Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:24:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dieudonne M'bala M'bala arrested for voicing support for Kosher market gunman  (Read 5136 times)
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:20 PM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30811401

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 11:58:28 PM »

Depending on the details I can understand the latter two, but how could you possibly consider it appropriate to jail someone for mocking a dead police officer or imprison someone for four years for mocking a police officer?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 03:25:34 PM »

Yeah, as much as I hate Dieudonné, I have to admit his post is too nonsensical to qualify as an apology of terrorism. He'll probably be acquitted (if he's even indicted). Still, I'm glad he got locked up for a while, to teach him a little lesson.

And yeah, I support a zero-tolerance policy for those who outright express support for terrorism. It's time to fight back.

The last thing anyone should want after the Charlie Hebdo attacks is for violent force to be able to "teach a little lesson" when it comes to what is acceptable speech.

I have nothing against restrictions of freedom of speech when it goes against racism and bigotry. Neither does Charlie Hebdo. For the record, they even support banning the FN (which I don't).
So people don't have a right to express their opinion if others don't like it?
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 03:28:58 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2015, 03:35:50 PM by Deus Naturae »

Ah, people who post eye-rolling emoticons instead of actually responding... Roll Eyes
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 04:08:13 PM »

Yeah, as much as I hate Dieudonné, I have to admit his post is too nonsensical to qualify as an apology of terrorism. He'll probably be acquitted (if he's even indicted). Still, I'm glad he got locked up for a while, to teach him a little lesson.

And yeah, I support a zero-tolerance policy for those who outright express support for terrorism. It's time to fight back.

The last thing anyone should want after the Charlie Hebdo attacks is for violent force to be able to "teach a little lesson" when it comes to what is acceptable speech.

I have nothing against restrictions of freedom of speech when it goes against racism and bigotry. Neither does Charlie Hebdo. For the record, they even support banning the FN (which I don't).

People have the right to express their opinions until they cross the line into advocating violence.

Not hard to understand.
Espousing racist or "bigoted" views =/= advocating violence.
Deus Naturae
Deus naturae
YaBB God
Croatia

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:14:07 PM »

People have the right to express their opinions until they cross the line into advocating violence.

Not hard to understand.
Espousing racist or "bigoted" views =/= advocating violence.

He wasn't arrested simply for bigoted views. He was arrested for saying he sympathized with a guy who shot up a kosher supermarket.
I was responding to a poster who said that freedom of speech should be restricted for racists and bigots.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies