Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 04:15:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 210157 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1825 on: February 11, 2015, 12:01:04 AM »

With a new job, I can't take off real soon so there would be nothing to date of which to countdown. 

This already escalated from an in-between jobs income to something that you aren't willing to walk away from for a free vacation.

RIP CAD(D).
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1826 on: February 11, 2015, 12:03:13 AM »

With a new job, I can't take off real soon

Define soon. And has that stopped you in the past with actual jobs that had meaning to you.

Headache onset in t-5 days.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1827 on: February 11, 2015, 12:28:10 AM »

Bushie, just try to make some friends at this job instead of counting down to the next time you tag along to Albuqueque.

What kind of friends can you really meet at a scam job?

People equally as gullible and unemployable.

Panda Express

« Reply #1828 on: February 11, 2015, 12:30:57 AM »

So uh, when does this new "job" start?
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1829 on: February 11, 2015, 12:45:50 AM »

I know I said I would turn down the sales job from this morning, but I did not.  Here's why.  There is no end in sight to the CAD job search.  I need income.  I need a filler job until I find a CAD job.

http://www.snagajob.com/job-search/w-tulsa,+ok/q-retail

You're going to make literally $0 at this sales job.
1. The job has a base salary

And supposedly so has every other sales job Bushie has had in the past.

2. Don't tell Bushie that he's completely hopeless, that's not going to help him. By all means criticize him and tell him how he can improve, but telling them that he's going to fail no matter what isn't helpful.

Bushie has as much chance of being succesful at a sales job as I do of performing a succesful heart surgery. Saying that is not a swipe at me or Bushie. Just a fact.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1830 on: February 11, 2015, 01:47:42 AM »

In other news, I just got home from the interview.  Can you say BUST?  She said she would let me know within a MONTH...  Yeah, I'm not holding out hope for that one.
That's a better sign than hiring you immediately. It likely means it's a Legit job with a Legit company and they're taking their time to find the best applicant because hiring for a Legit Job is a monumental decision.

The writers are setting it up so he gets this job, but declines it because he had already accepted a FAST CASH NOW job in the meantime.

So odds on this actually happening now?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1831 on: February 11, 2015, 09:31:29 AM »

Sales are worse than call centers for me. 

But WalMart and other retail is beneath you so much that you'd take a job that's worse than call centers?

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1832 on: February 11, 2015, 09:46:01 AM »

Bushie, you're getting denied CAD(D) jobs because of your obesity and poor interviewing with Tourette's. What makes you think a legitimate sales job--where attractiveness and charisma are paramount--would take a look at you and say yes?

To me, the "$30,000 guaranteed base salary" is actually a sign it's a scam. Maybe JMann can enlighten us differently, but IMO a company that really had something to sell wouldn't feel the need to make those kind of promises to lure in bodies. That's a sign for suckers.

I remember the summer after college I looked into a job as a salesman at a Toyota dealership and the pitch was somber. They guaranteed minimum wage for hours worked, but I would have to show signs of promise every pay period to be maintained at that without sales and then they detailed what my sales would have to be to make X kind of living. They weren't delivering a grandiose pitch eager to sign up schmucks. They were looking for people who were eager to sign up despite what they told them, people who willing to to do hard work for a legitimate product.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1833 on: February 11, 2015, 10:04:54 AM »

A quick google check shows Harbortouch Merchant Services.

http://www.harbortouch.com/services/

Perhaps this is it?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1834 on: February 11, 2015, 10:10:25 AM »

A quick google check shows Harbortouch Merchant Services.

http://www.harbortouch.com/services/

Perhaps this is it?

Nope, that's not it.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1835 on: February 11, 2015, 10:17:36 AM »

I'd bet other than the name there's not much if any difference.  RIP
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1836 on: February 11, 2015, 10:17:47 AM »

Have you shared the company name with Smash and JMann are you going in this one blind with no research?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1837 on: February 11, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »

Have you shared the company name with Smash and JMann are you going in this one blind with no research?

Nope, I haven't seen anything on this. 

Bushie is the $30,000 a salary??  A draw?  Does the $30k base even exist?  What kind of sales?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1838 on: February 11, 2015, 11:15:39 AM »

Bushie is the $30,000 a salary??  A draw?  Does the $30k base even exist?  What kind of sales?

It's a people mill, Smash.   Groundhog Day all over again for Our Dear Friend.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1839 on: February 11, 2015, 11:33:42 AM »

The $30,000 is a base salary.  I will be selling credit card machines to small and medium sized businesses in the Tulsa metro.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1840 on: February 11, 2015, 11:40:42 AM »

I hope you didn't post this on your FB......gonna look bad when this goes Kaboom!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1841 on: February 11, 2015, 11:43:55 AM »

The $30,000 is a base salary.  I will be selling credit card machines to small and medium sized businesses in the Tulsa metro.

Are you selling the machines or the processing service behind the machines?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1842 on: February 11, 2015, 11:48:24 AM »

No one legitimately would guarantee a $30,000 base salary for such crap. That's more like the base for a B2B Pharmaceutical representative. You're getting conned, again.

Seriously, Bushie, ask yourself: CAD(D) employers are discriminating against you based on your appearance. Why on Earth would a sales rep recruiter think you have what it takes?

You're going to make $0 at this worthless "job."
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1843 on: February 11, 2015, 11:50:55 AM »

Bushie, this really seems like a scam.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1844 on: February 11, 2015, 11:52:57 AM »

Do you guys think a family meeting is in the offing? So Mama and Papa Bushie can bless Bushie's decision to go into sales?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1845 on: February 11, 2015, 11:55:55 AM »

Do you guys think a family meeting is in the offing? So Mama and Papa Bushie can bless Bushie's decision to go into sales?

I hope Papa re-institutes the childhood corporal punishment that Bushie supports upon hearing this news.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1846 on: February 11, 2015, 12:04:41 PM »

The machines themselves.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1847 on: February 11, 2015, 12:09:05 PM »

I'm hearing all of what you are saying... and I'm letting it go out the other ear.  I don't need negativity and I am not going to listen to negativity.  King is being purely negative.  He probably doesn't even want me to succeed here.  He wants to say "I told you so".  He thinks he absolutely knows what's going to happen in the future.  He thinks I don't know anything.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1848 on: February 11, 2015, 12:10:09 PM »

The machines themselves.

What kind of machines are they? Are they actually something innovative people would buy in the year 2015 like this?

Or are you looking for suckers to buy this?

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1849 on: February 11, 2015, 12:11:33 PM »

I'm hearing all of what you are saying... and I'm letting it go out the other ear.  I don't need negativity and I am not going to listen to negativity.  King is being purely negative.  He probably doesn't even want me to succeed here.  He wants to say "I told you so".  He thinks he absolutely knows what's going to happen in the future.  He thinks I don't know anything.

You're right. I don't want you to succeed there because I want you to have money in your bank account.

Seriously, who gives two craps if you succeed at selling credit card machines? Literally nobody will care if you succeed at this. Not your parents, not you. It's completely worthless waste of time.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies