Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:18:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman  (Read 5137 times)
swl
France

« on: January 15, 2015, 05:17:07 AM »
« edited: January 15, 2015, 05:23:37 AM by swl »

Depending on the details I can understand the latter two, but how could you possibly consider it appropriate to jail someone for mocking a dead police officer or imprison someone for four years for mocking a police officer?
The drunk driver provoked an accident where he injured a man and his 12 years old daughter, while he was already sentenced in the past for driving under influence and more small offences. Then he resisted the policemen who tried to caught him and told them that he hoped more people like the Kouachi brothers would avenge him.   

I don't know much about Dieudonné except that he is obsessed about Jews, and I don't know what he said or did this time so I can't really comment. Edit: Apparently he posted on Facebook "Je suis Charlie Coulibaly".
swl
France

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 05:45:21 AM »
« Edited: February 03, 2015, 07:56:42 AM by swl »

The judgement will happen tomorrow fyi.

To those who wonder why antisemitism and Islamophobia may be treated differently, I think France realized something we would prefer not to happen, and that is the following:

During the last years, victims of anti-semitism in France:
2012: Attack on a Jewish school in Toulouse: 4 victims
2014: Attack on the Jewish museum in Brussels (but the perpetrator was a French citizen): 4 victims
2015: Attack on a Jewish supermarket in Paris: 4 victims

Victims of Islamophobia: 0

swl
France

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 11:49:11 AM »

Even if what you were saying was true, which it isn't,
It is. By victims, I meant people killed.

We all wish a world where everyone loves each other, but a government has limited means: it cannot prosecute everyone who says something insulting on social medias, and it cannot put soldiers in front of every school and every place of worship.
When prioritizing its actions, it makes sense to prioritize things that lead to real murder and terror attacks compared to thing that lead to verbal insults or damages on buildings (even though these things are bad as well).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies