 19, 2015, 01:11:42 AM »

The fourth trumpet from what I can tell may or may not be the Berlin Wall.  I have no idea, but I know trumpets 3 and 5 match up with the events surrounding Chernobyl and the Kuwaiti oil refineries.  So, number 4 has to fall somewhere in the late 1980s.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #578 on: February 19, 2015, 01:12:38 AM »

Bushie, are you really comfortable with saying an oil refinery burning in Kuwait in 1990 is one of the 7 most important events in the history of the universe?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #579 on: February 19, 2015, 01:13:28 AM »

The most amusing thing about this is the Southern Baptist Convention probably considers Irvin Baxter a godless herectic due to his views on the Trinity.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #580 on: February 19, 2015, 01:13:32 AM »

I already answered what I believe is the 4th trumpet - the fall of the Berlin Wall and the reunification of Germany.  I could be wrong, but that's what I believe.

If I were you, I would go with the 1989 eruption of Mt. Redoubt. It blanketed large areas in ash, causing a lack of sun and it did a lot of economic damage and was the 2nd costliest volcanic eruption in US history.

That's a very plausible scenario, actually and does make more sense than the Berlin Wall.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #581 on: February 19, 2015, 01:15:09 AM »

Bushie, are you really comfortable with saying an oil refinery burning in Kuwait in 1990 is one of the 7 most important events in the history of the universe?

It may not be one of the seven most important, but it lines up with Scripture better than a lot of other events.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #582 on: February 19, 2015, 01:15:44 AM »

Vox, perhaps it's the Fall of the Berlin Wall and subsequent collapse of the Soviet Union. Comparative politics traditionally divided the world into thirds (West=1st World, USSR=2nd World, etc.). This, with the fall of the Soviet Empire, a third of [whatever] went out,

Or maybe just a large power-outage in the late 80's.

For the fall of the USSR to work, you have to imagine they were supplying "light" to their people as well as the West and the 3rd World, and that seems far too morally relative to square with Christian Biblical interpretation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #583 on: February 19, 2015, 01:16:14 AM »

The most amusing thing about this is the Southern Baptist Convention probably considers Irvin Baxter a godless herectic due to his views on the Trinity.

He's a brother in Christ for sure, even if we have differing views on a few minor things.
Panda Express

« Reply #584 on: February 19, 2015, 01:16:20 AM »

It may not be one of the seven most important, but it lines up with Scripture better than a lot of other events.

How?

Let's look at the 5th Trumpet

Revelation 9:1-11, "Then the Fifth Trumpet angel sounded and I saw a star having fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."

"Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree; but only those men who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads. And they were not authorized to kill them, but to torment them for five months: and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death, and will not find it; and they will desire to die, and death will flee from them."

"The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. They had hair like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. And they had breastplates, like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle."

"They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months. And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek his name is Apollo."

"One woe is past. Behold, two more woes are coming hereafter".

Where are the locusts??
Panda Express

« Reply #585 on: February 19, 2015, 01:18:04 AM »

That's a very plausible scenario, actually and does make more sense than the Berlin Wall.

Thanks. I also think the eruption of Mt. Redoubt was a lot more of a significant event than a dumb wall falling.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #586 on: February 19, 2015, 01:21:55 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 01:23:39 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

LOL at ISIS somehow becoming World War III. ISIS doesn't have any allies. Not even Al Qaeda. The Second Congo War will remain the deadliest war since World War II.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #587 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:04 AM »

I love how Ameri-centric Bushie's list is.

For a 'reverend' who has done a lot of 5am Bible study, Bushie doesn't know jack about it on anything less than a superficial level when it reinforces his lifestyle.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #588 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:18 AM »

How?

Let's look at the 5th Trumpet

Revelation 9:1-11, "Then the Fifth Trumpet angel sounded and I saw a star having fallen from heaven to the earth. To him was given the key to the bottomless pit. And he opened the bottomless pit, and smoke arose out of the pit like the smoke of a great furnace. So the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit."

"Then out of the smoke locusts came upon the earth. And to them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power. They were commanded not to harm the grass of the earth, or any green thing, or any tree; but only those men who do not have the seal of God in their foreheads. And they were not authorized to kill them, but to torment them for five months: and their torment was like the torment of a scorpion when it strikes a man. In those days men will seek death, and will not find it; and they will desire to die, and death will flee from them."

"The shape of the locusts was like horses prepared for battle. On their heads were crowns of something like gold, and their faces were like the faces of men. They had hair like women's hair, and their teeth were like lions' teeth. And they had breastplates, like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the sound of chariots of many horses running into battle."

"They had tails like scorpions, and there were stings in their tails. Their power was to hurt men five months. And they had as king over them the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon, but in Greek his name is Apollo."

"One woe is past. Behold, two more woes are coming hereafter".

Where are the locusts??

The locusts are actually Tim Tebow tormenting nonbelievers with his winning football for five months (give or take) back in 2011. As for the time delay from the Gulf War, beats me.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #589 on: February 19, 2015, 01:22:56 AM »

One thing I am sure of is that this war with ISIS will turn into World War 3.  I believe it is the sixth trumpet as it originated around the Euphrates River.  The Bible says it will wipe out a third of mankind - over 2 billion people.  I highly doubt the war will stay in the Eastern Hemisphere.  It has the probability of spreading into the West.  That said, the Bible also prophecies that Christ will be victorious and Satan and all his minions, of which ISIS is part, will be defeated.  It's not if, it's when.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #590 on: February 19, 2015, 01:23:50 AM »

Vox, perhaps it's the Fall of the Berlin Wall and subsequent collapse of the Soviet Union. Comparative politics traditionally divided the world into thirds (West=1st World, USSR=2nd World, etc.). This, with the fall of the Soviet Empire, a third of [whatever] went out,

Or maybe just a large power-outage in the late 80's.

For the fall of the USSR to work, you have to imagine they were supplying "light" to their people as well as the West and the 3rd World, and that seems far too morally relative to square with Christian Biblical interpretation.

I'd like to think of God as a foreign policy realist who recognizes the need for balance between the world's powers.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #591 on: February 19, 2015, 01:25:31 AM »

LOL at ISIS somehow becoming World War III. ISIS doesn't have any allies. Not even Al Qaeda. The Second Congo War will remain the deadliest war since World War II.

Just wait and see.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #592 on: February 19, 2015, 01:26:14 AM »

PiT may be on to something. Troy Polamalu has long hair, football is like a battle, Steelers wear gold and breastplates in the uniforms, and they lost to Tebow in the playoffs.

And the football season is 5 months long September to January.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #593 on: February 19, 2015, 01:26:38 AM »

Good discussion tonight, guys.  I must get to bed, though.  I have two interviews today.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #594 on: February 19, 2015, 01:29:08 AM »

So Bushie believes that Pope Francis, Alexis Tsipras and ISIS are all going to align and start a war.

Sometimes "LOL" is just the only appropriate response.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #595 on: February 19, 2015, 01:30:10 AM »

The Bible says it will wipe out a third of mankind - over 2 billion people. I highly doubt the war will stay in the Eastern Hemisphere.  It has the probability of spreading into the West.

2 billion people don't live in the West. 5.5 of our 7 billion people live in Asia and Africa.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #596 on: February 19, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »

PiT may be on to something. Troy Polamalu has long hair, football is like a battle, Steelers wear gold and breastplates in the uniforms, and they lost to Tebow in the playoffs.

And the football season is 5 months long September to January.

It all fits together perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PSueHOY-Jk
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #597 on: February 19, 2015, 01:53:04 AM »

LOL even RaptureReady lists Irvin Baxter as a buyer beware kook scammer.

https://www.raptureready.com/who/Irvin_Baxter.html

Only Bushie could find this guy as his trusted source!

Not surprised, fundamentalist Christianity tends to be very Judean People's Front-esque. I remember reading a couple years back about some church organizing a book burning of works by "false prophets" which included people like Mark Driscoll, John Piper, Rick Warren and basically any evangelical author who's well known at all.

Something else I've noticed is the more reasonable (speaking relatively of course) and mainstream conservative evangelicals often write a lot of stuff about how you should be careful to NOT fall for crap like this and emphasize how the Bible states no one can know or predict the end times, etc.

But you know what's also pretty amusing? These people also often put a focus on warning about MLM scams. For example:

http://www.gotquestions.org/multi-level-marketing.html
http://www.buildinghishouse.org/articles/mlm.shtml
http://www.vandruff.com/mlm.html

And we all know what Bushie's record on MLM is. So basically Bushie can't even accept good or reasonable advice from people of his own theological bent. He always falls for the scams of all types, in all circumstances.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #598 on: February 19, 2015, 03:07:31 AM »

I love how World history started at the time most convenient to these morons.

Of course no one can make you think Bushie, because no adult with a vaguely operating brain would believe this utter twaddle. You're being duped... big time. The Rapture ain't coming, you're going to be here until such time as your heart gives out from your personal irresponsibility. The planet has been here for more than 4 billion years (hear me... 4 billion years) and the history of the planet did not begin 2000 years ago and will not end when a bunch of... *expletive deleted* yokels, who were scared of where the sun went at night until they were dragged kicking and screaming to the 19th Century, determines it will.
Plus, since when was Saddam Hussein of any kind of importance in the grand-scheme of things?

Bushie, your Church is just the modern equivalent of the mindlessness that led to witch-burnings. Anti-science, anti-intellectual, know-nothings.

You deserve every single piece of ridicule you're going to get for this, and I'm sorry for you.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #599 on: February 19, 2015, 03:51:27 AM »

So if Alexis Tsipras is the Antichrist and Pope Francis is the False Prophet, who is Satan?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies