Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 11:33:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 211557 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1725 on: February 08, 2015, 07:52:08 PM »

My best friend at church, though, is going to send out a mass text tomorrow asking if anyone knows of any CAD jobs here in the Oklahoma City area.

That's awfully nice of him, but realistically, is there any chance of success going that route? Does he actually know people who would hire in that area? I don't blame you for trying because it can't hurt, but is it progress?

This was almost a month ago, but while it was a nice gesture, it didn't turn up any results.

Ah, my phone brought me to the wrong page. My bad. But what does it say that your most recent post and three weeks ago are nearly interchangeable? Are the writers on strike? Let's get some new dramatic twist to top last season already!
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1726 on: February 08, 2015, 08:09:44 PM »

Someone find a new MLM scam job for Jeff to work at. That'll liven things up around here for a week or two.

Herbalife, perhaps?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1727 on: February 08, 2015, 08:13:53 PM »

Unfortunately this has been a very poor season so far. Really the only thing that could save it at this point as surprise reveal in the finale that Bushie actually has hit the big three-double-zero. But as things stand, this season is languishing in C or even C- territory.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1728 on: February 08, 2015, 09:02:49 PM »

In other news, but the job search is already underway for the week.  I've already put in one application about 30 minutes ago and I've got a place I'm going to call in the morning.
Well, I suppose it's a start...

All things considered, I'll give Bushie a C for his first day. My 85 year old grandpa - complete with two fake knees - could exercise better than him. But so far, his eating appears to be okay.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1729 on: February 08, 2015, 10:17:29 PM »

Wait Bushie was in a bachelor party?  What the heck does a group of Christians do for a bachelor party?  They're Not allowed to do anything!
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1730 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:41 PM »

Wait Bushie was in a bachelor party?  What the heck does a group of Christians do for a bachelor party?  They're Not allowed to do anything!
They eat a lot of unhealthy slop. That's the religious version of fun.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1731 on: February 09, 2015, 12:10:30 AM »

Hey Bushie do people at your church raise their hands during the songs or spread them to the sides? Today I sat near a cute girl that was doing the latter and sort of shaking around. I'd assume the people at your church aren't as "mobile" though.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1732 on: February 09, 2015, 09:30:08 AM »

Hey Bushie do people at your church raise their hands during the songs or spread them to the sides? Today I sat near a cute girl that was doing the latter and sort of shaking around. I'd assume the people at your church aren't as "mobile" though.

Some do, some don't.  We don't discourage it.  It all depends on how the Spirit is moving them at the time.  I do myself, on occasion.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1733 on: February 09, 2015, 10:39:33 AM »

Where would I get this pedometer?  Sporting Goods store, like Dicks or Academy?

My wife got one at the Dollar Tree.  It worked well enough for about six months.  There are some five-dollar ones that last for years.  Here's one with 20 reviews, mostly positive, for $12.99 that tracks two kinds of steps, walking and jogging, and also has features including weekly log that tracks the energy expended.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1734 on: February 09, 2015, 10:47:59 AM »

Some do, some don't.  We don't discourage it.  It all depends on how the Spirit is moving them at the time.  I do myself, on occasion.

Do people wear hoodies and jeans?
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1735 on: February 09, 2015, 11:42:18 AM »

Don't be silly. This is Oklahoma after all: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/01/12/hoodie_ban_oklahoma_republican_proposes_bill_to_outlaw_wearing_hoods_in.html.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1736 on: February 09, 2015, 11:52:15 AM »

While I'm normally weary of you purchasing walking gear, when I lost a lot of weight back in early high school through walking, I wore a pedometer. You should be able to get a New Balance pedometer to clip on your belt for about $15 that is pretty accurate and tell you how many steps you take in a day.

The nice thing about wearing a pedometer for you is that you get credit for steps you do anywhere, such as walking from kitchen to bathroom.  And you can't cheat it because it works by counting the rigid tempo shakes associated with walking.

This will give you a good idea of your activity level. I was nowhere near your weight or inactivity level, but I started a goal of 10,000 steps a day (I was 3,000-5,000 already steps a day doing nothing) and by the end of the summer before school started again I was 30 lbs lighter and doing upwards of 25,000 steps a day.

Where would I get this pedometer?  Sporting Goods store, like Dicks or Academy?

If you have an android download the S Health app, I-Phone has something similar.  Seriously though Bushie, not being able to walk more than 15 minutes is very serious.  You really do need to take care of this and be serious about it and not half assed as you did in your previous walking attempts.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1737 on: February 09, 2015, 11:54:16 AM »

Don't be silly. This is Oklahoma after all: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/01/12/hoodie_ban_oklahoma_republican_proposes_bill_to_outlaw_wearing_hoods_in.html.

Actually, that bill has been withdrawn and will not be heard.

Many of us, including myself, wear jeans to church and if it's really cold, you'll see a few hoodies.  Hoodies aren't as commonplace in the churches as jeans are, but I don't see anything wrong with them.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1738 on: February 09, 2015, 12:00:41 PM »

Unfortunately this has been a very poor season so far. Really the only thing that could save it at this point as surprise reveal in the finale that Bushie actually has hit the big three-double-zero. But as things stand, this season is languishing in C or even C- territory.

I can't help but feel partly responsible. I'm sorry, my friend!
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1739 on: February 09, 2015, 12:09:47 PM »

Many of us, including myself, wear jeans to church and if it's really cold, you'll see a few hoodies.  Hoodies aren't as commonplace in the churches as jeans are, but I don't see anything wrong with them.

Any band shirts?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1740 on: February 09, 2015, 12:10:47 PM »

Getting time to pick a new season name.......lots of good options this time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1741 on: February 09, 2015, 12:14:25 PM »

Any band shirts?

Mostly on Sunday or Wednesday evenings, and they're bands like Mercy Me, Third Day, Casting Crowns, Skillet, Jeremy Camp, JJ Heller, David Crowder, etc.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1742 on: February 09, 2015, 01:14:10 PM »

Getting time to pick a new season name.......lots of good options this time.

Everybody Needs A Cheat Day
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1743 on: February 09, 2015, 05:56:16 PM »

Since he did not post what he ate today I will assume it's RIP diet.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1744 on: February 09, 2015, 06:02:28 PM »

I was just about to post what I had.  I had a bowl of cereal this morning for breakfast, just water for lunch, and a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I had 4 glasses of water today (34 oz. total).  I will get out and walk at 1730 before this evening's basketball games come on.
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #1745 on: February 09, 2015, 06:06:32 PM »

I was just about to post what I had.  I had a bowl of cereal this morning for breakfast, just water for lunch, and a bacon and tomato sandwich for supper.  I had 4 glasses of water today (34 oz. total).  I will get out and walk at 1730 before this evening's basketball games come on.
Good boy Bushie!

Now you just need to put in a walking distance that actually means sonething.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1746 on: February 09, 2015, 06:32:52 PM »

I honestly think my diet has been worse than Bushie's these last few days. Being snowed in all the time sucks.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #1747 on: February 09, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »

I honestly think my diet has been worse than Bushie's these last few days. Being snowed in all the time sucks.

Muscle your butt to the gym, even if you don't want to. That is the best way to survive, in my most recent experience with my Hudson Valley hood. And why is it, that so many driver's in the hood, don't know how to drive in it, with snow and ice on the roads? I mean I learned that in my salad days in Chicago and Ann Arbor. And what you learned with so many of your brains cells then un-killed, you remember now - like it was yesterday. It seems indeed like "yesterday"when I was your age (I mean most of you here), was not far off from the actual yesterday. Time really flies when you get old. Make the most of it while you can!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1748 on: February 09, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »

I was able to bump it from 15 to 20 minutes tonight and put in 0.8 miles.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1749 on: February 09, 2015, 07:20:05 PM »

I was able to bump it from 15 to 20 minutes tonight and put in 0.8 miles.

The calculator shows you burned 150 calories.  You need to do more. 

http://www.shapesense.com/fitness-exercise/calculators/walking-calorie-burn-calculator.aspx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies