Super Bowl XLIX Predictions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:07:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Super Bowl XLIX Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Poll
Question: Who will win Super Bowl XLIX?
New England Patriots (AFC)

Seattle Seahawks (NFC)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Super Bowl XLIX Predictions  (Read 10491 times)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 03:23:07 PM »

Seahawks

I'll go with the Patriots since they have a better track record at the SuperBowl, and the Patriots QB is a lot cuter. Tongue

You are aware he has a slight bit of a beard, no?

"Russell Wilson is.. Undecided"
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2015, 03:36:49 PM »

As much as I hate to say this, the Seahawks are a dynasty in the making. I don't see the Patriots having much of a chance.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2015, 05:11:46 PM »

Is "Amount of Heart" now an official stat? When did Elias start keeping track of that one?

Okay, we'll pretend that intangibles don't exist. No, spirit is not measured. That's why it's called spirit.

I'll take Seattle's number 1 defense on yards and points (number 1 by a mile in both areas - first time that's happened in back-to-back years since 1985-86) against the pocket passer Brady, which is precisely what they excel against.

I'll take the fact that they turned the ball over five freaking times and still won the game, and not only turned the ball over, but turned it over deep in their own territory. I'll grant that they cannot do that against the Pats, but I don't think they will because that was an aberration.

That better? (Probably not).
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2015, 07:32:36 PM »

Is "Amount of Heart" now an official stat? When did Elias start keeping track of that one?

Okay, we'll pretend that intangibles don't exist. No, spirit is not measured. That's why it's called spirit.

I'll take Seattle's number 1 defense on yards and points (number 1 by a mile in both areas - first time that's happened in back-to-back years since 1985-86) against the pocket passer Brady, which is precisely what they excel against.

I'll take the fact that they turned the ball over five freaking times and still won the game, and not only turned the ball over, but turned it over deep in their own territory. I'll grant that they cannot do that against the Pats, but I don't think they will because that was an aberration.

That better? (Probably not).

Yes, it's usually better to actually discuss things that have or can occur in a game rather than mystical intangibles.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2015, 10:36:04 PM »

Patriots, and I doubt it will be an especially interesting or close game.
Lankester Merrin
fathermerrin2013
Rookie
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2015, 11:20:16 PM »

Pats
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2015, 12:07:40 AM »

Still going with Seattle, obviously.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2015, 12:22:59 AM »

I'll go with the Patriots since they have a better track record at the SuperBowl, and the Patriots QB is a lot cuter. Tongue

You are aware he has a slight bit of a beard, no?
He does? I occasionally watch an NFL game here or there, and I may remember seeing him with a small beard once, but in his most recent game it looks like he's clean-shaven.

Nonetheless, I'm still going with the Pats.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2015, 01:26:45 AM »

Pats.

Unlike the Broncos from last year, New England is good in every facet of the game.  
Lankester Merrin
fathermerrin2013
Rookie
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2015, 01:50:22 AM »

I'll walk further out on a limb and predict a score:

Pats 34, Seahawks 10
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2015, 09:17:10 AM »

SEAHAWKS, Pats haven't won a Superbowl since 2005 and lost twice to upstart Eli Manning and NY Giants, and Seahawks' defense is like Giants

27-20 SEAHAWKS.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2015, 02:08:44 PM »

24-17 Seahawks

I don't feel nearly as confident about this game as the Broncos last year, since the Pats are a really good team (not that Denver wasn't, but they were very overrated with a soft schedule). I don't expect us to play a disaster of a game like against the Packers, because out team seems to fairly consistently underperform when we are the heavy favorites. That won't be the case against the Patriots.

Though if we do lose, it will be awesome seeing Brady get his 4th ring.
Yank2133
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2015, 02:58:09 PM »

SEAHAWKS, Pats haven't won a Superbowl since 2005 and lost twice to upstart Eli Manning and NY Giants, and Seahawks' defense is like Giants

27-20 SEAHAWKS.

Their defense is nothing like the Giants.

New York's defensive line gave the Pats issue. Seattle's front is good, but they haven't been able to generate much pressure this year(Rodgers had all day to throw back there yesterday).
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2015, 02:59:30 PM »

Seattle 24-19
JRP1994

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2015, 03:35:28 PM »

I also don't think that New England will get caught sleeping in the second half like Green Bay was. They won't make those stupid mistakes that the Packers made - they'll play to win for 60 minutes.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 03:15:30 AM »

The Colts. Wink
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 03:16:11 AM »

I also don't think that New England will get caught sleeping in the second half like Green Bay was. They won't make those stupid mistakes that the Packers made - they'll play to win for 60 minutes.

I doubt Seattle will play as uncharacteristically bad as they did in the first 3 quarters, either.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2015, 09:10:22 AM »

With the confirmation of "Deflate-Gate", I hope the Seahawks just rip Tom Brady apart (without hurting him) and run up the score and absolutely humiliate Bill Belicheck and send him crying on the flight home.  The Patriots are a bunch of cheaters.  There is no place for that in today's NFL.  Now, I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game considering how bad Indy played, but still.
JRP1994

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 11:08:59 AM »

With the confirmation of "Deflate-Gate", I hope the Seahawks just rip Tom Brady apart (without hurting him) and run up the score and absolutely humiliate Bill Belicheck and send him crying on the flight home.  The Patriots are a bunch of cheaters.  There is no place for that in today's NFL.  Now, I don't think it would have changed the outcome of the game considering how bad Indy played, but still.

Well, technically nothing has been "confirmed". We have an ESPN report from unnamed source, and the NFL is not yet commenting. And there's been no evidence yet that links the under-inflation to any deliberate action by anyone on the Patriots team or the refereeing team. I'm not saying that they're innocent - I'm saying the case against them has not been fully established.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 11:16:24 AM »

lol
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 12:51:02 PM »

Yeah, 11 out of 12 balls were deflated. A little over two hours prior to kickoff, the balls checked out. Sometime between then and kickoff the balls lost a hell of a lot of air. Magic?

One thing about Bill, he's got more angles than a protractor. Wink

I doubt Seattle will play as uncharacteristically bad as they did in the first 3 quarters, either.

Agreed. I doubt very much that they'll have five turnovers. If they do, they'll get beat for sure.

Would love to see Wilson as MVP. He deserves it. I think he'll play a much better game in the S.B.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2015, 12:49:36 PM »

Seattle
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2015, 01:33:48 PM »

seattle
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2015, 01:40:50 PM »

I don't like to get too precise with predictions, but I'll go out on a limb and say the Pats win it 27-20 (though I'm hoping the Pats win a blowout victory).
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2015, 04:25:20 PM »

52 votes and it's a tie as of now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies