Would you rather live in the Florida Panhandle or Northwest Arkansas?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:29:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather live in the Florida Panhandle or Northwest Arkansas?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Where would you rather live?
Florida Panhandle

Northwest Arkansas

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 56

Author Topic: Would you rather live in the Florida Panhandle or Northwest Arkansas?  (Read 5322 times)
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2015, 05:12:33 PM »

memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2015, 05:45:56 PM »

I live about a day's drive from either, and for me, easily NW AR. They have the Univ of AR, the mountains, seasons, scenery, hiking, etc. The panhandle has endless heat, hurricanes, tourists (especially the insufferable Spring Breakers). Eastern AR, on the other hand, is pretty much the worst place imaginable. Somalia might be preferable.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 07:09:48 PM »

Panhandle at least has beaches.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 11:25:53 PM »

Eureka Springs is a great destination for tourists, especially Christians like me.

Why is this place a mecca for Christians like you?

It has what's called the "Passion Play".  The Passion Play re-enacts the last week of Jesus's life on earth between His triumphal entry into Jerusalem and His death, burial, and resurrection.  It's been a long time since I've been there, but I think it may re-enact his ascension into heaven as described in the Bible book of Acts in chapter 1.  It is performed by live actors in a big open outdoor amphitheater.  Along the street that the play is on are a bunch of Christian gift shops and such.

Also a big destination for gays, hipsters and eclectics. More of a melting pot than a Christian destination.

And yes, Northwest Arkansas > Florida Panhandle (despite their mispronunciation of the "-kansas" in their state's name).
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2015, 08:27:13 AM »

The irony of this is that Eureka Springs is sort of the Provincetown of the Ozarks.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2015, 11:14:06 AM »

Eureka Springs is a great destination for tourists, especially Christians like me.

It has what's called the "Passion Play".  The Passion Play re-enacts the last week of Jesus's life on earth between His triumphal entry into Jerusalem and His death, burial, and resurrection.  It's been a long time since I've been there, but I think it may re-enact his ascension into heaven as described in the Bible book of Acts in chapter 1.  It is performed by live actors in a big open outdoor amphitheater.  Along the street that the play is on are a bunch of Christian gift shops and such.

Also a big destination for gays, hipsters and eclectics. More of a melting pot than a Christian destination.

And yes, Northwest Arkansas > Florida Panhandle (despite their mispronunciation of the "-kansas" in their state's name).

Figures you gayz ruin it for Christians like Our Dear Friend.   Tongue
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 11:30:30 AM »

Would not be happy with either.  I can't really decide.  Eureka Springs sure wasn't gay friendly when I passed through in college (more like rednecks and retirees that preferred homogeneous demographics), but maybe things have changed. Nice enough place, but in the middle of nowhere. At least it has some topography through. I am not found of the flats, nor the Florida climate in the summer.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 11:39:29 AM »

I guess from the Panhandle you are faster in somewhat acceptable places, while in NW Arkansas, you are surrounded by what? Kansas? Oklahoma? Duh.
Linus Van Pelt

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2015, 11:54:18 AM »

Looking at the maps recently made by cinyc and Adam Griffin, Eureka Springs proper, which is over 90% white, voted over 70% Obama in 2008, and the surrounding rural area voted over 50% Obama. So whoever lives there, they're not voting like the typical upland white southerner.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2015, 12:10:09 PM »

I guess from the Panhandle you are faster in somewhat acceptable places, while in NW Arkansas, you are surrounded by what? Kansas? Oklahoma? Duh.
What are the "acceptable places" near the panhandle? Alabama? Mississippi?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2015, 12:56:27 PM »

Northwest Arkansas has Fayetteville. The Panhandle has what, Tallahassee? I'll take Fayetteville.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2015, 12:59:06 PM »

Tallahassee > Fayetteville. Tallahassee actually has a scene, Arkansas has basically no scene whatsoever outside of Little Rock.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2015, 01:03:21 PM »

Fayetteville > Tallahassee, I suppose, although the beaches of NW Florida are lovely...
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2015, 01:36:52 PM »

That's [apparently] what we do -- take a nice, wholesome activity and we'll glam it up.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2015, 01:39:56 PM »

Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans...
Acceptable was probably too much Tongue
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 01:41:38 PM »

Florida Panhandle; I suppose is have no choice but to be a part of the gay gentrification movement.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2015, 08:00:18 PM »

Tallahassee is great
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »

I'll go with the Panhandle.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2015, 08:58:42 PM »

I'm only an hour from the NW Arkansas Border along Hwy 412.  Eureka Springs is a great destination for tourists, especially Christians like me.  I like NE Oklahoma, so I know I would like NW Arkansas and SW Missouri.

You do realize that you make up a significant majority of the American population (and even more so in your region, especially the kind of Christianity that you subscribe to...)?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2015, 09:44:25 PM »

The one that has winter.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2015, 09:45:16 PM »

Aren't they both subtropical climates?
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2015, 09:51:45 PM »

IIRC there is snow in Northern Arkansas, sometimes they get more there than in Northern KY where I'm from.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2015, 03:13:48 AM »

The Passion is big show business...and who else could pull off Jesus' triumphant and fabulous entry into Jerusalem but the gheys.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2015, 03:14:54 AM »

Jesus' last words outside the gate "here I go, boyz!" And then he marched sassily right up Goyim Boulevard
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2015, 07:01:10 AM »

Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans...
Acceptable was probably too much Tongue
All of those places are very far from the Panhandle. Google Map them. You may be surprised by how far.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies