Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:46:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 208432 times)
patrick1
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1450 on: February 06, 2015, 12:11:00 AM »

A sick person who does not drink water lost weight,  shocking...You are dehydrated.  A few days of eating like you normally do and more of your high in salt Braum's and it is all back.

Stop trolling.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1451 on: February 06, 2015, 12:12:12 AM »

Now, Bushie, considering how low in dietary fiber your diet is, it's quite possible you carry upwards of 20 lbs of feces in your intestines, so when your BMing and not eating a lot, your weight could drop down a few pounds quickly. But that is NOT losing weight. Sure, the scale is going downward, at least temporarily, but it's not improving your outlook for avoiding diabetes or an early death. Everyone's weight is partially waste moving through the digestive track.  You eat a lot, so you produce a lot of waste. Eating less will temporarily lower the amount of waste you have in your body.

But your body fat is not decreasing. Your cholesterol, blood pressure, and blood sugar are not going down. You are not getting one iota healthier.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #1452 on: February 06, 2015, 12:14:39 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 12:18:53 AM by Lame Duck Obama »

I did some calculation and on Tuesday, I only had about 600 calories (1 3/4 hot dogs with just mustard was only 480 calories according to the nutrition labels on the packages.  On Wednesday, I had about 1,400 calories with 400 of that being the crackers and cheese and the rest being the Sprite.  Today, I had about 1,900 calories with 1,100 of that being from McDonald's and the rest being Sprite and 1 can of Mountain Dew.  Both Wednesday and today I have had a lot of BMs.  I had about 6 BMs yesterday and 3 so far today.

And because you didn't exercise at all it's literally impossible that you've lost 7-8 pounds. See King's post.

So, you are saying the numbers lied to me?

Yes.

It's physically impossible for you to lose that much body fat in 48 hours unless you ran a marathon, consuming nothing but water the entire day, and then fasting again with nothing but water for another day, running another marathon, and slept the entirety of the time in between both marathons.

If all takes is just eating hotdogs and sitting around and pounds fly off, nobody would be fat. Nobody would exercise.

So, I should NEVER believe my scale?  If it lied to me this time, when every other variable was the exact same, how can I ever believe it?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1453 on: February 06, 2015, 12:21:18 AM »

I did some calculation and on Tuesday, I only had about 600 calories (1 3/4 hot dogs with just mustard was only 480 calories according to the nutrition labels on the packages.  On Wednesday, I had about 1,400 calories with 400 of that being the crackers and cheese and the rest being the Sprite.  Today, I had about 1,900 calories with 1,100 of that being from McDonald's and the rest being Sprite and 1 can of Mountain Dew.  Both Wednesday and today I have had a lot of BMs.  I had about 6 BMs yesterday and 3 so far today.

And because you didn't exercise at all it's literally impossible that you've lost 7-8 pounds. See King's post.

Yes.

It's physically impossible for you to lose that much body fat in 48 hours unless you ran a marathon, consuming nothing but water the entire day, and then fasting again with nothing but water for another day, running another marathon, and slept the entirety of the time in between both marathons.

If all takes is just eating hotdogs and sitting around and pounds fly off, nobody would be fat. Nobody would exercise.

So, I should NEVER believe my scale?  If it lied to me this time, when every other variable was the exact same, how can I ever believe it?

Gonna have to go with fluctuations in lunar gravity on this one, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1454 on: February 06, 2015, 12:23:13 AM »

I did some calculation and on Tuesday, I only had about 600 calories (1 3/4 hot dogs with just mustard was only 480 calories according to the nutrition labels on the packages.  On Wednesday, I had about 1,400 calories with 400 of that being the crackers and cheese and the rest being the Sprite.  Today, I had about 1,900 calories with 1,100 of that being from McDonald's and the rest being Sprite and 1 can of Mountain Dew.  Both Wednesday and today I have had a lot of BMs.  I had about 6 BMs yesterday and 3 so far today.

Yes.

So, I should NEVER believe my scale?  If it lied to me this time, when every other variable was the exact same, how can I ever believe it?

Gonna have to go with fluctuations in lunar gravity on this one, Bushie.

I understand lunar gravity.  I'm still going to go by what the scale says and how my clothes fit.
Panda Express

« Reply #1455 on: February 06, 2015, 12:25:03 AM »

Yes.

Since I'm assuming you have a cheap Wal-Mart scale, you do realize you can step on the scale and it could say 200 pounds but if you step off and immediately step on it again, it could say 202 pounds. It's not completely precise 100% of the time, especially for higher weights
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1456 on: February 06, 2015, 12:26:36 AM »

Yes.

Believe that it will give you a general idea of how massively fat you are, not day to day updates on your weight loss goals. I think a mirror would be a better indicator of whether you are losing weight. You can weigh yourself once a month maybe just to get a general idea of what your TDEE is for dietary reasons.

Of course this is all a waste of time. You'll never be serious enough to lose weight. You're 10x more likely to be 320 lbs than 260 lbs by the end of this year.

We've been doing these small victories where you claim you lost 2 lbs in one day and said SCALE IS TRUTH, but on average the weight keeps going up and up and up.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1457 on: February 06, 2015, 12:30:35 AM »

Also, how your clothes fit is a bad indicator as well since fabric stretches as it wears down. Slight improvements in comfiness are more an indicator of how old your clothes are than if you are losing weight.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1458 on: February 06, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »

You feel like garbage because you keep eating crap, Bushie. Don't you understand? I can't imagine treating a stomach bug with a McDonald's burger full of all kinds of preservatives.

If you want to feel better, look better, and get over your ailments, you know what you have to do. You just don't want to do it.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1459 on: February 06, 2015, 12:32:20 AM »

You feel like garbage because you keep eating crap, Bushie. Don't you understand? I can't imagine treating a stomach bug with a McDonald's burger full of all kinds of preservatives.

If you want to feel better, look better, and get over your ailments, you know what you have to do. You just don't want to do it.

He can't even connect having a headache with drinking water. I can't imagine saying I have a small headache and "not planning" to drink any water. It should be the first thing anyone with a headache should reach for.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1460 on: February 06, 2015, 12:34:40 AM »

I was trying to be honest and sincere earlier when I posted my realizations after this stomach bug, but instead of being greeted with encouragement, I was criticized and talked to like I was an idiot.  Is that your definition of a friend?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1461 on: February 06, 2015, 12:35:14 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 12:37:25 AM by Monarch »

I was trying to be honest and sincere earlier when I posted my realizations after this stomach bug, but instead of being greeted with encouragement, I was criticized and talked to like I was an idiot.  Is that your definition of a friend?

Yes.

You're confusing "being called an idiot" with "stating something that is factually incorrect."

I once posted on this forum a post using Princeton Law School as an example. Princeton does not have a law school. I was called to the carpet, but that does not make me an idiot.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #1462 on: February 06, 2015, 12:36:18 AM »

One thing I've started doing is that if I do go out to a restaurant and order some big high-calorie dish, I only eat half of it and save the other half for dinner. That way, my 1200-calorie monstrosity is split between 2 meals. While still not exactly healthy, it's not going to load me up on calories.

If I still feel hungry after eating half of it, too bad for me. That's the cost of going out for lunch instead of bringing my own. Gloppy restaurant meals are usually big portions anyway.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1463 on: February 06, 2015, 12:37:26 AM »

I refuse to believe my weight had much to do with the stomach bug.  It's been going around.  It was just my turn to catch it.  My weight doesn't affect EVERYTHING.  You all act like if I lost 150 lbs, I would never be ill or have any more problems.  I know I need to lose weight and I am not refusing to do it.  I just don't believe it's the cure to end all ailments.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1464 on: February 06, 2015, 12:38:50 AM »

Bushie's obviously never done this, because he'd never desecrate his body with that demonic substance alcohol, but you know how ads will sometimes encourage people to grab a friend's keys if they've obviously drank too much to drive but want to anyway? Your friend might not like it at the time, but stopping them before they do something very bad is what friends should do.

Bushie doesn't get this if he thinks not being attacked for this and if it's OK. He's getting headaches and feeling like crap, for not engaging in basic human behavior and still considers walking for 15 minutes or drinking a glass of water out of the question.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1465 on: February 06, 2015, 12:39:35 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2015, 12:41:59 AM by Monarch »

I refuse to believe my weight had anything to do with the stomach bug.  It's been going around.  It was just my turn to catch it.  My weight doesn't affect EVERYTHING.  You all act like if I lost 150 lbs, I would never be ill or have any more problems.  I know I need to lose weight and I am not refusing to do it.  I just don't believe it's the cure to end all ailments.

Your diet did not cause your getting the stomach flu, but it does weaken your immune system. Also, eating hotdogs and McDonalds in the middle of a stomach flu is unfathomable to most people who have ever had the stomach flu. Most people would eat tomato soup at best in that scenario.

And you're wrong for thinking it is a cure to end all ailments. I'm 200 lbs and have never missed a day of work due to a headache or backpain or a stomach bug. I have had all three of these things, but they clear up quickly. You have caught more diseases in the past 6 months than I have in the past 6 years and I interact with far more people and am exposed to more bacteria/viruses on a day to day basis than you do.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1466 on: February 06, 2015, 12:41:55 AM »

I refuse to believe my weight had anything to do with the stomach bug.  It's been going around.  It was just my turn to catch it.  My weight doesn't affect EVERYTHING.  You all act like if I lost 150 lbs, I would never be ill or have any more problems.  I know I need to lose weight and I am not refusing to do it.  I just don't believe it's the cure to end all ailments.

I'm not saying you would avoid all illnesses, but you have a lot of stomach issues, and I did too prior to cleaning up my diet.

All I am saying is, I'd love nothing more than to see you get serious about cleaning up your diet, and I think you'd be shocked at how much better you'd feel. But you don't seem to want to do that, you just keep getting sick.

And yes, MOST of your problems stem from the fact that youre morbidly obese. You can call me an enemy if you want, but I am always honest with my friends and want what's best for them, even if it isn't easy for them to do or admit.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1467 on: February 06, 2015, 12:42:52 AM »

However, my post from earlier still stands.  My goals are the same.  You can judge me for them all you want, but it does not mean you're correct.  Allow me to prove you all wrong.  I'm not on the road to 300 and it will be very easy to lose weight.  The weight will drop off fast at first and then slow down some.  I know how to lose weight.  I do have a goal of being into the 270's by the time I reach my doctor's appointment on March 24.  I am at 286 now.  We'll see how it goes.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1468 on: February 06, 2015, 12:46:46 AM »

However, my post from earlier still stands.  My goals are the same.  You can judge me for them all you want, but it does not mean you're correct.  Allow me to prove you all wrong.  I'm not on the road to 300 and it will be very easy to lose weight.  The weight will drop off fast at first and then slow down some.  I know how to lose weight.  I do have a goal of being into the 270's by the time I reach my doctor's appointment on March 24.  I am at 286 now.  We'll see how it goes.

You used to be in the 270s and had a goal of 250s. It accompanied these same posts of how much progress you were making and "dieting" by eating one hotdog and a spoonful of cereal all day. Also 0 exercise.  It's not going to work. 100% guarantee to fail. You don't know to lose weight at all. The only reason you have ever been at a lighter weight than you are now is because you were younger. It's been a slow steady trend upward.

You are literally trying to have your cake and eat it too. Never has a colloquialism been more apt.

You don't need to "cut back" on anything. You need to completely change everything you do. There's nothing to cut back.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1469 on: February 06, 2015, 12:46:51 AM »

If there is one thing that is true, this stomach bug has taught me a few lessons especially on how to keep my body from getting too hungry while only having a limited number of calories.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1470 on: February 06, 2015, 12:48:45 AM »

Allow me to prove you all wrong.  I'm not on the road to 300 and it will be very easy to lose weight.  The weight will drop off fast at first and then slow down some.  I know how to lose weight.  I do have a goal of being into the 270's by the time I reach my doctor's appointment on March 24.  I am at 286 now.  We'll see how it goes.

So if you know how to do it, can you explain it to us?  What is your plan for getting down to the 270s?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1471 on: February 06, 2015, 12:50:02 AM »

If there is one thing that is true, this stomach bug has taught me a few lessons especially on how to keep my body from getting too hungry while only having a limited number of calories.

By getting stomach bugs?

The real answer is nutrition density. There are as many calories in 8 navel oranges as 1 small Wendy's Frosty. If you really don't want to be hungry on a limited number of calories, you'll opt for the 8 oranges instead of the 1 small shake.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1472 on: February 06, 2015, 12:51:37 AM »

Give me a chance here, guys.  I know you've been giving me chance after chance, but let me prove to you and to myself that I can do this.  I think we'll both be surprised.  I know you guys would love to be proven wrong.  Of that, I have no doubt.  I firmly believe that with just a little discipline, I could reverse the trend that King so correctly points out.  The goal of the 270's by March 24 still stands.  I will still weigh every day, but I will only count my weight on Sundays.  I won't get too worked up over daily fluctuations, but I need them just to have an idea.  I will record the weight every Sunday morning at the beginning of every week.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1473 on: February 06, 2015, 12:53:37 AM »

Give me a chance here, guys.  I know you've been giving me chance after chance, but let me prove to you and to myself that I can do this.  I think we'll both be surprised.  I know you guys would love to be proven wrong.  Of that, I have no doubt.  I firmly believe that with just a little discipline, I could reverse the trend that King so correctly points out.  The goal of the 270's by March 24 still stands.  I will still weigh every day, but I will only count my weight on Sundays.  I won't get too worked up over daily fluctuations, but I need them just to have an idea.  I will record the weight every Sunday morning at the beginning of every week.

Those are all great buzzwords but you have zero plan. You have no plan about what you're going to eat tomorrow or any exercise plan.  You just have a feeling that you want to lose weight. You've had that feeling every day for years. It doesn't materialize just by wanting it more.
Panda Express

« Reply #1474 on: February 06, 2015, 12:54:42 AM »

I refuse to believe my weight had much to do with the stomach bug.  It's been going around.  It was just my turn to catch it.  My weight doesn't affect EVERYTHING.  You all act like if I lost 150 lbs, I would never be ill or have any more problems.  I know I need to lose weight and I am not refusing to do it.  I just don't believe it's the cure to end all ailments.

You get "stomach bugs" all the time. Normal people go years without getting it.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies