Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:23:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222241 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: February 18, 2015, 11:35:28 PM »

In other news this fine, albeit chilly Wednesday evening, like I said earlier I was pretty discouraged after the recruiter at the 1500 interview did not have anything right then to submit me to.  I prayed about it and God started showing off at 1600.  I decided to re-open the Oklahoma City job market and called a recruiter that I actually used to get my very first CAD interview last March when I just fresh out of school.  I meet with them Monday at 1100.  Then, I got a call from an application I put in a few weeks ago inviting me in for an interview tomorrow at 1300.  Not to stop there, At 1700 I got a call from one of the help desk places that I applied for last week.  I have a phone interview with the large corporation tomorrow at 1600.  I have no doubt going from 0 interviews to 3 interviews in the span of 65 minutes was all a result of God just showing off.  I prayed about it right after the interview at 1530 and was pretty discouraged, but I refused to take a no answer into the night.  I started searching and then it was bam, bam, bam and I have three interviews in the next 5 days.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #526 on: February 18, 2015, 11:42:02 PM »

In case you haven't noticed guys, I'm on a roll.  I am in a VERY good mood tonight.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #527 on: February 18, 2015, 11:46:51 PM »

Will you still keep the Tulsa Apartment if you get yet another job in OKC?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #528 on: February 18, 2015, 11:51:00 PM »

Good evening, guys!  Based on studying Bible prophecy and then doing some research, I think I have stumbled across a candidate who fits the bill that the Bible points out for the Antichrist.  It is not Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama or Tony Blair.  He is a newcomer to the world scene - the new Prime Minister of Greece, Alexis Tsipras.  Here is what I believe that matches up with Scripture.  He is an atheist, first and foremost.  As a child in the early 1980's, he became involved with the Communist Youth of Greece.  He is leader of the Coalition of the Radical Left political party in Greece.  He is from Athens, Greece which fulfills the prophecy that he must come the European Union (the reborn Holy Roman Empire) and from Macedonia which includes Greece.  He is very pro-Palestine.  He has already talked with Pope Francis, who is shaping up to be the False Prophet, and they see eye to eye on a lot of thing.  I can't say 100% certain that he is indeed the Antichrist, but he is the best candidate we've had so far.  So, take that and chew on it for a little while. Smiley

This is the problem of people who have completely no idea what the Bible is really talking about. Guess what Aesop wasn't really talking about a tortoise and a hare either.

Find a carrot, chew on that ... it's a lot better for you than that nonsense.

You're funny.

Trust me, that wasn't my intention.

If you expect me to take you seriously, bring your lunch...

Respectfully, after what you wrote above, probably a bit rich to expect for you take someone else seriously. No, you can't eat my lunch.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #529 on: February 18, 2015, 11:52:31 PM »

Will you still keep the Tulsa Apartment if you get yet another job in OKC?

No, I have to make my decision whether to extend or vacate by March 31, so if I have a job in OKC or time runs out without a job, then I will move out of the apartment completely by May 31.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #530 on: February 18, 2015, 11:56:05 PM »

In case you haven't noticed guys, I'm on a roll.  I am in a VERY good mood tonight.

Tell us more about the End Times!  Trust me, it's fascinating reading.  Can you speculatively chart Tsipras's rise to global power over the next 6-9 years?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #531 on: February 19, 2015, 12:03:26 AM »

Talk about clickbait. Bushie has clearly figured out that cribbing content from Irvine Baxter's latest show inevitably attracts a high volume of replies.

His show this afternoon did inspire me to listen to it and do a little research, but I did read the selected Scriptures and pulled up Tsipris's Wikipedia page.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #532 on: February 19, 2015, 12:04:17 AM »

Bushie, are you aware of how far out of the mainstream your beliefs are on Revelation/End Times/etc.?

Like I realize they're pretty standard for your church, but do you know that most scholarly analysis believes Revelation refers to the ancient persecution of Christians by the Roman Empire (after all 666 would have been an easily-recognizable Roman numberplay reference to Nero), and not to future events/the end of the world? And all that "Antichrist" stuff isn't even in Revelation...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #533 on: February 19, 2015, 12:07:57 AM »

Bushie, are you aware of how far out of the mainstream your beliefs are on Revelation/End Times/etc.?

Like I realize they're pretty standard for your church, but do you know that most scholarly analysis believes Revelation refers to the ancient persecution of Christians by the Roman Empire (after all 666 would have been an easily-recognizable Roman numberplay reference to Nero), and not to future events/the end of the world? And all that "Antichrist" stuff isn't even in Revelation...

Whether it's in the mainstream or not is irrelevant.  Also, Revelation is not the only prophecy book.  The book of Daniel in the Old Testament chapters 7-12 are also vivid prophecy chapters.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #534 on: February 19, 2015, 12:10:41 AM »

But one can't get that from a literal reading, so they have to try to somehow shoehorn it into the modern day...and end up interpreting it metaphorically in the process.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #535 on: February 19, 2015, 12:10:52 AM »

Oh. Now I feel pretty dimwitted, thinking Bushie was coming up with this stuff himself. No wonder- the writers had help.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #536 on: February 19, 2015, 12:11:42 AM »

Oh. Now I feel pretty dimwitted, thinking Bushie was coming up with this stuff himself. No wonder- the writers had help.

I'm not that smart. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #537 on: February 19, 2015, 12:12:52 AM »

Have you prayed and ask God for clues about the Antichrist?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #538 on: February 19, 2015, 12:14:24 AM »

Talk about clickbait. Bushie has clearly figured out that cribbing content from Irvine Baxter's latest show inevitably attracts a high volume of replies.

His show this afternoon did inspire me to listen to it and do a little research, but I did read the selected Scriptures and pulled up Tsipris's Wikipedia page.

23 death points: plagiarism
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #539 on: February 19, 2015, 12:15:06 AM »
« Edited: February 19, 2015, 12:17:49 AM by Harry »

Whether it's in the mainstream or not is irrelevant. Also, Revelation is not the only prophecy book.  The book of Daniel in the Old Testament chapters 7-12 are also vivid prophecy chapters.

I disagree completely. What makes your few people right and the majority of historians and scholars wrong? And don't give me the "I believe what I believe and won't consider changing" line. God gave you a brain and critical thinking skills. When you blindly and rotely believe something outside of the mainstream, you should at least be open to reading what the experts (a good sampling of them, not just a cherry-picked few) have to say.

I'm not trying to single you out -- trust me, I live in the most Baptist state in the country so I've known lots of people who honestly believe that fringe viewpoint about Revelation/Antichrist/End Times/etc. and have no idea that it's just not supported by actual evidence. If you could come to that same conclusion after examining the actual scholarly discourse on the subject, it would bleed positively into your life. You might worry a little more about your health when you realize that nothing in the Bible suggests that the world will end in the next 10 years, instead of worrying about whether the prime minister of Greece (!) is an evil madman taking over the world with Satan's help.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #540 on: February 19, 2015, 12:15:34 AM »

That's some serious in depth research there.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #541 on: February 19, 2015, 12:16:58 AM »

I have no doubt going from 0 interviews to 3 interviews in the span of 65 minutes was all a result of God just showing off.

Update XXII: God Shows Off

Update XXIII: I'm not that smart
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #542 on: February 19, 2015, 12:17:06 AM »

Actually, yes I have.  He, with the help of Irvin Baxter and his team, have opened my eyes to current events clues to Biblical prophecy.  Not only the Antichrist, but the Israel/Palestine peace deal, the prophecy of the seven trumpets (more on that in a little bit), the rapture of the church, and the battle of Armageddon which is coming.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #543 on: February 19, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »

Bushie have you ever visited the Asian supermarket that's right next to your apartment?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #544 on: February 19, 2015, 12:18:46 AM »

I have no doubt going from 0 interviews to 3 interviews in the span of 65 minutes was all a result of God just showing off.

Update XXII: God Shows Off

Update XXIII: I'm not that smart

Update XIV: The Work of God, with the Help of Irvin Baxter and his Team
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #545 on: February 19, 2015, 12:19:01 AM »

Whether it's in the mainstream or not is irrelevant.  Also, Revelation is not the only prophecy book.  The book of Daniel in the Old Testament chapters 7-12 are also vivid prophecy chapters.

I disagree completely. What makes your few people right and the majority of historians and scholars wrong? And don't give me the "I believe what I believe and won't consider changing" line. God gave you a brain and critical thinking skills. When you blindly and rotely believe something outside of the mainstream, you should at least be open to reading what the experts (a good sampling of them, not just a cherry-picked few) have to say.

I'm not trying to single you out -- trust me, I live in the most Baptist state in the country so I've known lots of people who honestly believe that fringe viewpoint about Revelation/Antichrist/End Times/etc. and have no idea that it's just not supported by actual evidence. If you could come to that same conclusion after examining the actual scholarly discourse on the subject, it would bleed positively into your life. You might worry a little more about your health when you realize that nothing in the Bible suggests that the world will end in the next 10 years. And you wouldn't waste your time worrying about whether the prime minister of Greece (!) is an evil madman taking over the world with Satan's help.

Seriously? I go to an evangelical church and have NEVER heard anyone talk about this end times crap. It must be more of a Southern thing. But I always assumed it was pretty fringe even amongst conservative Christians.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #546 on: February 19, 2015, 12:20:03 AM »

Whether it's in the mainstream or not is irrelevant. Also, Revelation is not the only prophecy book.  The book of Daniel in the Old Testament chapters 7-12 are also vivid prophecy chapters.

I'm not trying to single you out -- trust me, I live in the most Baptist state in the country so I've known lots of people who honestly believe that fringe viewpoint about Revelation/Antichrist/End Times/etc. and have no idea that it's just not supported by actual evidence. If you could come to that same conclusion after examining the actual scholarly discourse on the subject, it would bleed positively into your life. You might worry a little more about your health when you realize that nothing in the Bible suggests that the world will end in the next 10 years. And you wouldn't waste your time worrying about whether the prime minister of Greece (!) is an evil madman taking over the world with Satan's help.

Seriously? I go to an evangelical church and have NEVER heard anyone talk about this end times crap. It must be more of a Southern thing. But I always assumed it was pretty fringe even amongst conservative Christians.

You go to evangelical church with a small e.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #547 on: February 19, 2015, 12:20:17 AM »

It can't be that fringe; the Left Behind series has sold millions of copies.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #548 on: February 19, 2015, 12:23:58 AM »

It can't be that fringe; the Left Behind series has sold millions of copies.

Yes, but it's likely every Left Behind reader bought one for themselves and 8 more as Christmas gifts to distant relatives to use as door stops.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #549 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:29 AM »

Actually, yes I have.  He, with the help of Irvin Baxter and his team, have opened my eyes to current events clues to Biblical prophecy.  Not only the Antichrist, but the Israel/Palestine peace deal, the prophecy of the seven trumpets (more on that in a little bit), the rapture of the church, and the battle of Armageddon which is coming.

You realize charlatans have been peddling this "the prophecies PROVE the end is near!!" for over 1,000 years? Generation after generation of gullible Christians keep believing that this time it's really right...
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 74  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies