Opinion of China (PRC)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:57:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of China (PRC)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Country

Horrible Country

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 47

Author Topic: Opinion of China (PRC)  (Read 2104 times)
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 09, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »

Japan: 84.2% Approval
South Korea: 87.1% Approval
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 05:27:32 PM »

Obviously HC.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 07:11:46 PM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 07:37:13 AM »

Extremely flawed Freedom Country from its founding until the 1970s, Horrible Country since.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:18:05 AM »

Extremely flawed Freedom Country from its founding until the 1970s, Horrible Country since.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hundred_Flowers_Campaign

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Leap_Forward

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Revolution
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 12:18:26 PM »

I like its culture and most of its people are probably decent but voted HC due to its authoritarian and bloody government.
Illuminati Blood Drinker
phwezer
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.42, S: -7.30

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 12:20:49 PM »

Those intellectuals and dissidents were obviously tools of the capitalists who got what they deserved.

jesus christ TNF
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 12:22:24 PM »

I like its culture and most of its people are probably decent but voted HC due to its authoritarian and bloody government.

Me too.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 12:53:08 PM »

How can people vote HP for a country with such a long and fascinating history and culture?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 12:59:13 PM »

HC on the basis of the oppressive government.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »

To be clear, I'm talking about the state, not the people.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 04:29:14 PM »

How can people vote HP for a country with such a long and fascinating history and culture?

By that count, no country on Earth can be labeled HP (which is also a valid proposition)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 04:35:24 PM »

Wouldn't you vote HC on America?
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 04:46:33 PM »

HP governmentally, FF culturally.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 05:14:47 PM »

Hence "extremely flawed"
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:18 PM »

This is about the People's Republic of China, the government that rules over the country.  I'm thankful for China's many contributions to the world, but their current government, from it's inception to the present, is an entirely different matter.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 05:17:54 PM »

Wouldn't you vote HC on America?

No. I like America.
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 08:19:12 PM »

Yes, the one in which tens of millions of people starved to death because the all-great leader decided they should turn their tools into pig-iron.  Much Freedom Fighting
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2015, 08:22:48 AM »

Yes, the one in which tens of millions of people starved to death because the all-great leader decided they should turn their tools into pig-iron.  Much Freedom Fighting

I can almost guarantee you that millions of more people died in the process of the transition to capitalism. I am not denying that what happened under Mao was, in a lot of cases, disgusting and brutal. What I am voting 'Extremely Flawed Freedom Country' for is that the People's Republic of China, unlike pretty much every Western democracy at the time and even today, provided a basic standard of living for all its people, including access to medical care, education, employment, housing, and so on. No Western capitalist nation has ever come close to doing so, because quite frankly none of them have any desire to do so because that would throw the spanner in the works of their economic system, which has of course killed more human beings than any previous mode of production, given its propensity to create world wars, racial pogroms, starvation on a mass scale, etc.

Also let's not forget that the PRC was a strong backer of anti-colonial movements and was committed to anti-racism in its early period, unlike the nation that denied blacks the right to vote until 1965 and supported white-settler regimes like South Africa until the 1980s. The PRC was never perfect and has a deformation at its very birth by way of the fact that the revolution was led by a peasant movement headed by the thoroughly authoritarian Mao Tse-Tung, but that doesn't mean that it didn't achieve some real victories on behalf of the Chinese people and help play an important role in smashing colonialism, racism, and capitalist oppression in Asia and in Africa.

The PRC today is, of course, just another run-of-the-mill capitalist oligarchy, albeit one in which the ruling class cloaks itself with communist imagery and terminology. The counterrevolution in China has transformed it into an imperialist state with interests in seizing control of markets in Asia, Africa, and elsewhere. I do not think that anything short of a political revolution, led by the working class and that places the working class in power, will be able to free China and once and for all eliminate the deformations inherent to the regime from its birth.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2015, 09:36:40 AM »

I can almost guarantee you that millions of more people died in the process of the transition to capitalism. I am not denying that what happened under Mao was, in a lot of cases, disgusting and brutal. What I am voting 'Extremely Flawed Freedom Country' for is that the People's Republic of China, unlike pretty much every Western democracy at the time and even today, provided a basic standard of living for all its people, including access to medical care, education, employment, housing, and so on. No Western capitalist nation has ever come close to doing so, because quite frankly none of them have any desire to do so because that would throw the spanner in the works of their economic system, which has of course killed more human beings than any previous mode of production, given its propensity to create world wars, racial pogroms, starvation on a mass scale, etc.

Also let's not forget that the PRC was a strong backer of anti-colonial movements and was committed to anti-racism in its early period, unlike the nation that denied blacks the right to vote until 1965 and supported white-settler regimes like South Africa until the 1980s. The PRC was never perfect and has a deformation at its very birth by way of the fact that the revolution was led by a peasant movement headed by the thoroughly authoritarian Mao Tse-Tung, but that doesn't mean that it didn't achieve some real victories on behalf of the Chinese people and help play an important role in smashing colonialism, racism, and capitalist oppression in Asia and in Africa.

The PRC today is, of course, just another run-of-the-mill capitalist oligarchy, albeit one in which the ruling class cloaks itself with communist imagery and terminology. The counterrevolution in China has transformed it into an imperialist state with interests in seizing control of markets in Asia, Africa, and elsewhere. I do not think that anything short of a political revolution, led by the working class and that places the working class in power, will be able to free China and once and for all eliminate the deformations inherent to the regime from its birth.

If you starve to death because of the cruel stupidity of some communist official, the idea that you the government provided food "in theory" is cold comfort.  Also, in America we call it a wrench.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 08:18:44 PM »

This must be one of the most deluded posts on this site I've seen so far. Why Mao? Seriously TNF this is a real low.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies