Explain your username.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 11:41:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Explain your username.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Explain your username.  (Read 4356 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2015, 04:30:22 PM »

Je Suis Charlie, as many here probably know, comes from the Twitter hashtag that was made in result of the Charlie Hebdo Attacks on his cartoon making company.

Enderman actually came from late (as in December 27th) of 2012. It was not at all made from the Minecraft character (by the way I in no way could care for it). Anyways the word is in two parts 'Ender' comes from the Dutch spelling of my real last name, and '-man' was originally intended to show I was Dutch-German, however I later would realize if I wanted to do so, I would have had to add on another 'n' to make it "Endermann", however I would only realize this months later.

Honestly I would love to change my username to something else, like "Williw" the last name of a character from a short story I wrote years ago. I might finish it soon, or forget about it like the past three or so years. Tongue
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »

Meh, everyone knows this by now.  "anvi" is a shortened form of the Sanskrit compound "anvikshiki"  (आन्वीक्षिकी) which literally means "seeking" (anvi) to master learning."  It was a rough equivalent for "philosophy" or "logic" or "critical inquiry."  I might change it soon, actually.  I used to think it was a cool word, but now I just think maybe it's too esoteric and pretentious.    
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 08:11:56 PM »

Clark = last name
95 = 1995 (also, this is my 1,995th post)

The "o" just links them together Tongue
CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2015, 09:09:14 PM »

County- I have an obsession with counties (quite unhealthy actually; I know all 254 in Texas for God's sake...)

Ty- Tyler is my first name (And I think CounTyTy sounds cool)

90- Year I was born
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2015, 09:20:17 PM »

Castro2020 refers to two things. One aspect of it is about how Fidel Castro had a perfect vision (aka 20/20 vision) of how a government is supposed to run and which is why we should all be communists. The other reason (the real reason) is my prediction of a Clinton/Castro ticket in 2016, with Clinton declining a 2nd term and Castro running instead. I will probably change my username to Castro2024 if he doesn't end up running then.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:52 PM »

Sol is a shortened form of Solarius, which is my username on various other forums. I'm not really sure why I didn't go with Solarius in the first place on here; it might have had something to do with the fact that I came to this forum from AH.com, where the majority of my posts were noobish timelines I had written when I was 9 or so. Tongue

I have no idea where Solarius comes from. I've used it basically since I joined the internet.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2015, 11:38:01 PM »

It's the name of my neighborhood.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2015, 12:14:47 AM »

Birthday march 24th.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2015, 12:26:16 AM »

It's a reference to an R.E.M. song, 'E-bow the Letter'.  The name was picked on a whim, and it's not a moniker I generally use outside of this forum.
Aliens
Invader
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2015, 12:38:21 AM »

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2015, 12:50:35 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeon_Bongjun
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2015, 01:06:13 AM »

Sure, but you are Chinese (IIRC) and pretty conservative, so why did you choose the leader of a Korean peasant rebellion, who tried to eliminate the entire landowning class?
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2015, 01:11:15 AM »

Sure, but you are Chinese (IIRC) and pretty conservative, so why did you choose the leader of a Korean peasant rebellion, who tried to eliminate the entire landowning class?

I'm ethnically Korean and ironically enough I chose the name in 2008 when I was pretty conservative because of its uniqueness rather than for ideological reasons.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 02:33:45 AM »

I like bacon. I also love bacon. 96 was a random number I attached to it.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 02:41:22 AM »

I like bacon. I also love bacon. 96 was a random number I attached to it.

Any person who loves bacon is a friend of mine.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2015, 02:53:40 AM »

PiT stands for "Physicist in Training". Rather out of date considering that I have decided against pursuing graduate education in the field, but I couldn't have known how things would turn out back when I chose it.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2015, 03:13:40 AM »

PiT stands for "Physicist in Training". Rather out of date considering that I have decided against pursuing graduate education in the field, but I couldn't have known how things would turn out back when I chose it.

What education did you pursue?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2015, 03:39:58 AM »

What education did you pursue?

I hold a Bachelor's in Physics, and may go back for a teaching credential at some point in the next few years if I find that it is necessary for me to establish my career.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2015, 04:15:52 AM »

As a former regular follower of ElectionProjections, I was inspired by one of his cross linked sites (of which the Atlas was of course one of as well), a blog run by the Confederate Yankee, a site I have actually never been on save for maybe once and don't even know if it is still there.

I am a northerner who was moved down to a southern state when I was eleven and have generally done as much as possible to resist cultural assimilation though I should note that the differences between my part of redneck rural PA/upstate NY and NC are not as stark as some other parts of PA would be. The major difference is that said rednecks in PA were lifelong Republicans from ancestrally Republican families whereas here they are former Democrats or the children of Democrats.

Also I was fascinated by Theodore Roosevelt at the time, particular that he was such a complex with many seemingly contradictory elements. A warmonger with a nobel peace prize, a New Yorker from an elite family who tries to take up ranching in the Dakotas, a Republican who fights the PArty's big business elites and party bosses etc). Since the username has a built in contradiction, it adequately represents my own self in a similar regard.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies